Official Interview Invite thread 2015 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slopes23

Parlors & Poop Shoots
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of good old fashioned neuroticism, I figured it would be an interesting thread if people had a centralized place to say they got an II. I don't foresee it to add much value later in the application cycle, but it's interesting to have in the beginning so that one can better gauge when interviews are finally being sent out.

I'll bump it periodically until someone posts their first interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I got one for October. My state school interviews pretty much everyone who applies IS. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I got one for October. My state school interviews pretty much everyone who applies IS. :)
Already? Thats awesome, congrats. It would be helpful if people mention what school they receive an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, UNMC. Not early decision, though. I believe those interviews are being scheduled for August.

This thread ALREADY? I feel anxious...thanks guys. :yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::vomit:

Reactions: 8 users
I'm not even verified yet...

Reactions: 10 users
I haven't even gotten a secondary yet!

Reactions: 4 users
Gotta love SDN neuroticism

Reactions: 19 users

Congrats. Hopefully I will be as lucky as you after I am complete at my state school!

Gonna bump this thread back up to the top. I know it's still early, but a few people keep asking if there is a centralized place to see when interview invites come out, and this is just a preventative measure so that all the info stays in one thread. Back to the secondary grind tomorrow! 10/25 submitted all within <24 hrs woohoo!

Michigan releases their first batch of II's tomorrow, so there should be activity here!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Michigan releases their first batch of II's tomorrow, so there should be activity here!

Curious where you saw this, looked on their Twitter but just says sometime this week?

Also, it was Michigan that doesn't need letters before IIs correct?

Thanks in advance!

Bump for another day.

Side note: Can't believe Fall is like a month an a half away. I feel like we just started Summer. Oh, wait. We did.

So when did the first II come out last year in earnest?

Not sure, but someone received one from U Pitt a few days ago!
That might have been me; I posted that on the UPitt thread. But I also know that UNMC sent out some IIs this weeks, and UMich is due any day now!

How can I find out when each school usually extends interview invitations? Are they listed on school websites or would going through old secondary threads on this site and mdapplicant profiles do the trick?

How can I find out when each school usually extends interview invitations? Are they listed on school websites or would going through old secondary threads on this site and mdapplicant profiles do the trick?

My personal strategy: check the med school's social media presence, they often make statements there (like umich's twitter); go through last year's SDN thread and check dates there; find an MDapplicant who applied to similar schools as me at similar times, and see what their interview feedback was like. To be honest though, most schools don't announce their II dates (for example, UPitt came as a total surprise).

My personal strategy: check the med school's social media presence, they often make statements there (like umich's twitter); go through last year's SDN thread and check dates there; find an MDapplicant who applied to similar schools as me at similar times, and see what their interview feedback was like. To be honest though, most schools don't announce their II dates (for example, UPitt came as a total surprise).

thanks, I have another question: If you get interview invites from multiple schools at the same time how do you pick which one to do first? Like let's say you're invited to interview at an extreme reach school like harvard and at a school that is a more realistic during the same period. which would you choose? does getting an interview at a massive reach imply you have a realistic chance at the school so would it be worth temporarily passing up an interview at a school that is a more realistic option based off of your stats?

Also, how much of a difference does having an early interview have?

I actually just got my first secondary last Wednesday (7/2) from GW after submitting my primary June 30th.

Okay, so I'm new to SDN, this was my first post, I thought II stood for secondary lol. I'm a bit lost with some of these abbreviations.

Reactions: 4 users
thanks, I have another question: If you get interview invites from multiple schools at the same time how do you pick which one to do first? Like let's say you're invited to interview at an extreme reach school like harvard and at a school that is a more realistic during the same period. which would you choose? does getting an interview at a massive reach imply you have a realistic chance at the school so would it be worth temporarily passing up an interview at a school that is a more realistic option based off of your stats?

Also, how much of a difference does having an early interview have?

It is not "School A or School B". It is "School A and School B". This isn't residency interviews where a bunch of programs overlap and you have to choose which to attend. You will be able to attend every interview you are invited to attend, assuming cost isn't a limiting factor.

Okay, so I'm new to SDN, this was my first post, I thought II stood for secondary lol. I'm a bit lost with some of these abbreviations.

