OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I used to be shy up until some time in high school. I can tell you about it PM if you want.

But after that and after I started college, I started to be a bit more social. I didn't go out partying a bunch, but I met people and spent time hanging out with friends.

Right now, I'd say that I'm fairly social, but I don't go out of my way to try to hang out with everyone. I'm not antisocial either, and I'll actually talk to people in my class if and when I want to. It's never awkward for me to talk to anyone in my class as long as we don't get too personal :laugh:

I was always very shy going up and naturally thought of myself that way. It's only been recently that people have started telling me I'm one of the most outgoing people they know that I realized I'm not shy anymore lol

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah when I was in elementary school I was shy because I was an only child so being around a lot of people was new to me since I was mostly around adults only at home. In middle school I wasn't so shy anymore, but I mainly had a close group of friends throughout childhood so I can't say for sure how I was since I was fairly close to everyone already (I didn't have to meet new people). I think I kind of felt shy in college because it was really the first time I had to meet allllll new people since I didn't know one person at my university or city. It was a good way to learn how to make friends though. haha I never purposefully sought out friends, but I just went to class and if people approached me then I would talk to them and if we happened to hit it off then we became friends. Now that I am out of college, I am actually a lot better about approaching people and starting a conversation.

I found it really easy to talk to people at my interview because I feel like I have more in common with students at a professional school. I don't have any really really close friends who are pre-professional except one who is still at my undergrad working on a master's/bachelor's degree program and another who went to UF after high school. So I think that is why I talk to people on here so much too. I really hope I get into pharmacy school because then I will meet more people like myself. haha

Yeah when I was in elementary school I was shy because I was an only child so being around a lot of people was new to me since I was mostly around adults only at home. In middle school I wasn't so shy anymore, but I mainly had a close group of friends throughout childhood so I can't say for sure how I was since I was fairly close to everyone already (I didn't have to meet new people). I think I kind of felt shy in college because it was really the first time I had to meet allllll new people since I didn't know one person at my university or city. It was a good way to learn how to make friends though. haha I never purposefully sought out friends, but I just went to class and if people approached me then I would talk to them and if we happened to hit it off then we became friends. Now that I am out of college, I am actually a lot better about approaching people and starting a conversation.

I found it really easy to talk to people at my interview because I feel like I have more in common with students at a professional school. I don't have any really really close friends who are pre-professional except one who is still at my undergrad working on a master's/bachelor's degree program and another who went to UF after high school. So I think that is why I talk to people on here so much too. I really hope I get into pharmacy school because then I will meet more people like myself. haha

I never really had any friends growing up. I was too different from the people in my town, probably because we moved there when I was six and I was used to a big city. Hell a lot of the problems I do have are related to the fact that growing up sucked the big one lol

Members don't see this ad :)

That's definitely true. Sometimes you'll meet people who will understand when you talk to them about your experiences in college, and they can relate to similar experiences.

Sometimes you'll meet someone who can explain to you things about yourself that you never could figure out :laugh: Nothing bad, but sometimes you need someone who has been a teacher or someone who has enough of a psychology background to tell you things about yourself, even if it isn't related to schoolwork.

I never really had any friends growing up. I was too different from the people in my town, probably because we moved there when I was six and I was used to a big city. Hell a lot of the problems I do have are related to the fact that growing up sucked the big one lol

I think it's hard to move into a small town as a kid. Like I said earlier, my town had 25,000 full time residents BUT even still, the small town politics are insane. I remember how hard it was for new students because all of the locals had no clue how to act cordially to a newcomer... it's so weird because I look back on it now and it's just really #&$%ed up. Small towns have an insider/outsider mindset I think.

I think it's hard to move into a small town as a kid. Like I said earlier, my town had 25,000 full time residents BUT even still, the small town politics are insane. I remember how hard it was for new students because all of the locals had no clue how to act cordially to a newcomer... it's so weird because I look back on it now and it's just really #&$%ed up. Small towns have an insider/outsider mindset I think.

LOL. Reminds me of this article...

Florida family gives up on small-town North Dakota

Michael Tristani came from his native Florida wearing gold necklaces and a Rolex and driving a Lexus. He proved as foreign as a flamingo in a place where pickups, farm caps and flannel shirts are de rigueur.

"People thought I was a drug dealer," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100216/ap_on_re_us/us_saving_hazelton

I don't really have any friends. I am sort of anti social until I get to know someone. Then I am super outgoing. Once I am friends with someone, I am the type of friend that would give the shirt off my back. I just don't relate to people here that much. I hope it changes when I am in pharm school. I have some friends that I grew up with who are close to me but they live far from me- phoenix and the surrounding areas are really spread out.

There's that, but I was of a completely different mindset. Until then I grew up without a father and had never been exposed to hunting, fishing, etc. And I never did get into it to be honest with you. Since that is what my town is all about, I was constantly an outsider.

Seriously out of the 75 people I graduated with, I'm one of three who have actually gotten, or will get, a degree that is worth something. I go home and its just awkward because I really have nothing in common with them any more.

And you don't have to explain small town politics. I give examples all the time for 'city kids' and they don't believe me.

Does anyone remember organic chem very well? lol I might have a question or two to try to figure out something for med chem.

Does anyone remember organic chem very well? lol I might have a question or two to try to figure out something for med chem.

I have my O Chem II notes readily available but I'm not sure where my first semester notes are. What are the questions? I'm sure at least 1-2 people might know. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Si, if not I still have my O Chem book lol

I have my O Chem II notes readily available but I'm not sure where my first semester notes are. What are the questions? I'm sure at least 1-2 people might know. lol

Ok I'm using a table of hydrophobic bonding constants to calculate log P. Do you remember some stuff in that area?

Just 3 more weeks of classes....

I have no idea what I'll do for the break. I guess it's time to start talking to people.

Spring break = most badass part of going back to school.

Along with Thanksgiving, Christmas, summer...

I love hopping on Y!M and talking with my former coworkers. "Yeah, I got up around 10:30 today... figure I'll hit the gym, then go watch some TV later, maybe take a nap... anyway, how's them servers treating you?"

:smuggrin:

I'm not sure I'll get a spring break at this stupid CC where I have to finish prereqs. Probably just skip a class or two :laugh:

I'm experimenting with some mixed drinks. Made a ginger-infused simple syrup earlier that I need to try.

Since a few of us since to love Adriana so much, I saw this Lima's picture today and couldn't take my eyes off - what a beauty !

adriana.jpg

I once saw this girl in a commercial and thought it was Adriana Lima, but it's not.

gemeymaybelline1pe9.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijfaBu05oGk[/YOUTUBE]

Somehow, this thread always comes back to talking about attractive women. I am ok with that, though :)

I don't know where it started, I showed up and found some supermodels :confused: No complaints here.

I don't know where it started, I showed up and found some supermodels :confused: No complaints here.

It started with me saying that a P4 at St. John's was pretty :laugh: I still remember that because that's how I turned this thread around back then.

I must be in the distinct minority, but I have zero physiological response from Adriana Lima.

ew. :laugh: JK. I guess neurological responses (being "blown away" by how she looks) would be a physiological response too. Or having your eyes open really wide would count :laugh:

ew. :laugh: JK. I guess neurological responses (being "blown away" by how she looks) would be a physiological response too. Or having your eyes open really wide would count :laugh:

I consider pupil dilation to be a physiological response as noted by Dr. Mary Roach in her book "Bonk" and many other researchers.

I'm sure Dr. Dr. Dr. Meophewers could help us out, too.

Wha? Are those all different people, bob?

We have someone in our medical school who looks like this guy spot on, also known as the "hot fit guy". He is a total douche though:

LUIS1.jpg

sorry for the tangent, but does anyone know a good place to buy foreign DVDs/blu-rays? Preferably region 1 or region-less.

Because most men had the unfortunate experience of being raised by, well, men.

I was raised by women through and through for my entire upbringing. My mom still refers to me as her favorite daughter, at times. LOL.

That's not always bad.

There have been times when some of my friends said "you're such a girl" :laugh: I usually talk to girls all the time, so I've sort of adapted to how they talk and behave around other people.

One time when I was shopping with a couple of girls at Wal-Mart, one girl was buying something for her brother. She turned to me and said "you're guy... what do you think he will like?" and I thought about saying "I have no idea... but I can tell you what girls would like" :laugh: I hope that doesn't make me girly :laugh: