*** Official University of New England C/O 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

chompsss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Official thread for UNE c/o 2020!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone receive a supplement from UNE yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my supplement a week ago as well.

Are you guys writing something for "additional comments"? Do you guys think it's bad to leave that blank?

I will be attending this school in about a month. If you got questions don't hesitate to ask :)

I will be attending this school in about a month. If you got questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Demmahom - what other schools did you get accepted to before deciding on UNE? Were you In-state/New England?

Where are you from? I'm from California, so I'm not sure if UNE OOS-friendly or not...

Where are you from? I'm from California, so I'm not sure if UNE OOS-friendly or not...
About 50% of the class is OOS, that's a rough estimate so don't quote me on that.

Does everyone receive secondary requests from UNE?
I've only received an email with "Your application has been given to the DMD Admissions Committee for review. Please look forward to receiving a communication from us during the admissions cycle." but nothing after?

Does everyone receive secondary requests from UNE?
I've only received an email with "Your application has been given to the DMD Admissions Committee for review. Please look forward to receiving a communication from us during the admissions cycle." but nothing after?
I received their secondary on the 22nd, be ready to write why You want to go to New England.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite today for September!

I'm just really scared now because I'm not getting invitations for interview... when I feel like everyone else is :scared::scared:

Interview for September, received on Thursday.

OOS (but still New England)

Reactions: 1 users
Late check in. Added New England last night after e-submitting on June 25th. Hope I'm not too far behind, as it seems they've already extended numerous interview invites.

Not a New England resident, though I was born in NH.

I received an app complete status on 7/14, and haven't heard from them since. I thought i'd have the supplemental by now. Should I be concerned?

Supplemental complete, now just hoping for an interview email! Do they issue the invitations in batches or do the invites kind of trickle out?

Aw, no interview yet. I'm from California, so maybe that's why..

Does anyone know what the protocol is if you receive an interview invite but can't make the particular day they give you? Im worried to submit my rsvp form if it's going to void my invite.

Does anyone know what the protocol is if you receive an interview invite but can't make the particular day they give you? Im worried to submit my rsvp form if it's going to void my invite.
I don't know the protocol. Have you called them to discuss your situation? If I were you, I'd do everything humanly possible to be there.

I received an app complete status on 7/14 and haven't heard from them since. I thought I'd have the supplemental by now. Should I be concerned?
same here.
I did not get a supplement from UNE...yet...
Mine was mailed out 7/2.... anyone did not receive a supplement from UNE?

same here.
I did not get a supplement from UNE...yet...
Mine was mailed out 7/2.... anyone did not receive a supplement from UNE?
I didn't get one either! My status says complete on aadsas, not that that's any real indication. I was mailed on 7/31.

I didn't get one either! My status says complete on aadsas, not that that's any real indication. I was mailed on 7/31.

weird.. I received the supplemental email the day after my application was complete (July 29th).

Yeah I got mine immediately....I would call them if you didn't

my app was verified on 8/3 and same day I received an email of app complete and under review but since then I haven't received anything. I guess I need to contact them

The UNE supp all is invite only... Last year I never got one and called them and that's what they told me...

i didn't get one either
weird.. I received the supplemental email the day after my application was complete (July 29th).
I called them.. They said "Supplemental applications are offered by invitation.These invitations can go out at any time during the cycle. If your status changes you will be notified via email."

I called them.. They said "Supplemental applications are offered by invitation.These invitations can go out at any time during the cycle. If your status changes you will be notified via email."
womp womp womp :dead:

Groan. Hmm. Wonder what the catalyst is?

Yesh. First time applying to une though. You are too right? I remember seeing your name last year hahah
Yeah I actually got wait listed here last year. My app isn't complete yet (slow LOR) so I'm hoping for better luck

Hey guys! Is anybody driving to their UNE interview? Just wondering if it's worth it to drive, or to just fly in.

If I drove, it'd be a 6 hour trip. So I'm thinking maybe it may not be too bad.

I did my supp but haven't heard back for an interview. OSS student, should I not hold my breath?

P.S Congratulations to all the people that did receive interviews :)

What did you all put for the additional comments question?

"Please provide any additional information you would like the Admissions Committee to consider when reviewing your application. Provide information that might clarify any previously provided information that might have been confusing or difficult to understand. Use this space to further explain your experience in dentistry, your extracurricular/volunteerism/community service, your leadership experience and/or factors that may have had a negative effect on your academic/professional/personal performance."

Did you just reexplain all of the shadowing/volunteering/etc. that is on your AADSAS application? If so, how much detail did you go into for all of it? I don't want to bombard them with information that is already on AADSAS, but it seems like they want more info about everything.