**Official 2021 Pedo PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R0d3y

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I couldn't find an official 2021 Pedo thread so here it is. I know it is early in the application process but I'm excited to see where we all go!

***UPDATE***
Now that the application deadline has come to a close. It's time to get updates on interview offers and the different times they are offering them. Good Luck!

Brookdale Hospital Medical Center (Email sent 10/16) Interview Date 11/12
Bronxcare Health System (phone call 10/30) date: virtual 11/30
Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital (Email sent 9/1) Dates 11/6, 11/9, 11/13
Case Western Reserve University (Email send 9/28, 10/1) Dates October 5, October 12 social one day prior (zoom)
Children's Hospital Boston (e-mail 11/01) virtual interview via zoom on 12/04
Children’s Hospital Pittsburgh (email 9/25) virtual interviews via Microsoft Teams oct 30, nov 16, dec 7
Children’s Hospital Colorado (email 10/6) social on Nov 1 with Interviews Nov 2
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (call 10/21) multiple dates for social and interview
Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (email 9/30) Date: 11/16 Via Zoom
Children’s National in DC (email 10/22), interviews TBD in either late NOV or early DEC
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital (phone 10/6) date: Nov 9
Columbia University (email 11/4) dates: 12/9, 12/16, 12/17
East Carolina University (email sent 9/24) virtual interviews oct 22, oct 29, nov 5
Geisinger Medical Center (email sent 9/29) virtual interviews Oct 16th or Oct 29th
Hennepin County Medical Center (email sent 9/3) Interview (via Zoom) 10/14, 10/28, 11/2
Indiana University (email 10/7) interview 11/13, 11/16 and a social TBD between those days
Interfaith Medical Center (email 10/13) Interview 12/3, 12/4 in person
Jacobi Medical Center (email 10/19) interview 11/16, 11/17
Loma Linda University (email 10/26) virtual interview 11/18
Louisiana State University - option of in person or virtual:) Email 10/8, interview 11/5 or 11/6.
Lurie Children’s Hospital (phone 10/8) interview 11/4 or 11/10
Montefiore (email 10/14) interview dates: 11 days from last week of October until dec 1st
Medical University of South Carolina (email 9/29) interview (via Zoom) 10/26 & 10/27 or 11/9 & 11/10 (first date is social)
Nemours/A.I. duPont Hospital for Children (email 10/5) virtual interview 10/26
Nova (email sent 9/24) oct 16th, 21, 23 zoom
NYU Langone- Brooklyn, NY (phone call 10/19) interview zoom 11/3, 11/4, 11/5/ 11/6
NYU Langone- Columbia, MO (email sent 10/06) Interview 10/16 via Zoom
NYU Langone- Tampa, FL (email sent 10/19) Interview November 9 via Zoom
NYU Langone--Yakima (email sent 9/21) Interview 10/7 via Zoom
NYU Langone--Hawaii(email sent 09/22) Interview 10/5/2020
NYU Langone - San Diego (email sent 10/8/2020)
NYU Langone--Tucson (phone call 10/7) Interview date to follow in email
New York University (email 10/6/2020) with interview choices of 10/28, 11/5 and 11/6.
Ohio State (phone call 10/5) virtual interviews 12/7 or 12/14 with social the night before
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (email 10/26) virtual interviews 11/16, 11/17, 11/23, and 11/24
Saint Louis University (email 10/28) virtual interviews 11/12 & 11/19
St. Barnabas (email 10/26) - virtual interview 11/23
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (email 10/22) first round of interviews will be written questions via email on October 26th
Stony Brook University (email 10/23) interview dates
Temple Univ. Hospital (email 10/20) Zoom interviews - multiple dates starting October 27th through December
Texas A&M (phone call 10/29), interviews 12/2 and 12/4
The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University. (phone call 9/17/20), virtual interview (zoom) October 17th
Tufts University (email sent 10/14) Virtual interview 11/4
University of Alabama at Birmingham (phone call 9/21) Virtual Interview 10/23, 11/20 (phone call 10/1)
University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine (email sent 10/15) Virtual Interviews 11/21, 12/12, 12/19
University of British Columbia, Canada (email sent 10/24, virtual interview 11/6)
University of California-San Francisco 3-Year (email 10/7) virtual interviews 11/3 or 11/10
University of Connecticut (UCONN) (email 11/4) virtual interviews 11/16, 11/23, 11/30, or 12/7
University of Florida - Gainesville (email 10/22) virtual interviews 11/11, 11/20, 11/23)
University of Illinois at Chicago (phone 10/7) virtual interviews 10/13, 10/20, 10/27
University of Iowa (phone 10/8) virtual interviews 11/7 & 11/8
University of Kentucky (email 10/12) virtual interviews 11/5 & 11/19
University of Louisville (email sent 09/18/20) dates 10/09, 10/16, 10/23 interview virtual Microsoft team
University of Michigan (email 10/13) virtual interviews 11/2, 11/3, 11/9, 11/10
University of Minnesota (email 9/28), various dates 10/19-11/23; group social event 12/14
University of Nebraska (email 10/5) virtual interviews in Nov (11/19 plus other dates?)
University of North Carolina (phone 10/1), interview: 9/30
University of Pennsylvania (email 10/16), interviews Nov 11-13
University of Rochester (phone call 9/21/2020). Dates: 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/2 (social event one day prior) via Zoom
University of Tennessee (email 10/26), interviews various dates
University of Toledo (email and phone call on 09/18/2020), Virtual Interviews will be in mid to late October (Dates are not mentioned yet)
UCLA(Interview Nov 5th and 6th)
UNLV (email sent 9/18) Dates: 10/12 and 10/13 via zoom
USC (email 10/22) Dates: 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/10
UT Houston (email 9/21) Dates: 10/22 and 10/23
UT SanAntonio ( phone call 9/28), interview dates to come in email soon
UT San Antonio-Laredo Campus (email 10/29) virtual interview 12/04
UW (phone call 10/5), interview dates to come in email soon
VCU (email 10/2) Dates: 10/27, 11/10, 12/1
Woodhull (email 11/5) Dates: 11/12, 11/19, 12/3
Yale New Haven Hospital (email 10/26), Interview Dates 11/18 and 12/02
Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Cohen Children's Medical Center (email 10/5), interviews 10/23 and 10/24

