*~*~*~* Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2022-2023 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I had to send in transcripts with my primary since I had AFS. I messaged them and they said to send it electronically if your undergrad portal allows it (Parchment, National Clearinghouse, etc). If TMDSAS is not in the portal lists, you can enter the email [email protected], hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey all. My undergrad uses “Parchment” to electronically send transcripts. If you Search “Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service,” it pops up.

Texas Medical & Dental School Application
Service
TYPE: & COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY
PO Box 2175, Austin, TX, 78768-2175, US

DISCLAIMER: IDK IF THAT IS THE PHYSICAL MAILING ADDRESS, JUST WHAT POPS UP IN PARCHMENT.

I just filled out the FAFSA and got a lovely email back saying that based on my EFC, I may qualify for the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program - $20,500.

Is that all I'll be able to take out in loans? I know we're in Texas and tuition is cheaper, but I don't think that's feasible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just filled out the FAFSA and got a lovely email back saying that based on my EFC, I may qualify for the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program - $20,500.

Is that all I'll be able to take out in loans? I know we're in Texas and tuition is cheaper, but I don't think that's feasible.

I’ve been looking into this as well, but I do believe you can get grad plus loans up to CoA. That 20.5k may be for that particular loan type.

Reactions: 1 users
Last edited:
Hey all. My undergrad uses “Parchment” to electronically send transcripts. If you Search “Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service,” it pops up.

Texas Medical & Dental School Application
Service
TYPE: & COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY
PO Box 2175, Austin, TX, 78768-2175, US

DISCLAIMER: IDK IF THAT IS THE PHYSICAL MAILING ADDRESS, JUST WHAT POPS UP IN PARCHMENT.
weird, I haven't gotten any such email yet. I guess it just takes time

If we received a prematch offer do we have to make a deposit to secure a seat or just accept the offer through the school's portal? Also do we have to do anything on the TMDSAS portal to notify TMDSAS specifically that I am accepting the offer?

If we received a prematch offer do we have to make a deposit to secure a seat or just accept the offer through the school's portal? Also do we have to do anything on the TMDSAS portal to notify TMDSAS specifically that I am accepting the offer?
Most of the Texas schools do not require a deposit, but if there is one it will be stated in their offer email.
You should accept the offer according to their instructions, communicating directly with the school.

What do you have to do on the TMDSAS Portal?
Before 5PM on Feb 17th list all the schools where you have interviewed in order of your preference, and save the list.

Congratulations!

For non-academic recognition, can I add things like medals won for hobbies, like cycling?

For non-academic recognition, can I add things like medals won for hobbies, like cycling?
I would! That sounds unique and makes your hobbies look even more significant. TMDSAS has unlimited entries so it wouldn't hurt you to list it.

As a Texas resident, how is the admissions landscape for Texas medical schools on TMDSAS compared to nationwide through AMCAS and AACOMAS? Is it somewhat easier due to more TX state school choices for Texas residents compared to an OOS applicant applying to AMCAS and AACOMAS schools nationwide?

Members don't see this ad :)
As a Texas resident, how is the admissions landscape for Texas medical schools on TMDSAS compared to nationwide through AMCAS and AACOMAS? Is it somewhat easier due to more TX state school choices for Texas residents compared to an OOS applicant applying to AMCAS and AACOMAS schools nationwide?
The AMCAS percentage of applicants who are admitted is about 40% and for TMDSAS (for Texas residents) it is closer to 31%.
So despite our big # of schools it's no easier. 15% of Texans go OOS and 85% stay in Texas.

Source for TMDSAS numbers : Data Reports

Source for AAMC: https://www.aamc.org/media/6091/download

The AMCAS percentage of applicants who are admitted is about 40% and for TMDSAS (for Texas residents) it is closer to 31%.
So despite our big # of schools it's no easier. 15% of Texans go OOS and 85% stay in Texas.

