OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh... if only I had made myself do my physics homework over spring break, I could head over to Best Buy after class the way I had planned. :lame:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I once gave a dollar to a stripper named Sasha. No joke.

lol I always thought that would make a good stripper name right? What about that game when you take the name of your first pet and the street you grew up on to make your stripper name? My first pet was a calico cat named Candy and I grew up on Rose Street... so I guess I would have a pretty sweet name. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
English name
Non-English name

My FB friends know I do.

I've had people call me Fred, John, Jim, Joe, Justin, etc. :laugh:

I've also had people call me Henry. If my classmates knew this, they would probably figure out who I am from asking people who went to my high school or undergrad.

i really dont feel like studying for my huge anatomy exam tomorrow... this class is boring :/

It's better than immunology...That much I can promise

There is only one class I truly hated in undergrad and that was immunology. Not looking to forward to taking it again. :( Anatomy and genetics were probably my favorite, after Ochem and pchem.

cool :) what does it look like?

8am classes (which is fine because I wake up at 530 everyday).

8 courses including:

"Metabolic bases of pharmacology"
"Immunology and Hematology"
"Pharmacy Calculations"
"Interviewing and Counseling Skills"
"Pharmaceutics"
"Pharmaceutics Lab"
"Beginning Pharmacy Practice"
"Case Studies in biochemical pharmacology"

Latest class goes til 4 or 5 but only on two days of the week. The rest of the days it is one unless I don't have lab on Thursday (then is it 11!) Long breaks in the day, too :)

I admit I am a little intimidated by the courses but I think I will be ok. I am super excited!

8 courses including:

"Pharmacy Calculations"
"Pharmaceutics"
"Pharmaceutics Lab"

Latest class goes til 4 or 5 but only on two days of the week. The rest of the days it is one unless I don't have lab on Thursday (then is it 11!) Long breaks in the day, too :)

I admit I am a little intimidated by the courses but I think I will be ok. I am super excited!
That sounds intense, but they way the days are set up sound very manageable. I love morning classes!!! :) For whatever reason, I think I'm more "alert"

8 courses including:

"Pharmacy Calculations"
"Pharmaceutics"
"Pharmaceutics Lab"

There is only one class I truly hated in undergrad and that was immunology. Not looking to forward to taking it again. :( Anatomy and genetics were probably my favorite, after Ochem and pchem.

:thumbup:

:roflcopter::roflcopter::roflcopter::roflcopter:

March 30 at 12:16PM
Fox Nation Punks Itself with Global Warming "News" Story

POSTED BY: Dennis DiClaudio
antarctica.jpg
Jeeze, Fox Nation ran this story yesterday, and I've yet to see any other outlet pick it up. You would think that a thing like this would have been more widely reported…
Famed global warming activist James Schneider and a journalist friend were both found frozen to death on Saturday, about 90 miles from South Pole Station, by the pilot of a ski plane practicing emergency evacuation procedures.
Oh, wow. That's really sad to hear. Thank you, Fox Nation, for bringing this sorrowful and somewhat suspiciously ironic story to light. But what was this famous activist whom I've never heard of doing down there in the first place?
One friend of Prof. Schneider told ecoEnquirer that he had been planning a trip to an ice sheet to film the devastation brought on by global warming. His wife, Linda, said that she had heard him discussing the trip with his environmental activist friends, but she assumed that he was talking about the Greenland ice sheet, a much smaller ice sheet than Antarctica.
"He kept talking about when they 'get down to chili', and I thought they were talking about the order in which they would consume their food supplies", Mrs. Schneider recounted. "I had no idea they were talking about Chile, the country from which you usually fly or sail in order to reach Antarctica."
Oh, wow. That's really… kind of pretty unbelievable. I don't wanna not trust you, Fox Nation, just because you're Fox Nation, but, um… I'm gonna check with Snopes on this one…
The above-referenced ironic tale of a global warming activist's freezing to death in Antarctica was presented on the Fox Nation web site as a straightforward news story on 29 March 2010. However, the original source for the story (which is linked from the Fox site) was a 2006 article from ecoEnquirer.com, a satirical site featuring spoof articles such as "Court Orders Fisherman to Apologize to Eagle" and "Penguins 'Fed Up' with Media Attention."
You know what they say, Fox Nation. The best April Fools jokes are the ones you play on yourself. (Do they say that? I don't know, maybe.)

