Official june/20/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UoCfin

Love that white coat
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY, TO FOLLOW THE OTHERS: I AM CREATING THE OFFICIAL JUNE/20/2013 MCAT TEST DAY THREAD.

First off: this is my birthday...so whooooooo...
Second,,,am choosing this late test date so that i can creat a gap between my class finals and my test date: taking three classes spring 2013.
Third:::need as much time as possible for this beast...

So, SNDers...please comment...tell us ur plans...study attitude...

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I submitted a regrade but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I'm gonna start restudying during my spring break. Already got myself a copy of TPRH verbal workbook and I'm gonna go through the EK books for the sciences again. :)

I'm proud of you for submitted for a regrade! Sounds like a good plan that you have! :)

Top! :)

Day 1---BR physics chapter 1...went well...about to tackle some passages

SN2ed...

So, how was it?

I think I've decided to retake my exam on this day. Took my first test on 1/26/13 and got 12p/3v/11b. :(

Welcome 620 Crush a Feline Street! I've been reading your posts and all I can say is that verbal score is unbelievable and there is nothing to lose w/ a rescore. Verbal is my worse nightmare but I've never scored that low on a practice exam or on my exam when I took it the first time.

I feel so bad that you got a 3 in v. Are you going to have them regrade the exam?

Welcome if you decide to stay. This is a great group of people! :)

:thumbup:

Argh falling behind already. Gonna stay somewhat close to schedule this next week then get all caught up and read a bit ahead over spring break.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been looking for a summary of the "must know" material from EK....This link is awesome, thanks for posting!

Any time man, like I said... this forum is for helping everyone in June out and all other who want to look. I still have not started my studying but i will be today. Last night I had a 12 hour shift at ER so I will be starting day 1 physics and take my passages along with EK 1001 questions.

So wish me luck, I will post how I did tomorrow!!!!!

So, how was it?

Welcome 620 Crush a Feline Street! I've been reading your posts and all I can say is that verbal score is unbelievable and there is nothing to lose w/ a rescore. Verbal is my worse nightmare but I've never scored that low on a practice exam or on my exam when I took it the first time.

:thumbup:

I thought the same thing. I don't believe at all that a 3 is reflective of his skills. :)

Argh falling behind already. Gonna stay somewhat close to schedule this next week then get all caught up and read a bit ahead over spring break.

I'm falling behind too. :(
Any time man, like I said... this forum is for helping everyone in June out and all other who want to look. I still have not started my studying but i will be today. Last night I had a 12 hour shift at ER so I will be starting day 1 physics and take my passages along with EK 1001 questions.

So wish me luck, I will post how I did tomorrow!!!!!

I work in the ER also. Awesome, eh? What hospital do you work at? I'm at Mercy in Monroe. Yay to physics. You can do it! :) Yeah, and awesome link. Much enjoyed!

So, how was it?

ACTUALLY WENT WELL...
I love their layout of the topics...very systematic with a work-it-out approach. Love the examples *kinda like TPR* It is just the beginning.
1 passage i got 50%
Another passage came out 71%...

BUT:
This is day 2...SN2ed...
Gen-Chem is the agenda. It was thorough...but got thru it. Looking forward to the passages. But my chem skills are lacking in some aspects.

I work at Allegiance Health, last night we had 1 STEMI, 1 non-STEMI, 2 CVA, 4 COPD exacerbations, x3 Pneumonia, a fecal impaction (glad i was not a doc, lol), and a spinal cord injury, the rest of the list was dull.... Lets just say it was a very insightful learning experience... luckily i saw one of the CVA on CT before x-ray called us but i don't think it mattered b/c the patient was out of the TPA window. They had such a nice family too, it was saddening.... But overall awesome day. Both MI patients lived!

Edit: ER life is awesome, honestly it's what i am shooting for. I used to want to do oncology but the pace of the ER and the chaos you are surrounded by feels like home to me lol. Also i Just read through the BR Physics Chapter one and I'm about to do the quizzes so far so good.

Was originally scheduled for May 11 but due to school and work schedule, switched to June 20th. Here is my study schedule planned out for the next few months.

