Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you accepted did you get a welcome email or anything ? I just got my payment receipt but I just want to make sure it totally went through…

I started to get emails maybe a few days after accepting. You might get them early next week bc of the weekend/processing time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Declined OOS seat! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know when those of us on the waitlist will get an update? Is it usually a couple days after the acceptance deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know when those of us on the waitlist will get an update? Is it usually a couple days after the acceptance deadline?
Judging from past forums and talking with other students, they generally start calling a day or two after the deadline and it continues to roll all through summer. I also am waiting not so patiently :)

I just got approved for an apartment that I love :))) I’m SO EXCITED! I hate that it’s so expensive, but I love love love the location

I just got approved for an apartment that I love :))) I’m SO EXCITED! I hate that it’s so expensive, but I love love love the location
I am glad you found an apartment you love, yes, unfortunately columbus is expensive but you will love columbus. My daughter is paying an arm and a leg for a 1 bedroom apartment but she loves grandview so much and the area is very safe and 7 minutes from the Vet school.

I am glad you found an apartment you love, yes, unfortunately columbus is expensive but you will love columbus. My daughter is paying an arm and a leg for a 1 bedroom apartment but she loves grandview so much and the area is very safe and 7 minutes from the Vet school.
Thank you!! Yes! I got a 2 bedroom for 1720 which is lower than what I was quoted. It’s in upper Arlington but right down the road from Grandview I believe. 5 minutes from the vet school

Just a friendly update to everyone on the OOS waitlist, I emailed for an update and they said all OOS seats are currently filled and the waitlist has not moved.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!! Yes! I got a 2 bedroom for 1720 which is lower than what I was quoted. It’s in upper Arlington but right down the road from Grandview I believe. 5 minutes from the vet school
Awesome , we love upper Arlington !

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they admit more students than they have seats then if it is full after students declined seats :(

I wonder if they admit more students than they have seats then if it is full after students declined seats :(
From my understanding and what other schools have said they always over accept students.
I was kinda waiting for Ohio but ehh that’s a bummer

Did everyone left on the waitlist get the veterinary public health email today? Could it be a sign that the class is full?

I got an email around 11:40 yesterday from cvm DVM saying I was accepted. I literally didn’t see it because it was sent to my OSU email account instead of the one I used for vmcas. honestly feels too good to be true lol. But i got in!

Reactions: 2 users
Did everyone left on the waitlist get the veterinary public health email today? Could it be a sign that the class is full?
They pulled me off IS waitlist yesterday and I still got that email so I don't think it means anything. Don't be discouraged if the class is full, I know people who have been pulled off all the way up to and into August! Even if the class is full currently, more seats can still open up over the summer, but I know the waiting is hard. What # were you if you don't mind me asking??

They pulled me off IS waitlist yesterday and I still got that email so I don't think it means anything. Don't be discouraged if the class is full, I know people who have been pulled off all the way up to and into August! Even if the class is full currently, more seats can still open up over the summer, but I know the waiting is hard. What # were you if you don't mind me asking??
Thank you so much for the response, that’s great to hear! I’m IS #12, so probably right on the border

Thank you so much for the response, that’s great to hear! I’m IS #12, so probably right on the border
Honestly yes, from what I've heard, that's borderline. I know they definitely have made it to early teens before, I think even last year they did as well. I talked to a student from a few years back who was 14ish I believe??-- and they called them off the list about four weeks before classes started, which I know is probably not what you want to hear right now lol. Keep the faith!! You definitely still have a decent shot, but the waiting is tough for sure :(

Honestly yes, from what I've heard, that's borderline. I know they definitely have made it to early teens before, I think even last year they did as well. I talked to a student from a few years back who was 14ish I believe??-- and they called them off the list about four weeks before classes started, which I know is probably not what you want to hear right now lol. Keep the faith!! You definitely still have a decent shot, but the waiting is tough for sure :(
I’m IS 8 and I was pulled off yesterday.
Thank you so much!! Congrats to you both! How long did they give you to reply?

Maybe they’ll end up accepting more than usual from the waitlist this year since they’re already at 8?

Maybe they’ll end up accepting more than usual from the waitlist this year since they’re already at 8?
They said I had 10 days to accept/decline. In my opinion, for what it's worth, I would say yes-- because I don't think it usually moves that fast! I think you are in a really good spot, so try to be patient and not worry about it even if you don't hear right away :) Rooting for you!!

They said I had 10 days to accept/decline. In my opinion, for what it's worth, I would say yes-- because I don't think it usually moves that fast! I think you are in a really good spot, so try to be patient and not worry about it even if you don't hear right away :) Rooting for you!!
Maybe they’ll accept more people in ten days! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I hope we get to be classmates!

• Love

Thanks! They gave me 10 days. I got the email on the 18th and was a little worried cause I’m the acceptance letter it said “due by April 15th” but I’m sure it just the same thing that was sent to students accepted straight up and called to confirm. It feels like that!

Has anyone applied for loans yet?

