**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How's your cycle going. Interviews ? So far I got three.
Applied to 8, got 8 interviews, 4 pre-December. I was not expecting that

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get a status change at NOVA Southeastern? "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"

Did anyone get a status change at NOVA Southeastern? "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"
I've had that status since they rejected me. UF rejected me yesterday and my status changed to "Check back..." thus morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same thing for buffalo :/ I had an interview a few weeks ago. Does that mean I was rejected or wait listed?

I have the same thing for buffalo :/ I had an interview a few weeks ago. Does that mean I was rejected or wait listed?
I can't say for certain, but the only statuses that have that are from the two schools that informed me I was rejected.

My status for one school I interviewed at is "received/application complete" is this what people talk about when it says "check back december first" other two schools I interviewed at still say invited for interview

I have "check back on dec 1," "invited for interview" and "received/completed application."

For different schools lol I don't think I was clear
Oh no I figured, but I wonder what all of them mean. At least u have one of each so you're probably guaranteed at least one acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point, anything can mean anything.

And I dont like it.

At this point, I wouldn't mind paying a "small" fee to expedite a school's decision. Time just seems to move slowly as we approach the 1st of December...

At this point, I wouldn't mind paying a "small" fee to expedite a school's decision. Time just seems to move slowly as we approach the 1st of December...

Thats why I dont look at the clock when Im at work.

Or "I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that’s how I know it doesn’t exist," -Willow Smith

Reactions: 5 users
Interview! (My first interview invite, and I applied considerably late, didn't take DAT until late August)

School: NOVA
Notification date: 10/28
Method of notification: email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/17
Application complete date: 9/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.47 (The Florida State University)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/19/20/none

Go Noles!

be careful what you wish for. very soon they are gonna be banging on your doors asking you for a 1k deposit. and you tell them, "no wait! let me hear back from my no.1 first". and they will tell you, "nope buddy. pay up now. oh and no refunds"

I am in the same shoes as you. I interviewed at a school about a month ago and now it says check back for dec 1. Am I rejected ? I'm freaking out
No, this most likely means you are accepted. If you interviewed and then it changed from invited for interview to check back, this is an acceptance.

No, this most likely means you are accepted. If you interviewed and then it changed from invited for interview to check back, this is an acceptance.
What if it still says "Invited for interview"?

But if you received a rejection email or letter and your status changes to "Check back december 1st..." this means rejection.

What if it still says "Invited for interview"?
All of mine still says invited for interview.

please please everyone. Stop freaking out about the portal. Who the heck knows what those statuses mean ? NO ONE , but schools admissions people. So it is better of to stop speculating or taking other people's advice.

last thing , look at trend in previous years school forums. That's the only way you might be able to tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
I am only saying these things because I actually did research previous forums and this was the trend in the past. We wont be 100% sure until Dec 1st though.

But if you received a rejection email or letter and your status changes to "Check back december 1st..." this means rejection.

Of course it means rejection....because you received a letter/email saying so. I received two rejection letters/emails and my status updated to "Check back December 1st for more information regarding your decision status for this school.". I thought to myself 'Why should I check back on December 1st? I already know the decision status....I WAS REJECTED'. Are they going to magically un-reject me? No.

Sooo...who's excited for The Walking Dead tomorrow?!? This girl right here!!!!! Lol

Reactions: 3 users
Sooo...who's excited for The Walking Dead tomorrow?!? This girl right here!!!!! Lol

I would be if I had cable :mad: I saw the first episode this season and I'm dying to finish it, but I'll just wait until it's on Netflix.

finally got an interview at my dream school :)
Interview #3

School: Columbia
Notification date: 11/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):24/26/23/19/none

OMG that thread is hilarious.
That's what I initially thought too haha, but im going to check if my status changes before dec 1 for my schools I interviewed at to see if it works. Maybe, maybe not! Haha

That's what I initially thought too haha, but im going to check if my status changes before dec 1 for my schools I interviewed at to see if it works. Maybe, maybe not! Haha

Me too

So this might be a dumb question, but it's close to December 1st so nothing is a dumb question.

If I'm not accepted on December 1st, should I notify the schools that haven't rejected me that I'm still available? I don't care if I seem like the desperate girl at the club, cause sometimes they get dates too. An interview is like a first date, right? I just don't want to seem too needy. Should I bring flowers and chocolates to give to my interviewer? This courtship thing is tough. (Serious question, though with lots of sarcasm peppered in)

Reactions: 3 users
Not to say this is 100% true, this should give you an idea haha..but also causes even more anxiety!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ase-check-back-dec-1-on-aadsas-portal.872799/

Ok, to go on with the OP on that threads theory. I have two messages that say check back dec 1. One is from UNLV (which i recieved an email saying I was rejected to) and the other is to Creighton (which i have interviewed at in October). HOWEVER, things get interesting here.

Creighton is in Omaha, Nebraska, and UNLV is in Nevada..... Nevada is clearly after Nebraska in terms of alphabetical order.... HOWEVER

My check back Dec 1 for Creighton is listed after my Check back dec 1 for UNLV........
WOW, just WOW

Ok, to go on with the OP on that threads theory. I have two messages that say check back dec 1. One is from UNLV (which i recieved an email saying I was rejected to) and the other is to Creighton (which i have interviewed at in October). HOWEVER, things get interesting here.

Creighton is in Omaha, Nebraska, and UNLV is in Nevada..... Nevada is clearly after Nebraska in terms of alphabetical order.... HOWEVER

My check back Dec 1 for Creighton is listed after my Check back dec 1 for UNLV........
WOW, just WOW
Also to go on with this theory, I had an "invited for interview" message from UMKC until a few days ago. The "invited for interview" message was in between the two "Check back dec 1" messages

Could this mean that they are listed
Rejection
Interview
Acceptance

This is getting intense

WOW, just WOW
With this theory..UNLV is the rejection bc you already know they rejected you. But interviews would be below rejection and since you interviewed at Creighton already and your status changed to check back dec 1, you may have an acceptance my friend. Just maybeeee
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416764749.264080.jpg

Wow... You guys need to chill haha. How are you going to get through the next 8 days?

Reactions: 4 users
Wow... You guys need to chill haha. How are you going to get through the next 8 days?
I know right?? I just stumbled upon that forum and now I have more anxiety. wish I didn't see it!

Did anyone get a rejection or acceptance after interviewing at Western University yet? I hear they occasionally send these out earlier than Dec if they're positive about certain decisions. My friend's friend got a rejection a week after his interview via email :( I'm scared to check my email now :/

My two that say "Check back..." were both rejections. Pitt still says "Invited for interview." I want to speculate as to what that means, but it's really impossible to tell.

Really hope it means good news