OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The only thing that bothers me is that it limits the number of tracks I can skip per hour.

Yeah what's up with that? Any way to work around it? So far I'm just going with the flow though.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know how you feel about waiting to hear back from pharmacy school. I don't even remember what I was doing between my interview and the day I got my acceptance letter.

Where have you applied and interviewd so far?

I've finished three applications and have been invited for two interviews so far. I went to my first one at Mercer and I have my second one at PBA next week. I'm still waiting to hear from UF, and I'm finishing my LECOM-Bradenton application this week (I was waiting on my last LOR for them, that is why).

I've finished three applications and have been invited for two interviews so far. I went to my first one at Mercer and I have my second one at PBA next week. I'm still waiting to hear from UF, and I'm finishing my LECOM-Bradenton application this week (I was waiting on my last LOR for them, that is why).

That's cool. Where would you choose to go if you got accepted to all of them?

That's cool. Where would you choose to go if you got accepted to all of them?

It's a secret. LOL No but seriously... I won't apply to a school unless I like it a lot and would be happy attending there if I'm accepted, so there are things that I like/love about all 4.

Hmm, how have I gone so long without trying Pandora out?

Impressed so far. College made me forget about finding music outside of the mainstream ish that gets played at every party.

What odd timing! I just discovered Pandora like 2 days ago. I've been streaming music from my blackberry while at the drop-off window. Or at least I was.

One of our cashiers was on her cell phone earlier today while a customer was waiting for her to acknowledge her. When the pharmacist said to put the cell phone away, she exploded saying that it was BS that a tech could have his phone out playing music but she couldn't use hers.

Cell phones: banned. Music: banned. Smiles: banned.

How is medical school treatin ya? Is it really as easy as everyone makes it out to be? :smuggrin:
It's going well, we're wrapping up anatomy this week and then have the final next week.

I actually hold the somewhat controversial opinion that med school isn't as bad as people make it out to be (of course it does get worse after 1st year which is what I'm in now). I think alot of it has to do with expectations; I was used to being really busy and now I'm less busy because the only thing I have to do is school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hockey is where it's at. For the olympics anyways.

Dude, hockey's the best. I miss having season tickets for the Norfolk Admirals (an AHL team). One thing I noticed: in no other sport does everyone yell "Hey! You suck!" during Rock and Roll (part 2) that plays after your team scores.

It made for a very awkward moment at my first baseball game.

Actually found a video of it. Cheesey goal, but glad to see they still do it. :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1leHzVFB4LA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm catching up on Top Chef since everyone said I should!

Make the stuff they make on the show. Some of the desserts are especially good.

Just sort of impossible to make it look and present as good as theirs... that's something to concentrate on in the future, at least a focus of mine

Dude, hockey's the best. I miss having season tickets for the Norfolk Admirals (an AHL team). One thing I noticed: in no other sport does everyone yell "Hey! You suck!" during Rock and Roll (part 2) that plays after your team scores.

It made for a very awkward moment at my first baseball game.

Actually found a video of it. Cheesey goal, but glad to see they still do it. :D

[YOUTUBE]1leHzVFB4LA[/YOUTUBE]

I dunno... college football games can get pretty nasty too.

There are some pretty profane but funny chants that people sing during rival games like UM/FSU... FSU/UF... I'm sure there are others but I'm only familiar with Florida.

I dunno... college football games can get pretty nasty too.

There are some pretty profane but funny chants that people sing during rival games like UM/FSU... FSU/UF... I'm sure there are others but I'm only familiar with Florida.

College football > * in terms of school atmosphere and spirit

College football > * in terms of school atmosphere and spirit

I definitely agree. One thing that blows my mind is how people can get so excited about professional sports. If you attended a school, you have way more of a connection to a team than just "hey, I live in Dallas, so screw off all you Cowboy Haters."

It's the one thing about living in Texas I dislike.

I definitely agree. One thing that blows my mind is how people can get so excited about professional sports. If you attended a school, you have way more of a connection to a team than just "hey, I live in Dallas, so screw off all you Cowboy Haters."

