**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could I ask when you found out that you were rejected but considered to be an alternate for Creighton? I called there about 2 weeks ago because I haven't heard anything from them and all they said was that I was, "still in the running" and wouldn't give me a timeline of any other decisions that would be made soon.
On February 13th, they said their class was full and had been since December 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

3rd acceptance
University at Buffalo!!!!!
Woohoo!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you accept the offer and how were you informed?
I recieved a call today. I'm waiting for the acceptance packet:) I haven't decided yet tho. It really depends on my family situation

I recieved a call today. I'm waiting for the acceptance packet:) I haven't decided yet tho. It really depends on my family situation
I am hoping to get off the waitlist too! Good luck with your decision and congrats! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance #2! Just got off the wait list at MWU, AZ!

Reactions: 6 users
Is there any hope for positive news from any schools if you haven't heard a thing at this point?

Is there any hope for positive news from any schools if you haven't heard a thing at this point?
as in, not even an interview invite? I think most, if not all, schools are done with interviews at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are 5 schools i haven't heard anything from, still no rejection and no update online, no interviews for them or anything. And from my understanding to get on a waitlist you have to interview correct?

There are 5 schools i haven't heard anything from, still no rejection and no update online, no interviews for them or anything. And from my understanding to get on a waitlist you have to interview correct?
Yes. If you haven't gotten an interview invite by now, I think it's safe to say you've been rejected from those schools. Seems like some schools don't bother to send you a rejection letter.

Just got a rejection email no interview from lecom. Whateve, kinda figured being its freaking April.

They usually waitlist after you have interviewed with them unless they specifically send an email stating your waitlisted for an interview.

Rejected w/ no interview: Western, UCSF

No word: UOP, USC, MWU-Arizona.

Interviews:
Colorado - accepted on Feb 5
Case - accepted on March 12
UCLA - accepted on March 4
UNLV- no word

My stats:
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: October 18
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/19/no

2nd Acceptance off of the Waitlist!

School: Western
Notification date: 04/16
Method of notification: call/email/portal
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/14
Application complete date: 07/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.4, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21

Reactions: 3 users
1st acceptance off the waitlist !

UDM
notified by phone on April 17th
Interviewed on Dec 12th
applied July 2013

Reactions: 14 users
Quick question, if you are accepted in April do you matriculate into dental school during the Fall of this year or do you matriculate next year? Sorry for the dumb question just not sure how the process works

Quick question, if you are accepted in April do you matriculate into dental school during the Fall of this year or do you matriculate next year? Sorry for the dumb question just not sure how the process works

This year.

This current cycle for Summer/Fall 2014 entrance opened June 2013 and will end ~August/September 2014 when the last school finalizes their class.

Next cycle will open June 2014 for Summer/Fall 2015 entrance.

got an email from temple today saying that class is full and no further action will be taken on my application. I'd have to reapply to be considered..

such a nice rejection letter...

got an email from temple today saying that class is full and no further action will be taken on my application. I'd have to reapply to be considered..

such a nice rejection letter...

@AVB2104 Same here. Thank God I got acceptances elsewhere but that was a cold letter of rejection :eek:

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected from Temple as well. VCU sent their rejection in about 5 minutes later.

Yah @AVB2104 I got it at the same time too. Who knew, that to be considered again, you'd have to RE-APPLY. Glad they cleared that up. Expected nothing less.

3rd acceptance!

School: USC
Notification date: 04/22
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/14
Application complete date: 07/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.4, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21
my dad really wants me to go lol and is willing to subsidize cost of living for such an expensive school

Reactions: 1 users
3rd acceptance USC! Fight On!

1st acceptance! LECOM!

What a stressful year lol. Good luck to those still waiting.

Reactions: 12 users
STILL WAITING TO RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW FROM CASE. I can only assuming since it's May and I've yet to hear a rejection, I must have an interview coming up some time soon! :shifty:

Reactions: 5 users
STILL WAITING TO RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW FROM CASE. I can only assuming since it's May and I've yet to hear a rejection, I must have an interview coming up some time soon! :shifty:

Same for me @ BU!! Hope they call me be for plane tickets spike for memorial day weekend/summer kick off

14 rejections doesn't feel too bad after you have acceptance somewhere !! hehe
Today is the last day to print out ADEA AADSAS 2014!! I already printed out for future memories :)

14 rejections doesn't feel too bad after you have acceptance somewhere !! hehe
Today is the last day to print out ADEA AADSAS 2014!! I already printed out for future memories :)

I'm just glad I don't have to reapply or do masters, with no guarantee.

Has anyone NOT heard anything from NYU and mwuaz since submitting their app??

I won't be attending those two schools but just curious...

So, are we going to get a rejection letter from all of the ones we didn't hear from?

July update: Also ended up with offers at Detroit Mercy, UNLV, and NYU. Loved UDM, but chose UNLV due to price and proximity from home.

------------

Hey all, I've updated several times in this thread already. Here's the last one. Offered a seat at LECOM this morning! After all the waiting, I was starting to think, with my atrocious GPA, that it just wasn't meant to be. My stats copied and pasted below.

Had a 2.4 oGPA out of undergrad. Two years of post-bac at 3.9 only brought me up to 2.9. Science ended up at 3.2.

AADSAS mail-out date: 09/09/13
GPA (science, overall, post-bac): 3.2, 2.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none

I was advised to apply to as many schools as I could. The rejections are many. My mail-out was also a bit late. Combining that with my low undergrad GPA probably eliminated me from contention in the first wave. But I'm hoping that my non-traditional path plus my record since then will catch the eye of committees during the second pass. I only got one pre-Dec interview (Rutgers). NYU was in Dec. All the rest were Jan and later.

Accepted:
LECOM

Waitlisted:
Rutgers, NYU, UDM, USC, UNLV, Roseman

Rejections (some were complete long shots):
Laundry list of 30 something schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
UOP rejection......Figured this was a long time coming but finally got the email to make it official.

Rejected by Southern Illinois via mobile portal. No email, or letter or anything.

Hey all, I've updated several times in this thread already. Here's the last one. Offered a seat at LECOM this morning! After all the waiting, I was starting to think, with my atrocious GPA, that it just wasn't meant to be. My stats copied and pasted below.

AADSAS mail-out date: 09/09/13
GPA (science, overall, post-bac): 3.2, 2.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none

I was advised to apply to as many schools as I could. The rejections are many. My mail-out was also a bit late. Combining that with my 2.5 undergrad GPA probably eliminated me from contention in the first wave. But I'm hoping that my non-traditional path plus my record since then will catch the eye of committees during the second pass. I only got one pre-Dec interview (Rutgers). NYU was in Dec. All the rest were Jan and later.

Waitlisted:
Rutgers, NYU, UDM, USC, UNLV, LECOM, Roseman

Rejections (some were complete long shots):
Laundry list of 30 something schools.
Keep your head up, rootin for ya :luck: