Official june/20/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UoCfin

Love that white coat
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY, TO FOLLOW THE OTHERS: I AM CREATING THE OFFICIAL JUNE/20/2013 MCAT TEST DAY THREAD.

First off: this is my birthday...so whooooooo...
Second,,,am choosing this late test date so that i can creat a gap between my class finals and my test date: taking three classes spring 2013.
Third:::need as much time as possible for this beast...

So, SNDers...please comment...tell us ur plans...study attitude...

Members don't see this ad.

I take mad notes; note taking works for me.

50, congrats on the new job. I hope you get even more time to study w/ this one. However, moving sucks!

Shy you are speeding along. Very nice.

Me too! The note taking part takes the LONGEST but it really helps me learn and familiarize myself with the content.

I take mad notes; note taking works for me.

50, congrats on the new job. I hope you get even more time to study w/ this one. However, moving sucks!

Shy you are speeding along. Very nice.

Thanks. It's a big step but should hopefully free me up for longer study sessions. I will only be working from Mon - Thurs, so Fri-Sun will be my time to pull double duty. That will really come in handy when I should start taking practice exams.

Moving does suck. We are writing out a plan for packing and what day we will make the 12-14 hr drive. Wish me luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck on the new job. I would be pooping myself if we had to move right now, and I had to start a new job! :luck:

Acktion, did you start with the first or the second TBR bio book? The first book (the molecular one) is hard. I did much better with the physiology book (did it last fall but I will have to review). :(

I can't believe that we have three months until the test. I feel that this is so little time. I'm also thinking that TBR and EK won't be enough for me, lol. I so badly want a >26 and an >30 would be REALLY nice!

Still working on chapter fours today and chapter two of TBR ochem, and this will take me the rest of the week. I've been spreading my time out between the subjects lately. And, I'm halfway done through the EK ochem 1001 book. This book goes fast so probably anyone could easily fit it in their schedule. I think that it helps me keep ochem topics fresh.

Good luck on the new job. I would be pooping myself if we had to move right now, and I had to start a new job! :luck:

Acktion, did you start with the first or the second TBR bio book? The first book (the molecular one) is hard. I did much better with the physiology book (did it last fall but I will have to review). :(

I can't believe that we have three months until the test. I feel that this is so little time. I'm also thinking that TBR and EK won't be enough for me, lol. I so badly want a >26 and an >30 would be REALLY nice!

Still working on chapter fours today and chapter two of TBR ochem, and this will take me the rest of the week. I've been spreading my time out between the subjects lately. And, I'm halfway done through the EK ochem 1001 book. This book goes fast so probably anyone could easily fit it in their schedule. I think that it helps me keep ochem topics fresh.

You can do this!! 26+ it totally within reach:)!

I started with the Physiology book; I am dreading the Molecular Biology book because the chapters are so long. The good thing though is that I am really good at Bio-Chem and Molecular Biology so it will be easy to read but man they are long.

Hey 50, I am sending 50 good luck your way lol.

Edit: Shy, a 26? You got that in the bag. My goal is a 35+. Now understand that it is a goal haha

Last edited:
Hi All, I'll likely be migrating to this thread if I can find a seat in my area for it (a seat opened earlier today, but I hesitated and then it was gone). I'm currently signed up for 5/11, but life got in the way of my MCAT prep and put me terribly off schedule. I'll be done with the class I'm taking on 25-Apr (I work full-time and part-time) and will take time off June 1 - 20 to work on apps and take full-length tests. Hoping to join all of you shortly. Aiming for a score of 30-33 (probably in line with most of the schools on my list). Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Hi All, I'll likely be migrating to this thread if I can find a seat in my area for it (a seat opened earlier today, but I hesitated and then it was gone). I'm currently signed up for 5/11, but life got in the way of my MCAT prep and put me terribly off schedule. I'll be done with the class I'm taking on 25-Apr (I work full-time and part-time) and will take time off June 1 - 20 to work on apps and take full-length tests. Hoping to join all of you shortly. Aiming for a score of 30-33 (probably in line with most of the schools on my list). Good luck to everyone!