Source for TMDSAS numbers : Data Reports

Source for AAMC: https://www.aamc.org/media/6091/download
I thought this past cycle's admittance rate was like around 36% for AMCAS, is it not? Though at 36%, TMDSAS's 31% is smaller chances than I thought for Texas residents applying on TMDSAS.

Also, for academic recognitions, is adding posters/oral presentations presented a good thing to add? And what about incomplete (like 70-80% complete) manuscripts that haven't been submitted to a journal?

I thought this past cycle's admittance rate was like around 36% for AMCAS, is it not? Though at 36%, TMDSAS's 31% is smaller chances than I thought for Texas residents applying on TMDSAS.
Could be, the AAMC chart I listed spanned several cycles

Also, for academic recognitions, is adding posters/oral presentations presented a good thing to add? And what about incomplete (like 70-80% complete) manuscripts that haven't been submitted to a journal?
Yes add posters/ presentations.
In the activity description on your research, you can say you are contributing to the work of writing a journal submission but don’t count it as a publication unless it is accepted

For LORs, Can I still submit my primary for TMDSAS without all of my LORs. I have 6 LORs currently, but I'm waiting on a DO LOR that I'm hoping to get in by the end of this weekend. It's for the 2 DO schools I'm applying for on TMDSAS.

For LORs, Can I still submit my primary for TMDSAS without all of my LORs. I have 6 LORs currently, but I'm waiting on a DO LOR that I'm hoping to get in by the end of this weekend. It's for the 2 DO schools I'm applying for on TMDSAS.
Are you applying this cycle?
Deadline for the TMDSAS primary is Nov 1.
Maximum number of LORs is 4, minimum number 3.
Check the TMDSAS guide to be sure but I believe the deadline for supporting documents like letters & test scores is Nov 15. You can submit the primary without your score but be sure to release it to TMDSAS from AAMC

Are you applying this cycle?
Deadline for the TMDSAS primary is Nov 1.
Maximum number of LORs is 4, minimum number 3.
Check the TMDSAS guide to be sure but I believe the deadline for supporting documents like letters & test scores is Nov 15. You can submit the primary without your score but be sure to release it to TMDSAS from AAMC
Yes, and I'm aware of how late it is, but I just wanted to shoot my shot with UNT-HSC, UT Tyler, and maybe Sam Houston COM.

Ooof, I didn't realize TMDSAS limits you to only 4 LORs. I'll keep on the lookout for that. I have my MCAT score already, but I'm not sure if they got it in to TMDSAS yet. I shared my AAMC ID with the TMDSAS app portal though.

Yes, and I'm aware of how late it is, but I just wanted to shoot my shot with UNT-HSC, UT Tyler, and maybe Sam Houston COM.

Ooof, I didn't realize TMDSAS limits you to only 4 LORs. I'll keep on the lookout for that. I have my MCAT score already, but I'm not sure if they got it in to TMDSAS yet. I shared my AAMC ID with the TMDSAS app portal though.
You have to log in to the MCAT portal and give them permission to send your scores to TMDSAS

Does TMDSAS send out our transcripts to the schools where we pre-matched or are accepted to? I see on the to-do lists for the schools, it asks to send in transcripts directly to the schools.

Does TMDSAS send out our transcripts to the schools where we pre-matched or are accepted to? I see on the to-do lists for the schools, it asks to send in transcripts directly to the schools.
you gotta do both, send it to TMDSAS and the schools

I submitted my TMDSAS primary app really late (on 10/28). The schools' secondary deadlines that I applied to are on Nov. 15th. If my app doesn't get verified by Nov. 15th, will I be ineligible to apply to those schools' secondaries?

I submitted my TMDSAS primary app really late (on 10/28). The schools' secondary deadlines that I applied to are on Nov. 15th. If my app doesn't get verified by Nov. 15th, will I be ineligible to apply to those schools' secondaries?
The processing time right now is about 10 days so you will probably make it before the deadline.

The processing time right now is about 10 days so you will probably make it before the deadline.
Oh okay, was just worried because I see on TMDSAS 's website that they are still stuck on applications submitted back in 10/20 for a while now.

