**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven't posted yet so here goes..

Interviews: Columbia 9/12, Western 10/4, USC 11/12, Pitt 1/26
Waitlisted: Columbia 1/14
Accepted: None :(
Rejected: UCSF 9/29

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 6/20/14
sGPA: 4.06 or 3.96
oGPA: 3.99 or 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/23/20/none

If these are your stats... and you haven't been accepted to those places yet... I'm worried for myself :O
May I ask what your extracurriculars are and volunteering experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

If these are your stats... and you haven't been accepted to those places yet... I'm worried for myself :O

I am also worried about myself too.

I had interviews at NYU and Western but I have only heard that they put me on the waitlist at NYU.

I would like to know what my chances are but I am clueless as there is no ranking on the waitlist.

Last edited:
Haven't posted yet so here goes..

Interviews: Columbia 9/12, Western 10/4, USC 11/12, Pitt 1/26
Waitlisted: Columbia 1/14
Accepted: None :(
Rejected: UCSF 9/29

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 6/20/14
sGPA: 4.06 or 3.96
oGPA: 3.99 or 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/23/20/none

Hey do you mind sharing what your EC's were, shadowing, volunteering hours, etc. I'm really surprised to see someone with your stats to not have any acceptances yet...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied late August to: VCU, NYU, Maryland, Boston, Temple, Louisville, Tufts, and Creighton. Haven't heard ANYTHING from any schools :-( Should I be worried? Or would they have rejected me by now if they weren't considering me? Help...
I am not sure about the other schools, but I called Creighton back in late January and the lady said the class was full. They finished interviewing prior to Dec. 1st. Good luck to you!

Just scheduled my interview and booked my flight for NYU! I'll be there March 16th aaaaand I CAN'T WAIT!!

Reactions: 12 users
Just scheduled my interview and booked my flight for NYU! I'll be there March 16th aaaaand I CAN'T WAIT!!
Dang you're getting interviews everywhere! Good work.

Reactions: 1 users
Dang you're getting interviews everywhere! Good work.

Thanks! That's number 5 for me now. Definitely was not expecting this many. Very grateful.

Thanks! That's number 5 for me now. Definitely was not expecting this many. Very grateful.

Wow, congrats StumpMT! I've new to SDN, but I have seen your username all over the place! With all those interviews, have you heard back from anywhere yet? Wishing you the best of luck at your NYU interview.

Wow, congrats StumpMT! I've new to SDN, but I have seen your username all over the place! With all those interviews, have you heard back from anywhere yet? Wishing you the best of luck at your NYU interview.

Thanks!! I was rejected at LECOM, wait listed at Roseman and Louisville, and should hear back from Case in the next week or so. I'm sure if my stats were a little better those wait lists would be acceptances. Just gotta keep my head up!

Thanks!! I was rejected at LECOM, wait listed at Roseman and Louisville, and should hear back from Case in the next week or so. I'm sure if my stats were a little better those wait lists would be acceptances. Just gotta keep my head up!

Well, good luck! To be honest, I don't even know what LECOM is looking for. I was waitlisted and I am not bitter about it, just a little confused. I met someone there that interviewed the same day as me, I think they got waitlisted as well and ended up getting into CU, UPenn, and BU! I guess no one will ever really know what each school is specifically looking for. Good luck again, hope to hear some good news from you soon!

Good luck, I really liked it there and the interview was pretty relaxed.

After 3 Waitlists and 1 Re-evaluation, I got an acceptance at SIUe. Could someone PM me the facebook 2019 group if it exists?

Reactions: 8 users
Have not posted yet, but I found this thread to be super helpful, hope this helps some of you!

Interviews: Nova, Penn, Temple, Case Western, BU, Tufts, NYU (interviewed from October - March)
Waitlist: Nova
Denied: Harvard, Columbia, UConn, UNC
Accepted: Tufts!

Withdrew interview at NYU and my spot on the waitlist at Nova. Still waiting to hear back from all the others, but I will be matriculating at Tufts this fall for sure!

To all those waiting to hear back - don't give up! April is right around the corner and there will be spots that open up. Just demonstrate your interest and keep sending those updates! Best of luck to everyone!

Cheers!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I keep hearing that spots open up in April. Why is this? Thanks!

I keep hearing that spots open up in April. Why is this? Thanks!
April 1 is when schools know which students are holding onto multiple seats. These schools then urge those students to quickly decide on which school to matriculate to and to give up the rest.

These schools then urge those students to quickly decide on which school to matriculate to and to give up the rest.