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
EB3A15F9-086A-4311-998F-F7F959C05D19.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. I’m a general dentist in the Midwest. I’ve been in private practice for 16 years and I’ve decided to sell my practice and specialize in pediatric dentistry. My goal is to focus on SHCN patients and ultimately end up working with underserved communities.

I’m lucky to have a family that supports me and is willing to move multiple times so I can go down this road. I’m super excited, and super terrified.

Ought to be an interesting year!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I’m a general dentist in the Midwest. I’ve been in private practice for 16 years and I’ve decided to sell my practice and specialize in pediatric dentistry. My goal is to focus on SHCN patients and ultimately end up working with underserved communities.

I’m lucky to have a family that supports me and is willing to move multiple times so I can go down this road. I’m super excited, and super terrified.

Ought to be an interesting year!

That is awesome! Good luck with this cycle!

That is awesome! Good luck with this cycle!

Thanks, you too! Maybe we’ll run into each other on the interview circuit. I’m super interested to see how interviews end up working this fall, with the SARS-COV-2 situation.

So excited to join everyone this cycle

This year is going to be different but exciting! Glad to see how it goes

Out of curiousity have any programs declared that they will be doing online interviews this year rather than face to face in light of the Covid-19 situation?

Hi everyone! I'm 2 years out of dental school, so I'm not really sure how schools/programs are currently proceeding during the pandemic. But does anyone know whether programs will be allowing observation/shadowing/visits in the upcoming months? I'm assuming that most aren't, but I wanted to see if anyone had any info. Thanks!

