***Official Tufts School of Dental Medicine c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread***

Interviewed Yesterday and they have accepted 166 deposits already this year.
There are 175 spots. Most likely everyone from this point on is a wait-list candidate.

WOW so I guess 100 more people did put their deposit down within just 3 weeks. I have an interview coming up on the 3rd. Hope the school's sending out more acceptances than just those 9!

Members don't see this ad.

WOW so I guess 100 more people did put their deposit down within just 3 weeks. I have an interview coming up on the 3rd. Hope the school's sending out more acceptances than just those 9!

tell me about it! i have an interview on the 3rd also. i really hope they have more spots open.....

tell me about it! i have an interview on the 3rd also. i really hope they have more spots open.....

keep in mind, it's highly possible a number of the people who have deposits down at tufts also have deposits elsewhere. so some more spots will open up as they commit to one school or another.

just keep up the hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, not good news about the seats. I have an interview on the 10th.. Anyone willing to give insight on the interview? How many interviewers? Current event questions or questions mainly just focused on you?

Ah, not good news about the seats. I have an interview on the 10th.. Anyone willing to give insight on the interview? How many interviewers? Current event questions or questions mainly just focused on you?

I think who/how many interviewers you get is different amongst the candidates. My interview was with a 4th year and the interview/discussion was centered around things in my application. GL

Anyone know when the financial aid packet comes?

You find out about the merit scholarship in the acceptance letter in the mail.
If that's what you're asking about?

Yea I know. I just want to know the rest of it. Like any other grants and how much I need to come up with by myself. They sent an email and said that it is mailed today so it is coming next week.

Yea I know. I just want to know the rest of it. Like any other grants and how much I need to come up with by myself. They sent an email and said that it is mailed today so it is coming next week.

I was wondering the same thing, have you filed your FAFSA yet?

yup, finished last month. That is why i'm very curious about what i got. I need to know what i can afford for an apartment. I don't think we will know until june though......

yup, finished last month. That is why i'm very curious about what i got. I need to know what i can afford for an apartment. I don't think we will know until june though......

Well according to the info packet we got, the first years are to get 20k for living expenses for 9 months which would be 2,222 a month for everything. I think that amount is the same for everyone getting financial aid, is this not correct?

Well according to the info packet we got, the first years are to get 20k for living expenses for 9 months which would be 2,222 a month for everything. I think that amount is the same for everyone getting financial aid, is this not correct?

Why would it be 9 months and not 12?

Members don't see this ad :)

You are right..... good thinking. I was just wondering about the low interest loans and the tufts grant. If i get a lot of low interest, i shall not live in a dump. Also, most place make you sign contract for 1 year. so we gotta assume its 3 month out of pocket.

You are right..... good thinking. I was just wondering about the low interest loans and the tufts grant. If i get a lot of low interest, i shall not live in a dump. Also, most place make you sign contract for 1 year. so we gotta assume its 3 month out of pocket.

If you can manage to live off ~1600 per month, then you can make it last the whole year. But you would probably need to find rent less than 1000 per month.

Uh......That kinda rent doesn't exist really.... xcept in dorms. Have you start looking for a place yet? I tried but its pretty hard to find a cheap price.

Does anyone know when they update AADSAS? Aren't decisions supposed to go up today for those that interviewed between Feb 22 and March 3?

Does anyone know when they update AADSAS? Aren't decisions supposed to go up today for those that interviewed between Feb 22 and March 3?

That's what I thought. I interviewed on the 22nd and I thought aadsas was supposed to be updated today. Last week my status changed from invited for interview back to received/under review, but nothing since then.

That's what I thought. I interviewed on the 22nd and I thought aadsas was supposed to be updated today. Last week my status changed from invited for interview back to received/under review, but nothing since then.

Yeah same, I interviewed on the 22nd as well. And my status has been "Recieved/Under Review" since March 2nd. I just want to find out already.

Yeah same, I interviewed on the 22nd as well. And my status has been "Recieved/Under Review" since March 2nd. I just want to find out already.

Yes, me too. Interviewed on the 22nd with the same status change on AADSAS. Getting impatient!

Yes, me too. Interviewed on the 22nd with the same status change on AADSAS. Getting impatient!

I interviewed on the 28th and had the same thing happen. They did say this Thursday (tomorrow) would be the latest. So hopefully it will update today and we don't have to keep waiting!! :)

Good luck to everyone!

I declined my offer, hope you guys get off the waitlist!!

Offer Made interviewed 03/03 so excited!!

Last edited:
anyone know how the waitlist works at tufts?

In order to actually BE on the waitlist for acceptance, I believe you have to pay $750 (within 15 days), which is refundable if you do not get accepted at the end. If you do get accepted, another $1,250 is due as a second deposit (total of $2,000). Once you are accepted from the waitlist, but decide NOT to attend the school, then that initial $750 is not refundable.

I think the admissions people told us on the day of the interview that the list is not ranked, so whenever a spot opens up, the committee gets together and review those of who have paid $750.

I also got waitlisted just now through AADSAS.. interviewed on 3/3. expected though as they did mention that our group will most likely go on the waitlist.

Last edited:
Out of those of you accepted (congrats), what were your undergrad majors, and who took advanced math (pre calc and calc)?

I declined my offer as well, hopefully it goes to someone on SDN!

i got waitlisted about a week ago, but i did not receive any information about the deposit like where i could send it to? or if it is an electronic payment?
im going to call the school, but could somebody tell me what is the best way to send them the $750 deposit?
thank you!

i got waitlisted about a week ago, but i did not receive any information about the deposit like where i could send it to? or if it is an electronic payment?
im going to call the school, but could somebody tell me what is the best way to send them the $750 deposit?
thank you!

You will receive a packet of information. The packet will tell you about the deposit, and it will have the paperwork that needs to be sent back with the deposit. It is all of the same paperwork that they talked about at the interview that would be sent to accepted students. The $750 has to be a certified check or money order. Hope that helps.

For those who already placed their first deposits of $1500, has anyone heard anything about a second deposit yet? When is it due?

Thanks!

the second deposit is due April 15th. the date was in the form you signed and sent in with the first deposit; you don't need to attach it with any form but it does have to be a certified check. see you in september!

Does anyone know how they are going to contact us if we get pulled off the wait list? Will they just update it in AADSAS and then mail us something? Has anyone heard anything yet?

Does anyone know how they are going to contact us if we get pulled off the wait list? Will they just update it in AADSAS and then mail us something? Has anyone heard anything yet?

they will contact you via phone or email, and then send you something in the mail. it will be after the second deposit is processed so they know how many definite seats are held, which they said would be mid-may, and then they will begin pulling people from the wait list.

Does anyone have an idea of how many people are on / have placed deposits on the waitlist?

anyone know when they send out info to collect teeth? or do we even need to collect them?

hey guys do you know if tufts still interviewing or not ?
thank u

nope. they are done. They are finalizing the class right now.

Hey guys! Has anyone gotten off the waitlist and got accepted to the class?

Thanks!

tusdm2015, did you do anything in between the time you got waitlisted and accepted that you think helped you get in?

tusdm2015, did you do anything in between the time you got waitlisted and accepted that you think helped you get in?

I haven't gotten accepted yet, sorry if my previous post was misconstrued as such. I actually just wanted to know if anyone has gotten off the wait list yet.

another +1, I emailed them last week and they said that they had not accepted anyone off the wait list yet...but anything could have happened since then.

I emailed them yesterday asking about some other topics, and also asked about waitlist status. The response was that a couple weeks ago they offered a limited number of acceptances to people on the waitlist.

Do you guys think there will be any other movement on the wait list?