Ohio State University class of 2018 hopefulls!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a feeling SDN will be flooded on Monday with news about interview notifications from many schools. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Ahhh I hope so!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Eeeeee!!! I'm so excited for you guys :) Crossing my fingers for everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Should we find out through email? Also, if we do not receive an interview, when will we be notified of that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should we find out through email? Also, if we do not receive an interview, when will we be notified of that?
Assuming they haven't changed things for this year, you should be notified via email about an interview.

If you won't be receiving an interview, I believe most people are notified through snail mail. A few called to find out and others saw a status change on buckeyelink. I don't think they sent any rejections out until January last year, but this is just based on the people I knew who applied.

If someone else knows more than me, feel free to chime in.

Good Luck to everyone waiting to hear!

eeeeek so nervous/excited! Does anyone know if OSU assigns interview dates/times or if the interviewees get to choose?

eeeeek so nervous/excited! Does anyone know if OSU assigns interview dates/times or if the interviewees get to choose?

Last year I had a choice of most but not all interview dates to choose from. I believe the only one I couldn't pick was the first one. We also got to say whether we wanted a morning or afternoon interview/tour but everyone on my day got switched to morning interview and afternoon tour because we had less people that day than normal.

I am hard at work getting everything sorted out and ready for us to start sending out interview invitations tomorrow! The invitations will come via email, and you will get to choose your interview date and time (it is first-come, first-served for sign-ups). Keep an eye out on your email! (and be sure to check your junk mail!)

Reactions: 12 users
I am hard at work getting everything sorted out and ready for us to start sending out interview invitations tomorrow! The invitations will come via email, and you will get to choose your interview date and time (it is first-come, first-served for sign-ups). Keep an eye out on your email! (and be sure to check your junk mail!)

Thank you soo much!!

Ah, that's fantastic! Honestly, thank you so much for letting us know, it's nice to hear at least some sort of notification date during the waiting game... Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone, hope it's good news all around for us sdn-ers! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys remember. . . its OKAYYYYY...please breathe! haha!

Who am I kidding I'm freaking out over here too ..

Reactions: 1 users
With my stats, I'm not really expecting an invite so soon anyway (if at all). But of course I'm freaking out with the rest of you.

Hah, did other people get that email about the survey? Gave me a heart attack when I saw the email pop up.
I didn't get that, but I probably would have had an actual heart attack if I did. This is killing me.

i give up.. maybe today is not the day :(

Guess not today...

... unless the people who got them aren't on SDN/haven't posted about it

:(:(:(

Hah, did other people get that email about the survey? Gave me a heart attack when I saw the email pop up.

I got the survey too! Did anyone else get one?

In the survey email, they did mention:

Interview invitations will be sent out very soon. We are hoping to begin sending the majority of the interview invitations out by the end of this week or next week.

Interview dates are as follows: December 14, 16, 17, 18 and January 18 and 25.

Got my interview offer, yay!

I just got an interview invitation via email!!!! I had given up hope for the day..... :-D

Hi Everyone! I just sent out a batch of 200+ interview invitations. If you did not get one today, please do not worry! We still have 200+ more to send out and I'll be working on them throughout the week. I am hoping to have them all sent by Friday (though there will still be some stragglers after that even). I know that it is stressful waiting, and we are trying to get them out as quickly as possible! Thank you all for your patience!!

Shayna ([email protected])

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my interview invitation!!!!

Congrats to everyone who received an interview invite today! Hopefully the rest of us get some good news soon, too :)

Hi Everyone! I just sent out a batch of 200+ interview invitations. If you did not get one today, please do not worry! We still have 200+ more to send out and I'll be working on them throughout the week. I am hoping to have them all sent by Friday (though there will still be some stragglers after that even). I know that it is stressful waiting, and we are trying to get them out as quickly as possible! Thank you all for your patience!!

Thank you so much for letting us know! I initially heard that invites may be sent out through December, but it sounds like most of them will be out this week?

Also, should everyone have received a survey?

Thank you so much for letting us know! I initially heard that invites may be sent out through December, but it sounds like most of them will be out this week?

Yes, the plan is to have the majority out this week! There will be some after this week, though, but probably only a small percentage.

Yes, the plan is to have the majority out this week! There will be some after this week, though, but probably only a small percentage.
Thank you! Do you know when rejections will start? Should everyone have received a survey from OSU via e-mail?

sblove, I was typing that exact question as you hit post!

Thank you! Do you know when rejections will start? Should everyone have received a survey from OSU via e-mail?

We will probably not start sending out decline letters until after Thanksgiving, and they will be sent via regular mail. Sending out the decline letters is a bit slower of a process, and since they are sent in the mail, it sometimes takes a couple of weeks. You can, however, check your admissions status via Buckeyelink - declines will show up there immediately after we put them in, and you wouldn't have to wait for the letter in the mail.

Also - I am not sure why some people got the survey and some didn't. I am looking into that and will update you guys when I find out.

Hooray, got an interview and I've got my date and time confirmed already. Thanks so much Shayna for reaching out and keeping us all in the loop in addition to all of the work you're already doing for the admissions cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone who has received an offer!!! :-D

Hooray, got an interview and I've got my date and time confirmed already. Thanks so much Shayna for reaching out and keeping us all in the loop in addition to all of the work you're already doing for the admissions cycle.

Happy to help!! :)

I received my interview offer today :)
Does anyone know how many interview offers are sent relative to how many people applied?

I got an interview offer!

Last edited:
I got an interview! :D Thank you again Shayna for your updates and help, you have already made this long waiting process more bearable!

Yes! As of now we have 240 Ohio applicants and 1147 out of state applicants (compared to last year's 262 Ohio and 1064 out of state). This number may change slightly because people are still working on residency issues, but it will be around those numbers.

Congrats everyone who got an invite today!
Good luck & please try not to stress for those still waiting! (I know that's easier said than done)

Congrats to everyone who got one today! You lucky ducks :) But glad to hear there are still a lot more coming.. still hope for the rest of us! Keeping my fingers crossed!