But does anyone know whether programs will be allowing observation/shadowing/visits in the upcoming months? I'm assuming that most aren't, but I wanted to see if anyone had any info. Thanks!

Some are switching over to a virtual "externship" during the summer. They are still working on it but that is the plan.

Out of curiousity have any programs declared that they will be doing online interviews this year rather than face to face in light of the Covid-19 situation?

NYU Langone announced on their website that all interviews for pediatric will be virtual.

Hi everyone! I'm 2 years out of dental school, so I'm not really sure how schools/programs are currently proceeding during the pandemic. But does anyone know whether programs will be allowing observation/shadowing/visits in the upcoming months? I'm assuming that most aren't, but I wanted to see if anyone had any info. Thanks!

I was all set up for an observership at UCSF in April and of course it was cancelled. I’ll reach out to the program coordinator and see if we have any chance of rescheduling it before interview season. I suspect not, but I’ll ask. At least I can list it under the covid section on the application.

I did manage to fit in an observership at UNMC in January.

A fair number of people will be in this boat this year. Observerships and externships have been pretty much shutdown. Any D4s with external clinic rotations (which for me, 16 years ago, were pedo heavy), missed those opportunities.

I honestly have no clue how programs will evaluate all that stuff this cycle. If anyone has a crystal ball, please share with the group!

Anyone applying to Wyckoff Heights Medical Center? They do not list their Pediatric residency only their GPR and Dental Anesthesiology residencies. I wanted to check the requirements but I can't seem to find it on their website. Has anyone had any luck?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was all set up for an observership at UCSF in April and of course it was cancelled. I’ll reach out to the program coordinator and see if we have any chance of rescheduling it before interview season. I suspect not, but I’ll ask. At least I can list it under the covid section on the application.

I did manage to fit in an observership at UNMC in January.

A fair number of people will be in this boat this year. Observerships and externships have been pretty much shutdown. Any D4s with external clinic rotations (which for me, 16 years ago, were pedo heavy), missed those opportunities.

I honestly have no clue how programs will evaluate all that stuff this cycle. If anyone has a crystal ball, please share with the group!

Ah, glad that you at least squeezed something in with UNMC! I feel for current dental students, they're losing out on a lot of clinical/externship opportunities. Virtual observations at programs would be interesting. We're in uncharted territories with this application cycle!

for the personal statement, are you including a header with your name, match number and title "personal statement"? or only submitting the text?

for the personal statement, are you including a header with your name, match number and title "personal statement"? or only submitting the text?

I included a header. I don’t know if this is the right thing to do but I did. I had my name, my PASS number and my Match number

When is a good time to submit your application?
Now, really. Some programs review them as they roll in, some wait until the deadline. But waiting won’t gain you anything. So best to get it over with.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there are any unfilled positions for post match 2020?

I included a header. I don’t know if this is the right thing to do but I did. I had my name, my PASS number and my Match number

Now, really. Some programs review them as they roll in, some wait until the deadline. But waiting won’t gain you anything. So best to get it over with.
Thank you, its just a matter of making myself. I am having some trouble though, some of the documents won't upload. Do you think the schools start looking at the applications as they are submitted or once the registrar post the semester's grades? I am thinking it won't be until July until transcripts are received.

I submitted just the text.

Thank you, its just a matter of making myself. I am having some trouble though, some of the documents won't upload. Do you think the schools start looking at the applications as they are submitted or once the registrar post the semester's grades? I am thinking it won't be until July until transcripts are received.

What documents won’t upload? I didn’t have any issues, but I converted all my documents to PDFs before I uploaded them.

As far as transcripts, I’m not sure. Mine have already been submitted but I graduated in 2004 so my grades were already done, lol.

