Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think Steve Kerr should sacrifice Mo Speights and Festus. Have them knock LeBron down during a boxout or rebound and have them both step over him. Both will be ejected, but that's okay! At least LeBron will know how it feels like to be disrespected like that. I just get so angry every time I see the replay of that! Ughhh :boom:
Draymond will watch the game at the Oakland Coliseum lol
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/6/...spension-oracle-arena-fine-athletics-coliseum

Members don't see this ad.

Wait now i'm confused.

1. Since the term soccer came from the UK, why was it adopted by the US to specifically refer to association football, while handegg = American football? This would mean American football came before soccer

2. And how isn't it? Football = kicking the ball with your feet. It's a direct meaning that fits well with the sport... and is completely opposite to how American football is played.
Because for a while, the UK used either soccer or football to refer to the game played with your feet. The US primarily used 'soccer', and then developed their own sport called simply 'football'. When the UK decided to go with 'football' exclusively, the US stuck with 'soccer' because they had come up with their own football in the meantime.

Members don't see this ad :)
@fancymylotus if I'm flossing with a floss stick (with the disposable heads), am I getting any benefit by dunking the head in a cup of Listerine after I rinse it before moving on to the next tooth gap?

So who here has been playing overwatch?

Such a good game

Unless you reformat your first post to make the question relevant to premed interests, your thread is likely to moved to another location. What is the point of the inquiry?

My handwriting, BTW, is 100% legible, a fact that gets me many comments from those assuming horrific handwriting comes with med school graduation.

Reactions: 1 users
IMO pretty bad, but I've never been told it's illegible, just ugly.

Amazing. I spent all of my gen-ed classes freshman year practicing cursive. It's not that hard to learn. I think cursive is a bit easier to write well in. It's worth it imo, it lets you go over your notes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine gets worse by the day as I try to stay up to speed while taking notes.

Very good. I value good penmanship and so strive to write in such a manner.

Anytime someone reads my writing they have to really focus if that tells you anything. If I know someone is going to read it I do attempt to make it more legible but I still get weird looks sometimes.

I was raised in a foreign country where you take penmanship like you take English classes until high school. I only write in cursive, and only in pen, fountain preferred. My handwriting is beautiful, it's something I've been trained to constantly work at. (still trying to surpass my mom)
I hope to instill the same into my kids, but afraid the American education system will undermine me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Excellent. Comes from taking all notes by hand + the written exams as a literature major.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, my signature is illegible because I have to sign my name about a dozen or so times a week, but my actual handwriting is excellent because what we write in official documents has to be legible or you have to write it again. I don't like doing things twice.

Also, when we wrote poorly in boot camp, they used it as an excuse to beat us. I like to work out, but hours of bear crawls over some sloppy writing doesn't do it for me.

My handwriting is actually pretty good.

Last edited:
Unless you reformat your first post to make the question relevant to premed interests, your thread is likely to moved to another location. What is the point of the inquiry?

My handwriting, BTW, is 100% legible, a fact that gets me many comments from those assuming horrific handwriting comes with med school graduation.

Was shadowing a doc and boy their handwriting was hard to read. Was curious as to see how future docs here write, Maybe if bad hand writing occurs in med school etc

I take a lot of pride in my handwriting. It's a hybrid cursive, but I've done a lot of calligraphy work for my fine arts program and refined my skills and font to something more of a stylized calibri. A lot of my co-workers think it is very beautiful, but struggle to read longer passages at times

One of the (MANY) things I have learned not to do from working in pharmacy is to **** up when writing SIG's, DEA, NPI, etc. It's not that difficult to take a few seconds to make your numbers and letters legible and it will save your patients/PharmD colleagues hours of grief when they try to get a hold of you for the scribbled directions no one can read.

My handwriting has been the same since the 3rd grade sadly. My mom calls it "Chicken scratch". Meanwhile, this girl I know has handwriting that is just majestic. It looks like the grass from an African savanna swaying in the wind to the right. It's breathtaking

Merged handwriting thread into social thread
Hajj, this is always so confusing! Can't the merged posts all go in at the end or something?

Sent from my phone, I apologize for any typos or brevity.

Help me think of something positive. I'm having difficulty conjuring a patronus.
I dunno man... I mean the Ws offense was fine early but they were not making wide open shots in the 1st Q and that's why they fell behind 31-11. Plus there were some bogus run stopping fouls on Steph. (That clean steal on Kyrie?? I mean come on!) I'm just hoping that home court does them some good, and the open shots start to fall...

@Catalystik @Crayola227 @mimelim problems with poor handwriting... i think? bump!

376760c00c0401346478005056a9545d

Reactions: 2 users
My natural born handwriting was OK but sorta ugly. I'm a lefty and pushing my hand through ink against the grain rather than dragging it sucks and is a factor.

At some point in middle school, I decided I wanted "pretty handwriting" so I sat down and made a conscious effort to develop my own font.
It's bubbly and I think looks cool enough when I try. But the dumb thing is it definitely takes more time than if I had never made this switch.

When I'm in a hurry it's not that great but better than before. Under some circumstances it's actually almost illegible. Med school didn't make it better or worse, except that I'm in more situations to not give a flying **** and write as fast as my hand can take me.

Now, my signature, that's another story. I can proudly say it is literally the worst doc's signature in existence. I can back this up. Even funnier, I developed this sig long before med school was for sure on my radar. I tell people this and they joke "you must have been born to be a doc."

It started pretty and just sort of evolved into the most ridiculous hideous chicken scratch.

When I signed paperwork for my med school when I was first starting out, they told me my signature was so illegible that they needed to have a statement on file where I declared that it was in fact my actual signature and not a terrible mistake.

I had to do the same for residency!

When I was in HR and had just signed a paper and pushed it across the desk, the person pushed it back with a bottle of white out, because their first reaction to my signature was that it was a scribble that needed fixing. When was the last time someone offered you white out for your signature???

I haven't had an issue with orders and Rx's because of how much is electronically signed.
What's funny is now that I add MD to it, that's the only part that's legible. I think this why so far my handwritten scripts haven't caused me trouble because it's an indicator that it's all on purpose.

Interestingly I was never asked to change my sig or make it more legible. Just have to let people know, yes, I did mean to write it that way, no I'm not drunk, no I don't have a movement disorder.

Hahaha I definitely turned this into an Alarm tone on my phone...

@Cyberdyne 101 here we go!!! I'm hoping for a close game until half time and then a blow out by the 4th with the dubs winning it all!

I'm at a watch party in SF!!! GO DUBS!!!!!!
My heart just shattered into a million pieces man :( they had sooooo many OPEN looks to take the lead in the end and just couldn't get it done.

But you know what big congratulation to the Cavs and Cleveland. Mad props to LeBron for the great series that he played (though I still hate how he acted in game 5 and 6) and Kyrie with the big time step back three to win it.

That's how a game 7 should be played. Back and forth game, no stupid touch fouls, no flopping and fishing for softy calls (Varejao aside coz that's just Andy being Andy).

GO DUBS!! SEE YOU NEXT SEASON!!

My heart just shattered into a million pieces man :( they had sooooo many OPEN looks to take the lead in the end and just couldn't get it done.

But you know what big congratulation to the Cavs and Cleveland. Mad props to LeBron for the great series that he played (though I still hate how he acted in game 5 and 6) and Kyrie with the big time step back three to win it.

That's how a game 7 should be played. Back and forth game, no stupid touch fouls, no flopping and fishing for softy calls (Varejao aside coz that's just Andy being Andy).

If you're not hitting the threes, fine, but GO FOR THE GORRAM TWOS YOU ARE TIED. They're so used to our long game they were leaving the inside look wide open at the end and we kept throwing away threes (because we don't even try to rebound).

Yeah, they had PLENTY of open looks. I'm obviously disappointed about the loss, but I'm grateful for this awesome season. They were so much fun to watch night in and night out!

WE'LL WIN IT NEXT YEAR!!!!! #StrengthInNumbers

If you're not hitting the threes, fine, but GO FOR THE GORRAM TWOS YOU ARE TIED. They're so used to our long game they were leaving the inside look wide open at the end and we kept throwing away threes (because we don't even try to rebound).

Can't blame them for throwing up those threes. They were the same shots that were falling earlier in the game and was what they were knocking down all season long. I agree though that Kerr should've called a TO and drew up a play (and not some pick and roll to one-on-one action) just to get the lead. I mean they didn't score for the last 3 and a half minutes for cripes sake! I wanted Draymond with the ball because I know he would try to attack the paint and create something but alas Steph tried to take over and choked :oops:

But on the bright side Bay Area fans! It is an even year! The Giants are gonna take home the World Series!

Can't blame them for throwing up those threes. They were the same shots that were falling earlier in the game and was what they were knocking down all season long. I agree though that Kerr should've called a TO and drew up a play (and not some pick and roll to one-on-one action) just to get the lead. I mean they didn't score for the last 3 and a half minutes for cripes sake! I wanted Draymond with the ball because I know he would try to attack the paint and create something but alas Steph tried to take over and choked :oops:

But on the bright side Bay Area fans! It is an even year! The Giants are gonna take home the World Series!
At some point you have ti recognize that you're not on a hot streak and just hit the simple ones. A couple of twos would have clinched it, cuz our defense was tight right then!

I honestly hope Durant stays in OKC. We won 73 gorram games in the regular season, staged an improbable comeback in the WCF, and were a possession or 2 away from winning it all with our current core. Hell, if Draymond Green weren't suspended for Game 5, the outcome may have been different! I'm cool with getting Dirk or another quality player (who's not currently in the league's top 10), but another all-NBA player is not necessary imo.