March 11 to 14 (Spring Break Week):
Watch all Chad's Videos and take notes. Do associated quizzes.

March 15 to April 11:
Review notes taking during Chad's Videos during the week.

April 12 to April 29:
Take two weeks off for papers and finals.

April 29 to May 23:
Mondays -- TBR Biology
Tuesdays -- TBR Gen Chem
Wednesday -- TBR Physics
Thursdays -- O Chem notes and EK Verbal
Fri-Sat-Sun -- Three 12 hour days doing the paramedic thing.
My plan is to keep it simple. Work on content review and passages from 0800 to 1700 with one hour break for lunch. I worked out that this amount of time will be enough to go through all the chapters and do most of the passages. During my work hours, I will keep my notes taken during Chad's Videos with me to study during downtime.

May 27 to May 30:
TPR Hyperlearning Science Workbook
Once again, simple is the name of the game. Just go through the workbook and do as many questions as possible with special emphasis on PS. This is definitely my weakest area.

June 3 to June 18:
AAMC FL
Every other day I will take one FL exam. Off days I will review the previous days exam and make sure I understand what I missed. I will have completed 5 total FL exams. I think this should be enough.

June 19:
Off day. Relax, maybe catch a Pittsburgh Pirates game.

June 20:
MCAT at 1400 in Pittsburgh.

I work at Allegiance Health, last night we had 1 STEMI, 1 non-STEMI, 2 CVA, 4 COPD exacerbations, x3 Pneumonia, a fecal impaction (glad i was not a doc, lol), and a spinal cord injury, the rest of the list was dull.... Lets just say it was a very insightful learning experience... luckily i saw one of the CVA on CT before x-ray called us but i don't think it mattered b/c the patient was out of the TPA window. They had such a nice family too, it was saddening.... But overall awesome day. Both MI patients lived!

Edit: ER life is awesome, honestly it's what i am shooting for. I used to want to do oncology but the pace of the ER and the chaos you are surrounded by feels like home to me lol. Also i Just read through the BR Physics Chapter one and I'm about to do the quizzes so far so good.

I am a paramedic in a Level II Trauma center. I love it due to the autonomy we are permitted and the great variety of patients we see. Had a young gentleman today with newly diagnosed leukemia in crisis (prob won't make it to midnight), caught a STEMI in triage, and had a LOL with clavicular fx that caused a hematoma in the left neck area that was so massive it compressed her esophagus, IJ, and lead to mediastinal shift. Really cool.

I am a paramedic in a Level II Trauma center. I love it due to the autonomy we are permitted and the great variety of patients we see. Had a young gentleman today with newly diagnosed leukemia in crisis (prob won't make it to midnight), caught a STEMI in triage, and had a LOL with clavicular fx that caused a hematoma in the left neck area that was so massive it compressed her esophagus, IJ, and lead to mediastinal shift. Really cool.

haha wow that is insane, don't u love when you see ppl in triage, who aren't even suppoused to be there... Like ppl at times being triage with O2 sat of 66, and then your like ummm that is definitely not a triage pt haha... But at times it happens cuz it gets so hectic lol

Was originally scheduled for May 11 but due to school and work schedule, switched to June 20th. Here is my study schedule planned out for the next few months.

March 11 to 14 (Spring Break Week):
Watch all Chad's Videos and take notes. Do associated quizzes.

March 15 to April 11:
Review notes taking during Chad's Videos during the week.

April 12 to April 29:
Take two weeks off for papers and finals.

April 29 to May 23:
Mondays -- TBR Biology
Tuesdays -- TBR Gen Chem
Wednesday -- TBR Physics
Thursdays -- O Chem notes and EK Verbal
Fri-Sat-Sun -- Three 12 hour days doing the paramedic thing.
My plan is to keep it simple. Work on content review and passages from 0800 to 1700 with one hour break for lunch. I worked out that this amount of time will be enough to go through all the chapters and do most of the passages. During my work hours, I will keep my notes taken during Chad's Videos with me to study during downtime.