Did anyone get contacted by Temple to send in the check? I cannot find the address to send in the stuff

Did anyone get contacted by Temple to send in the check? I cannot find the address to send in the stuff

Hey here's the address:

Please send supplemental fee to:

Pediatric Dental Associates

Attn: Colleen Montgomery

TUH- Pediatric Dental Residency Program

2301 E. Allegheny Ave, Suite 201

Philadelphia, PA 19134

Does anyone know the ideal GRE scores for pedo programs?

Hey here's the address:

Please send supplemental fee to:

Pediatric Dental Associates

Attn: Colleen Montgomery

TUH- Pediatric Dental Residency Program

2301 E. Allegheny Ave, Suite 201

Philadelphia, PA 19134
Thank you

I'm an international applicant so annoyingly some require it

Does anyone know where to send the 2x2 photo for St. Christopher?
Also I don't see any supplemental information for Woodhull, do we have to send in anything for them?

Baylor does, either ADAT or GRE.
I think they were asking for it last year, but then dropped the requirement. My friend took the GRE, then found out a week later the ADAT/GRE were no longer a requirement. The PASS program search says neither are required and I don’t see anything on their website. I’d double check on that for this year.

I know of several post grad residencies - not just peds - that were going to require the ADAT, but then dropped the requirement when they realized it was limiting their applicant pool. I took the ADAT because UCLA and UNLV were going to require it. Guess what? Both dropped the requirement. So it was a waste of my time and money. At least the ADAT is relevant to dentistry, unlike the GRE.

Big Hoss

Does anyone know where to send the photo and diploma copy for University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston?

Does anyone know where to send the 2x2 photo for St. Christopher?
Also I don't see any supplemental information for Woodhull, do we have to send in anything for them?

For St Christopher’s:

I emailed to ask and they wanted the photo via email to:
Karen Rutledge
[email protected]

Since Temple asks for the DAT scores, how did you submit your DAT scores to ADEA PASS? I'm not finding any explanation on the ADEA PASS help section regarding the DAT in regards to adding them to the application

Since Temple asks for the DAT scores, how did you submit your DAT scores to ADEA PASS? I'm not finding any explanation on the ADEA PASS help section regarding the DAT in regards to adding them to the application

I sent a screenshot of the score report. Im not sure if it needs to be an official copy $$$$

I sent a screenshot of the score report. Im not sure if it needs to be an official copy $$$$
I uploaded unofficial score report by scanning it that I had for my DAT and I uploaded it on the page where personal statements got uploaded.

I screenshot the score and upload it on the tab where you upload your personal statement

Is there any advantage to having more than 3 letters of recommendation?

Is it too late to apply if I apply in July?
Most programs have their deadlines set anywhere from beginning of August to October. I don’t think it’s too late, but you would need to submit by mid July for programs that have their deadline set in early August to allow PASS to send your application and all other materials to them

Hey everyone, is there a character/word limit for personal statements? I see that for each program you have to upload your personal statement under the program materials section, and there is nothing specific about maximum characters/words listed. Thought I would ask here to see if anyone had more insight?

Hey everyone, is there a character/word limit for personal statements? I see that for each program you have to upload your personal statement under the program materials section, and there is nothing specific about maximum characters/words listed. Thought I would ask here to see if anyone had more insight?
Hey, I am not sure where I have read it. I think it should be around 5400 characters, but it may be wrong.

For Nicklaus, can we send them a PDF of our DAT scores? Or do we need to submit a copy of our official ones from the ADEA site? I know this question has already somewhat been addressed, but Nicklaus seems picky. Lol

Applicants are asked to explain their desire to pursue an advanced placement program in the U.S. While this section is required for ADEA CAAPID, not all programs will use the personal statement in their decision-making process. Applicants should not make the essay program-specific as it will be provided to all programs through ADEA CAAPID. Personal statements may be a maximum of 5200 characters in length, including spaces, and cannot be edited after the initial submission of the ADEA CAAPID application.

SOURCE: Personal Statement