OFFICIAL "Haven't heard a word" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
KiKat37 said:
This is kinda depressing... I feel like the rejections are gonna start rolling in soon...

Here is my list:
NYMC
Tufts
BU
Connecticut
UMD
EVMS

Does anyone know if EVMS is done interviewing?

Gluck! :luck:

Hey -- how did your Dartmouth interview go? :luck: :D

Members don't see this ad.

Not a peep from:

Tufts
OHSU
Drexel
Temple
Columbia

Eight rejections, four interviews, and one waitlist later, I am starting to pull my hair out.

Hi everyone,

Just thought that I'd contribute my list of frustrations!

Rush
Loyola (on hold until Feb or so they tell me via phone)
NYMC (tried to withdraw, never got back to me whether they received my email)
Tufts
Jefferson
Temple
Penn State (still on hold...)
GW (still on hold...)

I really think that for all the money that we spend, we AT LEAST deserve a rejection letter :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting to hear from

Penn (An implicit rejection)
Yale
Hopkins (They lost my app for two months! Didn't get a complete e-mail until the last day of December, even though my MCAT was the last thing they need for my app)

also,

Tufts
Emory
and the University program at Case. (I declined from the College program)

But really, I'm just glad to be done with interviews.

There are alot of common schools on this thread that have given no word but Tufts seems to be the most elusive... probably because they send no rejections until March and won't give you anything more than that you are under review when you contact them. As for my list...

1) Loyola
2) GWU (hold like 3/4 of the american population)
3) RWJ (wish I had a penny for everytime I have contacted them)
4) Tufts
5) Jefferson
6)Temple
7)Uinv of Illinois (MD/PHD)

Ambs said:
Hey -- how did your Dartmouth interview go? :luck: :D

Hey Ambs, I PMed you. Didn't wanna take over the thread! ;)

Here are the schools I'm still "under review" for (pre-interview)... oooh, the agony...

NJMS
RWJ
Albany
NYMC
Drexel
Jefferson
Penn State
Temple

I'm DYING to at least get one interview from either of the Jersey schools! My home state... Can't they just throw me a bone??

I'm tryin to keep hope alive that at least one school on my list isn't just jerkin my chain with regard to being "under review" still... I guess I'm gonna go all out too and whip out some letters of interest like some of you have mentioned

Here's my list:

I applied very late (about a week or two before the dateline) since I took the august MCAT. My advice to those who didn't apply yet, take the april MCAT and apply EARLY!!!!!!!!!!! But never look down, keep your hopes up!!!! =)

Interview:
Oklahoma Feb 9th!

Pre-Interview Holds:
Albany
SUNY Buffalo - Will send out notice by end of Feb.
SUNY Upstate - Will send out notice by end of Feb.

No Words:
- Loyola
- Tufts
- GW
- Penn (most likely rejection)
- Albert Ein. (you can call and if they said they mailed u something = rejection, because they only send out invites via email)
- MSSM
- Wake Forest (call to see which pool you are in, if you are in 2nd or 3rd interview pool = 0 chance at this point)
- DMS (interview til April)
- Temple (in the process of reviewing)
- Drexel
- NYMed

jerseygirl said:
Here are the schools I'm still "under review" for (pre-interview)... oooh, the agony...

NJMS
RWJ
Albany
NYMC
Drexel
Jefferson
Penn State
Temple

I'm DYING to at least get one interview from either of the Jersey schools! My home state... Can't they just throw me a bone??

I'm tryin to keep hope alive that at least one school on my list isn't just jerkin my chain with regard to being "under review" still... I guess I'm gonna go all out too and whip out some letters of interest like some of you have mentioned

Ok I can officially take one school off my haven't heard a word list.... just got an interview invite from BU today... who woulda thought???

I can take GW off my list...invite received today!

Mistress S said:
I can take GW off my list...invite received today!

are they sending email or posting things at this point?

My apps were all complete between Nov and Dec, except UIC

Interviews
West Virginia
Georgetown
Ohio State
U CONN
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane
Loyola

Rejections
Chicago
Mcgill

Still Waiting and date complete
George Washington 10-Nov
Yale 15-Nov
Wake Forest1-Dec
Rush 6-Dec
Tufts 6-Dec
Illinois 12-Jan

newhavenjake said:
are they sending email or posting things at this point?

I got an e-mail

Members don't see this ad :)
boston rejected me in the most polite manner today.

rugirlie said:
Ok I can officially take one school off my haven't heard a word list.... just got an interview invite from BU today... who woulda thought???

i just got rejected the other day and im trying to figure out what's going on with my app; ive gotten invites to a few top schools, rejected from quite a few top schools and quite a few 'non-'top schools (if there is such a thing). Are your numbers pretty good (like 3.7+/32+) and/or are you research intensive? Just curious, thanks!

Penn State (on hold)
Ohio State (haven't heard anything since JULY)
Meharry
Temple
Michigan State :mad: :mad:
GW (on hold)
Wright State
Drexel
Cincinatti (why don't they just reject me, they're already full?)