May 27 to May 30:
TPR Hyperlearning Science Workbook
Once again, simple is the name of the game. Just go through the workbook and do as many questions as possible with special emphasis on PS. This is definitely my weakest area.

June 3 to June 18:
AAMC FL
Every other day I will take one FL exam. Off days I will review the previous days exam and make sure I understand what I missed. I will have completed 5 total FL exams. I think this should be enough.

June 19:
Off day. Relax, maybe catch a Pittsburgh Pirates game.

June 20:
MCAT at 1400 in Pittsburgh.

That is an insane schedule... but i kind off will be doing the same thing... So i promise to keep you studying if you do the same :) we gots this brotha!!!

Also I am more then down for skype sessions lol, my skype name is Heyitselmo so feel free to add me and send me a message so i know who you are lol

haha wow that is insane, don't u love when you see ppl in triage, who aren't even suppoused to be there... Like ppl at times being triage with O2 sat of 66, and then your like ummm that is definitely not a triage pt haha... But at times it happens cuz it gets so hectic lol

We have an odd triage system at our ED. I kid you not I activated a Level II Trauma Alert the other day from triage. C-collar in triage, put in wheelchair, straight back to a trauma room. This is followed by the dental pain and fibromyalgia flare up. Hypohydromorphonemia is probably the most common chief complaint though.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is an insane schedule... but i kind off will be doing the same thing... So i promise to keep you studying if you do the same :) we gots this brotha!!!

Also I am more then down for skype sessions lol, my skype name is Heyitselmo so feel free to add me and send me a message so i know who you are lol

You got my word. We just gotta keep up the hard work and kill this thing.

I will send you a message on skype here in the near future.

hahaha yess i have to agree I love when patients become allergic to every possible drug and then, when you finally ask them so what are you not allergic to, they respond by saying... well i normally do okay when i have that drug that starts with a D, you know Dilaudid... I die every time

hahaha yess i have to agree I love when patients become allergic to every possible drug and then, when you finally ask them so what are you not allergic to, they respond by saying... well i normally do okay when i have that drug that starts with a D, you know Dilaudid... I die every time

They normally do okay with "D.....Dilaudid?!" lmao, stupid junkies. They should learn to never directly name/ suggest the drug you want to a doctor to prescribe you. They again, I'm from Florida and doctors don't really care here it seems, dillys are given out like candy. A friend of mine as a script he sells, and he's only 22 years old :scared:

You should've asked those "patients" to lift up their sleeves and show their arms, just to (indirectly) embarrass them :naughty:

Welcome ALL! Happy to see we have attracted more non-trads and people who are already a part of the healthcare team. The ER is cool but I couldn't do it. I've worked at level one trauma centers and of course we are there for every trauma call (c-spine, chest and abdomen/pelvis images) and then we see the patients for complete images as the doctors order.

I have seen so many crazy things in the ER but my favorite is as follows:

Patient: OMG I'm in pain, I need something for pain!

Doctor: Ok, I'll get you some Tylenol.

Patient: I'm allergic to Tylenol, I want Lortab.

Doctor: (kidding around) The active ingredient in Tylenol is the same as the active ingredient in Lortab, so you'd be allergic to both.

Patient: Ok, I'm no longer allergic to Tylenol!

Doctor: So I'll get you the Tylenol?

Patients: Noooo! I want 'em Tabs!!

I laughed so hard!!

Hey Shy, I'm sure you have some stories for us too -_-

Fin, you continue on that journey; those TBR passages get better over time.

Jamila, we don't have a Skype study group but I'm down to have something established whereby we can meet once per week or so to review, brainstorm, or work some questions.

Dx, that's a crazy schedule we all have to do what we have to do. Don't burn out though.

Coke aka Dudus, Translational Motion is my least favorite topic in physics, but TBR made it way better. I hope you crush those passages.

I'm doing TBR Bio chap. 4 today -_-

Wow! This group is hopping now! Yeah the ER is awesome, and I've got tons of stories too! It never gets old. I'm glad there are so many ER folks here. :)

We should do a study Skype session. That would be awesome! My skype name is StudyShy.

without a doubt, I am enjoying the group we have now... I almost don't want it to get too big haha b/c the cast we have is awesome.... I can't wait to check my scores today, but i have to finish up my 4 pg Spanish paper before midnight fml.. then starting up Day 2!!!!

