Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted just now off waitlist at NYMC!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/31. cGPA and sGPA 3.4, MCAT 514, lots of clinical experience and a reapplicant

Forgot to post stats etc because I was busy having a grade-A freakout

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 3/31. cGPA and sGPA 3.4, MCAT 514, lots of clinical experience and a reapplicant

Forgot to post stats etc because I was busy having a grade-A freakout
noice, are you a URM or just vanilla
but also congrats, I think I'll probably have very similar stats when I apply (~3.5 cgpa and sgpa, probably 514 MCAT)

No, I am exceptionally white and largely boring. Just lucky!

Reactions: 5 users
I'll try that. I got denied by like 47000 credit card companies because I'm so highly leveraged with student loans though, so I'm not sure I like my odds.

wut? I have like 60k in loans from undergrad + 1 semester of law school and I am getting swamped by credit card companies trying to get me to sign up with them. Seriously I get 2 pieces of mail or more daily from them. I have decent credit(good but not great) and a low paying job(slightly above min wage). Just thought I should let you know the student loans probably arent the problem.

wut? I have like 60k in loans from undergrad + 1 semester of law school and I am getting swamped by credit card companies trying to get me to sign up with them. Seriously I get 2 pieces of mail or more daily from them. I have decent credit(good but not great) and a low paying job(slightly above min wage). Just thought I should let you know the student loans probably arent the problem.
Hmm...I don't know what to say about that. I have one credit card already and student loans. I have a decent credit score though. Maybe there's just something about me that makes institutions of any kind willing to accept me.

Congrats @21Rush12 ! Hopefully more of these posts will pop up this week! Excited for all of you still waiting

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It makes me very happy to see some of the regular posters here achieve their dream, deservedly and at long last.

Reactions: 11 users
@bananafish94 your day is coming, it just HAS to be. You kept us all together and in good spirits for months, and I can't thank you enough for helping me keep some level-headed perspective balanced with the unwavering optimism that this thread has had since the day it started.

Reactions: 7 users
@bananafish94 your day is coming, it just HAS to be. You kept us all together and in good spirits for months, and I can't thank you enough for helping me keep some level-headed perspective balanced with the unwavering optimism that this thread has had since the day it started.

Thank you. I envy your optimism. I really hope you're right!

Reactions: 4 users
Just found out that my estranged uncle is from North Dakota. I can already see my essay now about our yearly family expedition to the great state of North Dakota, how I fell in love with the countryside and the people, how I knew from a young age that I needed to practice medicine here.

I should probably do some research about North Dakota.

Reactions: 7 users
Just found out that my estranged uncle is from North Dakota. I can already see my essay now about our yearly family expedition to the great state of North Dakota, how I fell in love with the countryside and the people, how I knew from a young age that I needed to practice medicine here.

Here's all you need to know about North Dakota:

In the military they don't report you AWOL for 5 days...because it's so flat they can still see you running.
North Dakota has 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad skiing.
North Dakota state bird is the mosquito.
North Dakota state tree is the telephone pole.

All that being said, a good friend of mine did go to pharmacy school at North Dakota State and survived. And moved the hell out of North Dakota as soon as he finished. :D

Here's all you need to know about North Dakota:

In the military they don't report you AWOL for 5 days...because it's so flat they can still see you running.
North Dakota has 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad skiing.
North Dakota state bird is the mosquito.
North Dakota state tree is the telephone pole.

All that being said, a good friend of mine did go to pharmacy school at North Dakota State and survived. And moved the hell out of North Dakota as soon as he finished. :D
The degree to which I care about location is so infinitesimally small that mathematicians have yet to come up with a number that adequately reflects it. Put me in an underground bunker with running water for all I care!

The degree to which I care about location is so infinitesimally small that mathematicians have yet to come up with a number that adequately reflects it. Put me in an underground bunker with running water for all I care!

Underground bunker got me immediately thinking about Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day celebrating with your moms or studying for finals, whatever it may be! Another week has started - hopefully good news for us all!!!

Reactions: 8 users

And that it completely slipped your mind in the first application cycle, until you remembered old uncle Jim bob!

And that it completely slipped your mind in the first application cycle, until you remembered old uncle Jim bob!
Technically unless I specifically say that I'm a reapplicant I don't think they'll know because I haven't applied there before.

Technically unless I specifically say that I'm a reapplicant I don't think they'll know because I haven't applied there before.
From what I have read even if you didnt apply to any school, but you were verified by AMCAS, you are classified as a re-applicant to schools.

From what I have read even if you didnt apply to any school, but you were verified by AMCAS, you are classified as a re-applicant to schools.

You can't be verified by AMCAS without applying to at least one school.

Hi everyone, I've been away from this thread and SDN for awhile and just wanted to catch up.

1) congrats to everyone who got a late acceptance or one off the WL.

2) @bananafish94 I've said it before, but it's worth repeating. Take a year or two off from applying. The stress and anxiety isn't healthy for your body and reading about you trying to bump up credit limits to pay for applications is scary. You are just graduating from college. You are young. There is time. Get your house in order. Find a good job. Take some continuing ed classes. You do yourself a disservice by re-applying right away. Your head is not in the right place to write a thoughtful PS or essays. You WILL get in, don't rush it.

3) For everyone else waiting and starting the re-application process, good luck. I was in your shoes this time last year. It sucks. You start to imagine your phone buzzing. Every new email raises your BP. It's more trying than it should be.

