Official June 15th MCAT Scores Release Countdown Thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
8 days until scores are scheduled to be released!! Is everyone else starting to get really nervous?

Post here with any new MCAT release info, or your nervous ramblings!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Phoenix,
As a temporary workaround for the Firefox extension, what I think may work is if you first login to the THX site, then tell the extension to monitor that site, and keep Firefox open to that page. Then the extension should tell you whether or not the page you just logged into has changed. Hope this helps!

Will using the extension to monitor THX make it look like I'm constantly refreshing even though technically I'm not?

I would expect the scores to be up around 2:30pm or around 5pm if they aren't delayed. It seems like the last couple of releases occurred around those time.

Aaargh, I will be meeting one of rec writing profs around that time. Hopefully I won't cry when he asks me for my MCAT score:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just downloaded Page Update Checker and it says that it doesn't necessarily work with pages that require logins. So perhaps it will only check for as long as you're not timed out once you check into THX? How long do you think that is? Or has someone used this before with a page that requires a login, and it worked?

This is all probably moot since I'll be at work and am not allowed to download anything on my work computer. I could bring in my laptop (they have wireless access), but it would be through my workplace's network, and they actually monitor not only what sites we visit, but how active we are on the sites. So, if they see me hitting refresh (or using a program that constantly refreshes for me), it will look pretty sketchy. I'll definitely be refreshing on Wed, but obviously not as much as I'd like.

Perhaps if some of you are free on Wed and feeling magnanimous, you could help those of us out who can't constantly refresh? You know, like each person who will be free (and reliably obsessive about checking THX) could email one (or a couple) of those of us who are stuck at work on Wed? I'd say we could start a chain, but then if someone got called into a meeting at work or something, the chain would be broken.

Ok, enough babbling. Are there any compulsive premeds out there who are dedicating Wed to checking THX and are willing to email (or better yet, text message me) when the score comes out? I'd be happy to proofread a personal statement or secondaries in exchange. I'm a great editor (I was a laywer for 7 years). Pretty please with Magic Shell on top?

WHAT THE HELL. AREYOU SANE?! I really hope you don't become a doctor, you're messed up in the head.

On second thought, I'll br free wednesday and i could text message you, PM me your number and also I do have some work i could forward you for editing.

So getting the scores back soon is bringing back some of the stuff on the June 15th exam. Anyone remmber that passage about the teacher-student-book molality thing? Did any of you have trouble on that, cuz I think I did....and it's worrying me...cuz i had no idea on that passage.

So getting the scores back soon is bringing back some of the stuff on the June 15th exam. Anyone remmber that passage about the teacher-student-book molality thing? Did any of you have trouble on that, cuz I think I did....and it's worrying me...cuz i had no idea on that passage.
there wasnt' a passage like that idiot

I'm talking about the passage in PS where the teacher, student, and a book had their own opinions of molality...and the questions were structured around it...it was confusing...anyone else?

I'm talking about the passage in PS where the teacher, student, and a book had their own opinions of molality...and the questions were structured around it...it was confusing...anyone else?

I remember the passage, though don't remember anything else about it.

The cilia and goat passages haunt me on a daily basis, however. :scared:

I remember the passage, though don't remember anything else about it.

The cilia and goat passages haunt me on a daily basis, however. :scared:

yeah, i hear ya. The cilia passage gives me nightmares cuz I had like 5 seconds left at the end, and i realized I got a question wrong on that passage and I tried to change it, but even with 5 seconds left, it said I ran out of time when I clicked the right answer...so I surely got that wrong. and the graph-question on the goat passage just makes me nervous

The cilia, the goat and the teacher-student molality were definitely passages I guessed my way through. How awful!

The cilia, the goat and the teacher-student molality were definitely passages I guessed my way through. How awful!

I don't know if I was lucky or unlucky, but I didn't have either of those passages. If a harder MCAT is a better MCAT for curve purposes, then you guys were the lucky ones.

EDIT: Ah, yes, I had the goat passage. Oddly, I didn't think it was that bad. *shrug* No cilia passage for sure, though.

WHAT THE HELL. AREYOU SANE?! I really hope you don't become a doctor, you're messed up in the head.

On second thought, I'll br free wednesday and i could text message you, PM me your number and also I do have some work i could forward you for editing.

I don't know how I feel about PMing my number to someone who thinks I'm messed up in the head. Why are you questioning my sanity? I'm anxious to get my MCAT scores as soon as they're posted, but not *that* anxious. Thanks anyway for the offer.

Members don't see this ad :)

In contrast to BeatrixKiddo's needlessly inflammatory, unnecessary, and unwanted remarks, I actually do remember that passage, and definitely remember thinking 'wtf?' at some of those questions.

Two things:

1) You guys are getting too specific. It's fine to post general MCAT topics of passages, but you should NOT post the details of passages, questions or answers.