Also I am down for skype weekly groups or as way to get help I am always on and if you have a problem w/ a questions odds are I want to know it b/c we may see it on the exam :p .... (skype name is: Heyitselmo)

I do enjoy when docs or even when nurses start making up random questions or tests to see if the patient is actually in pain or is just completely BS....

Dude in MI they are cracking down hard on the narcotics there allowed to prescribe, I am assuming this will begin to occur in other states but idk... With the PA's and Doc I work with the general rule is a fracture gets u a "vica-skittle"

edit: oh that nickname Aktion is awesome "Dudus" lol for all those who are curious like i was - https://www.google.com/search?q=Dudus&aq=f&oq=Dudus&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3.442&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
without a doubt, I am enjoying the group we have now... I almost don't want it to get too big haha b/c the cast we have is awesome.... I can't wait to check my scores today, but i have to finish up my 4 pg Spanish paper before midnight fml.. then starting up Day 2!!!!

Also I am down for skype weekly groups or as way to get help I am always on and if you have a problem w/ a questions odds are I want to know it b/c we may see it on the exam :p .... (skype name is: Heyitselmo)

I do enjoy when docs or even when nurses start making up random questions or tests to see if the patient is actually in pain or is just completely BS....

Dude in MI they are cracking down hard on the narcotics there allowed to prescribe, I am assuming this will begin to occur in other states but idk... With the PA's and Doc I work with the general rule is a fracture gets u a "vica-skittle"

edit: oh that nickname Aktion is awesome "Dudus" lol for all those who are curious like i was - https://www.google.com/search?q=Dudus&aq=f&oq=Dudus&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3.442&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Haha I thought you'd lie that.

I completed chapter 4 Bio today. Organic tomorrow, then I'll be 50% done w/ organic. Feels great to be progressing. Hope y'all are doing well w/ this Feline.

Haha I thought you'd lie that.

I completed chapter 4 Bio today. Organic tomorrow, then I'll be 50% done w/ organic. Feels great to be progressing. Hope y'all are doing well w/ this Feline.

Is that hinting that the test is a b*&tch or because it's MCAT?

Finishing the second 1/3 of the previous five chapters, it feels good to see my scores go up, even if it's not as much as I had hoped.

It feels like a continual pattern of test, revise, add more, test, revise, add more, ad infinitum.

I'm already looking forward to June 21st.

I hope everyone is accomplishing what they planned.

Finishing the second 1/3 of the previous five chapters, it feels good to see my scores go up, even if it's not as much as I had hoped.

It feels like a continual pattern of test, revise, add more, test, revise, add more, ad infinitum.

:laugh:

The latter haha. This is 620 Crush A Feline Street btw. This time, MCAT prep doesn't feel like such a loop because I mix it up so much due all the other things I have going on, plus I only have 6-8 hour days, 2-3 times per week.

The latter haha. This is 620 Crush A Feline Street btw. This time, MCAT prep doesn't feel like such a loop because I mix it up so much due all the other things I have going on, plus I only have 6-8 hour days, 2-3 times per week.

I get it now. Didn't get it before, lol. Very creative!

Haha really? Glad you like it.

What y'all doing today? O.Chem to the wold or me, chapt. 4. I have work at two so I hope I can get these 30 pages done.

Today I must finish O chem ch.2, second 1/3, then do review of missed questions on the previous 5 chapters. Then 3 verbal passages, then read some of TPRH's biology.

At work until 3, then I have 4-5 hours to slay this beast.

In bio class right now...will be hitting up EK bio. *again*

Sent from my LG-C800 using SDN Mobile

Haha really? Glad you like it.

What y'all doing today? O.Chem to the wold or me, chapt. 4. I have work at two so I hope I can get these 30 pages done.

