OT: Anything goes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dumped my Galaxy S5 Active. 4 months of hell is finally over.

<3 My OPO so far.
  • Light use - go on 2-3 days
  • Moderate use - checking social apps, and news at work 1 day+ with 30-40% charge left by the end of the day
  • Heavy use - I can drain the battery in 4-5 hours screen ON time which is still freaking fabulous

Cricket (AT&T towers) $35/mo is not bad. Bonus $200 free/line from them. If you have a big family, 5 lines = $100/mo with Cricket. Better coverage than Tmo.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not a bad deal but Nexus 9 was $199 sold by HTC like 10 days ago.

Got 2 Google pads and an iPad already, so its time to try something different. also since my kids are hard on them, breaking a $200 one isn't as big of a deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
What ever happened to kids going outside and playing with an i-ball?

What ever happened to kids going outside and playing with an i-ball?
that started dying as soon as Nintendo was invented. remember NES, I thought it was the greatest thing ever when I was a kid.

I got like 5 girls I've either dated or hooked up with that live in Nashville. Sort of weird. I like to imagine they get together in a diner every once in a while and talk **** about me.

Yeah, kind of strange thinking of all those people that came and went, even ones that you thought were so important to you, now all to the wind. Then you start to think of all the possible interactions and possible outcomes, maybe in some other parallel universe another me is living a different version of events.

<3 My OPO so far.
  • Light use - go on 2-3 days
  • Moderate use - checking social apps, and news at work 1 day+ with 30-40% charge left by the end of the day
  • Heavy use - I can drain the battery in 4-5 hours screen ON time which is still freaking fabulous

Cricket (AT&T towers) $35/mo is not bad. Bonus $200 free/line from them. If you have a big family, 5 lines = $100/mo with Cricket. Better coverage than Tmo.

I'm sticking with AT&T because I have unlimited data on my contract but dammit I'm not looking forward to dropping $600 on a new phone.

I'm sticking with AT&T because I have unlimited data on my contract but dammit I'm not looking forward to dropping $600 on a new phone.

There is no unlimited plan. Every data plan gets throttled after hitting a certain limit.
http://www.cio.com/article/2462440/mobile/why-unlimited-wireless-data-is-a-myth.html
http://www.att.com/esupport/datausage.jsp?source=IZDUel1160000000U
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/att-data-throttling-policy-only-legacy-customers-cause-network-congestion-093014.html

I think it's a mistake to throw away a good S5 lol. Other phone is only marginally better in term of battery. Specs wise for 2014 phone are pretty much similar: 801 vs 805 snapdragon; not a big difference on benchmark. Iphone sux a55 in terms of battery life. Droid Turbo is probably the winner in this category; but it's Verizon exclusive.

No, I have unlimited data. I don't pay for 1 GB, 5 GB, whatever. Pay a flat fee and I get unlimited data. As far as throttling is concerned, it hasn't really affected me. I haven't noticed any delays in streaming music or anything like that at all.

I think it's a mistake to throw away a good S5 lol. Other phone is only marginally better in term of battery. Specs wise for 2014 phone are pretty much similar: 801 vs 805 snapdragon; not a big difference on benchmark. Iphone sux a55 in terms of battery life. Droid Turbo is probably the winner in this category; but it's Verizon exclusive.

A 5 hour battery life doesn't make it a good phone lol. It operates smoothly, great functionality, but it has no use to me if it dies before the end of my shift.

No, I have unlimited data. I don't pay for 1 GB, 5 GB, whatever. Pay a flat fee and I get unlimited data. As far as throttling is concerned, it hasn't really affected me. I haven't noticed any delays in streaming music or anything like that at all.

AT&T website said it themselves. Maybe you didn't click the link I gave? Unlimited data plan is no longer available. That legacy plan is dead. Once you hit 5 GB/mo, you WILL be throttled. Music streaming is unaffected because it does not use much data at 512kbps throttling Pandora will work just fine. Check your mobile data usage, once it's over 5 GB do a speed test. Try streaming video in 1080p at the end of your billing cycle once you hit the 5 GB.

A 5 hour battery life doesn't make it a good phone lol. It operates smoothly, great functionality, but it has no use to me if it dies before the end of my shift.

