***Official ASDOH c/o 2020 Acceptence/Interviews!***

Congrats! Yes I've been waiting since about 9/03! Haha the wait is killer!
Congrats Boyd27! We're on the same boat :) but I think our chances are getting higher with that email. Its a great email to receive I was so scare to open mine initially.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Boyd27! We're on the same boat :) but I think our chances are getting higher with that email. Its a great email to receive I was so scare to open mine initially.
I know right! Haha I saw interview results and my heart about pounded out of my chest. I wonder how many they email about still being considered. I loved the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Still being considered email ! :D now the wait
Good Luck everyone ! You're going to do great if they call you in. Just be yourself, even if you stutter! Thats you! Don't be afraid!

I got this e-mail too but just thought it was something they sent to all who interviewed. Is that not the case?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got this e-mail too but just thought it was something they sent to all who interviewed. Is that not the case?
Not at all, they do send out rejections. Anyone they're still considering is someone they are interested in having as a student in the future. But of course there are many qualified applicants. Its a double filtration in the aftermath of the interviews. If they just feel you are not right for the school, they will send out rejection after your interview. There are a few who gets them.

Not at all, they do send out rejections. Anyone they're still considering is someone they are interested in having as a student in the future. But of course there are many qualified applicants. Its a double filtration in the aftermath of the interviews. If they just feel you are not right for the school, they will send out rejection after your interview. There are a few who gets them.
Do you know of many who have gotten rejected already?

Do you know of many who have gotten rejected already?

As of now I do not know anyone and I'm glad to hear that. But if you search in past years there are some that received that unfortunate letter.

I recently received an interview invite. I'm 8th batch

Could you please tell me your experience with the interview?
I had fun with it a lot. I felt they were really trying to get to know me as a person as oppose to western when they asked me questions in regards to how I am as a student. Two very different approach. Just be yourself, they will know if you're faking it or if you're just saying things you think they want to hear. It's open files, they've read everything about you and can scan through you as a person. Have fun with it, relax. I know its nerve wrecking but they're really just looking for the right students with the right heart to be at their school. I'm just thrilled I had that opportunity.

Still being considered email ! :D now the wait
Good Luck everyone ! You're going to do great if they call you in. Just be yourself, even if you stutter! Thats you! Don't be afraid!
They let you know if you're accepted or rejected after the interview? I mean like right away or before Dec 2?

I got an email a week after my interview that said still being considered. From what I know u either get that or the rejected email

They let you know if you're accepted or rejected after the interview? I mean like right away or before Dec 2?

not exactly acceptance, just a confirmation you're still in the running as opposed to being rejected, which also does happens as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone going to their interview tomorrow?

any advice on the interview? were there alot of non-dental related questions?

any advice on the interview? were there alot of non-dental related questions?

Yup! Questions about you and who you are. Just be yourself. They understand that you're not a dentist yet. They do not throw out random questions. Know what you said about yourself in ADEAADDSAS profile and be prepare to tell them who you are. Let your personality shine :)

Does anyone know which hotel to stay at a lowest rate? Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
Is there anyone having an interview on the 24th? Does anyone know which hotel to stay at a lowest rate? Thanks in advance !
La Quinta in mesa (60$ a night and a shuttle that takes you to the school and back to the hotel).

I stayed at windemere last night, it was 2 beds for 60$, breakfast and shuttle as well

Btw,would you recommend car or shuttle rental if I am landing at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport? and can you bring your luggage/carry-on to the campus on your interview day? Really appreciate if anyone could help me! Thanks

Btw,would you recommend car or shuttle rental if I am landing at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport? and can you bring your luggage/carry-on to the campus on your interview day? Really appreciate if anyone could help me! Thanks
Read the email they send, i believe at the end of that email they mention something about $70 shuttle service that take you to hotel, from hotel to school and from school to the airport right after the interview. Bring your luggage and everything to campus, they will tell you where to put them at :) good luck

Yeah I saw that, but I did not know which one would be more convenient to use for two nights since I am not sure if I need to use the car to go find a restaurant..Anyway, Thank you ! Good luck with your other interviews too!

Yeah I saw that, but I did not know which one would be more convenient to use for two nights since I am not sure if I need to use the car to go find a restaurant..Anyway, Thank you ! Good luck with your other interviews too!
You can leave baggage at hotel after you check out and just come by and pick it up afterward. They will hold it for you.

Good luck to all the interviewees!

Last edited:
What is the interview format guys? I read that they have MMI also. I'm freaking out

Congrats everyone!!
We're all in the waiting boat now!!

Does that mean we're in? Lol
I wish! It just means we are one step closer. not many have posted that they got rejected already after their interview. So either people aren't posting or they aren't rejecting many after their interview.

Hey guys,
Could anyone please let me know what is the interview format please please? Does it contain a manual dexterity test, mmi, and presentation? How hard is the mmi? I really appreciate if anyone could reply! Good luck to all

Hey guys,
Could anyone please let me know what is the interview format please please? Does it contain a manual dexterity test, mmi, and presentation? How hard is the mmi? I really appreciate if anyone could reply! Good luck to all

The MMI are just situation you would deal with in real life. If you've been exposed to working with people (which I assume everyone has at some point in their life), don't be too concern about it and just be yourself. There were no manual dexterity testing when I went. There is group work setting you participate in.

Hope that helps! Good luck

Anyone who went to the interview this week, did you receive an email from them today? Thanks

Last edited:
Anyone who went to the interview this week, did you receive an email from them today? Thanks
I went on Monday! Was told to receive an email on friday or monday! Haven't received anything on friday yet so waiting in anxiety for monday!!!!

4 more weeks guys!! Do you guys want to pass time by doing ice breakers?

Are any of you guys applying for the NHSC scholarship?

Still haven't received a rejection email or a still being considered one!!!! So anxious

4 more weeks guys!! Do you guys want to pass time by doing ice breakers?

Are any of you guys applying for the NHSC scholarship?
I'm applying for the HPSP. Won't hear back until January though. I know! 4 weeks from tomorrow! And watch out.... It'll come fast with Thanksgiving this month

Still haven't received a rejection email or a still being considered one!!!! So anxious
You still haven't? I interviewed on a Monday and got the email on Wednesday that I was still being considered.

Azra said they will send out the email on either Friday or coming up monday!

I recently received an interview invite. I'm 8th batch
Would you mind sharing how long it took from the time you submitted your secondary to the time you heard back? I submitted about a week ago... So late I know :unsure:

I'm applying for the HPSP. Won't hear back until January though. I know! 4 weeks from tomorrow! And watch out.... It'll come fast with Thanksgiving this month

I've thought of doing that myself, but after much research opted out on it. the benefits are great! But the idea of getting sent oversea is a bit scary for me. I know they said it's not likely, but they are recruiting and will lie to you. They do send you oversea , and it is a high chance. Will you be okay with that?

I've thought of doing that myself, but after much research opted out on it. the benefits are great! But the idea of getting sent oversea is a bit scary for me. I know they said it's not likely, but they are recruiting and will lie to you. They do send you oversea , and it is a high chance. Will you be okay with that?
Yea I will. It'll be an adventure for sure! But it'll be worth it. Where all have you interviewed if you don't mind me asking?

Would you mind sharing how long it took from the time you submitted your secondary to the time you heard back? I submitted about a week ago... So late I know :unsure:
I summited my secondary on 9/18 and got the interview invite on 9/30... Just received a interview result email also. Still being considered ;)

Yea I will. It'll be an adventure for sure! But it'll be worth it. Where all have you interviewed if you don't mind me asking?

I like your optimism and courage! I'm sure they will accomplish in making you become a super dentist thereafter. Are you planning on going for their AGED as well? Or just the 4 years?

From what I remember from last year, there were people who had their interview in February after waiting for interview call back since November. After they interviewed they were called an hour later saying they are accepted! I remember a now dental student at ASDOH talking about her drive home to LA one hour after her interview with a big smile the whole way home. It was an inspiring story. So don't lose hope. Long or short wait... The end is all that matters :)

Reactions: 2 users