**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012-2013**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ASDOH acceptance via phone

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at UF yesterday :love::eek::soexcited::claps::banana::biglove:

CONGRATS wcombs!!!! I have been following your story since you applied, and I'm so happy you got in this cycle!!! :thumbup:

You are one hell of an inspiration.

Yesterday, I received a rejection letter from UMB and I was interviewed back in 11/27/2012. It is my ashamed state school. Prior to the rejection letter, I sent a very polite email to Dr. Meehan and she never responded. I also called the admission office, and they were not helpful. I think this school is very inconsiderate. I was already accepted to many schools by 12/2/2012. I am glad that I accepted an offer to the UPenn. I am sure that UMB is horrible school if they treat the applicant like that. Imagine, you are attending there and how helpful faculty would be.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I received a rejection letter from UMB and I was interviewed back in 11/27/2012. It is my ashamed state school. Prior to the rejection letter, I sent a very polite email to Dr. Meehan and she never responded. I also called the admission office, and they were not helpful. I think this school is very inconsiderate. I was already accepted to many schools by 12/2/2012. I am glad that I accepted an offer to the UPenn. I am sure that UMB is horrible school if they treat the applicant like that. Imagine, you are attending there and how helpful faculty would be.

I think every school I was rejected from sucks too! Especially my state schools, those b holes didn't even offer me an interview!

First of all, you interviewed a couple days before December 3rd, I hope you didn't expect to hear back about your status 6 days later. Also, you can't expect a school to drop everything they are doing to respond to every "polite email." I think people feel entitled during this whole application process... Some schools have thousands of applicants for a few seats. If you came into the application cycle expecting schools to bend over backwards for you, you are entering the wrong profession. Lastly, I am sure UMB is a GREAT school, and I would choose it simply for the cheap in-state tuition over the 1/2-million you'll be shelling out at UPenn.

It was not nice. I am deleting my post. I was having a bad day.

Last edited:
It was not nice. I am deleting my post.

Last edited:
Were you rejected from Upenn? Oh, I am sorry. You could not apply there.

I don't understand what you wrote. Was this an attempt to be mean?

UPenn is a great school. We all know that. I'm sure you'll receive an amazing education there, I just think it is on the expensive side.

And I don't know if I would have been accepted to UPenn, had I applied. But, considering http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=992010 I don't think it was out of reach.

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't wanna be in ywatson's class.we wouldn't get along.

glad upenn rejected me

Accepted to Roseman and OHSU within the last few days

First two interviews

School: LECOM
Notification Date: 9/4/2013
Method of Notification: E Mail
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013

School: Marquette
Notification Date: 9/10/2013
Method of Notification: E Mail
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013

GPA: 3.49o/ 3.45s
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Any below 17): 19/18/21/20/none

Accepted: LECOM

Rejected: Detroit Mercy :(

Waiting list: UNE

No response yet from: UM and Midwestern-AZ

stats: AA(22) TA(20) GPA: 3.2 OOS
It's over!! I'm still screaming AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

First one!!! Surprised I got one without my letters in. Good luck!!

School: Case
Notification date: 7/10
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: First batch but missing letters
Application complete date: my letters are in and will be mailed out on Friday 7/13
GPA: 3.77 sci, 3.75 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/21/22/none below 17
Congrats. Proud of you! All the best lucks for yoU!

Rejected!
Michigan, Case Western, Louisville & Harvard

Does anyone know what the deadline is to decide between multiple schools you paid deposit to?

what would be my chances for this upcoming cycle ? I'm a little worried because of my GPA ;/
GPA: 3.47
AA:20
RC:21
Orgo: 21
G chem: 21
Bio: 23
PAT: 20
QR: 16

what would be my chances for this upcoming cycle ? I'm a little worried because of my GPA ;/

I say you have a good chance based on your DAT scores. You're GPA is the average or slightly below average of most programs but your DAT is strong. :thumbup:

I have almost the same DAT scores, and slightly lower than your GPA

I received 6 interviews, 3 acceptances

You know there are some other factors like research, experience, community service, and most importantly personal statement (which I think I have put much efforts in to cover up my GPA)

If you can build an "attractive" application, I would say you have a good chance to get in!

I have almost the same DAT scores, and slightly lower than your GPA

I received 6 interviews, 3 acceptances

You know there are some other factors like research, experience, community service, and most importantly personal statement (which I think I have put much efforts in to cover up my GPA)

If you can build an "attractive" application, I would say you have a good chance to get in!
Thanks for your reply!! I started working on my application….soooo stressful….ehhehe….but excited at the same time :)

I say you have a good chance based on your DAT scores. You're GPA is the average or slightly below average of most programs but your DAT is strong. :thumbup:
Thanks for your answer. Let's see how this goes…I'm nervous about the whole application process :/

easy advice to all those with below a 30DAT and 4.0GPA. apply early and submit app early. and your chances will be nice. good luck to all. I'm sure everyone will do great!

Reactions: 1 users