Medical College of Wisconsin (said they wanted me to come in for an interview, said they would tell me what day later.....that was around thanksgiving)

I just thought I would update this damn list. :mad:

Penn State (continue to review)
Albany (hold)
NYMC (complete since Nov. 2)
Tufts (complete since Nov. 5)
Boston U (complete since Nov 15; I think they're done interviewing)
Maryland (complete since Dec 2)

Penn (can safely assume that I'm rejected)

Jefferson
Penn State
NYMC
Tufts
Upstate
Penn ---> rejection by what I've heard
Emory

This process really put your patience to the test.....blah :mad:

Here is my list that I have not heard from. I became complete late in cycle.:

Loyola
Creighton
SLU
MCW

Jefferson,
Tufts,
Albert Einstein,
NYMC,
Mount Sinai,
Hopkins,
St. Louis.

Waiting on SLU, Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggh!

I see that I am not the only one who has not heard from SLU and I feel the pain of each of you waiting on any school. I was complete at SLU on 11/17--I really didn't think that was "late", but apparently it was.

If you have a moment to read on, I could use some advice:
I have an acceptance at CCOM and a post-interview "acceptable candidate/hold" at Univ. of MO. I withdrew from all other schools. I live in St. Louis and have a home, family, and husband who just got a promotion. Do you guys think it would do any good to write a letter? It would be much easier to do so if I had something new and interesting to report post-secondary, but unfortunatley I don't. I withdrew from spring post-bacc classes and was preparing to move us to Chicago when hubby got the promo. Before then, I didn't mind so much not hearing from SLU. Now, we are desperate to stay here rather than split our household. Thanks for listening and wish me luck! :luck:

some schools are a trip.

bu rejected me, i was straight in terms of stats (3.6, 34) and i wrote them 2 letters of interest and also wrote the dean a couple of times.

i had 2 connections into the school and even researched in the area and spent some time volunteering at the hospital.

what the hell do they want?

shawty, I'm sorry for your frustration. Have you already been rejected or still waiting to hear? I sincerely hope it is the later and that you do eventually get in. Your profile sounds great and I would think BU would be very interested to interview you at the very least. No question about it, this
process sucks, but hold your head up. It's not over yet.

shawty ya'head said:
some schools are a trip.

bu rejected me, i was straight in terms of stats (3.6, 34) and i wrote them 2 letters of interest and also wrote the dean a couple of times.

i had 2 connections into the school and even researched in the area and spent some time volunteering at the hospital.

what the hell do they want?

I have a theory that a candidate might be TOO good for a school, thus the school rejects them cause they think he or she is using them as a safety school rather viewing the school as a top choice. Thus, rather than the school waiting for the inevitable withdrawal from said student, they make a preemptive strike in the form a rejection.

Any thoughts? Flame away!

Sam

Manifesting said:
shawty, I'm sorry for your frustration. Have you already been rejected or still waiting to hear? I sincerely hope it is the later and that you do eventually get in. Your profile sounds great and I would think BU would be very interested to interview you at the very least. No question about it, this
process sucks, but hold your head up. It's not over yet.

thanks man, i appreciate the good look. however, i have already been rejected, isn't that a trip? i really do think that a way to improve this process would be to make a standardized system on how to tell an applicant why they have been rejected. maybe a standard line or 2 on the rejection letter which points you in the right direction. because sometimes its just a puzzle.

sam dc,
i don't know about your theory man. i'm thinkin' that school that you're 'well qualified for' would accept you and leave it up to you to decide to go there or not. if you do, great, helps their profile. if you don't, no sweat to them except their 'selectivity percentage' goes down a little bit.

so i'm not sure. for instance, i was rejected post-interview from temple. also an eyebrow raiser for myself.

hopefully i'll end up somewhere. i haven't beeen accepted anywhere yet.

best of luck to you two.

-a

Thanks, Shawty. Good luck to you as well. Sorry I read your post about BU too fast and did not see that you had already heard. Absolutely did not want to rub salt in a wound. Sorry again. If you still have applications out there, you are still in the game. I really hope it works out--for all of us!!!

Manifesting said:
If you have a moment to read on, I could use some advice:
I have an acceptance at CCOM and a post-interview "acceptable candidate/hold" at Univ. of MO. I withdrew from all other schools. I live in St. Louis and have a home, family, and husband who just got a promotion. Do you guys think it would do any good to write a letter? It would be much easier to do so if I had something new and interesting to report post-secondary, but unfortunatley I don't. I withdrew from spring post-bacc classes and was preparing to move us to Chicago when hubby got the promo. Before then, I didn't mind so much not hearing from SLU. Now, we are desperate to stay here rather than split our household. Thanks for listening and wish me luck! :luck:

Have you already informed them that you have a husband to think about in the process? I think that would actually count for very much so if you haven't let them know then definately do so. And even if they do know, another letter of interest isn't going to hurt you. You could re-emphasize your interest in the school while conveying that you'd like to stay local for family reasons. Hope it works out!

