*** Official NYCOM Class of 2010 *** pt. 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the ICC thing on Monday is mandatory??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm short 2 points on both
Hmmm. I guess we should let them know. After several of us notify them, they'll probably realize they did something incorrectly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys:)Does anybody know what kind of questions Dr.Mcwhinney usually asks on the test? power points?reading assignment?...I AM LOST!!!:confused:

Was anything important said during the 1-2pm ICC meeting?

For those of you who are missing points on the test... I emailed and got this response: Recently, you inquired about a discrepancy in your posted guru score.
Your concerns are very important to us. We are reviewing the matter and
will provide you with an update tomorrow.

I don't know if they are looking into everyone's or just the people who emailed, but I would definitely let them know if you are missing points

For those of you who are missing points on the test... I emailed and got this response: Recently, you inquired about a discrepancy in your posted guru score.
Your concerns are very important to us. We are reviewing the matter and
will provide you with an update tomorrow.

I don't know if they are looking into everyone's or just the people who emailed, but I would definitely let them know if you are missing points

That's weird...I emailed them and went upstairs today to talk to Dr. Bryant in person and I didn't get an email!

I found a great deal for anyone who wants ms office 2007. Microsoft is offering this to all college students (ie anyone with a working edu email address) for $60. Its the ultimate version. Just go to www.theultimatesteal.com and use your nyit email address.

Scores updated! Yay! :clap: They were off by way more than 2 points!

why do they keep changing the goddamned lecture schedule??? for those of us in DPC, for whom 100% (not 80%, but granted we have like 3 lectures a week...) are mandatory, changing when we have to be there last minute is total bull$hit. Bull$hit i say! especially considering our schedules are so random and f'd up already, and parts of them have to be coordinated with medical offices.

grar.

oh, and i renewed my ordination. i'm an officially recognized minister if anyone needs religious excuses signed. hehehehe.

hi guys,

i skipped the afternoon lectures yesterday, does anyone know what happened to the 3pm lecture on arrythmias? its not posted in the movies website...was it even given??
thanks!

why do they keep changing the goddamned lecture schedule??? for those of us in DPC, for whom 100% (not 80%, but granted we have like 3 lectures a week...) are mandatory, changing when we have to be there last minute is total bull$hit. Bull$hit i say! especially considering our schedules are so random and f'd up already, and parts of them have to be coordinated with medical offices.

grar.

oh, and i renewed my ordination. i'm an officially recognized minister if anyone needs religious excuses signed. hehehehe.

There haven't been any changes in anatomy or omm lectures. What are you talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
There haven't been any changes in anatomy or omm lectures. What are you talking about?

turns out it was a mistake in the DPC schedule, not a lecture schedule change.

there do seem to be a lot of changes in the lecture schedule, though.

I was surprised when Dr. Stepp said yesterday that "50 people scored below 70," on the first exam. He didn't specify cardio or resp., but either way, looks like mandatory attendance is definitely helping. :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

Damn didn't see the smiley....my bad

hey guys quick question if the 2011 class is 295 people how many honor? i have heard ten percent and i have also heard top 50...thanks

hey guys quick question if the 2011 class is 295 people how many honor? i have heard ten percent and i have also heard top 50...thanks
Top 10%.

so in between playing halo3 and studying i read something in youman's packet for this test that im kinda confused about.

on page 10 of the reading (not the powerpoint), there's a line in the 5th paragraph that says "...pulse pressures are lower in a more highly compliant system and larger in a less compliant system."

why would pulse pressures be lower in a highly compliant system?...shouldnt it be higher because it can stretch out more with each pulse?

A highly compliant system would allow for more 'recoil', which would then allow for greater diameter of blood flow. Greater diameter at any given moment would result in a lower pressure because of less resistance. A less compliant system has a reduced recoil which would create greater resistance resulting in a higher pulse pressure.

ok i think i see what you're saying...thanks for the help.

anyone know what the practical part of our next exam is going to be like? The usual anatomy and omm parts?

anyone know what the practical part of our next exam is going to be like? The usual anatomy and omm parts?