What I don't like about pro sports is how players get moved around so much. If someone's QB for team X in college, short of transferring schools ... they'll always be known as QB for team X. I :love: loyalty ... pro athletes almost never show loyalty to their team.... for them its all about the $$$ :(

la la la bored. Time to put together study guide for finals

i need help to decide.

if i get accepted to CNCP in CA..which is not yet accredited..tuition is about 38K/year. should i go ahead with it?

or should I wait and reapply next year out of state for another school that is cheaper, at least 20K/year cheaper, but requires a PCAT and lose 1 year with the potential of not getting admitted?

One of our cashiers was on her cell phone

wait what

i need help to decide.

if i get accepted to CNCP in CA..which is not yet accredited..tuition is about 38K/year. should i go ahead with it?

or should I wait and reapply next year out of state for another school that is cheaper, at least 20K/year cheaper, but requires a PCAT and lose 1 year with the potential of not getting admitted?

Normally I'd say if you've got a spot waiting on you go for it, but damn... for $80k difference, I think I'd be inclined to wait it out and just try to use the time to improve my acceptability. That's just me though, considering I'm already at the bottom of a pile of school/mortgage debt.

i need help to decide.

Wait til next year.

What I don't like about pro sports is how players get moved around so much. If someone's QB for team X in college, short of transferring schools ... they'll always be known as QB for team X. I :love: loyalty ... pro athletes almost never show loyalty to their team.... for them its all about the $$$ :(

Totally agree... I LOVE college sports. I'll even enjoy sports I'm not normally into just because my school is playing or I know someone who is playing. I'll watch professional sports just because I have a long standing loyalty to the Miami Dolphin/Disappointments along with my entire family, but it's not the same. No matter how bad the team is, I'm never half as upset when they lose as when the Hurricanes lose.

I have loyalty to the players too. Jonathan Vilma and Jeremey Shockey play for the Saints now, but to me they were just Miami players in the Super Bowl. lol

i need help to decide.

If it was me, and this is your first year applying, I would definitely wait another year. I really care about the actual program more than losing a year of pharmacist salary, but that's just me and I'm probably in the minority. It sounds like you are iffy about the school, and if you aren't happy with accreditation issues or tuition than I would wait and take the PCAT and apply to more options. There are schools in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, etc that you can apply to with decent weather, good programs, and everything without going up north. Don't be afraid of the PCAT... it's not that hard if you remember the basics and you can always buy the Kaplan book and study.

Man tuition at Texas A&M is like 7k a year. 38k? Do they kiss you first?

Some of these schools that are popping up everywhere are such a scam. Did you guys read the thread about LECOM students telling interviewees not to go there? That is kinda messed up if the students are saying that about their own program. What do you guys think about that? Let's see...there is DYouville, CNCP, Husson, PCOM, what else are pre candidates?

Last edited:
thanks guys for the advice...i am having a tough time deciding also...i want to wait until next year..but just feel like im old.im in my early 30's..so i just wanna get out! but considerin the debt...oh might!

bump

where is everyone this afternoon? I am going to have a heart attack waiting to hear from UofA (we are going to hear back today!).

Tink, did you get in to Mercer?!??!

bump

where is everyone this afternoon? I am going to have a heart attack waiting to hear from UofA (we are going to hear back today!).

Good luck~

I just got home from class, stuffing down an early dinner before work

Last edited:
Yessss! I'm so excited I could cry! I loveddd it there I'm ready to start right now! Lol

Congrats!!!!!!!! I got into UofA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girl, we rule!

Heck yeah! LOL

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited... we all have been posting on here basically since the beginning of the admissions cycle!

Congrats!!!!!!!! I got into UofA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girl, we rule!

Yessss! I'm so excited I could cry! I loveddd it there I'm ready to start right now! Lol

bump

Heck yeah! LOL

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited... we all have been posting on here basically since the beginning of the admissions cycle!

:) :D :thumbup: :clap: :highfive: :soexcited:

I just got out of class!!!!!!! My heart is still racing!!!!

:D

I still remember how I felt when I found out that I got into pharmacy school. I was completely stress-free that weekend :)

Thanks! It is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

:thumbup:

When you meet your new classmates, you might get a similar feeling :)
Or when you realize how great it is to be in this profession :D

Thanks Crazybob... I've been on my cell phone so I couldn't use any overly excited emoticons!!! LOL

I feel so much better knowing that I got into the school I really wanted :D

I just made chicken salad and now I have to write a paper. I'm going to be so grateful for science once I get done writing all these papers! :laugh: