Ohio State University class of 2018 hopefulls!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Woo! I am happy to say that I received an interview as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been creeping around here' for awhile but finally decided to get a username. Its nice to have a support group through this process :)

Thank you! Do you know when rejections will start? Should everyone have received a survey from OSU via e-mail?
Try not to give up hope in getting an interview with a school unless you've actually seen/gotten a rejection letter or update! I know, easier said than done, but I've been there and done that. It seems that every time I had given up hope on getting an interview invite from a school, they surprised me with an invite! I had gotten myself so worked up over rejections I hadn't even gotten, and it just made everything more stressful. Don't give up hope. Unfortunately, applying to vet school just involves a lot of waiting, so just try not to be stressed and relax during that down time :)
Congrats to all those that got invites :highfive: Hang in there to those still waiting :xf:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone who has gotten an invite!:clap:

I still have my fingers crossed for myself and everyone else who has yet to hear!:luck::xf::luck::xf:

Congratulations to those who received invitations (so far). To those who did, would you mind telling the first initial of your last name? (I'm curious if they did this in alphabetical order.)

Congratulations to those who received invitations (so far). To those who did, would you mind telling the first initial of your last name? (I'm curious if they did this in alphabetical order.)

Not that this is definitely how it was done this year... but I explored last years thread to see how it was done. Shayna popped on last year and said that it was not by competitiveness or name but by when your file review was completed.

I got an offer today too!
Congrats to everyone else who received one too.
And those of you who are still waiting, hopefully you will hear back soon too :]

Not that this is definitely how it was done this year... but I explored last years thread to see how it was done. Shayna popped on last year and said that it was not by competitiveness or name but by when your file review was completed.

Here's hoping it's not done by name. Both of my initials are within the first four letters of the alphabet:xf:

That's good to know! My VMCAS took ages to verify, so I didn't get access to the supplemental to complete my application until rather late. I'm not too sure if I'll be getting an interview regardless, but it's nice to have more possible reasons to cling to hope :)

Last edited:
No interview here yet, but so happy for all who have so far, CONGRATS!!! :soexcited: I did have some in-state residency issues, so hoping that is what held mine back from the first batch! :xf: Hopefully the rest of us will here good news soon :)

I got the survey just now. Almost gave me a heart attack

Got the survey too finally...well at least I know they have my right email address :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Do you know when rejections will start? Should everyone have received a survey from OSU via e-mail?

Everyone should have gotten a survey at this point - if you did not, let me know! ([email protected])

I received my interview offer today :)
Does anyone know how many interview offers are sent relative to how many people applied?

There were 1400 applicants this year, and we plan on sending around 420 interview invitations.

My friend got an interview invite! She is attending on Dec 17 :)

If anyone has any questions about OSU, feel free to PM me :) I honestly don't remember terribly much about the interview process, but I could tell you lots about the school!

So, can we assume that no one got an invite today?

No word here either. Hopefully tomorrow.

Yup no word on my end either.. Good to know we're all in the same boat!
Same here. And yes, definitely good to know that we're all in the same boat :)

Does anyone see any updates on their Buckeye link? Or does it still say 'in review'?

No word here...my application status says "Submitted". Is there a different place you guys are looking or is mine really behind? lol :wideyed:

My buckeyelink didn't change until like 4 months after my interview--I wouldn't rely too much on that.

I found my status, it does say "In Review"!

This might be a silly question. But how do we get our buckeyelink username and stuff?

I got mine when I submitted my supplemental. I believe the only way to access the supplemental was to use the link in the e-mail sent to you. The username was assigned.

I got mine when I submitted my supplemental. I believe the only way to access the supplemental was to use the link in the e-mail sent to you. The username was assigned.
Oh that's right! I can't believe I forgot about that. It seems so long ago. I wonder where I saved that email....

I've been unable to log onto BuckeyeLink for quite a while because I can't remember my password. And according to all the security questions regarding my personal information, I don't know myself as well as I thought I did.

Reactions: 3 users
I received a survey and interview invitation today, but I guess there weren't many sent today? Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! :luck:

Reactions: 1 users
I received a survey and interview invitation today, but I guess there weren't many sent today? Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! :luck:
Congrats belugal! :highfive:

Did anyone else hear today???
Still holding on hope for me and everyone else!:xf::luck:

Congrats! And nope, haven't heard anything yet, but going to keep up hoping! With the additional 200+ that Shayna said were supposed to be going out, I would have thought more SDNers would haved posted.. So fingers crossed it was just a few that went out today and there are still plenty more on the way!

I think Shayna would post here if she sent out the remaining 200 invitations.

I've been lurking the last few days, I guess I should post....I've been obsessively checking my e-mail today......I have my phone on me at work ( I work in a lab and I listen to music on my phone) so I have been checking about every half hour between 9am-5pm.....a few of my co-workers think I'm going insane....most of them support my obsessive e-mail stalking, but they're all keeping their fingers crossed for me....lets hope that's enough!!! My friends all think I've completely lost my mind....I wasn't feeling anxious at all about this whole thing until they sent out the e-mail, saying they were sending out e-mails!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I wasn't feeling anxious at all about this whole thing until they sent out the e-mail, saying they were sending out e-mails!!!!!

Was I supposed to get an e-mail saying they are sending out emails? Or were you referring to the survey?

Was I supposed to get an e-mail saying they are sending out emails? Or were you referring to the survey?

Shayna, one of the staff members as OSU (you may have emailed with her - she was who responded to all of my admissions and application enquiries anyways) posted a few times earlier on this thread about how invites were about to start going out the following day. So far we know at least the first batch of 200+ went out on the first day, and there was supposed to be another 200+ going out, but we haven't had a second rush of people saying they have had interview invites yet, so keeping my fingers crossed they haven't all gone out yet! And the survey mentioned a timeline of most of them being out by the end of next week as well.

Oh yeah I've seen Shayna's posts here (and thank you very much for them, Shayna!). I was just making sure I should have only gotten a survey via email...it just sounded like I should have gotten a different email, but I wasn't sure if that's what HIMYP meant. I'm just paranoid that I will miss something :)

But thanks for clarifying, Cyndia!

Everyone should have gotten a survey at this point - if you did not, let me know! ([email protected])

There were 1400 applicants this year, and we plan on sending around 420 interview invitations.
Shayna,

Do you know if the remaining interview invites will go out today? Thanks!!!

I just got my invite =) I'm not sure if any of my other friends did today but I will ask and let you all know (so hopefully you have a better idea how many went out, I know one person posted on the interview thread)

Just got my interview invite... I was sweatin bullets there for a few days! My friend just got hers too. Very excited. Good luck to everyone else!!

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an invitation as well! They're rolling out. Two of my friends have also received invitations today! Good luck to everyone!

Received mine as well!!!!! Can't believe it!! Hopefully all the other sdners got theirs today too!!:D