No clue what's going to be on OMM since we've already been tested on Ribs. As for anatomy, it will be line neuro anatomy was. They'll give us pictures w/ multiple choice, and it will be a station in the OMM lab during your OMM practical time. They said it'll be something like 15 ?s and it will be the exact pictures that are on noodle.

Do u know if there going to be X-rays on the practical?

Anyone know what book we need for the medical spanish course?

Anyone know what book we need for the medical spanish course?

Sorry this is a little late, but you need a book, that's at the bookstore for $35. It is posted on noodle, but a lot of people didn't see it.

um, so at least NYCOM's administration and it's infinite wisdom decided to close the study room after oct. 15th until further notice. why didn't they decide to do this over the summer or even after boards were taken?...well, that would make too much sense. and they REALLY expect us to study in the NYCOMII auditorium...no outlets, barely any proper lighting, desks the size of a post it.

student revolt anyone?:mad:

Since clearly none of our complaining will change anything (it never does). I suggest we file a class action law suit for loss of our future earnings.
Since all of this invasion on our board studying (starting with the attendence policy and probably NOT ending with the study room closures) and will result in a crappy boards score---> we'll be stuck in residencies we don't want---> wont get the fellowships we want-->will make less money.
Anyone have a good lawyer?

we had a lawyer in our class that tried to argue breach of contract when they changed our schedule from blocks to systems.. what do you think happened? :thumbdown:

The lawsuit is a good idea. we can probably add harrasment in there. this is getting ridiculous.

Its like Scandals wants us to fail our boards, and NYCOM to lose their accreditation. I am pretty sure the school is already on probation for having low board scores. The constant student abuse is NOT going to help.

Linda said this summer they had some problems with the crews so they couldnt do it. WHO CARES do it next summer. But they have this BS of improving the darn ICC, who the f*ck needs a bigger ICC.
The whole program is fun but USELESS waste of time, we dont need it for step 1. and i am pretty sure the few hours i had in ICC over 2 years will NOT help me on rotations.

Note to all NYCOM prospects. DONT GO TO NYCOM. they are proving themselves horrible to the students. constantly screwing with us. PICK A BETTER SCHOOL. Now there is Tuoro in Manhattan, go there.

we had a lawyer in our class that tried to argue breach of contract when they changed our schedule from blocks to systems.. what do you think happened? :thumbdown:

I think that is different, since they can say it is proven to improve your scores. alot of schools do it so i am sure there is SOME proof of its benefit.

What they are doing to us is clearly negative.

There is no need for this construction NOW, can be done next summer, christmas break or whatever.

We PAID for use of these facilities and they cannot just blatantly deny us that.

This is a warning to all NYCOM students that love to get to the library in the morning, acquire a desk, then render it useless all day by sequestering it by leaving a notebook or packet or whatever while you're not there for 3 hours so that you can come back and use it anytime you want. Everytime I go to the library to study, it looks like it's empty, but as I walk around every single desk has 1 or 2 personal items on it, "reserving" it for the entire day. I've put up with this for awhile without saying/doing anything. But with the closure of the study room, this will push even more students to the library to study. You may find your stuff missing or piled all onto one desk. Stop being selfish and let others use the study space. Don't say I didn't warn you.

If you're on facebook, join the group! I don't want to post the link, so do a search, you'll find it. We can't let this happen!

guys, its futile. honestly. they closed the study room on us too, to put in the new cubbies and that fabulous tile floor that makes a beautiful sound with girls high heels stomping on it all day. (who wears high heels to study anyway?) but what do you think you are going to change? why is that room so crucial to your board studying? sh-t happens. it is what it is. dont let it derail you from your ultimate goal - doing well on your boards and getting the F out of here. im not trying to be a jerk, just trying to be honest. im telling you, there is nothing you can do about it, because nycom really doesnt care. your gonna run out of breath complaining, just as every class before you has.

