Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is everyone up to? When do classes start again?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends. I got dumped yesterday... and part of it has to do with the bf not being where he needs to be in preparation for applications while I am in a good place to apply (not in a bitter way, but he dramatically needs to change and learn to work, focus, re-take classes, etc.). I don't know why I felt like posting here, but I felt like typing that out. There's no lack of love, we've been together a year, just bad timing and some self-improvement that needs to come first. So it goes

It's good to get it off your chest. Thanks for not making a new thread.

@NotASerialKiller PC (not about computers) bump!

bcbef230953a01332f6f005056a9545d

Reactions: 1 user
Don't forget Dr. Pimple Popper

Thanks @Lost in Translation . It's really hard to look forward to my future when it felt for a long time (and when we spoke about it) like our futures would involve supporting each other. It's almost harder to end a relationship in the middle of loving each other and having fun than if something bad happened, or if we fell out of love. But he is super not in a good place and it's at the point where he can't be 100% emotionally committed to me while doing what he needs to do. I also think that me being in a good place sort of reminds him of what he doesn't like about himself/his lack of commitment to school early on/the long road ahead to his dream. You'd like to think a strong relationship survives this but sometimes you have to let a person withdraw into themselves, work on their struggles, and not be so involved. Sorry for venting guys, and I'll probably delete this in a moment.

Get to where you want to be (accepted to med school?) and then reach out as a friend and help him with his app?

image.jpeg
Curious... If you troll a troll... Is that trollception?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really only speak sarcasm for the most part. So rip to the future me getting banned when my sarcasm is interpret as troll life :(

As most 20 something females do, I blame my father for this.

I really only speak sarcasm for the most part. So rip to the future me getting banned when my sarcasm is interpret as troll life :(

As most 20 something females do, I blame my father for this.

I think you'll be fine. But avoid responding to trolls. Just report the post and move on.

Reactions: 1 users
Got started on a new series. Got the 600 page book Saturday, started reading Sunday and I'm done with it already. And this is why I'm up at 3am :borg:

What book was it?

It's called Feed by Mira Grant. Newsflesh series. It's a sci fi political thriller. Looks at how the US would handle politics and public health after a zombie outbreak. Just got the second book today. She's written another series's called Parasitology that addresses biomedical ethics.

I read weird things.

Has anybody heard of that neurology resident that went crazy on a Uber driver?

Y'all... my room smells like white Tic-Tacs and I can't find the source. I think I am losing my mind!

((It is not white Tic-Tacs... I have not purchased those yummy things in forever!))

I am okay with the pimple popping, but when she starts ripping off toe nails, I start to lose my lunch... :barf:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=dr pimple popper rip off toenails

Anyone here have experience ripping off a toenail? (Yours or a patients???) Seems like the most unpleasant thing in the world to me (aside from a nasal intubation :eek:)
Ripped off my fiancés blackened infected toenail. He's an electrician and wears boots all day so his feet are all torn up.

I found it very oddly satisfying to pull it out.

I am okay with the pimple popping, but when she starts ripping off toe nails, I start to lose my lunch... :barf:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=dr pimple popper rip off toenails

Anyone here have experience ripping off a toenail? (Yours or a patients???) Seems like the most unpleasant thing in the world to me (aside from a nasal intubation :eek:)

Sounds like a form of medieval torture to me. I think she delegates that task to her husband though.

1. Clickbait title - check
2. Poll unrelated to title - check
3. Unrelated to pre-allo - check
4. First response is an image - check
5. Link in first post only tangentially related to both title and poll - check

Looks like an average pre-allo thread to me.

Going to merge with social thread

Reactions: 1 users