Turn off WIFI, GPS, NFC and Bluetooth? My OPO will last at least 2 days if I didn't use it much with this setting.

Last edited:
I'm on t-mobile unlimited plan. used 9.5 gbs last month as my first ever billing cycle. no throttling at all

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on t-mobile unlimited plan. used 9.5 gbs last month as my first ever billing cycle. no throttling at all
I believe Momus was talking specifically about AT&T's "unlimited" plan. I also have t-mobile specifically for the unlimited data.

Well, the unlimited plan part is still unlimited for all carriers/prepaid plan. It's just the speed will be reduced. Tmobile will throttle you also if you abuse it by torrenting/teethering.

Tmobile has a great $30/mo plan for unlimited data and text, 100 mins. IF your area has great coverage, this will be a steal. With 4G LTE, you don't need minutes at all since you can just call VOIP unlimited minutes with data plan.

Black Fridays coming up, what are some of the hot deals everyone's gunning for? I want to get something, but can't think of anything that is worth getting.

I want the $99 tablet at Aldi... and the $8.88 helicopter at CVS.

If there is a good home surround sound setup at deep discount, I'd consider it.

I want the $99 tablet at Aldi... and the $8.88 helicopter at CVS.

If there is a good home surround sound setup at deep discount, I'd consider it.

I have a man cave where I game, watch college football all day Saturday (when I'm off), and watch tons of movies/tv. But surround sound has never interested me.

Black Fridays coming up, what are some of the hot deals everyone's gunning for? I want to get something, but can't think of anything that is worth getting.

Nothing really good this BF that I really want. There is Panny 50 inch for $200 that's a really good deal for 50 inch brand name TV. I probably end up buying cheap pre-paid phones $20-30 and resell them at Ebay for $75 for fun.

I have had PS4 at release date. This year, Xsux for $330 + 2 games + $50 target giftcard is a great deal for a console.

Normally the Galaxy S4 sells for $429.99 at Cricket Wireless, so the Cyber Monday sale should cut its price down to about $215. The Galaxy S5 is currently priced at $589.99 at Cricket, so it should be reduced to just $295 on Cyber Monday.

Alright, so I dropped a stupid amount of money on "Black Friday" (how is today Friday?). Here is my shopping list:

Best Buy:
Xbox One
Ridiculous TV
Walking Dead games (29.99, 19.99)
XMen Days of Future Past Blu Ray (9.99)

Target:
Went for the Xbox but missed it, so I got some random$4 Blue Ray DVDs instead (Gravity, some others I don't recall right now)

JC Penny:
Corningware set (14.99)
Deep frier (9.99 after rebate)

Bells:
Lots of random Gator stuff (Ties, pillow, shoes, popcorn tin, etc), mostly %50 off.
Lite up palm tree (29.99)

Tomorrow I am planning to pick up a sleep number c2 bed for $599 (maybe, need to try it out). And that will conclude me doing my best to end the recession.

I don't know what I want this year -_-; #firstworldproblem

I ended up buying 12 phones LG Volt Boost Mobile to resell at Ebay LOL. Pays for one OPO/1 day I am not working >_>;

Got some $25 MX shirts at Express, which I'll wear to work, and some casual $10 shirts at Guess, and 1/2 price shoes from Aldo. Didn't get up early or anything, got to the mall around 11, didn't really need anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My BF shopping:
19 phones later - LG Volt Boost $40 - $10 coupon = $30 for a beast cheap phone (3000 mAh, 1.2 Ghz Quad, NFC, IR blaster).

JBL J33a + 50 DVD-R from Radioshack - $10 coupon = $17. Good earphone :-D

$200 Free Capital one 360. I might also open Sharebuilder account to get $150 cash off 5000.

$200 Free from Chase Freedom.

So, phones profit probably $500 + $400 credit from bank = +$900 for a week worth of deal hunting <3

Let's see, I got a blendtec blender for 300, two michael koors jackets (100 each) 3 cashmere sweaters (35 each) 4 ipad airs wifi 16gig (287 each) 2 sets of queen comforters (100 each), coach bag 89, treadmill 300, 20 godiva chocolate gift baskets for techs at work (25 each) plus other random assorted items and clothing total approx 200. Oh and not really a black Friday deal, but also purchased another rental property for 136k for a 14k discount from market price. Yeah it was an expensive month...

