Official: Countdown until October 15th, 2006 Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
See y'all were complaining about all us TX folks getting interviews early. But now we have to wait til Nov. 15th :mad: for our state schools.

BTW, I endorse this thread :thumbup: I need another countdown thread to entertain me :laugh:

And that depends on how much the schools end up using the rolling admissions and how quickly the people who get the first offers decide to decline. Otherwise if people sit on their offers till December, the rolling admissions won't get around to the other applicants before match time.

Members don't see this ad.

great i don't even have any interviews yet.

I didn't know you were so thoughtful, you guys are counting down to my birthday eh? That's awesome!

No, but seriously, wouldn't that be the BEST birthday gift that I could get???? It could also make for a really bad birthday though too, so yea, I'm with you all in the countdown times two!

Members don't see this ad :)
Michigan told us that they were going to meet and make their decisions for our interview group today!!! You know what I've been thinking all day....can't wait for that Oct 15th! :scared:

sadly, the ony school I've interviewed at thus far (Wayne) gives out thier decisions on the 25th!!! that's 10 more days!

and my other interview on tap isn't til november... grr.

/it's lkinda like knowing the date of your execution

sadly, the ony school I've interviewed at thus far (Wayne) gives out thier decisions on the 25th!!! that's 10 more days!

and my other interview on tap isn't til november... grr.

/it's lkinda like knowing the date of your execution

Really the 25th eh? Who told you...I have an interview coming up with them...

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback about the this thread! I miss the old April MCAT Countdown and how it helped me to get through that horrendous wait. This one really could be the final countdown for many people who get their top choices right out of the gate. Good luck to everyone!

Oh, and by the way. I am currently posting this from my wife's delivery room at the hospital. We just had twins this morning! Mom and babies are doing great :) (although I have only had about 2 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours, so i'm dyin here :sleep: ). Yet I still could not resist checking SDN for news. TTYL

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback about the this thread! I miss the old April MCAT Countdown and how it helped me to get through that horrendous wait. This one really could be the final countdown for many people who get their top choices right out of the gate. Good luck to everyone!

Oh, and by the way. I am currently posting this from my wife's delivery room at the hospital. We just had twins this morning! Mom and babies are doing great :) (although I have only had about 2 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours, so i'm dyin here :sleep: ). Yet I still could not resist checking SDN for news. TTYL

CONGRATS. if you had a boy you should name him HUNTER, no kids will mess with him then!

Congratulations man. It's amazing how an online network can be pivotal to surviving this process. Good call starting this thread and, again, congratulations.

Awwww!! :clap: :clap:

Congrats!

(You must now put pics in your avatar!)

Someone buy that woman a steak! It's hard enough having one. Oh my, now you have to take care of two newborns. Oi, I will be praying for you :laugh: Congratulations!! Post us some baby pics ASAP, Dad!:love:

Congratulations!!! Mazel Tov!!!

The April MCAT 2006 countdown thread helped me enormously as well, and I don't feel the same love from the pre-allo forums.

Thanks for starting this up!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The 15th is a Sunday. Like it or not we won't hear until the 16th by email or later by snail mail. :mad: :(

NOT TRUE!!!!!!! As strange as this may seem, last year people on SDN were getting acceptances from places like UMich as soon as the clock striked 12 am on the 15th of October via EMAIL!!!!!

This is a strange strange process but be it as it may, it is very true that acceptances go out at the most random times not just on the weekdays.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :thumbup: Twins are fun. I have twin cousins who are now 11 and starting to have crushes and "boyfriends". And I remember when they were born. They used to have a secret language between the two of them which drove the rest of us crazy. But be warned, when one of them starts crying, it is almost guaranteed the other one will. Are they identical, fraternal, boys, girls?

I applied Early Decision at NJMS and I am officially INNNNNNNN!!!!!!! No waiting for me, just finishin up my master's program this year.

I applied Early Decision at NJMS and I am officially INNNNNNNN!!!!!!! No waiting for me, just finishin up my master's program this year.
Congrats! Come join us other NJMS/RWJ hopefuls in the "New Jersey Schools" thread :thumbup:

Really the 25th eh? Who told you...I have an interview coming up with them...

They give you a sheet with decision dates and tell you that's when they do it... no idea why they still wait. But it appears they're still scheduling interviews barely into october, given when one of my friends just got hers.

is this calling in earlier than oct 15th a common practice? I know i'm not applying to the "school" you all were referring to, but i think my interviewer was hinting that they would know if i was accepted by October 1st.. and that i could call in and check.

not sure if i heard him right tho... so if you happen to think you heard the same thing from one of the schools i interviewed at (MD APP) then let me know!

on a separate note, SIU's webpage says earliest acceptance is in november...

so i guess what i thought i heard i probably didn't. why would a school break the oct. 15th date, but then withhold that information for another 15 days.... i guess it was just hopeful thinking

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations!
we definitely need cute twin-baby-pics!

I'm hoping to find out Oct. 15 or 16, because I have an interview on the 19, but i need to fly out for it and I would end up missing 3 days of work. Although, the interview is in Florida, so it would be nice to just fly down and celebrate instead of going to the interview.

Yay for twins! hopefully they signify double the luck for you in the app process! :luck: :luck:

CONGRATS HAEMULON!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree with Ana and Pem though; you need a new, cuter avatar!

Congrats Haemulon! I just saw the big news! Hey, you and I definitely need to get together now, so that I can treat you to a well-deserved cold one! Taking care of the twins is going to be quite a handful, I'm sure, so you let me know when you need (and can take) a break!

