**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
8 DAYS LEFT OH MAAAAAAH GAAAAAWWWWWWDDDDDDD

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OH MAAAAAA IT JUST HIT MEEEEEEEEEE WHAAAAAAAAAA

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My two that say "Check back..." were both rejections. Pitt still says "Invited for interview." I want to speculate as to what that means, but it's really impossible to tell.

Really hope it means good news
Usually ppl say the status changes within a few days of dec 1. Either stays "invited for interview" or to "check back dec 1" and the ones that change to check back dec 1 are acceptances...or so the theory claims lol. So right now we're still 7 days out so I'm checking like 11/29 haha. We'll see if it's true on dec 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually ppl say the status changes within a few days of dec 1. Either stays "invited for interview" or to "check back dec 1" and the ones that change to check back dec 1 are acceptances...or so the theory claims lol. So right now we're still 7 days out so I'm checking like 11/29 haha. We'll see if it's true on dec 1

We'll see!

You guys are reading into this too much. Can you guys stop raising my anxiety? Like dang it's 8 days left, let me freak out in peace

Reactions: 2 users
So this might be a dumb question, but it's close to December 1st so nothing is a dumb question.

If I'm not accepted on December 1st, should I notify the schools that haven't rejected me that I'm still available? I don't care if I seem like the desperate girl at the club, cause sometimes they get dates too. An interview is like a first date, right? I just don't want to seem too needy. Should I bring flowers and chocolates to give to my interviewer? This courtship thing is tough. (Serious question, though with lots of sarcasm peppered in)
If you go the chocolate route, get a box of Godiva and try to stay away from Hershey's.

my USC status changed to "check back.." a day after my interview back in mid october and its at the bottom of my school decisions list....i doubt however that they decided on me that fast (wouldnt be mad if they did). Nova changed for me a few days ago :).... has Midwestern AZ changed for anyone? or UNLV?

So this might be a dumb question, but it's close to December 1st so nothing is a dumb question.

If I'm not accepted on December 1st, should I notify the schools that haven't rejected me that I'm still available? I don't care if I seem like the desperate girl at the club, cause sometimes they get dates too. An interview is like a first date, right? I just don't want to seem too needy. Should I bring flowers and chocolates to give to my interviewer? This courtship thing is tough. (Serious question, though with lots of sarcasm peppered in)
You would be, what we call here in college, a grenade. Usually the bro that drew the short stick the night before is responsible for people like this. I don't know if dental schools work the same way as a group of guys in a bar...

"Hey Puerto Rico, we've got this girl who keeps calling us and we really need you to take her off our hands, shes annoying the hell out of us. Do you mind taking one for the team and accepting her?"

Hmmmm, now that I typed it out..... I could maybe see this happening....

You would be, what we call here in college, a grenade. Usually the bro that drew the short stick the night before is responsible for people like this. I don't know if dental schools work the same way as a group of guys in a bar...

"Hey Puerto Rico, we've got this girl who keeps calling us and we really need you to take her off our hands, shes annoying the hell out of us. Do you mind taking one for the team and accepting her?"

Hmmmm, now that I typed it out..... I could maybe see this happening....

So yay or nay on calling dental schools, if I'm not accepted, to tell them that I'm single and looking to mingle?

Hello guys, My application complete day is 10/22 and I have not heard anything back more than secondary applications, What does that mean? they haven`t reviewed it yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at 1 school in September and it's second to last on my AADSAS portal (still says invited for interview). Last is "check back" for nova which I already got rejected to. But I still have under review and app complete and two other rejections scattered about in no order. That thread made me more nervous

Hello guys, My application complete day is 10/22 and I have not heard anything back more than secondary applications, What does that mean? they haven`t reviewed it yet?
Hang in there,,, You applied kinda late! But depending on your stats and which schools you applied to, you can get post-dec interviews. Good luck

I interviewed at 1 school in September and it's second to last on my AADSAS portal (still says invited for interview). Last is "check back" for nova which I already got rejected to. But I still have under review and app complete and two other rejections scattered about in no order. That thread made me more nervous
Yours doesn't go with the theory at all! Lol so maybe lets go back to the normal regular anxiety we wet under before I posted that forum apologies all!

Yours doesn't go with the theory at all! Lol so maybe lets go back to the normal regular anxiety we wet under before I posted that forum apologies all!