Don't let these rejections make you feel like you're not capable of getting in. In just the last two years, there has been a 10% increase (4500 applicants) in the number of applicants. In that same time, there has only been a 2% increase (500) in the number of matriculants. It's becoming harder and more competitive. I'm not saying this to dishearten you, but to be realistic. Continue to work hard, don't cut corners or make irrational sacrifices and you will see it bear fruit.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Don't let these rejections make you feel like you're not capable of getting in. In just the last two years, there has been a 10% increase (4500 applicants) in the number of applicants. In that same time, there has only been a 2% increase (500) in the number of matriculants. It's becoming harder and more competitive. I'm not saying this to dishearten you, but to be realistic. Continue to work hard, don't cut corners or make irrational sacrifices and you will see it bear fruit.

Good luck and happy hunting.

You can thank the new MCAT for that. BTW, how many schools were you a reapp at and how many interviews from those schools did you get?

False. Only at schools you applied to are you a reapplicant.
ImageUploadedBySDN1462983812.109385.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

seriously though each day of waiting is really really testing me beyond belief.

BTW, how many schools were you a reapp at and how many interviews from those schools did you get?
- I applied to 31 schools this year.
- 18 were re-app.
- 4 of those schools interviewed me last year. 2 interviewed me this year. Both of those programs provided me direct feedback on my application last year.
- I withdrew from the 2 others this year before I received a decision
- I got 2 interviews this year from first-time programs.

I didn't take off a year between applications, but I took two classes, published a paper and added 250 volunteer hours in one of the busiest ERs in the country that was all new to this year's application

- I applied to 31 schools this year.
- 18 were re-app.
- 4 of those schools interviewed me last year. 2 interviewed me this year. Both of those programs provided me direct feedback on my application last year.
- I withdrew from the 2 others this year before I received a decision
- I got 2 interviews this year from first-time programs.

I didn't take off a year between applications, but I took two classes, published a paper and added 250 volunteer hours in one of the busiest ERs in the country that was all new to this year's application
I'm planning to reapply this cycle and not take a year off in between. When were you able to get feedback from the two programs? Were you waitlisted at those programs or did you get the feedback after a formal rejection? And congrats again on getting accepted this time around! :)

I have been able to get feedback from a couple of my schools from last cycle, including my home state yesterday, but many of them either said no, or didn't do it until June/July because they want you to wait a year (since you likely have things to fix).

Yesterday's feedback was amazing for me though- and all my "issues" have already been addressed. It was good to hear (good and bad I guess) that my rejection there was mostly due to how I filled out the app/wrote, not about content, my GPA repair (I specifically asked and they said they were fine with both my grades and MCAT), etc. I apparently wasn't reflective enough, and wrote it too much like a resume/"professionally". I feel much better about this next cycle!

We also had a health graduate fair yesterday that I helped sponsor/put on...53 schools (mostly MD/DO, some PA, some dent, some SMP (Georgetown) that turned out really well, and also just chatted with some of DO schools that I'm applying to this cycle and got very positive responses. Good day yesterday!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hope everyone (at least on the east coast) are enjoying this beautiful weather this week! :banana:

Now that I pulled it together I wanted to post this in the thread that kept me sane this cycle. After 5 interviews, 2 post interview rejections and 3 WL's I can finally say I got accepted. Was ready to re-apply working on my PS. Just wow. Thanks for all the people on this thread like catie, cmo, banana, city and choco..and not a cop..thanks. Not to mention goro and gyn who are always there for us! Congrats to those accepted and for those who are waiting dont give up! What a ride its been.

Reactions: 40 users
Now that I pulled it together I wanted to post this in the thread that kept me sane this cycle. After 5 interviews, 2 post interview rejections and 3 WL's I can finally say I got accepted. Was ready to re-apply working on my PS. Just wow. Thanks for all the people on this thread like catie, cmo, banana, city and choco..and not a cop..thanks. Not to mention goro and gyn who are always there for us! Congrats to those accepted and for those who are waiting dont give up! What a ride its been.
Yay again @whatsupdr!! Congrats!!!!!! This thread saved me this cycle too, I really don't know what i would've done without you guys. I never imagined I could get this much support on SDN, you guys are all the best!!

@whatsupdr I know I said it on one of these already but congratulations! Now it's YOUR turn to change your status to medical student! You earned it!

Reactions: 3 users
YESSSSS!!!!!! So proud of you. I knew you'd get it doc I knew it!!!! Where are you going?!!! Congratulations you're on your way to becoming a doctor - look at you!!! So happy for you :)

Yay again @whatsupdr!! Congrats!!!!!! This thread saved me this cycle too, I really don't know what i would've done without you guys. I never imagined I could get this much support on SDN, you guys are all the best!!
HOLD ON @cmo217 you got accepted too?!?! omg where the heck have I been and how did I not know this? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!?! CONGRATS!

HOLD ON @cmo217 you got accepted too?!?! omg where the heck have I been and how did I not know this? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!?! CONGRATS!
Omg I'm so sorry chocolate, I posted it in the other thread and forgot to post it here, I thought most of the originals from this thread made their way over there! I got accepted on Monday, I'm going to Cooper!!! I'm still in shock!!

And thank you!!!!!! I wouldn't have been able to do it without you and the others on this thread! <3