Cammy,
I am so thankful for your response. You have shed new light on my situation! Even though I do not have new academic information to report, my family situation has changed since I applied and it is much more important now that we remain local. Now that I think about it this way, I'm certain that you are right and that my spouse's employment might be a factor that SLU (a Jesuit school,no less) would consider. A fresh perspective is just what I needed. Thank you! :love: :love: :love:

Manifesting said:
Cammy,
I am so thankful for your response. You have shed new light on my situation! Even though I do not have new academic information to report, my family situation has changed since I applied and it is much more important now that we remain local. Now that I think about it this way, I'm certain that you are right and that my spouse's employment might be a factor that SLU (a Jesuit school,no less) would consider. A fresh perspective is just what I needed. Thank you! :love: :love: :love:

No problem, glad I could help :) :) :)
Good luck! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I wrote SLU a letter expressing my desire to have an interview....hopefully that will produce desirable results.

Anyone heard from Tufts or NYMC ?

No word from:

Temple
UConn
Howard
NYMC
NJMS
Sinai

indo said:
I wrote SLU a letter expressing my desire to have an interview....hopefully that will produce desirable results.

Anyone heard from Tufts or NYMC ?

Got an interview offer from NYMC like 2 or 3 weeks ago, so they're still giving them out. Good luck!

So, my list hasn't changed...

Tufts (called today; still being reviewed. Whatever)
Cornell (called today; still being reviewed. Whatever X2)
Stanford (wtf? come on...do it now...you are here.)
Hopkins (not expecting anything at this point...)

That's all she wrote!

PS - is anyone watching Wife Swap? OH. MY. GOD.

Hi Cammy, Indo & others:
Well, I decided to go for it. I composed a very candid letter stating my strong interest in SLU and explaining my family situation. I ended up sending it via email with my CV last night. I had intended to print it out and send it more formally via postal mail, but Murphy's Law was working against me: we have four printers in this house and not a single one was operational yesterday. Grrrr! Oh well, at least they will have to drag my application out of the heap to file the new information. Thanks for listening and good luck to all of you!

I still haven't heard from BU, should I take that as a rejection? Anybody still not hear from them yet?

No news from Sinai or NYMC :scared:

Lesseeee.....

For me, haven't heard from:

Drexel
Loyola
Jefferson
NYMC
Penn State
Temple

Don't think that's a good sign

I heard from Yale finally on the 8th for an interview the 23rd. Thank goodness for non-rolling admissions! Best of luck to all!

Nothing from UMD (only one that I really care about at this point), comon, let me know alrdy, darn it :mad:

I'm still on the waitlist for:

GWU
Case

And haven't heard since Sept/Oct from:

NYMC
USC
NYU
Tufts
MSSM
Columbia
Albany
UCI

:scared:

Seems like a lot of people are waiting on the same schools. I'll add mine to the list....

Tufts
Temple
Drexel
Harvard (of course)

MSU--rejected a month of so ago pre-secondary :-(
Jefferson--finally rejected pre-interview a week or so ago

Complete at most schools in the fall. September/Mid-October.

Good luck to everybody!

i'm still waiting. anyone heard anything from the usual suspects?

Let me update my list as well. Some schools actually decided to reject me over the past few weeks... Still have not heard from:

- NYMC
- Tufts
- Maryland
- Albany (pre-interview hold)

:sleep:

I'm still waiting on:

Mt. Sinai ( :love: )
Tufts
NJMS
Morehouse
Howard
Temple

I'm going to keep praying and remain positive :)

What is it with MSSM anyway? They know we all love them but they are showing us no love in return. :( +pissed+

update:

no news for months from:

Colorado MD
Wisconsin MD
Vandy MD/PhD (supposedly done)
Duke MD

finally got my Michigan rejection

For those of you still on "hold" at Albany (like myself), it's probably time to give up. I called them today and found out that they have scheduled interviews into the first week of May.... Yes, May! Good thing I considered myself rejected as soon as I got the hold status. :D Anyhow, just thought I would share the info.

Still haven't heard from NYMC...did anyone else get a request to send their transcript including their fall 2004 grades?

Hopkins
Columbia
NYMC
NYU
UPenn
Tufts

However, I was VERY VERY bad and did not submit my apps for some until the application deadline (tossing $$hundreds$$ at them was tough!)

Good luck everyone! I got my first acceptance today (UMDNJ-RWJ)! :p

However, still waiting to hear back following my interviews at Cornell, BU (damn non-rolling process!), Einstein, NJ Med (8 wks. + 3 days bleck!). Penn State is Tuesday...I can't wait for chocolate! (For those not applying there it's in HERSHEY, PA)

Buenas suerte all! If you feel like you can't survive another minute of this--don't peace out just yet...this is what you've busted your ass for for a LONG time, it will end up paying off.