Welcome! I read about your situation in the 5/11 thread; I hope it all works out. I also read about your app from the link in your signature. Looking good! Good Luck w/ everything.

Wow from the looks of it im Behind:eek::eek:... Im a 25 y/o AA male post-bac student registered for 6/20 as well.. Ive only gotten thru chapter 1 of TPRH book using Chad's Video... Apprently I need help!

Members don't see this ad :)
ek bio chapter 3...done before flight....
now in mitcham, UK...
jet lag finally wears off...
time for some TBR

Just signed up for the test !!!!!! This is my second time taking the test.... bombed the Verbal the first time around. Good luck everyone.
Let's get this done

Hey guys, I've been out of the game for some time and was not offered an acceptance this year so I am going to unfortunately have to retake the MCAT since mine will be expiring. I signed up for this date and am hoping to score >31 which was my last score from 2011. Unfortunately, I had 3 months dedicated to that and now I am working full time (3-4 days/12 hour shifts a week) so I was wondering if there are any tips to maximize my time and score, especially since I've taken all of these CBT practice tests (although it's been 2 years)

I started with the Physiology book; I am dreading the Molecular Biology book because the chapters are so long. The good thing though is that I am really good at Bio-Chem and Molecular Biology so it will be easy to read but man they are long.

Hey 50, I am sending 50 good luck your way lol.

Edit: Shy, a 26? You got that in the bag. My goal is a 35+. Now understand that it is a goal haha
That would be so awesome for both of us if we got the scores that we needed! :)

Anyone did an official FL test yet? If yes, what are your scores?
No, I'm not even clos to taking a FL.

Wow from the looks of it im Behind:eek::eek:... Im a 25 y/o AA male post-bac student registered for 6/20 as well.. Ive only gotten thru chapter 1 of TPRH book using Chad's Video... Apprently I need help!

ek bio chapter 3...done before flight....
now in mitcham, UK...
jet lag finally wears off...
time for some TBR

Have fun in the UK!

Just signed up for the test !!!!!! This is my
second time taking the test.... bombed the Verbal the first time around. Good luck everyone.
Let's get this done

Hey guys, I've been out of the game for some time and was not offered an acceptance this year so I am going to unfortunately have to retake the MCAT since mine will be expiring. I signed up for this date and am hoping to score >31 which was my last score from 2011. Unfortunately, I had 3 months dedicated to that and now I am working full time (3-4 days/12 hour shifts a week) so I was wondering if there are any tips to maximize my time and score, especially since I've taken all of these CBT practice tests (although it's been 2 years)
Awe man, that sucks. Glad to have ya though!

Welcome to all the new people. June is the best!

I don't think that you're behind. Most of us started early since it seems like this group has a lot of outside commitments d/t being non-traditionals. Personally, I felt like I needed the extra time to study. We still have three months until the test. ;).............Awe freakn out....only three months until the test! :scared:

Amazing how hard it is to free up personal life for the MCAT. Thanks for your kind words.
I'm sure we are all going to rock it.

Now all that is left is for me to find a seat, finish content review, and get started on those practice test after Apr-25.

Welcome! I read about your situation in the 5/11 thread; I hope it all works out. I also read about your app from the link in your signature. Looking good! Good Luck w/ everything.

What do you mean you need help? Are you saying you are using TPRH SW and your scores aren't what you desire?

Just signed up for the test !!!!!! This is my second time taking the test.... bombed the Verbal the first time around. Good luck everyone.
Let's get this done

Second time for me too!

That sucks that you have to retake but you can take at least some comfort in the fact that a lot of people within this group are pulling other obligations such as full time jobs and families.

I have so much in common with the people in this group. Post-bacc, non-trad, working, family......

MCAT inspirational quote for the day from Kaplan:

"When you stop learning you stop living in any viral and meaningful sense."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm currently studying magnetism. Then
I'll take a magnetism quiz. Then do a couple verbal passages, then finish a biology chapter on respiration.
Good luck today everyone:)!