Well i got a bit behind cuz i was back in town with my family who I had not seen in months but i am back at school so I can now be more focused. I

I still have to check my passage questions for TBR ch 1 of physics and chem after i finish up my orgo stuff for the day!!!! So i will be letting you guys know how that went... Though I did not enjoy that passage 7 TBR of chapter 1 for physics, hope I did well, I am stoked to see how it went.

Hope all of you guys are studying well. Also study and akiton i added both of you on skype so I am down for study reviews or even questions you may have, like i said I am always on skype :) ... Happy studies mates!

Well i got a bit behind cuz i was back in town with my family who I had not seen in months but i am back at school so I can now be more focused. I

I still have to check my passage questions for TBR ch 1 of physics and chem after i finish up my orgo stuff for the day!!!! So i will be letting you guys know how that went... Though I did not enjoy that passage 7 TBR of chapter 1 for physics, hope I did well, I am stoked to see how it went.

Hope all of you guys are studying well. Also study and akiton i added both of you on skype so I am down for study reviews or even questions you may have, like i said I am always on skype :) ... Happy studies mates!

Great to have a group dedicated to a specific exam date. Anyways, I am a lurker on SDN and a strategic blunder when it comes to MCAT (aka retaker). I am going to give SN2ed schedule a shot simply because I am familiar with the BR books and I love their approach especially in PS. I am waiting for BR books (PS and verbal), and I do have TBR bio and for organic I will resort to TPR or EK since it is 30% of the exam at most. As for verbal, it is a beast and verbal is exactly why I am re-taking (got 10-7-10) for PS, Verbal and BS. I am revamping my "active reading" skills by reading outside materials as well as work on strategies laid out in EK/KAPLAN/TPR. Turns out (and many have said this before) that verbal is mostly a skill based test which means one has to train the brain like a long distance runner. I will post what will work or not work for me as a I test out some the strategies I have put together either from SDN or review materials. I like the mapping aspect of Kaplan, the annotating aspect of TPR and the main idea aspect of EK. But the important thing is figuring out which of these are effective and that is what I am working on right now (I am starting studying today).

Let us continue to inspire each other and share some insights-----------------------------------oh and by way of introduction, I am also a non-trad and got my MPH about two years ago (so graduated college way back) and I have done lots of cancer research and also prior to that I was chasing HIV/AIDS in Africa (i.e. in the form of epi research). Anyways, the only thing standing between M.D. and myself is the MCAT and I have to finally defeat and conquer the MCAT (It is a battle and one that has to be won---I hate war but this is the only instance I will concoct such a negative analogy!!) Good luck to everyone out there! Work hard and never let up!

Great to have a group dedicated to a specific exam date. Anyways, I am a lurker on SDN and a strategic blunder when it comes to MCAT (aka retaker). I am going to give SN2ed schedule a shot simply because I am familiar with the BR books and I love their approach especially in PS. I am waiting for BR books (PS and verbal), and I do have TBR bio and for organic I will resort to TPR or EK since it is 30% of the exam at most. As for verbal, it is a beast and verbal is exactly why I am re-taking (got 10-7-10) for PS, Verbal and BS. I am revamping my "active reading" skills by reading outside materials as well as work on strategies laid out in EK/KAPLAN/TPR. Turns out (and many have said this before) that verbal is mostly a skill based test which means one has to train the brain like a long distance runner. I will post what will work or not work for me as a I test out some the strategies I have put together either from SDN or review materials. I like the mapping aspect of Kaplan, the annotating aspect of TPR and the main idea aspect of EK. But the important thing is figuring out which of these are effective and that is what I am working on right now (I am starting studying today).

Let us continue to inspire each other and share some insights-----------------------------------oh and by way of introduction, I am also a non-trad and got my MPH about two years ago (so graduated college way back) and I have done lots of cancer research and also prior to that I was chasing HIV/AIDS in Africa (i.e. in the form of epi research). Anyways, the only thing standing between M.D. and myself is the MCAT and I have to finally defeat and conquer the MCAT (It is a battle and one that has to be won---I hate war but this is the only instance I will concoct such a negative analogy!!) Good luck to everyone out there! Work hard and never let up!