DON’T DO IT YET, they’ll send you an email when it’s time!!!! It’s very easy to mess up & get either denied or delayed, it’s not as intuitive as it might seem! Emily Gonzalez from the Financial Aid office will email you! Expect it to be sometime in June or July!

My daughter only did the FAFSA and she already got an email last week about the estimated COA financial aid she would be receiving .
Is this what you are referring to? Or is there any other loans that she has to apply other than FAFSA ?

My daughter only did the FAFSA and she already got an email last week about the estimated COA financial aid she would be receiving .
Is this what you are referring to? Or is there any other loans that she has to apply other than FAFSA ?
She might have to apply for grad PLUS loans if she needs them. But, as stated above, we should wait for the financial aid counselor before we do it!

DON’T DO IT YET, they’ll send you an email when it’s time!!!! It’s very easy to mess up & get either denied or delayed, it’s not as intuitive as it might seem! Emily Gonzalez from the Financial Aid office will email you! Expect it to be sometime in June or July!
Okay!! Thank you!! I just wanted to make sure I don’t miss the deadline to accept the unsub or apply for the PLUS!

Lol sorry for the text shouting, I just effed it up first year and almost didn't get my loans and felt like an absolute idiot, trying to help others not make my same mistake! :rofl:

• Care
Hello! Does anyone have any information about living at Fisher Commons? It’s an excellent commute to the vet campus (15min walk, 5min bike), but the only unit they have available is a ground level apartment. I’m kinda worried since where I’m from they say never rent a ground level unit if you’re female.

If it’s safe, I’ll probably sign on for a one year lease for the 2bd/2ba unit. My current potential roomie (not a student) isn’t enthused by the place, so if anyone’s interested in rooming with me please DM me for details!

Hello! Does anyone have any information about living at Fisher Commons? It’s an excellent commute to the vet campus (15min walk, 5min bike), but the only unit they have available is a ground level apartment. I’m kinda worried since where I’m from they say never rent a ground level unit if you’re female.

If it’s safe, I’ll probably sign on for a one year lease for the 2bd/2ba unit. My current potential roomie (not a student) isn’t enthused by the place, so if anyone’s interested in rooming with me please DM me for details!
Asking a current graduating 4th year who lives there, will get back to you!

• Love

Just heard back from her - she said she’s lived there all 4 years and has liked it a lot, she lived on the 2nd floor but has always felt very safe in & around the complex even walking around. It’s so close that she didn’t bother getting a parking pass until 4th year (HUGE win for your sanity & wallet!), and she said the property management has been very responsive & helpful. Her only downsides were the expense of rent (a little pricey even for a 1 bedroom) and that because of the big windows it can run up the heating bill a bit. FWIW basically anywhere around the West side of campus (where the vet school is) is really pretty safe & quiet, no one goes over there! There’s also a bit more space over there & you’re walking distance to Waterman, which is where the Jersey dairy heifer research herd lives, so grass puppies can be cuddled easily!

• Love

What’s the rent like there? It doesn’t show on the website

Wow thank you so much for you help EB!! You're so kind and considerate and helpful! :love:

The rent for the unit I'm interested in is $1970/month (water, electric, gas not included) for 2bd/2ba, dishwasher and washer/dryer in unit. I'm from NYC so Ohio rent is a lot cheaper than I'm used to (literally my current 2bd/2ba is more than twice as much), but I can see why Ohio rent can be expensive for a lot of other students from different states.

Any one have a link to an academic calendar? I just want a general idea of when I can expect finals to be over in December/how long we get off for winter break. Trying to think of winger travel in advance lol

Any one have a link to an academic calendar? I just want a general idea of when I can expect finals to be over in December/how long we get off for winter break. Trying to think of winger travel in advance lol

We’ll also get a live semester schedule so you can plan your class attendance around July or early August!

Has anyone gotten off the IS alternate list recently? And has anyone gotten off but declined it? Just trying to estimate my position on the list now haha

Has anyone gotten off the IS alternate list recently? And has anyone gotten off but declined it? Just trying to estimate my position on the list now haha

Email Sandra Dawkins, she can tell you your exact number on the list. I emailed her a couple times last year for updates and she responded very quickly!

This may have already been asked but does anyone have recommendations for studio/one-bedroom apartments near campus?

Anyone know what criteria tOSU uses to award scholarship for incoming Vet student, especially for IS student ?

I think it's solely dependent on your admission score (their admission criteria is 10% GPA/Grades, 30% eLORs+Experiences, and 60% Interview+Interpersonal skills). They'll take a certain percentage of the highest ranking applicants and award scholarships in varying(?) amounts until their funds are depleted. But I'm pretty sure they only award the scholarships to those who already committed to tOSU.

I actually received notice just yesterday from Sandra that I was offered an admission scholarship of $5000!! :biglove: I honestly didn't believe it at first, especially since in the last email regarding loans, they said those who'll receive scholarships would hear back within the week, and I heard nothing until yesterday!

In the email, she did specifically mention my status as an OOS student, so I think there are separate funds for IS vs. OOS. Hope this helps shed light on things especially since I was very curious about their 1st year admission scholarships too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else waiting on the link for tomorrow's welcome session?