*** Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Med. Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Today is supposedly the day! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone to hear good news in the next few days!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted on Friday 4/15, interviewed Feb 22nd. They said at the end of the email to "show interest if you want to remain on the waitlist." I think they really just want to weed out the people that are just using BU as a back up plan. I was accepted to a different school so will be removing myself off the waitlist.

Waitlisted on Friday 4/15, interviewed Feb 22nd. They said at the end of the email to "show interest if you want to remain on the waitlist." I think they really just want to weed out the people that are just using BU as a back up plan. I was accepted to a different school so will be removing myself off the waitlist.
Congratulations on your acceptance! Any idea as to why it took them so long to get back to you about a position for their waitlist? I interviewed after you and heard back much sooner.

Congratulations on your acceptance! Any idea as to why it took them so long to get back to you about a position for their waitlist? I interviewed after you and heard back much sooner.
I have no idea. For awhile I thought I was going to go to BU and was just waiting to get that acceptance. After 6 weeks of waiting I got in off a waitlist at another school. They kind of drug me along but its just something we have to deal with. Good luck on getting in!

Reactions: 1 user
i have heard that may is when a lot of movement happens on the wait lists has any one else heard the same.

I assume anytime past April 15th (the ADA minimum amount of time given to applicants to decide on a single school from multiple deposits) would result in movement. There hasn't been anything on here (obviously) about movement but I'm hoping that there will be a lot of it soon. Then again, there may have been movement that we don't see because those individuals don't post/belong to SDN. Either way, I hope to hear soon.

Are there any other HPSP recipients out there? Just trying to figure out when to do BOLC lol

Army HPSP
Boston University Henry M. Goldman
School of Dental Medicine

Are there any other HPSP recipients out there? Just trying to figure out when to do BOLC lol

Army HPSP
Boston University Henry M. Goldman
School of Dental Medicine

It's honestly probably easiest to contact someone in the BU offices (like the finance office) to see if they are allowed to get you in contact with someone who has gotten an Army HPSP scholarship previously. That way they could tell you their experiences and you could talk with the person who helped submit your paperwork to get you in contact with your career counselor.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone called to see if the waitlist has moved or if the class is full?:confused:

My brother will be dropping his spot this week. Good luck to those that are waiting.

Those accepted, which loans are you applying for?

I have the Federal direct loan which covers $47,000 and i'm filling out the Federal Direct PLUS loan to cover the rest. There are scholarships and grants i'll be applying for after the first year as long as you're in good academic standing. Going to try and keep my costs as low as possible especially with living. It makes me feel better about things when I really budget things out! Any others i'm missing?

I have the Federal direct loan which covers $47,000 and i'm filling out the Federal Direct PLUS loan to cover the rest. There are scholarships and grants i'll be applying for after the first year as long as you're in good academic standing. Going to try and keep my costs as low as possible especially with living. It makes me feel better about things when I really budget things out! Any others i'm missing?

How long after applying for the DL loan do you get a response? I'm also filling out the Plus loan form right now to pickup the slack of what the DL loan doesn't cover. How much are you asking for approx. in the PLUS loan? I heard around 100k is reasonable conisdering that you can return parts of it without interest. Cost of living is going to be hard to keep low at this city ...

How long after applying for the DL loan do you get a response? I'm also filling out the Plus loan form right now to pickup the slack of what the DL loan doesn't cover. How much are you asking for approx. in the PLUS loan? I heard around 100k is reasonable conisdering that you can return parts of it without interest. Cost of living is going to be hard to keep low at this city ...

You really gotta look, and find a roommate. I'm looking at places that are like $900 a month right now. Im not going to put 100k for the PLUS loan, that seems pretty high. You only need 69K from that loan, but I emailed SFS and she said just overestimate because of the 4% origination fee, so i'll probably put 80K. That means i'll lose 3K and still be around 77K and can just give back anything I don't use. Does that seem right?

has anyone called to see if the waitlist has moved or if the class is full?:confused:
I just called today about the wait list and some other things. They won't say anything about the wait list beyond that it doesn't have an order to it. Everyone on it is just reevaluated whenever a new spot opens up.

I'm withdrawing my spot! Good luck to those waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone not received a rejection letter

Withdrew my acceptance today. I hope one of you guys get it!

withdrew enrollment yesterday, hope a lucky someone gets pulled off the waitlist !

Or an estimate on our chances and size of the waitlist lol. Feel pretty lost, is there no more hope?

How many waitlisters are in this thread? I called last week and the person in charge of admissions was away. There's definitely at least 10 waitlisters here

For those who got waitlisted, did you guys had interviews in Post-December?

Sent from my SHV-E250K using SDN mobile

Has anyone on the wait list inquired if there has been movement or if there is any hope? I don't understand why admissions won't disclose such details.

Hi guys!

I just got an interview for the 2017 cycle at BU. I was wondering if anyone that currently goes there can give me any insight to how youre liking the school, curriculum, etc! I am super excited BU is my top choice!

Thanks in advance!