Alright, I woke up this morning with the testing center nearest to me having this date available. I'm in disbelief. I'm now officially a part of this group. I feel special!

Definitely way more non-trads here (went back and read some of the posts). Glad to have a lot in common with folks... balancing a job and life happening can get rough. I'm taking a week off MCAT stuff to deal with my chemistry class and other items. Will be back to aggressive MCAT studying in a week.

This definitely seems like the non-trad date, haha. Funny it worked out that way ;)

Definitely way more non-trads here (went back and read some of the posts). Glad to have a lot in common with folks... balancing a job and life happening can get rough. I'm taking a week off MCAT stuff to deal with my chemistry class and other items. Will be back to aggressive MCAT studying in a week.

Right there with ya. Have been completely caught up until this week. Have two exams so gonna put the MCAT stuff to the side until next week then get back at it! Only 5 weeks left in the semester, it went so fast!

What's up y'all? I just came back from a doctors appt and I have serious work obligations so no MCAT today. Tomorrow i'll be doing the 1/3s for chapter 5.

Have a good day!

Nah, same here bud.

I was thinking I'm behind since I'm only 1-3 chapters into each book. We're right on schedule, take a look at the 3 month adaptation of the SN2 schedule. Good luck :thumbup:

MCAT inspirational quote for the day from Kaplan:

"When you stop learning you stop living in any viral and meaningful sense."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm currently studying magnetism. Then
I'll take a magnetism quiz. Then do a couple verbal passages, then finish a biology chapter on respiration.
Good luck today everyone:)!
:thumbup:

Alright, I woke up this morning with the testing center nearest to me having this date available. I'm in disbelief. I'm now officially a part of this group. I feel special!

Yay! What a relief! Phew! :)

This definitely seems like the non-trad date, haha. Funny it worked out that way ;)
Weird, eh? I don't think that most MCAT groups have SO many!

School and MCAT=very difficult!

Right there with ya. Have been completely caught up until this week. Have two exams so gonna put the MCAT stuff to the side until next week then get back at it! Only 5 weeks left in the semester, it went so fast!
Yeah, I can't belive that it is almost April already. Time flies.

What's up y'all? I just came back from a doctors appt and I have serious work obligations so no MCAT today. Tomorrow i'll be doing the 1/3s for chapter 5.

Have a good day!
Good luck on the first 1/3s of chapter fives!

Nah, same here bud.

I was thinking I'm behind since I'm only 1-3 chapters into each book. We're right on schedule, take a look at the 3 month adaptation of the SN2 schedule. Good luck :thumbup:
Yeah, we have three months left so if people start now, they should be good. :)

Hello Everyone,

I was registered for April 26th Mcat. But, because of school, work and volunteering I don't fell prepared so, I changed my registration and just registered for this date. I am retaking the MCAT. Took my MCAT last July and got 25 (PS-12, VR-4:oops::(, BS-09). Goal this time is 30-35. I took TPR class last summer, which I thought was a waste of 2000 dollars. I also used Examcrackers for practice last time. I am going to use TPR and TBR for prep this time. I am hoping to be finished with content review by April. Good luck guys!

Hello Everyone,

I was registered for April 26th Mcat. But, because of school, work and volunteering I don't fell prepared so, I changed my registration and just registered for this date. I am retaking the MCAT. Took my MCAT last July and got 25 (PS-12, VR-4:oops::(, BS-09). Goal this time is 30-35. I took TPR class last summer, which I thought was a waste of 2000 dollars. I also used Examcrackers for practice last time. I am going to use TPR and TBR for prep this time. I am hoping to be finished with content review by April. Good luck guys!