WooHoo! Grats Haemulon!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats haemulon!!! that is awesome news! twins! :wow:
that deserves a double clap!! :clap: :clap:

YEAH! BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!

nutrigrain.jpg

Congrats!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :horns:

:thumbup: I'm definitely in favor of this thread...okay, until yesterday the idea made me slightly nauseous, but yesterday I had my first interview and I think it went fairly well (okay, one definitely went very well, the other...?)....so now an October 15th countdown thread inspires a bit of hope!

I definitely miss the MCAT countdown thread (although I certainly don't miss the MCAT countdown)--it was what got me hooked on SDN, all that companionship in suffering.

:love: CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!!! :love:

Thanks everyone! :) Will be coming home tomorrow, so i'll definitely have to load some pics. I must say that keeping busy with the diapers and feeding has helped to take my mind off of obsessively checking my gmail every 10 seconds. I still have not had additional invites, but am very hopeful about the one that I have had. :luck:

Danjo: Your the man. I can definitely use a cold one, and maybe a good cigar to boot. No doubt I will be PM-ing you soon ;) See ya!

Thanks everyone! :) Will be coming home tomorrow, so i'll definitely have to load some pics. I must say that keeping busy with the diapers and feeding has helped to take my mind off of obsessively checking my gmail every 10 seconds. I still have not had additional invites, but am very hopeful about the one that I have had. :luck:

Danjo: Your the man. I can definitely use a cold one, and maybe a good cigar to boot. No doubt I will be PM-ing you soon ;) See ya!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, the thread was off to a good start but guess it died off. I still have no news from my interview (yeh, I called ... but no decisions have been made yet). But Oct. 15th is only 19 days away. Unfortunately, no more interviews though (very dissapointing).

Wow, the thread was off to a good start but guess it died off. I still have no news from my interview (yeh, I called ... but no decisions have been made yet). But Oct. 15th is only 19 days away. Unfortunately, no more interviews though (very dissapointing).
They'll come. :) They just like taking their sweet time.

hey sorry for the late comment but CONGRATS ON THE BABIES HAEMULON! I was just at EVMS the other day and dude.. the school is amazing. i know why you love it so much now.

You called EVMS already? Hehe. Just think, though, when we call next week (hopefully) they'll have our decisions. Everyone who interviewed and was told they could call in 3 weeks (Or whatever time they told you) should pick a day next week to call. I'll take Wednesday.

Since my interview on Monday I am definitely counting down to the 15th. It would be so great to have an early acceptance.

Since my interview on Monday I am definitely counting down to the 15th. It would be so great to have an early acceptance.
awesome. congrats on all the new interviews. i am hoping for some love soon...sigh. at least i have the pitt interview to look forward to.

18 days!!!

Here's hoping for some good news... I may have to call in 'sick' on the 16th if I get an acceptance... I'll be floating so far above Cloud 9, I won't be able to do anything useful at work anyway...

You called EVMS already? Hehe. Just think, though, when we call next week (hopefully) they'll have our decisions. Everyone who interviewed and was told they could call in 3 weeks (Or whatever time they told you) should pick a day next week to call. I'll take Wednesday.

Someone should call this week.. :D I called them last week and they said they're having their first meeting sometime this week and that i should give a call back then.

Someone should call this week.. :D I called them last week and they said they're having their first meeting sometime this week and that i should give a call back then.

It appears as though Haemulon called them this week already. Since Seminole is calling next week, I can call the week after...:luck:

I think I'm calling on Monday. I had a bad dream I got rejected from EVMS and I'm hoping the phone call goes a little different than it did in my dream. I seriously am in love with that school.

For serious, rejection dreams are the WORST. Waking up mid-sob isn't exactly the right way to start off a day

The anticipation is killing me! Are we there yet?

It appears as though Haemulon called them this week already. Since Seminole is calling next week, I can call the week after...:luck:

Yeh, I couldn't resist calling any longer. :oops: So I tried my luck yesterday. I'll prob try again next Tuesday (they said to call back next week, so guess it can't hurt). It would be such a weight off to get an acceptance early like that (but then again, what a bummer to be waitlisted or rejected from them so early too ... but lets not think about that). If anyone calls Monday let us know! :luck:

awww. congrats!

I can't stand the waiting!!! Especially because the school I'm waiting from, Tufts, is my top choice!! If there are any ADCOMS from Tufts reading this, yea, I love your school. At work, everyone is asking me when I hear from them, and will I continue working when I get my answer. But isn't Oct 15 a Sunday? So the letters won't eb mailed out until Monday? I'm afraid to call just in case it's bad news. I'd rather read it in the comfort of my own home.

If I get a waitlist, I won't be soo disapointed, but I really really want to go. Although it seems like if I get in right away, it would be too easy, and my life just doesn't work like that.

I wonder when EVMS was meeting this week. Some who hasn't called should call tomorrow.

EVMS Phone List:
Thursday (9/28):
Friday (9/29):
Monday (10/2):
Tuesday (10/3):
Wednesday (10/4): SeminoleFan3
Thursday (10/5):
Friday (10/6):

I wonder when EVMS was meeting this week. Some who hasn't called should call tomorrow.

EVMS Phone List:
Thursday (9/28):
Friday (9/29):
Monday (10/2):
Tuesday (10/3): Haemulon
Wednesday (10/4): SeminoleFan3
Thursday (10/5):
Friday (10/6):