Also, is anyone following the 10 year t bill rate, looks like it has dropped nicely and I am in the middle of a refi and hoping to renegotiate the rate for my 15 year fixed.

Got my $99 Aldi tablet. This thing is nice. 1.6ghz quad core, 4.4 Kitkat, integrated GPS with software, gold metal casing. I'm looking forward to using my giant pimp GPS while driving my giant, sky blue pimp car.

Edit: I looked into the software bits...looks like its made by Lenovo.

Last edited:
Got some $25 MX shirts at Express, which I'll wear to work, and some casual $10 shirts at Guess, and 1/2 price shoes from Aldo. Didn't get up early or anything, got to the mall around 11, didn't really need anything.

Love getting dress shirts from Express. Most comfortable shirts out there but damn are they expensive. I only buy them when they're on sale and I pretty much have every color you could imagine.

Love getting dress shirts from Express. Most comfortable shirts out there but damn are they expensive. I only buy them when they're on sale and I pretty much have every color you could imagine.
Love Express, however their MX shirts seem to be some of the most wrinkle prone dress shirts I own...

Cyber Monday shopping... got Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein Rich Chocolate, 10 Lbs. X 4.
-20% off. $278 total for 40 lb <3 darn cheap. Should last me a year.
Decent price with the sale, but I'm not crazy about the brand. It's cheaper than Optimum $ wise, but bigger scoops = less servings per container so $/serving it isn't (and not that I care, but some people whine that it has more cholesterol and fat). I do like their Cinnamon Bun flavor though.

Typically All Star Health has better pricing than BB, but All Star has $5.95 flat rate shipping, so you've gotta get a few things to maximize the cost difference. Haven't seen any cyber monday specials from them yet though.

People actually buy that ****? Eat a peanut butter sandwich and some chocolate milk.

Nike has a good sale on right now. All of their clearance items are 25% off the clearance price. I gotme a Stillers polo and a WVU dryfit shirt.

People actually buy that ****? Eat a peanut butter sandwich and some chocolate milk.

Nike has a good sale on right now. All of their clearance items are 25% off the clearance price. I gotme a Stillers polo and a WVU dryfit shirt.

Too lazy.. I didn't have the time to eat a bunch of eggs in the morning, so I do 2 scoops - 50 G protein and go to work. It's fast and easy. But yea, the cheapest protein source will be $1.89/lb chicken breast. I bought my chicken breast in bulk, last time I bought 80 lb off Zaycon truck. Sometimes, it's still cheaper going to grocery where you can find them at 1.79/lb.

More Cyber Monday deals guys :O
I am thinking of upgrading my 7200 rpm hard drive to SSD... laptop running super slow.

Picked a new headphone up for the gym. Retiring my Sony Erricson HBH IS-800, paid $70 for this >_>; This is going to Ebay because battery life is kind of horrible only 3 last hours.
sony.jpg

Replacing it with Artic P253BT Bluetooth Headphones for $13 great deal, long battery life and probably a lot better sound :-D
artic.jpg

Picked a new headphone up for the gym. Retiring my Sony Erricson HBH IS-800, paid $70 for this >_>; This is going to Ebay because battery life is kind of horrible only 3 last hours.
sony.jpg

Replacing it with Artic P253BT Bluetooth Headphones for $13 great deal, long battery life and probably a lot better sound :-D
artic.jpg
I just ordered this "heart rate monitor" to use up my FSA for the year:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2359DU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got my $99 Aldi tablet. This thing is nice. 1.6ghz quad core, 4.4 Kitkat, integrated GPS with software, gold metal casing. I'm looking forward to using my giant pimp GPS while driving my giant, sky blue pimp car.

Edit: I looked into the software bits...looks like its made by Lenovo.
I am in the market for a tablet. Gonna cave in buying my first tablet ever so I can play some freemium Android games in a big screen lol. This would do it if there is another sale. Hope there is more deals for a tablet. Anything quad core, decent resolution, around 9 inch will do. Absolutely no Apple.

Nice way to spending that FSA $$$ lol.
Yup. Might get a Samsung Gear S watch/phone, too.

edit: Which also includes a heart rate monitor.

