**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012-2013**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite from Tufts... and to my surprise, an interview invite at Baylor.... OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I'm stunned. Pitts invite.

UMDNJ rejection. Baylor rejection. Turned down UDM invite.

UMDNJ rejection. BUT got both a Pittsburgh and Tufts invite. :)

Just got offered admission at UCLA via phone call.

Baylor rejection (sad) and Western rejection.

Rejection count: 16?

Congrats on your interviews esp at Pitts and Tufts! If you don't mind me asking what batch are you guys in? I guess I have a red flag coz of my RC < 17 :(

I was in 9th and got both invites today, will be declining them though. Goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
School: USC
Notification date: 1/11/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: Louisiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/26/12
Application complete date: 9/30/12
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.92; oGPA: 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/22/18/16 for QR

ASDOH Acceptance...to those who don't get in this cycle...never give up on your dreams...and apply early and broadly...good luck to everyone!

Turned down (cancelled) Temple interview invite.

My husband applied to 23 dental schools and I think we only have about 9 still in the running. He has not had any interview invites and I was starting to wonder if there is any hope of getting accepted this year? His GPA was 3.08 I think and he had a 17 or 18 on the DAT. What do you think his odds are? Thanks

Acceptance into San Antonio today!!! Email at 1:37 PM.

sGPA: 3.16 (3.20 as of end of Fall 2012) and oGPA: 3.38 (3.41 as of end of Fall 2012).
DAT AA 19 TS 19
1st round acceptances: Baylor

4 rejections by December (Buffalo, WVU, Georgia, OSU, Utah) and 9 no response--- I wanna cry so bad.... :( Should I give up by now and start looking into masters programs?

4 rejections by December (Buffalo, WVU, Georgia, OSU, Utah) and 9 no response--- I wanna cry so bad.... :( Should I give up by now and start looking into masters programs?

Feel the same. Gotten rejected for about 10 schools now and waiting to hear back from 2 I've interviewed from.

Keep your head up, you're pursuing an amazing degree and working hard. If youd list your stats and major we could point you in the direction of where to go from here. Don't make any rash decision. Rmr "slow and steady wins the race"

what are your stats/ECs?

DAT overall 20 (RC 19 BIO 19 Chem 21, OChem 23, PAT22, QR 21)... GPA's not good. Did one year of informal post back at NYU n had a 3.5 but not enough to pull my overall gpa up by much. Hopeless and chance-less much?

My husband applied to 23 dental schools and I think we only have about 9 still in the running. He has not had any interview invites and I was starting to wonder if there is any hope of getting accepted this year? His GPA was 3.08 I think and he had a 17 or 18 on the DAT. What do you think his odds are? Thanks

Unfortunately your husbands stats are not competitive and I highly doubt he will receive any interviews this cycle. Both his GPA and DAT score are low. First he needs to study hard and retake his DAT and make sure to get at least a 20. Also he needs to apply to a post-back program and raise his GPA significantly. Im sorry if I seem harsh but it has become extremely competitive to get into dental school so unless your husband improves his stats I dont see much chance of him getting accepted.

Interview invite from Tufts but I will be declining! Received first rejection from UMDNJ.

Congrats on your interviews esp at Pitts and Tufts! If you don't mind me asking what batch are you guys in? I guess I have a red flag coz of my RC < 17 :(

Just got invited to Pitt as well I have 15 rc so i'm not sure why yours would be an issue unless it's lower than mine. I'm declining mine though so hope that will open up one more spot for someone!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

First post, sorry if I'm doing it wrong!

School: The 3 Texas schools (still deciding where to go...)
Notification date: December and January (interviewed at all 3 in October, was invited for interviews in August and September)
Method of notification: via e-mail for interviews and acceptances
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: Only TMDSAS, 6/22
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.04/3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/19/26

Bascially I joined to post because yay acceptance and if someone who is feeling down sees this (me, with my below average GPA and average-ish DAT for Texas schools) and maintains hope then I'm happy!

Full disclosure for a little more context: I only applied to the 3 TX schools, I go to a major university in TX (B.S. Biology), I'm 22, work 20+ hours a week, 100s of hours of community service and shadowing, and 60+ hours of bio coursework with As/Bs. However, I took physics at a CC, made Cs in ochem and biochem, and failed calc on my first time... I was told by my advisor to not even bother to apply with my 3.04 science GPA.

Sorry if this was the wrong place for this but basically yay I got accepted to all the schools I applied at and if you're still waiting or if you're thinking about not applying/reapplyiing never let anyone tell you that it won't happen for you!!

First post, sorry if I'm doing it wrong!

School: The 3 Texas schools (still deciding where to go...)
Notification date: December and January (interviewed at all 3 in October, was invited for interviews in August and September)
Method of notification: via e-mail for interviews and acceptances
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: Only TMDSAS, 6/22
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.04/3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/19/26

Bascially I joined to post because yay acceptance and if someone who is feeling down sees this (me, with my below average GPA and average-ish DAT for Texas schools) and maintains hope then I'm happy!

Full disclosure for a little more context: I only applied to the 3 TX schools, I go to a major university in TX (B.S. Biology), I'm 22, work 20+ hours a week, 100s of hours of community service and shadowing, and 60+ hours of bio coursework with As/Bs. However, I took physics at a CC, made Cs in ochem and biochem, and failed calc on my first time... I was told by my advisor to not even bother to apply with my 3.04 science GPA.

Sorry if this was the wrong place for this but basically yay I got accepted to all the schools I applied at and if you're still waiting or if you're thinking about not applying/reapplyiing never let anyone tell you that it won't happen for you!!

Congrats on getting into 100% of the schools you applied to!!! :)

Hi There - I'm in the same boat in regards to wondering if I'm still in the running... I have applied to 5 schools in the US, so far just 1 rejection from Kentucky, but no interviews. I submitted my application mid-Aug, and re-took my DAT in Oct.

My stats are:
GPA (science, overall): 3.67/3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/20/22/none
ECs: 2000 hours of Division 1 soccer (anyone know if Admissions really cares about this?)
100 hours shadowing, 100+ hours research

Any feedback on where you think I stand would be greatly appreciated!

I got my third acceptance this morning to Marquette. One of my top choices!!

Hi There - I'm in the same boat in regards to wondering if I'm still in the running... I have applied to 5 schools in the US, so far just 1 rejection from Kentucky, but no interviews. I submitted my application mid-Aug, and re-took my DAT in Oct.

My stats are:
ECs: 2000 hours of Division 1 soccer (anyone know if Admissions really cares about this?)

DAT is low. Aim for a 20. If you don't get in this cycle, I recommend volunteering in a hospital dental department.

Interview for alternate position at Indiana. Will be declining.

My stats are:

Your stats look on par with a good number of interviewed SDN applicants. I bet if you apply early June and to more than 5 schools next cycle, you'll hear from somewhere. (ADEA guide is a good resource when selecting schools.. If you don't have it already :) ). Best of luck, friend!

FIRST INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!!!

School: Tufts
Notification date: 1/18/13
Residency: Oregon
Application complete date: 9/31/12
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.31; oGPA: 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/23/none

Your stats look on par with a good number of interviewed SDN applicants. I bet if you apply early June and to more than 5 schools next cycle, you'll hear from somewhere. (ADEA guide is a good resource when selecting schools.. If you don't have it already :) ). Best of luck, friend!
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! Good luck to you too (or congrats if you've already been accepted).

congratz. Looks like I might not have to read your revision if you get accepted ;-)

Indiana interview yesterday for alternate only. Will probably be declining.

Temple interview today.

AHHH!!! Congratulations!!!! You totally deserve it!!

Reactions: 1 user