Best of luck to you as well bud and feel free to ask any questions b/c i know i will be once i start getting deeper into my MCAT studies, also I think you are like the rest of us non-trad guys/gals who are just trying to pass this MCAT to start out MD/DO lives...

Feel free to also contact me via skype msg as well more then happy to help you, hope you will reciprocate the same feeling lol :) Skype name = Heyitselmo

Huge s/o to the non-trads! Welcome Philic; we have a nice little group here so we hope you'll help to make us even better.

Just a little motivational post:

Normally I'm up between 4:30-5:30 am, so I can get to work, get my work done and get back home and begin studying before I crash around 9 pm. Yesterday, I watched some videos on physics and revamped my note-taking/flash card process and let time slip away.

I'm pleased to report I found enough energy to power through TBR O Chem. Ch. 2 second 1/3 passages and saw a substantial rise in my scores. (going from 69% --> 83%). I completed the last passage and graded it right around 10:30-10:45. (I'm reviewing today after work).

I'm still taking nearly 10 minutes per passage with organic, and around that for Physics. I really want to see that drop to 7-9 mins/passage.

Today is TBR Gen Chem chapter 2 + 1/3 (and notes/flash cards).

Hope everyone else is being productive.

Just a little motivational post:

Normally I'm up between 4:30-5:30 am, so I can get to work, get my work done and get back home and begin studying before I crash around 9 pm. Yesterday, I watched some videos on physics and revamped my note-taking/flash card process and let time slip away.

I'm pleased to report I found enough energy to power through TBR O Chem. Ch. 2 second 1/3 passages and saw a substantial rise in my scores. (going from 69% --> 83%). I completed the last passage and graded it right around 10:30-10:45. (I'm reviewing today after work).

I'm still taking nearly 10 minutes per passage with organic, and around that for Physics. I really want to see that drop to 7-9 mins/passage.

Today is TBR Gen Chem chapter 2 + 1/3 (and notes/flash cards).

Hope everyone else is being productive.

That's really good man!! That's around where I am too. Today I completed O.Chem chapter 4 meaning I'm 50% done w/ O.Chem. Now I'm starting Physics chapter 4; 13 pages. Then work at 2pm.

Ok so I got the BR set from a friend today. The biology looks alot more detailed than Kaplan.

Planning on starting this Thursday after midterms.

That's really good man!! That's around where I am too. Today I completed O.Chem chapter 4 meaning I'm 50% done w/ O.Chem. Now I'm starting Physics chapter 4; 13 pages. Then work at 2pm.

I'm jealous of your progress, if only because you can begin gauging your weak areas. I want to get through content review quickly but I must take it a day at a time.

Nice work.

Hey All,
I know understanding concepts is imperative, but there are a few NEED TO KNOW equations. I am starting to compile a list of them so I have it any my repertoire for test day(can't believe I waited so long). If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Many equations will be given on test day, and some will not. I am focusing on the ones that will not be provided. I will be happy to share the list. Hopefully it is completed well before 6/20. Also, I downloaded a countdown app. Check out this screenshot. View attachment 22846

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1362515296.759760.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1362515296.759760.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 37
I'm jealous of your progress, if only because you can begin gauging your weak areas. I want to get through content review quickly but I must take it a day at a time.

Nice work.

Haha remember I'm not doing the second 1/3 until I'm done w/ content and the preparation gathers momentum as it progresses. Studying and understanding become so much easier as you progress. Promise!

Hey All,
I know understanding concepts is imperative, but there are a few NEED TO KNOW equations. I am starting to compile a list of them so I have it any my repertoire for test day(can't believe I waited so long). If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Many equations will be given on test day, and some will not. I am focusing on the ones that will not be provided. I will be happy to share the list. Hopefully it is completed well before 6/20. Also, I downloaded a countdown app. Check out this screenshot. View attachment 22846

Welcome! I'm getting that countdown app too. Your equations should follow practice and understanding. I have yet to study a formula. Yet having a list isn't a bad idea; just be careful not spend too much studying the equation sheet.