2) Cool it down. Personal insults against other users is not acceptable behavior on this forum. I'm going to start infracting people if I get any more reports about this thread.

Two things:

1) You guys are getting too specific. It's fine to post general MCAT topics of passages, but you should NOT post the details of passages, questions or answers.

2) Cool it down. Personal insults against other users is not acceptable behavior on this forum. I'm going to start infracting people if I get any more reports about this thread.

Thanks for monitoring, Q. I have no idea why so much fur is flying in this thread. Must just be pre-score release irritability.

once again, my damn parents keep on asking me about my score even though I've told them numerous times they don't come out until the 18th...:slamhead:

once again, my damn parents keep on asking me about my score even though I've told them numerous times they don't come out until the 18th...:slamhead:

One of my classmates just asked me about mine today. I hate when people ask about it. It always makes me more anxious and nervous. Parents are the worst though really. No matter how many times I tell them I won't know until Wed., they continue to ask again and again. I guess that just goes to show that they are probably as nervous as I am.

hahah anyone else have reoccuring nightmares about your mcat score? hahah gotta love that despite being "mcat dormant" for the last month.. i'm still getting nightmares. if only i could sleep in peace :sleep:

hahah anyone else have reoccuring nightmares about your mcat score? hahah gotta love that despite being "mcat dormant" for the last month.. i'm still getting nightmares. if only i could sleep in peace :sleep:

I count myself lucky that the last MCAT nightmare I remember having was on 6/25. In that dream they released our scores early, and I got: 8 PS 9 BS 15 VR for a total of 32S. I even posted my results on SDN in my dream. Bizarre.

Anyone else opening fortune cookies at chinese restaurants with particular interest these days? I seem to be looking anywhere I can for a sign of good fortune to come!

yep!!!
i got one that said "Bide your time, for success is near!"

Then i got one that said "Financial success is just around the corner!"

-- those just made my week a whole lot better!:)

Two days left for you all. My roommate took it on this test date too so hopefully she'll have good news.

I heard from a reliable source that the scores are definitely being released before 4:00 PM tomorrow (Tuesday).

...Anyone else opening fortune cookies at chinese restaurants with particular interest these days? I seem to be looking anywhere I can for a sign of good fortune to come!

My friends and I got an entire box of fortune cookies and I spent a good 2 hours eating through them looking for good fortunes.

One of my classmates just asked me about mine today. I hate when people ask about it. It always makes me more anxious and nervous. Parents are the worst though really. No matter how many times I tell them I won't know until Wed., they continue to ask again and again. I guess that just goes to show that they are probably as nervous as I am.

What is even weirder is when friends ask about your other common friends scores not to the person who took the test but to you the friend of the person taking the test.

:laugh: :laugh:

That's happened to me before but I felt bad about telling the girl who was asking me to ask the other person since they are both good friends of mine.

I heard from a reliable source that the scores are definitely being released before 4:00 PM tomorrow (Tuesday).

Spill the beans. Who is this source? You can't just throw that out there and walk away. And what's your stake in this? Did you take the 6/15 MCAT?

Can anyone attest to mfpullen's general trustworthiness (i.e., that he doesn't generally bop around SDN starting trouble?). And I did skim through his past posts a little, and nothing jumped out as odd. I'd love to believe this unconfirmed source is true....

8 days until scores are scheduled to be released!! Is everyone else starting to get really nervous?

Post here with any new MCAT release info, or your nervous ramblings!

Dr. Pardi,

I am so hoping you get in somewhere good this cycle. Your profile kicks ass. I've been watching your progress over the last couple of years and you really deserve to get in somewhere really really good that is first choice for you. Good luck with scores.

Spill the beans. Who is this source? You can't just throw that out there and walk away. And what's your stake in this? Did you take the 6/15 MCAT?

Can anyone attest to mfpullen's general trustworthiness (i.e., that he doesn't generally bop around SDN starting trouble?). And I did skim through his past posts a little, and nothing jumped out as odd. I'd love to believe this unconfirmed source is true....

hahaha, so many questions, getting a little too excited there. although i cant say anything about the person who posted this, i can say with 95% confidence that it is not true. people say these things before an mcat score is released just to get responses like yours.

hahaha, so many questions, getting a little too excited there. although i cant say anything about the person who posted this, i can say with 95% confidence that it is not true. people say these things before an mcat score is released just to get responses like yours.

*sigh* Point well taken. Out of curiosity, does anyone remember them ever releasing scores a day early? I've certainly seen them come out a day late, but not early.

My officemate has been asking me about my score for weeks. "When does it come out again? Is it next week? I'm so excited!" LOL. I just tell people it's sometime in July so they won't call me on the 18th. Then yesterday my cousin left me a comment on MySpace, saying "Congratulations on the MCAT, Woohoo! I'm so proud of you!" I don't know where that came from, she knows that scores come out sometime in July. Maybe it was from my default picture with me and my husband at a restaurant - we had a dessert with candles from our server for our wedding anniversary this weekend. I guess she didn't read the caption and just assumed it was for an MCAT celebration. :laugh:

I took the MCAT last August and I remember the scores coming out a couple days earlier than expected. However, that was the paper based test and I think there was a much longer wait for grades to come out.

It would be awesome if they do come out tomorrow but I'm not getting my hopes up.

My officemate has been asking me about my score for weeks. "When does it come out again? Is it next week? I'm so excited!" LOL. I just tell people it's sometime in July so they won't call me on the 18th. Then yesterday my cousin left me a comment on MySpace, saying "Congratulations on the MCAT, Woohoo! I'm so proud of you!" I don't know where that came from, she knows that scores come out sometime in July. Maybe it was from my default picture with me and my husband at a restaurant - we had a dessert with candles from our server for our wedding anniversary this weekend. I guess she didn't read the caption and just assumed it was for an MCAT celebration. :laugh:

Hah! Speaking of celebratory MCAT dinners:

28 or below = deli for comfort food and pondering a retake.
29-31 = celebratory "i don't have to retake" sushi.
32+ = all-out celebration at steakhouse with a dry aged Kansas City bone in.

Oh, and no matter what my total score is, if I managed to pull off a 10 in PS = STEAK. I will have deserved it.

Oh, and no matter what my total score is, if I managed to pull off a 10 in PS = STEAK. I will have deserved it.

What does 35+ and 40+ get?? What about 45T??? ;) :laugh: :laugh: :lol:

*sigh* Point well taken. Out of curiosity, does anyone remember them ever releasing scores a day early? I've certainly seen them come out a day late, but not early.

In April 05 when I took it, they came out somewhere between 8 and 10 pm the night before. I don't remember the time now.

:laugh: :laugh:

When my friend's scores came back, I didn't call her. However, I was at a ritz camera when she randomly called me and told me cuz she was so excited about her score.

She was like thanking me profusely and I was like "this is your own doing". I just gave her advice and some extra MCAT material that was sitting in my house but didn't do anything profound. I think it came through her own intelligence and dedication.

hm ok, but i dont like steak

What does 35+ and 40+ get?? What about 45T??? ;) :laugh: :laugh: :lol:

Hah! Considering my highest practice was a 32, I'd be shell-shocked if I got higher than a 32. Nevertheless, I thought about your question and decided that if I got 35+ it would have to be appetizers at the sushi restaurant followed by the premium steakhouse for the main course. There's no way I got 40+, but I guess if the stars were in some freakish alignment and I pulled it off, I'd have to order a porterhouse for two just for myself, with bread pudding for dessert. I'd be sick as a dog, but mighty satisfied. Ok, gotta stop talking about this. I'm drooling on my keyboard.

I'm kind of irked that guy posted about scores possibly coming out before 4pm on Tuesday. Now I have to spend two days feeling anxious. Hmpf.

i cant help myself, less than two days left and i keep having these unhealthy, delusional daydreams of scoring in the mid to high 30's, when i more than likely will score in the 30-32 range. ughh!! im trying to force myself to think that i scored a 29 so that i will very satisfied when see the 3-0.

Hah! Considering my highest practice was a 32, I'd be shell-shocked if I got higher than a 32. Nevertheless, I thought about your question and decided that if I got 35+ it would have to be appetizers at the sushi restaurant followed by the premium steakhouse for the main course. There's no way I got 40+, but I guess if the stars were in some freakish alignment and I pulled it off, I'd have to order a porterhouse for two just for myself, with bread pudding for dessert. I'd be sick as a dog, but mighty satisfied. Ok, gotta stop talking about this. I'm drooling on my keyboard.

I'm kind of irked that guy posted about scores possibly coming out before 4pm on Tuesday. Now I have to spend two days feeling anxious. Hmpf.

Love the steak celebration stuff!!! This waiting is killing me too. I think it's got to be a little harder on those of us over thirty with kids depending on us, etc. My app is strong, but everything hangs on these MCAT scores. And another year at this stage in my life seems like a lot longer than it did at 23. Just gotta keep the faith!!!

BTW, I'd be happy to e-mail when I see the scores. I have an evening class, so I'll be refreshing all day on Wednesday. From the sound of your posts, we are cut from the same mold, so I understand the urgency!!! Let me know if you want me to buzz you when they come out! Since that guy wrote that they might come out tomorrow, I'll probably refreshing all day tomorrow, too!

I am hosting a "make your own starbucks" party tomorrow so if I bombed the MCAT I will be adding Bailey's to my macchiatto, and if I rocked the MCAT I will be adding Bailey's to my macchiatto! :)

Good luck everyone! Almost there!!! :banana:

I still have 28 more days haha