OT: Fitness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Augh! I totally want to join but there are no invites left. Anyone got any invites?

ETA: check the fitocracy twitter feed, I totally snagged an invite with 2 sec of googling.

Oh man this sounds awesome. Could someone shoot me an invite (please :) ) I've been mega lazy lately and this sounds like great motivation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm SO there. So fluffy, too :laugh: Great idea!!

Thanks Fromthebox!

Sounds like fun! Don't know if it's enough to get my lazy butt doing things, but worth a shot, eh?

Um, I didn't see a workout option for "drinking beer and eating gyros in celebration of vet school acceptance"? Surely that must be worth at least 10 points.

Um, I didn't see a workout option for "drinking beer and eating gyros in celebration of vet school acceptance"? Surely that must be worth at least 10 points.
OMG how did I miss your acceptance thread post! Congrats! :D

ETA:
I'm so excited I think I'm going to go run laps around my house before work.
I bet they can track that....

It's worth like 40 points!!! ...on Weight Watchers! :smuggrin:
And CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You people are making me sad.

I truly, truly didn't want to exercise anything tonight, but apparently I'm now in 4th place.

Balls. To the weights.

Box - thanks for posting the link! Got my keister signed up... Seem to be the town elder, but what the hell, if it keeps me going it keeps me going. Hope it's OK that I put my run in from Saturday - seems that's the earliest that folks were posting. However, I'm sad that it doesn't seem to have categories for lugging 'frozen' 40kg hounds from pen to exam table nor do I see anything for hauling monkey cages to and fro. Oh well. Guess I'll have to continue to view my job as 'free' fitness. :rolleyes:

Also:

This group needs Dudes.

Sorry you're getting beaten by chicks.

Also, can't we give you little pre-vet brats a handicap? Anatomy exams are totally cramping my fitness style.

ummmm i just ate sushi, some pad thai, and drunken noodle (all in one sitting) in celebration too :D

we are awesome :cool: this working out thing is gonna work GREAT for us!

ummmm i just ate sushi, some pad thai, and drunken noodle (all in one sitting) in celebration too :D

we are awesome :cool: this working out thing is gonna work GREAT for us!

Love it! :D

Sorry you're getting beaten by chicks.

Also, can't we give you little pre-vet brats a handicap? Anatomy exams are totally cramping my fitness style.

Sure. I totally feel your pain.

12 hours at a desk, doing frappuccino curls, would ruin me for physical activity too.

12 hours deadlifting 100 lb labs and wrestling bloodthirsty rottweilers couldn't possible equal the physical strain you're under.

(Pony up, post-vet elder.)

Sure. I totally feel your pain.

12 hours at a desk, doing frappuccino curls, would ruin me for physical activity too.

12 hours deadlifting 100 lb labs and wrestling bloodthirsty rottweilers couldn't possible equal the physical strain you're under.

(Pony up, post-vet elder.)

I meant all of that time at a desk prevents me from benching Japanese chins or whatever you're mistaking for heavy animals! ;)

I meant all of that time at a desk prevents me from benching Japanese chins or whatever you're mistaking for heavy animals! ;)

I'm not sure what that means, but I think it's racist.

I'm not sure what that means, but I think it's racist.

Not racist, these dogs:

Japanese-Chin.jpg

I know I'm not an idiot.

Darn program won't let me enter my workout. How the heck.... ?

I go to Track, category, find the one I want, it opens but then nothing. It won't let me add the weight in pounds, it won't save anything I've tried to enter.

:(

Box - thanks for posting the link! Got my keister signed up... Seem to be the town elder, but what the hell, if it keeps me going it keeps me going. Hope it's OK that I put my run in from Saturday - seems that's the earliest that folks were posting. However, I'm sad that it doesn't seem to have categories for lugging 'frozen' 40kg hounds from pen to exam table nor do I see anything for hauling monkey cages to and fro. Oh well. Guess I'll have to continue to view my job as 'free' fitness. :rolleyes:
You're welcome!, I put in my Saturday workout as well, figured it was my first time in the gym this year so a good place to start. "Free fitness" lol I miss that part of my old job, riding a bicycle for 5hr straight let me get away with eating terribly in undergrad.
Also:
This group needs Dudes.
I may lack the necessary bits, but I lift decent amounts of weight and hang out in the "guy zone" of free weights... That's kinda like a dude, no?

What kind of handicap? I sit at a desk in a room I can't leave for 10 hrs a day- that's kind of a handicap.

No cat is that ugly.
Well, maybe that voldemort cat is.
You people are making me sad.
I truly, truly didn't want to exercise anything tonight, but apparently I'm now in 4th place.
Balls. To the weights.
See? We're motivating you already.

Y'all gotta take rest days eventually. Don't anybody hurt themselves!

Do some short plank sets. Easy points.

I am going to the gym again tomorrow night, by myself. Scary! You guys are good motivation for me to go to the gym. The gym is motivation for me to complete my astrophysics assignment. Win, win.

I am going to the gym again tomorrow night, by myself. Scary! You guys are good motivation for me to go to the gym. The gym is motivation for me to complete my astrophysics assignment. Win, win.
:D WIN indeed! Keep it up.
John Wayne didn't take rest days.
:thumbup: I don't take "rest" days, I just alternate cardio and bodyweight with lifting.

Oh, and it's damn hard to give props from my iPhone.

Morning workout complete. Inability to log said workout remains in effect.

Fitocracy: 2 k9dane: 0

Anyone help a girl out?

Morning workout complete. Inability to log said workout remains in effect.

Fitocracy: 2 k9dane: 0

Anyone help a girl out?

This is a beta testing...so there are probably just quirks like that. I'm sure you have an alternate (school, maybe?) email you can sign up under. Give that a try? Also, maybe shoot the folks at Fitocracy an email...they may be working to fix problems like that right now.

Uh huh.

Tortoise and the hare, y'all.

I am SO in, but only after I go and eat waffles.

I need to get a code so I can join and kick all of your butts! :D

Oh my god, it's like Everquest for my thighs.

Join Fitocracy for free: http://ftcy.co/wWys1L

My username is hungrylkthewolf. Is it cheating that the only thing I logged so far was from Sunday? My thighs are still sore from it so I think it counts.

Can anyone give me any advice about gym membership? There is a groupon in my area for 3 months for $19, but I have never been to a gym, and I'm a lazy person. Has anyone found that paying for belonging to a gym motivated them?

Can anyone give me any advice about gym membership? There is a groupon in my area for 3 months for $19, but I have never been to a gym, and I'm a lazy person. Has anyone found that paying for belonging to a gym motivated them?

Nope. Motivated me for 3 months max. Im quitting my gym memb this month

Going to the gym this afternoon just because this is now starting to make me competitive. Y'all are way too far ahead for me to catch up, but I refuse to become anymore behind. Let's do this. ;)