:roflcopter:

Sidenote: I find it almost disturbing that an Onion article is almost true ... back in 2001 ...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bush-our-long-national-nightmare-of-peace-and-pros,464/
Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over'

January 17, 2001 | ISSUE 43•01 ISSUE 37•01

Related Articles

WASHINGTON, DC–Mere days from assuming the presidency and closing the door on eight years of Bill Clinton, president-elect George W. Bush assured the nation in a televised address Tuesday that "our long national nightmare of peace and prosperity is finally over."
Enlarge Image
Bush-Nightmare_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

President-elect Bush vows that "together, we can put the triumphs of the recent past behind us."
"My fellow Americans," Bush said, "at long last, we have reached the end of the dark period in American history that will come to be known as the Clinton Era, eight long years characterized by unprecedented economic expansion, a sharp decrease in crime, and sustained peace overseas. The time has come to put all of that behind us."

Bush swore to do "everything in [his] power" to undo the damage wrought by Clinton's two terms in office, including selling off the national parks to developers, going into massive debt to develop expensive and impractical weapons technologies, and passing sweeping budget cuts that drive the mentally ill out of hospitals and onto the street.

During the 40-minute speech, Bush also promised to bring an end to the severe war drought that plagued the nation under Clinton, assuring citizens that the U.S. will engage in at least one Gulf War-level armed conflict in the next four years.

"You better believe we're going to mix it up with somebody at some point during my administration," said Bush, who plans a 250 percent boost in military spending. "Unlike my predecessor, I am fully committed to putting soldiers in battle situations. Otherwise, what is the point of even having a military?"

On the economic side, Bush vowed to bring back economic stagnation by implementing substantial tax cuts, which would lead to a recession, which would necessitate a tax hike, which would lead to a drop in consumer spending, which would lead to layoffs, which would deepen the recession even further.

Wall Street responded strongly to the Bush speech, with the Dow Jones industrial fluctuating wildly before closing at an 18-month low. The NASDAQ composite index, rattled by a gloomy outlook for tech stocks in 2001, also fell sharply, losing 4.4 percent of its total value between 3 p.m. and the closing bell.

Asked for comment about the cooling technology sector, Bush said: "That's hardly my area of expertise."

Turning to the subject of the environment, Bush said he will do whatever it takes to undo the tremendous damage not done by the Clinton Administration to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. He assured citizens that he will follow through on his campaign promise to open the 1.5 million acre refuge's coastal plain to oil drilling. As a sign of his commitment to bringing about a change in the environment, he pointed to his choice of Gale Norton for Secretary of the Interior. Norton, Bush noted, has "extensive experience" fighting environmental causes, working as a lobbyist for lead-paint manufacturers and as an attorney for loggers and miners, in addition to suing the EPA to overturn clean-air standards.

Bush had equally high praise for Attorney General nominee John Ashcroft, whom he praised as "a tireless champion in the battle to protect a woman's right to give birth."

"Soon, with John Ashcroft's help, we will move out of the Dark Ages and into a more enlightened time when a woman will be free to think long and hard before trying to fight her way past throngs of protesters blocking her entrance to an abortion clinic," Bush said. "We as a nation can look forward to lots and lots of babies."

Enlarge Image
onion_news1182_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

Soldiers at Ft. Bragg march lockstep in preparation for America's return to aggression.

Continued Bush: "John Ashcroft will be invaluable in healing the terrible wedge President Clinton drove between church and state."

The speech was met with overwhelming approval from Republican leaders.
"Finally, the horrific misrule of the Democrats has been brought to a close," House Majority Leader Dennis Hastert (R-IL) told reporters. "Under Bush, we can all look forward to military aggression, deregulation of dangerous, greedy industries, and the defunding of vital domestic social-service programs upon which millions depend. Mercifully, we can now say goodbye to the awful nightmare that was Clinton's America."

"For years, I tirelessly preached the message that Clinton must be stopped," conservative talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh said. "And yet, in 1996, the American public failed to heed my urgent warnings, re-electing Clinton despite the fact that the nation was prosperous and at peace under his regime. But now, thank God, that's all done with. Once again, we will enjoy mounting debt, jingoism, nuclear paranoia, mass deficit, and a massive military build-up."

An overwhelming 49.9 percent of Americans responded enthusiastically to the Bush speech.

"After eight years of relatively sane fiscal policy under the Democrats, we have reached a point where, just a few weeks ago, President Clinton said that the national debt could be paid off by as early as 2012," Rahway, NJ, machinist and father of three Bud Crandall said. "That's not the kind of world I want my children to grow up in."