Yup. Might get a Samsung Gear S watch/phone, too.

edit: Which also includes a heart rate monitor.
I personally will never use another accessory for a fashion statement or just another duplicate function of my phone. But, Moto 360 design looks sick. The specs are a little less than Gear S tho but you are not bound to only use it with Galaxy phone.

Got myself an AR-15 for Christmas, gonna try to ambush Santa's reindeer tonight. lol, I guess I'm becoming a true Texan.

Who needs an AR 15? If you actually tried to use it for home defense, you'd probably wind up shooting the neighbor child when that rifle round goes through a few layers of drywall and siding.

Just buy a simple shotgun, people. We don't need a bunch of people that think they are Navy Seals running around with a ridiculous red dot sight attachments and such.

Who needs an AR 15? If you actually tried to use it for home defense, you'd probably wind up shooting the neighbor child when that rifle round goes through a few layers of drywall and siding.

Just buy a simple shotgun, people. We don't need a bunch of people that think they are Navy Seals running around with a ridiculous red dot sight attachments and such.

LOL, I'm not even gonna use it for home defense. Living in a gated upper middle class neighborhood is so that I wouldn't have to worry about break-ins. Besides, I doubt a robber would wake me up, then wait for me go unlock the safe and get everything ready.

Several colleagues likes to go out and shoot for fun on the weekends. I'll probably the worst shot of the bunch, but it's just for fun, another toy.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 68

The likelihood of hitting someone you don't intend to is probably higher with a shotgun than an AR-15 with hollow-point bullets. Hollow-point bullets are often vilified because they deform and/or disintegrate when they hit something and cause more trauma. However, physics tells us that the energy that goes into bending and breaking the metal projectile comes from the forward momentum and decreases the chance that it will continue through the object first hit. Shotguns, on the other hand, typically shoot a number of projectiles from the muzzle which spread to some extent and become less likely to all hit your target as distance to target increases.

LOL, I'm not even gonna use it for home defense. Living in a gated upper middle class neighborhood is so that I wouldn't have to worry about break-ins. Besides, I doubt a robber would wake me up, then wait for me go unlock the safe and get everything ready.

Several colleagues likes to go out and shoot for fun on the weekends. I'll probably the worst shot of the bunch, but it's just for fun, another toy.

LMFAO. Look at that ridiculous thing. I guess if the Russians ever invaded you will at least look like you will be able to fight them.

I don't even own a gun anymore. The ol' Mossberg 500 is gone.

The likelihood of hitting someone you don't intend to is probably higher with a shotgun than an AR-15 with hollow-point bullets. Hollow-point bullets are often vilified because they deform and/or disintegrate when they hit something and cause more trauma. However, physics tells us that the energy that goes into bending and breaking the metal projectile comes from the forward momentum and decreases the chance that it will continue through the object first hit. Shotguns, on the other hand, typically shoot a number of projectiles from the muzzle which spread to some extent and become less likely to all hit your target as distance to target increases.

This is what happens. Mr wannabe Special Forces up there gets his 20-round clip filled ar-15, his adrenaline is pumping, and he unloads like 12 shots sprayed wildy in god knows what direction. And they go through drywall, full metal or hallow point.

With a shotgun, you have to pump the damn thing to fire again.

Unless you are insane and get one of those semiautomatic shotguns that nobody would ever need.

I love my township. Check out the sweet new community center we are getting. Indoor basketball court for Mikey on the taxpayer's dime, baby! They were smart about it, too. They bought itfor like 40% off market value because the property was was forclosed on and they got a municipal bond at 3.44%. No, seriously...I love living here. The government is awesome. Living in a liberal, rich ass suburban township was a fantastic decision.

LMFAO. Look at that ridiculous thing. I guess if the Russians ever invaded you will at least look like you will be able to fight them.

I don't even own a gun anymore. The ol' Mossberg 500 is gone.

That's nothing, you should see how tricked out some of my friend's ARs are, camo and all. Have to admit though they do look good, kind of like a that feeling you get when you see a good car.

Anyway, maybe a Texas thing, but just from talking to people, I think half of the people here have guns. Hanging out with buddies shooting is almost as ubiquitous as golfing.