Haha remember I'm not doing the second 1/3 until I'm done w/ content and the preparation gathers momentum as it progresses. Studying and understanding become so much easier as you progress. Promise!

Welcome! I'm getting that countdown app too. Your equations should follow practice and understanding. I have yet to study a formula. Yet having a list isn't a bad idea; just be careful not spend too much studying the equation sheet.

Right, I completely agree. So far in my content review and practice I focus on understanding the concepts.

Not yet. Right now I'm sticking with 6/20. If I'm scoring in a good range like 30+ average by the 5/23 date, I'll try to make the switch.

Kinda lazy off...coz of a physics quiz...but no worries...today I shud be on target for TBR physics chapter 2 and 1/3

Not yet. Right now I'm sticking with 6/20. If I'm scoring in a good range like 30+ average by the 5/23 date, I'll try to make the switch.

Sounds good :thumbup:

Kinda lazy off...coz of a physics quiz...but no worries...today I shud be on target for TBR physics chapter 2 and 1/3

Come on Fin lol. It's all good, just catch up as soon as you can.

That's what's up. So did you reschedule?

How's everyone doing? Shy?

Reverted to EK for ochem. Just completed the second chapter. The EK ochem book is so short, and I felt like I was getting my arse kicked in TBR so though it was worth the time to review the bare bone basics. I'll be starting TBR bio chapter three today. Bed time will be 2-3 in the morning. I need to do a quick clean up around the house before hubby comes home. Legos everywhere. Bastard children, lol.

I figure, I'm at least a week behind schedule easily by now. I still plan to have content review done by the beginning of May. The hard part is balancing actually learning the material and just getting through all of it. I can rush through everything, but if I don't take the time to cement the info in my head, I'm hurting myself in the long run.

ya honestly by doing TBR passage, the equations become easier to remember..

Let me know what you guys think of my approach regarding timing is? so far I am not really timing myself on the first 1/3 of each chapter because honestly I don't expect to do well when I have not done many practice based questions. So I figure not time the first 1/3 of each chapter, and for the 2nd and last 1/3 I will be giving myself 8 mins per passage.

Also I hit a bit up a speed bum due to having to finish up my Spanish midterm paper but this is why I gave myself a 20 day extra window lol.. So far my Chem CH-1 passages were:
6/7 on passage #s 1,7,10
a 4/6 on passage #4.

I hated passage number 4 Q-26, thought it was awful. The question made me and my friend have an hour long debate.... our conclusion TBR ****ed up the Q lol... apparently there is a thread on that question too.

Reverted to EK for ochem. Just completed the second chapter. The EK ochem book is so short, and I felt like I was getting my arse kicked in TBR so though it was worth the time to review the bare bone basics. I'll be starting TBR bio chapter three today. Bed time will be 2-3 in the morning. I need to do a quick clean up around the house before hubby comes home. Legos everywhere. Bastard children, lol.

I figure, I'm at least a week behind schedule easily by now. I still plan to have content review done by the beginning of May. The hard part is balancing actually learning the material and just getting through all of it. I can rush through everything, but if I don't take the time to cement the info in my head, I'm hurting myself in the long run.

Ya trust me... establishing a good foundation is great but also keep doing practice based questions. I made the mistake of not doing enough for my first MCAT try and it really hurt me. Also have no worries studyshy we can all pull through, I have fallen behind as well and I am trying to get ahead b/c this weekend I work back to back 11-11 shifts ha, fml next month taking a much easier work schedule, can't wait for that!!!!

Ya trust me... establishing a good foundation is great but also keep doing practice based questions. I made the mistake of not doing enough for my first MCAT try and it really hurt me. Also have no worries studyshy we can all pull through, I have fallen behind as well and I am trying to get ahead b/c this weekend I work back to back 11-11 shifts ha, fml next month taking a much easier work schedule, can't wait for that!!!!

My 12-hour shifts kill me! And we can do this! You're totally right! :)

Grr I hate bio. Sub 60% on TBR passages, although it is hard to line them up with EK content. Bio is looking like my weakest area. I guess I know what I'll be doing over spring break! ;)