"You have no idea what it's like to be black and enfranchised," said Marlon Hastings, one of thousands of Miami-Dade County residents whose votes were not counted in the 2000 presidential election. "George W. Bush understands the pain of enfranchisement, and ever since Election Day, he has fought tirelessly to make sure it never happens to my people again."
Bush concluded his speech on a note of healing and redemption.

"We as a people must stand united, banding together to tear this nation in two," Bush said. "Much work lies ahead of us: The gap between the rich and the poor may be wide, be there's much more widening left to do. We must squander our nation's hard-won budget surplus on tax breaks for the wealthiest 15 percent. And, on the foreign front, we must find an enemy and defeat it."

"The insanity is over," Bush said. "After a long, dark night of peace and stability, the sun is finally rising again over America. We look forward to a bright new dawn not seen since the glory days of my dad."
terminator.gif

Last edited:

8 courses including:

"Pharmacy Calculations"
"Pharmaceutics"
"Pharmaceutics Lab"

I think you've had it in your sig for a while, but I just now realized you're going to University of Arizona.

Guess what? I'm listening to a Podcast where someone from AJHP is talking to Dr. Elizabeth Hall-Lipsy who is at the University of Arizona.

I think you've had it in your sig for a while, but I just now realized you're going to University of Arizona.

Guess what? I'm listening to a Podcast where someone from AJHP is talking to Dr. Elizabeth Hall-Lipsy who is at the University of Arizona.

Sweet :) what are they talking about?

Sweet :) what are they talking about?

Pharmacotherapeutic disparities. If you ever take a class in public health, you'll learn about healthcare disparities. It's just differences in treatments and plans based on race, gender, etc.

8 courses including:

"Pharmacy Calculations"
"Pharmaceutics"
"Pharmaceutics Lab"

I'm hoping that the Pharmacy Practice Labs and the Experiential courses will be a bit easier for me considering my wealth of experience in retail. Then again, I could be terribly wrong lol

why is it that i do better for exams when i wing it, don't read the assigned chapters or study?

wtf :/

Pharmacotherapeutic disparities. If you ever take a class in public health, you'll learn about healthcare disparities. It's just differences in treatments and plans based on race, gender, etc.

I have done some work with health disparities/inequities, mostly with LGBTQ and Latino populations. This May I am going to New Mexico to be a part of a health leadership institute regarding Native American health issues. We get to go onto the reservations and everything. It is going to be awesome! I love public health/health advocacy. It will be one of my areas of focus in my practice- I will probably get an MPH or something.

Dunno if anyone here would have any input, but...

Anyone familiar with the GMAT?

I'll probably be taking it in the next few months, trying to figure out which study aids might be worth investing in.

Dunno if anyone here would have any input, but...

Anyone familiar with the GMAT?

I'll probably be taking it in the next few months, trying to figure out which study aids might be worth investing in.

Hmm, I'll have to check my storage closet after the midterm today. I have my roommate's old GMAT materials.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEJECTED. What a nice late b-day present for me, not even waitlisted :laugh:

Well then, I just completely lost motivation to study or even take today's midterm ... seeing how all the classes I'm taking right now are just to fulfill pre-reqs for a program I was just rejected to :confused:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEJECTED. What a nice late b-day present for me, not even waitlisted :laugh:

Well then, I just completely lost motivation to study or even take today's midterm ... seeing how all the classes I'm taking right now are just to fulfill pre-reqs for a program I was just rejected to :confused:

Are you still waiting to hear back from other schools?

Meh, bad stuff always happens around me when it comes down to UCSF stuff. It really is bad karma. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't go there.

Hopefully you get into USC this year! If you did wait... would you consider applying out of state? Or maybe just more California schools since there are a lot of them?

I don't even have a microbiology book. lol
I'm thinking of waiting until mid semester next fall to even see if i should buy books.... i noticed too this semester you can easily skate by without them... PLUS the library has them all for use too.... so maybe i can save some moolah in the future!!

I know you probably don't want to here this, but I'm sorry. Apply next year, show them how badly you want it! :p

I'm thinking of waiting until mid semester next fall to even see if i should buy books.... i noticed too this semester you can easily skate by without them... PLUS the library has them all for use too.... so maybe i can save some moolah in the future!!
I know you probably don't want to here this, but I'm sorry. Apply next year, show them how badly you want it! :p

Or you can have the professor put the textbook on course reserve if you don't mind studying in the library. :) Works everytime! And it saves tons of money.