No worries. It is worse when people in the school-specific threads say things like "II received!" during July (instead of secondary received) and send everyone else into panic ;)

It is not "School A or School B". It is "School A and School B". This isn't residency interviews where a bunch of programs overlap and you have to choose which to attend. You will be able to attend every interview you are invited to attend.

but in terms of priorities which school would you choose to interview at first? does an interview actually translate to "you have a good chance of getting into this school?" i'm concerned about accepting an interview invite to one school and being put at a disadvantage at another school because i went to school #1's interview first.

but in terms of priorities which school would you choose to interview at first? does an interview actually translate to "you have a good chance of getting into this school?" i'm concerned about accepting an interview invite to one school and being put at a disadvantage at another school because i went to school #1's interview first.

It really doesn't make much of a difference. Schedule your interviews as soon as you can. Some might recommend scheduling "high tier" schools later after you've had some practice, but honestly, after 2 or 3 interviews it doesn't make a difference. Part of me wishes that Pritzker hadn't been my first interview, but I feel like the interview went well anyway. Non-rolling schools might be better to schedule later, if you take that route.

For what it's worth, I only interviewed at one school in the "top 10" and will be matriculating there. If you got an interview - you have a chance. Your chances might not be as good as the dude next to you with a 4.0/43, but you still have a chance and it's certainly worth attending the interview.

I think it depends. At Michigan, if you interview in one of the first few groups, your acceptance rate is as high as 70% according to the old twitter updates. In October/November...that number tends to dip down.

Mo secondaries, mo problems. Just another day living the dream guys. Bumping it back up so the lucky ducks who get an interview can make every one jelly!!

Disclaimer: I know full well most schools have not sent out any interviews, I bump it just in case, and to spread the word out to people this is the thread to state you got a II!

Last edited:
Would also like to know this as well.

I believe it is Ohio State (mentioned here in this wonderfully detailed mdapps by Euxox).

I don't have all my LORs in to UMich, so according to their portal I am still incomplete.

There have been a few IIs to UTMB in Galveston now.

I just received invitations to UTMB Galveston and A&M yesterday. They are actually back to back interviews 8/21 (A&M) and 8/22 (Galveston). Thankfully only 3.5 hours apart. Its gonna be crazy!

Reactions: 3 users
I just received invitations to UTMB Galveston and A&M yesterday. They are actually back to back interviews 8/21 (A&M) and 8/22 (Galveston). Thankfully only 3.5 hours apart. Its gonna be crazy!

Congrats! Stats?

Reactions: 2 users
II for August, George Washington Med in August!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Can we start compiling a list of schools and the earliest interview invites? I'll start the list from the current posts.

DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE!
1) Click "quote" on the most recent post (don't copy and paste!).
2) Add the school's name in by date
3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.

This Year's Earliest Interview Invites (2014):

July
UPitt - 7/7/14
UChicago - 7/9/14
George Washington - 7/10/14
UMTB Galveston - 7/10/14
Texas A&M - 7/10/14

Reactions: 5 users
DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE!

July
UNMC - 7/2/14
UPitt - 7/7/14
UChicago - 7/9/14
UMTB Galveston - 7/10/14
Texas A&M - 7/10/14

DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE!

July
UNMC - 7/2/14
UPitt - 7/7/14
UChicago - 7/9/14
UMTB Galveston - 7/10/14
Texas A&M - 7/10/14
Jefferson - 7/10/14

DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE!

July
UNMC - 7/2/14
UPitt - 7/7/14
UChicago - 7/9/14
UMTB Galveston - 7/10/14
Texas A&M - 7/10/14
Jefferson - 7/10/14

when did you get your interview invite from jefferson? did they email you?

DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE!

July
UNMC - 7/2/14
UPitt - 7/7/14
UChicago - 7/9/14
UMTB Galveston - 7/10/14
Texas A&M - 7/10/14
Jefferson - 7/10/14
Texas Tech SOM (Lubbock) - 7/11/14

Just got an interview at Texas Tech Lubbock on 8/20. What do people think of doing three interviews back to back? 8/20, 8/21, and 8/22? I go to school in Ohio, but live in TX. I could get three interviews out of the way this way before heading up to college, saving a lot of plane ticket money. The cons being the stress of doing three in a row obviously.

Reactions: 1 users