I didn't think so just wanted to make sure. Thank you!

I didn't think so just wanted to make sure. Thank you!

Yea lets disregard the theory then. In interviewed at one school and it's at the bottom of my list saying "invited for interview still". GOOD LUCK TO US!! And to everyone else!! We got this guys, it'll be our time to shine, eventually.

All of you speculating are going to drive yourself crazy. Keep busy and before you know next Monday will arrive

my USC status changed to "check back.." a day after my interview back in mid october and its at the bottom of my school decisions list....i doubt however that they decided on me that fast (wouldnt be mad if they did). Nova changed for me a few days ago :).... has Midwestern AZ changed for anyone? or UNLV?
Haven't heard back from MWU AZ, just interviewed there Nov 18 so no surprise. UNLV rejected me

Does anyone know if the AADSAS portal is automatically updated at 12:01am on December 1st?

Think the servers will crash again this year?

I believe the answer is no, but some schools email at 12am.
Does it update if you have a check back December 1 though? Because with that there seems to have been a decision input into the system

Does it update if you have a check back December 1 though? Because with that there seems to have been a decision input into the system
I think when I looked through last years thread the update doesn't happen at midnight. Maybe in the early morning though?

Does anyone know if every school that accepts you sends out an official letter via USPS in addition to email/phone call?

It's either this or biochem...
Hahaha same here. Biochem lab report and the final coming up and I just keep saying whatever and reading every single forum here

Reactions: 3 users
Hahaha same here. Biochem lab report and the final coming up and I just keep saying whatever and reading every single forum here
I've even found myself in the high school forums

Reactions: 4 users
I wandered into the dental forums the other day, then got really confused because I forgot I was there. I had one of the most ridiculous biochem tests Friday so I feel all of your guys biochem pain

I wandered into the dental forums the other day, then got really confused because I forgot I was there. I had one of the most ridiculous biochem tests Friday so I feel all of your guys biochem pain
You're tellin me. I have gone through this year getting 90's on my med micro exams by studying twice over the notes. Decided I wanted more than a 90 so I studied double that for my previous test and ended up getting a 76. Safe to say I'm cutting down on studying.

Hahaha yeah this was following two huge tests in my animal phys class so my studying for biochem was limited. However everyone said it was the hardest test they've taken. Yay lol

Hahaha yeah this was following two huge tests in my animal phys class so my studying for biochem was limited. However everyone said it was the hardest test they've taken. Yay lol
Lol good luck procrastinating for that..

Lol right? I'm so ready for thanksgiving break. Just a developmental bio test standing in my way. You have anymore tests?

Lol right? I'm so ready for thanksgiving break. Just a developmental bio test standing in my way. You have anymore tests?
A human anatomy test today. Upper limb so I'm hopin it won't be horrible although I didn't study as much as I should but screw it

If you guys think that the "check back December 1 for more information regarding your status with this school" hypothesis is true,

THEN I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!

If you guys think that the "check back December 1 for more information regarding your status with this school" hypothesis is true,

Elaborate plz.

Cliffhanger

Just checked the mail...no rejections! :hardy: Live to die another day!

Reactions: 7 users

So mysterious

@wild

Wild Zodiac, you are a god amongst men. This cliffhanger is one of the best things I have seen on here in weeks.

Haven't checked this thread in awhile, but I'm finding all the speculating about every little detail amusing. I know USC said everyone's status would change to check back Dec. 1st if you were given an interview.

'Tis the season...one down, eleven to go.

School: UCSF rejection w/out interview
Notification date: 11/24
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: NV
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/22
Application complete date: 9/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/23/no

Edit: Oh, let's not forget the good news though! One week!!

School: UNLV interview
Notification date: 8/1

School: USC interview
Notification date: 11/8

Last edited:
Hey all just a quick question...Are there schools that you know of that don't send interview invites through e-mail, but rather through their portal or phone call? Thank you!

Hey all just a quick question...Are there schools that you know of that don't send interview invites through e-mail, but rather through their portal or phone call? Thank you!
I would also like to know this.

I never got an e-mail for my MWU-AZ interview. I just randomly checked my portal one day and it showed that I was able to schedule an interview.

ERRRR that's what I'm scared about I could be missing out on some interviews.