After receiving an acceptance, the transcript email mentioned we could wait to upload until December to include the Fall grades. Do I need to notify anyone that I am waiting, or should I just submit it now?

Has TMDSAS processed anyones transcripts yet? Does it usually take the full 21 days?

After receiving an acceptance, the transcript email mentioned we could wait to upload until December to include the Fall grades. Do I need to notify anyone that I am waiting, or should I just submit it now?
You can wait until your Fall 2022 grades are on it, no need to notify them.
Congratulations!

I heard in one of my interviews that Texas schools can see how you rank on a different school's list through TMSDAS, is that true?

I heard in one of my interviews that Texas schools can see how you rank on a different school's list through TMSDAS, is that true?
They can see where else you have been invited for interviews, but one school does not see another school’s internal ranking of students, or another school’s secondary essays that you sent in.

Oh okay, was just worried because I see on TMDSAS 's website that they are still stuck on applications submitted back in 10/20 for a while now.
They're up to working on apps submitted on the 26th now. Hope you are working on your secondary essays!

They're up to working on apps submitted on the 26th now. Hope you are working on your secondary essays!
I just got an email saying they transmitted my primary app! That means its submitted and verified right?

Judt received confirmation that TMDSAS approved my transcript. Do I also need to send this to the schools I’ve been accepted to? Or do I only need to send it to the one I intend on going to?

Judt received confirmation that TMDSAS approved my transcript. Do I also need to send this to the schools I’ve been accepted to? Or do I only need to send it to the one I intend on going to?
Wait and send it to the one final school you plan to attend.
They will usually list this in the things you need to do to complete enrollment at their school.

How late is too late to receive an II? My secondaries were complete in June for the majority of TMDSAS schools. It's been almost five months and I haven't heard a peep from any of them.

How late is too late to receive an II? My secondaries were complete in June for the majority of TMDSAS schools. It's been almost five months and I haven't heard a peep from any of them.
I would wait until Thanksgiving. If you don't have any IIs by then, and you could still definitely get one in December or early January, I would start preparing for a reapplication. You want to make sure your application has improved from one cycle to the next. If you are deadset on attending medical school next summer, start filling out some applications to DO schools on AACOMAS, ASAP. Their cycle tends to run longer, but submitting earlier is always better.

I would wait until Thanksgiving. If you don't have any IIs by then, and you could still definitely get one in December or early January, I would start preparing for a reapplication. You want to make sure your application has improved from one cycle to the next. If you are deadset on attending medical school next summer, start filling out some applications to DO schools on AACOMAS, ASAP. Their cycle tends to run longer, but submitting earlier is always better.
Got it thank you - I think I was a bit thrown off as I thought I had a pretty solid application going in. Maybe the II gods will bless me this month.

I am just now realizing that my PCR is showing that I am missing 5 hours of English, even though I should have 7 hours. Is it too late to fix it because its past Nov 1? I never received any message from TMDSAS about it, and it hasn't seemed to affect my application because I've gotten several interviews. What should I do?

I am just now realizing that my PCR is showing that I am missing 5 hours of English, even though I should have 7 hours. Is it too late to fix it because its past Nov 1? I never received any message from TMDSAS about it, and it hasn't seemed to affect my application because I've gotten several interviews. What should I do?
They won't show up on the PCR if they were pass/fail, but the med school may still allow them to count

Has anyone had success using the UNE online courses as prerequisites for TMDSAS?

After accepting a prematch and submitting transcripts, is there anything I should do on the TMDSAS website until match day? I've already ranked all my schools.

After accepting a prematch and submitting transcripts, is there anything I should do on the TMDSAS website until match day? I've already ranked all my schools.
That’s all you need to do-
Make a screenshot of your rank order list and save it in your computer files- a lot of applicants feel really panicky when that list goes away from their portal after the February deadline and doubt that they entered it right.

That’s all you need to do-
Make a screenshot of your rank order list and save it in your computer files- a lot of applicants feel really panicky when that list goes away from their portal after the February deadline and doubt that they entered it right.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.