I hear school flooded again, including the lecture halls. You know what this means for awhile :barf:

I hear school flooded again, including the lecture halls. You know what this means for awhile :barf:

I heard 1.5 ft of water in NYCOM II.. :( I am guessing this happened last year to you guys? What happened then? Move to Riland?

So this year, they had a fire which caused all kinds of power problems, then this flood...I am dying to see which other sign of the apocalypse manifests...Maybe a swarm of locusts descending on Nycom I :laugh:

Yup, happened last year. The lecture hall smelled like ass for a while. The basement still floods all the time, at least they had a wonderful solution for that...a bucket and papertowels as well as painting over the rust on the wall.

am guessing this happened last year to you guys? What happened then?

They should work on fixing the problems present at the school instead of wasting money on crap we don't need...like more ICC rooms. :thumbdown:

Maybe a swarm of locusts descending on Nycom I

:laugh:

Anyone know if they are still having the reviews tomorrow or has everything been cancelled?

Anyone know if they are still having the reviews tomorrow or has everything been cancelled?

Just got the 10:28pm Oct 11th email from Scandalis. Seems like everything is cancelled unless he replies to Domenico's email. Not cool especially for cancelling OMM review.

Anatomy is in Riland building so not sure why the dean is saying that is closed. we don't need that anyways.

Maybe a swarm of locusts descending on Nycom I :laugh:

you mean the swarms of evil wasps/bees/whatever-they-were-f'ing-scaries wasn't that already?

so, careful, everyone. watch for boils.

and, there's a difference between one lawyer turned student arguing with the administration and an actual filed lawsuit. if NYCOM thought there was any chance they could lose money to us (say at minimum our second year tuition because of gross breach of contract and lack of provision of promised services btwn the attendance crap, the room closures, etc. etc....) then they'd sit up and listen. if they had something to lose: both money and the fact that the lawsuit would publicize how little regard they have for us.

if we get one of those going AND get a religious discrimination suit (because you can get excuses for the celebrations of some religions but not others -- if you're of a faith without "leader" like quaker or some forms of buddhist, zoroastrian, wiccan, etc. you have no one to sign your excuse form) going through the ACLU at the same time...wham-bam.

So there's no reviews today at all? Was counting on that OMM review... :thumbdown:

According to Claire, "As Dr. Scandalis informed you in the e-mail that he sent to the class this evening, in-person reviews scheduled for tomorrow are cancelled. All questions should be referred to the individual faculty member via e-mail."

such bull$hit

According to Claire, "As Dr. Scandalis informed you in the e-mail that he sent to the class this evening, in-person reviews scheduled for tomorrow are cancelled. All questions should be referred to the individual faculty member via e-mail."

such bull$hit

well, you know what this means...we either have to send so many questions that it overwhelms every OMM/anatomy/regular faculties' wimpy little disk quota, or we go to campus anyway, and line up outside their offices and bombard w/questions.

So there's no reviews today at all? Was counting on that OMM review... :thumbdown:
Yeah I hear Ya!!! No Review, No Retakes, I feel like we are being set up for failure. So if we only fail the practical, do we fail the entire course??

I doubt there is a point emailing Dr. Bryant or the Dean. I was up her her office once complaining that I missed attendance by 2 min. (clearly this was a while ago since at this point I realize they dont give a ****.). So anyway I got to her office and she was on the phone with someone talking about the attendance policy and said something to the effect that, the students are complaing so much that she just doesnt reply to her emails.
I think thats what they are both doing at this point. Infact they probably have a junk mail filter that moves all our e-mails straight to the trash bin.

Just wanted to let you all know... a classmate ran into the omm fellows trying to convince claire bryant and dr. scandalis to let them do a review. They said no, and that there is a possibility that the building won't be open on monday. If this is the case, everyone will be taking the written in the Riland Auditorium, and the practical will be moved to a later date. They said to watch our emails. At least if this happens, we will have a chance to get a review before the practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.