Welcome!! How far have you gotten so far in your preparation? This is a great group of people. You'll like it here! :)

Physics Book 1 = done...*except some passages*
Off to finish book 1 for all chapters before springbreak is over on the 25th

Sent from my LG-C800 using SDN Mobile

Yes, this thread is amazing.
PS (My strongest section);
Chemistry: Done with content review from both Berkeley review books. I have done first set of passages for most of the chapters.
Physics: Done with first book, finished until fluids in book 2. Did the first 25 questions drill until Fluids.
BS:
Organic Chemistry: Done with book 1 of TBR. Also finished first set of passages.
Biology: I am using my systems physiology book for review. I am taking Biochemistry class in my college. So, I should be fine with Biochemistry section in biology. Not mush passages done in this section.
VS:
Not much done here. I took couple of practice exams from Examcrackers 101 passages. Got 7 and 8. I will be working on my verbal hardcore for the last couple of months. (Anything above 9 will be gladly accepted :))

Hi everyone, I'm currently signed up for March 23 MCAT but as of last week, I've felt I am unprepared for the MCAT this week. Since I can't see how many seats are left on AAMC site, can anyone here on this thread possibly check and see if there are any seats available for June 20? Preferably in California/WestCoast/Arizona but I'm sure CA seats are probably all gone....

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I'm currently signed up for March 23 MCAT but as of last week, I've felt I am unprepared for the MCAT this week. Since I can't see how many seats are left on AAMC site, can anyone here on this thread possibly check and see if there are any seats available for June 20? Preferably in California/WestCoast/Arizona but I'm sure CA seats are probably all gone....

Thanks!

The first four seats in Cali for 8 AM on June 20, 2012 show availability. I checked Fair Oaks and San Diego. It looks good. :)

Yes, this thread is amazing.
PS (My strongest section);
Chemistry: Done with content review from both Berkeley review books. I have done first set of passages for most of the chapters.
Physics: Done with first book, finished until fluids in book 2. Did the first 25 questions drill until Fluids.
BS:
Organic Chemistry: Done with book 1 of TBR. Also finished first set of passages.
Biology: I am using my systems physiology book for review. I am taking Biochemistry class in my college. So, I should be fine with Biochemistry section in biology. Not mush passages done in this section.
VS:
Not much done here. I took couple of practice exams from Examcrackers 101 passages. Got 7 and 8. I will be working on my verbal hardcore for the last couple of months. (Anything above 9 will be gladly accepted :))

Worddd!! You are way ahead by the way. :thumbup:

Hey everyone seems like more people are joining this group, and that's awesome seems like a lot of us are non-trad takers.... Me and Akiton are still trying to get skype groups going lol, so if anyone is down feel free to let us know. We can just either chat about Qs or discuss topics

Yesterday I checked my physics ch 2 first 1/3 passages (1,4,7,10) and got a:
(4/7) (4/7) (5/7) (7/7) ... checked what i did wrong w/ the first 2 passages and why I got them wrong and learned my mistake. Then for the next two I got much better scores!!!! love seeing improvement.

I also went over my Gen-chem ch 2 first 1/3 passages (1,4,8,10,13) and got a:
Got a (6/8) (6/7) (6/6) (7/7) and (6/7) I WAS SO surprised about these scores. When I was done, I felt like i got owned, but no sir I owned them!

No MCAT studying until i get off of work, hate 12 hour shifts, but after work I will try and finish up my review day for all the chapter one content and hope to be done Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Hey All,

I found this thread and decided to join SDN! After a long night of thinking I finally switched my test date from April 27th to June 20th. I am really hesitant about having a later date but taking 18 units and somehow trying to find enough hours in the day to study was getting too stressful. Any motivation is much appreciated!!!

Happy studying!

Hey All,

I found this thread and decided to join SDN! After a long night of thinking I finally switched my test date from April 27th to June 20th. I am really hesitant about having a later date but taking 18 units and somehow trying to find enough hours in the day to study was getting too stressful. Any motivation is much appreciated!!!

Happy studying!

Welcome to 620 Crush A Feline Street! Most people here are parents or/and work full time jobs so we can definitely relate to you. Along w/ those, I have other obligations. We got this though. Join the conversation and let's help get each other across the finish line.

