**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Going? I really liked that school.

Nah. Even though I'd be faster to audition them than roseman, there's only one school that could make me reconsider my commitment at this point.

Where are you at with your decision? PM if you prefer.

Nah. Even though I'd be faster to audition them than roseman, there's only one school that could make me reconsider my commitment at this point.

Just curious but what school would make you reconsider UMich?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I'm curious too, I know you have multiple spots. Have you decided yet where you gonna go? GL deciding!!

This morning I had it narrowed down to three schools VCU, Pitt, and Columbia. Then Temple acceptance came. I am 98% sure I'll be going to Temple.

Reactions: 6 users
University at Buffalo rejection e-mail came in today. Without Interview.

Last edited:
This morning I had it narrowed down to three schools VCU, Pitt, and Columbia. Then Temple acceptance came. I am 98% sure I'll be going to Temple.
Congrats dude!! I absolutely loved my interview at Temple, it was very hard for me to decline their offer but I got accepted to my state school. I'm sure you are gonna love it there! Best of luck!

That's great news, you deserve it!

Just curious but what school would make you reconsider UMich?

VCU, brotha

Awesome. I figured they would come around at some point. It's probably the most ideal situation for a man of your familial situation.

In other news I decided to get a little proactive and phoned ms tweedy this morning to stir the pot a bit.

Rejected from UT San Antonio.
OOS
Rejected w/o interview
Notified via email
Notification date: 2/18/14

Members don't see this ad :)
Seconds later....
Rejected from Uni of Washington.
OOS
Rejected w/o interview
Notified via email

I got these two rejection emails like 1 minute apart

Seconds later....
Rejected from Uni of Washington.
OOS
Rejected w/o interview
Notified via email

I got these two rejection emails like 1 minute apart

Damm that's harsh.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected from Washington, OOS applicant. Seriously the nicest rejection email ever.

"I regret that we are not able to offer you an interview at the University of Washington School of Dentistry during the 2013-2014 application cycle. Each year we receive around one thousand applications for only 63 positions in the class. Thus, we are only able to interview a small percentage of those who apply. As a state-supported institution, our predoctoral program prioritizes Washington state residents. This year we had a particularly large number of qualified Washington residents apply to the program. Therefore, we made very few invitations to out of state residents. I hope that the decision not to offer you an interview will not discourage you from consideration of the University of Washington for any future training you might pursue."

Mass email rejection.
I mis-worded the question... both people received their respective decline notices a minute apart from two different schools. Are the email rejections from San Antonio and Washington part of the same system?

Did they send you a refund check? :p
Unfortunately, no (I wish!), but it's my fault for not doing my research well enough when applying there. c: I didn't realize quite how much a long shot it was until after I'd written the cheque!

I mis-worded the question... both people received their respective decline notices a minute apart from two different schools. Are the email rejections from San Antonio and Washington part of the same system?
Remember that most schools use the WebAdmit system provided by AADSAS. Maybe the system updated and all the emails from the schools on the queue got sent at the same time.

Remember that most schools use the WebAdmit system provided by AADSAS. Maybe the system updated and all the emails from the schools on the queue got sent at the same time.
The San Antonio email was sent from @uthscsa.edu and the Washington one was from @webadmit.org

In any case, it may have been pure coincidence

Just got an interview invite to USC!!!!!!!!! Whoop!

Interview Invite #2!! So EXCITED!!
School: USC
Notification date: 2/20/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: second batch
Application complete date: not sure
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/19/19…nothing below 17

19/18/21/23
3.1 overall, 3.4 science

invite #5 UNLV, it's not over people!

Got into my first school yesterday!
School: UOP
GPA:
Undergrad: 2.9
Graduate: 3.8
DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17)
First time: 20/19/23/21/no
Second time: 21/23/21/20/no

6 long years from undegrad to masters, finally in!

Reactions: 24 users
Rejection from Louisville - No Interview

School: Louisville
Notification date: 2/24/14
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5/13
Application complete date: 7/5/13
GPA (science, overall): 4.01, 4.07
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/17/21/none

Denied at Louisville, no interview.

Interview at Midwestern-IL, but turned it down

Also got the rejection from Louisville without the interview. Their mass email is borderline offensive especially when they underlined "we encourage you to apply early", I don't think I could be earlier than 1st batch.

Reactions: 4 users
Also rejected from Louisville via mass email. Also first batch.

I haven't had an interview at Louisville either nor did I get the rejection email. Did any of you guys get the "you are being highly considered for an interview" email in December though? That's all I've heard from them

I haven't had an interview at Louisville either nor did I get the rejection email. Did any of you guys get the "you are being highly considered for an interview" email in December though? That's all I've heard from them

I got rejected without interview. I got the highly considered e-mail too.

Last edited:
Officially rejected from Iowa from the deferred list. OOS and without interview.

Also just checked my aadsas, and noticed a rejection from Columbia as well...

Rejection...my number one choice :(

School: University at Buffalo
Notification date: 25/02/2014
Residency: Canada (Ontario)
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/09/2013
Application complete date: 09/19/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.42, 3.41 (3.95 postbac)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/19/20/none

Rejected from Columbia without an interview via AADSAS.....stats just a few posts up.