And if the sudent doesn't...the schools may do it for them....and all seats are lost...

Reactions: 2 users
I have put down deposit for one school. Once April 1st arrives, does it mean the other schools I interviewed at won't offer me acceptance since they saw I was accepted to a dental school ?

I would start emailing them. I emailed boston and got an interview a few days later. I've heard the same for many people with NYU.

I was thinking of emailing Boston, but wasn't sure what to say. Did you just update them on what you've been doing and say that you were still interested in hearing from them?

I was thinking of emailing Boston, but wasn't sure what to say. Did you just update them on what you've been doing and say that you were still interested in hearing from them?

Pretty much

I di
I did that a few weeks ago and got a basic response that they would update my file then I asked if they were still sending invites out and the response back was, yes a few. Not much of a warm and fuzzy coming from them. Boston is too cold for me anyway!

Yes. Lol

Interviews: Maryland, Buffalo (both Jan)
Waitlisted: Buffalo (low priority, bad interview)
Accepted: None
Rejected: NYU, Rutgers, Columbia

Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/13/14
Application complete date: 10/13/14
sGPA: 3.9
oGPA: 3.92
DAT (AA/TS): 23/24

Current Status: given up

Really high gpa, really high DAT, shiny teeth, I don't understand how you haven't gotten an acceptance yet. You're bound to get one soon, don't give up!

Rejected from ECU and Creighton this morning. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
That was my best chance at this point. Now I have to re-apply.
Pro Tip: Don't submit your applications on the last day.

Dont give up! you have amazing stats!

Has anyone heard back from BU within the past two weeks with regards to acceptance / rejection and if so when did you interview.

Rejected from ECU and Creighton this morning. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
That was my best chance at this point. Now I have to re-apply.
Pro Tip: Don't submit your applications on the last day.

By last day, do you mean in February?

And yeah, ECU filled their class months ago.

Has anyone heard back from BU within the past two weeks with regards to acceptance / rejection and if so when did you interview.
Did they give you any type of answer as to when you would hear back? I interviewed 2/27 and they didn't tell us if it would be days, months, or weeks and now I'm getting anxious.

I've been lurking on this thread for a while and figured I'd share my stuff.

Aadsas submitted 8/15ish
Dat taken 9/17 (22aa/22ts)
Apps complete 10/1ish
3.4 undergrad ~4.0 masters

Interviews: stonybrook (10/28), NYU (12/2) , UCSF (2/1), Boston (2/27), and declined VCU interview
Wait listed at UCSF
silence from stonybrook
Acceptances to NYU and BU

Will most likely be attending BU!! Congrats to everyone else above me who's made it so far, and keep your heads up to those who are still waiting!

Reactions: 10 users

Same boat :(

WHERE ARE YOU BU AND TUFTS OMGGGGG

I hope they're still interviewing :(

Rejected from NYU without interview. I've never had such bad self esteem in my entire life.

Rejection number 11.

Reactions: 3 users
For those that have applied before and are on another try, did any of you re-apply because maybe you only got into one school, but it ended up not being your favorite?

For those that have applied before and are on another try, did any of you re-apply because maybe you only got into one school, but it ended up not being your favorite?
Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015

Anyone with more than one deposit down? How do we go about declining one of the acceptances if we have made our decision? Phone call? Email? I couldn't find any info and the school's site.

Last edited:
Anyone with more than one deposit down? How do we go about declining one of the acceptances of we have made our decision? Phone call? Email? I couldn't find any info and the school's site.
I'd call if I was in your shoes seems more professional to me.

Anyone with more than one deposit down? How do we go about declining one of the acceptances if we have made our decision? Phone call? Email? I couldn't find any info and the school's site.

I emailed and said I was very thankful for the offer and had a nice time interviewing there but unfortunately I was going with another school. I then asked to receive a response confirming my name was withdrawn from the class list so I was not penalized for holding more than one spot. I think either calling or emailing is fine, up to you.

I think it depends on the school - some schools do all of their correspondance over email - even sending out their acceptances - so it would be acceptable to email them to say that you have decided on another school. However, if the school has communicated with you via phone, I think it would be most appropriate to call.

status update...

waitlisted at NYU and Western.

Got a mail from Western today.

God help me get in somewhere!

Good luck StumpMT and those folks who are interviewing at NYU today!
Remember to stay calm, think, speak slowly and clearly :luck:

Reactions: 9 users
Awesome interview day at NYU! Hope I get accepted!

Reactions: 15 users