Physics Book 1 = done...*except some passages*
Off to finish book 1 for all chapters before springbreak is over on the 25th

Sent from my LG-C800 using SDN Mobile
Physics book 1 = done
Ochem book 1 = done

Off to last section in Genchem book 1
And chapter 4 of EKbio

Hey Everyone,

Love reading through all your posts. Everyone seems so positive and supportive. :)

Two questions: 1) How are you all keeping the material fresh? Are you reviewing everything once a week, flashcards, notes what?
2) How do you review any mistakes you make on practice passages?

I feel like doing enough review is very important...

Thanks and happy study saturday!

Physics book 1 = done
Ochem book 1 = done

Off to last section in Genchem book 1
And chapter 4 of EKbio

:thumbup: Get the Fin. How are you scoring on your 1/3rds and how is Europe?

Hey Everyone,

Love reading through all your posts. Everyone seems so positive and supportive. :)

Two questions: 1) How are you all keeping the material fresh? Are you reviewing everything once a week, flashcards, notes what?

Welcome to the Lion's Den! Yeah, this is a pretty cool group of prospective physicians I must say. I have a review day every week that I skim the chapter and my notes but I redo all the in chapter questions in TBR. Every now and then I would type my notes from my notebook which helps to refresh older topics. When I am post-gaming my passages, I take notes on whatever I learn, including the information from questions I got wrong.

Hey Everyone,

Similar to Aktion. I have a review day each week where I go back through my notes and will peruse the TBR chapter examples, especially for my trouble chapters (I hate solubility). I make sure to scribble down any passage problems I get wrong for stupid reasons so I don't do so again in the future.

Once spring semester is over I will have a lot more time so I plan on hitting my weak points hard right before starting FL's.

:thumbup: Get the Fin. How are you scoring on your 1/3rds and how is Europe?

Welcome to the Lion's Den! Yeah, this is a pretty cool group of prospective physicians I must say. I have a review day every week that I skim the chapter and my notes but I redo all the in chapter questions in TBR. Every now and then I would type my notes from my notebook which helps to refresh older topics. When I am post-gaming my passages, I take notes on whatever I learn, including the information from questions I got wrong.
1/3rds are not bad...will post grades soon.
London was nice... the weather wasn't as cold as Chicago.

As for dedicated2be: this is my 3rd review company *and i still feel like i need more work to do* But the improvement is evident.

Worddd!! You are way ahead by the way. :thumbup:

Yes! I have quite a few exams coming up in next couple of weeks, so I won't be able to study for the MCATs and then in the begining of May I got finals for my classes, so again will be sacrificing my MCAT time. My goal is to get done with the content review before April and then just keep on practicing and give full lengths and focus on post game analysis (one of the reason for my poor score first time :()

People in the 3/23 thread are saying the exam was tough, except for Entadus of course lol. This makes me wanna work a little harder; in other words, I am little nervous haha

People in the 3/23 thread are saying the exam was tough, except for Entadus of course lol. This makes me wanna work a little harder; in other words, I am little nervous haha
Haha, yeah, I predict good scores for him. :)

physics book 1=done
gen-chem book 1=done
o-chem book 1=done

spring break paid off....

Good work!!! :)

Do any of you have a rather sparse background in biology, especially the intro material? I haven't had intro to bio for over 10 years and I am finding that EK just isn't enough. I'm gonna start going through the content in TBR Bio and see if I like that. I had physiology last summer so I'm not worried about that part. I'm wondering if maybe I should pick up TPR Bio as I have heard they do a nice job.

Do any of you have a rather sparse background in biology, especially the intro material? I haven't had intro to bio for over 10 years and I am finding that EK just isn't enough. I'm gonna start going through the content in TBR Bio and see if I like that. I had physiology last summer so I'm not worried about that part. I'm wondering if maybe I should pick up TPR Bio as I have heard they do a nice job.

I use TBR for everything including Bio; it takes a long time because some chapters are upwards of 50 pages but I love it and have invested the time and I like the returns.

Today was my day off. I have a busy wkn coming up so I will be jumping right back in tomorrow. I am officially 55% done w/ content. It feels good to be over 50% complete. Hope all is well y'all.