OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do you hear from USC? Maybe you should try applying to OOS schools?

Hopefully you get into USC this year! If you did wait... would you consider applying out of state? Or maybe just more California schools since there are a lot of them?

Probably never and never.

I guess this frees up money not-going-to-tuition to buy a new car....

Members don't see this ad.

I will reapply depending on what Joel tells about my application, if he ever gets back to me ...

Otherwise, I think I've had enough rejections the past 12 months to last a lifetime and a half... and it's not just from schools :thumbdown:. I've developed a severe case of learned helplessness and a USC rejection will be the last nail in the coffin.

And no, I won't apply OOS for many many many reasons.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a pretty sweet timing of events. Basically they're letting us double dip with Hazelwood and the GI Bill. I knew all that time in the Navy would be useful.

Yeah I remember you telling me about that some time ago, but that's crazy! I guess it wouldn't help much for me, though, because I am not taking any classes that would really need to be "refunded".

Not like my wife would've let me stay in TX anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meh, I think I'm done with SDN. If I get an acceptance maybe I'll be back

Adios.

Meh, I think I'm done with SDN. If I get an acceptance maybe I'll be back

Adios.

I might also do the same. I really have to get down to intense studying for the next 5 weeks. Contact me with PM or in our off-topic group or on FB.

I really want to try to do better in my classes.

I'll be back when summer starts.

Apparently if you are in a graduate program, you pay grad school hourly rates even if you are taking undergrad courses.... :lame:

Also gratz Mr. pharm B sir :thumbup:

Apparently if you are in a graduate program, you pay grad school hourly rates even if you are taking undergrad courses.... :lame:

Also gratz Mr. pharm B sir :thumbup:

Yeah- my gf is in the same predicament. Even though she is taking pre-reqs, because she is a doctoral student, she gets charged doctoral rates :/ sneaky little buggers they are.

I finally got a new phone... I had to haggle the guy in att just to not pay 400 dollars. He gave me 70 dollars off plus a 100 dollar mail in rebate so it turned out to be around 250 with tax. That's not too bad for a bb I guess. My mom's housecleaner broke her arm so I got paid 100 to clean the house for Easter weekend but it took me like 5-6 hours lol

I finally got a new phone... I had to haggle the guy in att just to not pay 400 dollars. He gave me 70 dollars off plus a 100 dollar mail in rebate so it turned out to be around 250 with tax. That's not too bad for a bb I guess. My mom's housecleaner broke her arm so I got paid 100 to clean the house for Easter weekend but it took me like 5-6 hours lol

100 dollars for 5-6 hours isn't bad pay at all :)

So what kind of BB did you get?

I'm trying not to use any of my work money to buy things so I can save it for pharmacy school. Lol. I got a curve 8900... I had a bold but I didn't like it that much because it was a little bigger and didn't look as cool. Lol

I'm trying not to use any of my work money to buy things so I can save it for pharmacy school. Lol. I got a curve 8900... I had a bold but I didn't like it that much because it was a little bigger and didn't look as cool. Lol

I have the curve, too, and I absolutely LOVE it. :love:

I love my 8900.

The first step is to download the app called BerryBuzz so you can customize the color of the LED light for various purposes (way handier than you think it would be)

Then head on over to DecalGirl.com and purchase a wicked skin

I love my 8900.

The first step is to download the app called BerryBuzz so you can customize the color of the LED light for various purposes (way handier than you think it would be)

Then head on over to DecalGirl.com and purchase a wicked skin

True... I'm going to do that now! So the LED light is the thing that blinks red when the phone dies etc? It let's you know when something is going on with the phone basically?? I'm in the process of making my phone cool again... But I do like this one better than the bold!

True... I'm going to do that now! So the LED light is the thing that blinks red when the phone dies etc? It let's you know when something is going on with the phone basically?? I'm in the process of making my phone cool again... But I do like this one better than the bold!

It flashes when you have a message (SMS, MMS, email, etc) or when you have a voice mail or miss a call or the battery is low... lol

It's like 4 bucks from crackberry.com but I couldn't live without it

Crackberry.com! lol I saw it on a few different websites and I wasn't sure which I should chose... but the one I went on said it was 5.95, but that's not too bad.

Does anyone use Myxer.com to make their own ringtones? You upload songs from your computer and then you slide the box over whatever portion of the song you want and you can make it longer or shorter depending on where you want the ringtone to end. Then you can make it fade in/out, change the volume, etc. It's really cool if you want unique ringtones.

Then all you do is type in your number and it sends you a text message where you can download the ringtone and save it.

Crackberry.com! lol I saw it on a few different websites and I wasn't sure which I should chose... but the one I went on said it was 5.95, but that's not too bad.

Does anyone use Myxer.com to make their own ringtones? You upload songs from your computer and then you slide the box over whatever portion of the song you want and you can make it longer or shorter depending on where you want the ringtone to end. Then you can make it fade in/out, change the volume, etc. It's really cool if you want unique ringtones.

Then all you do is type in your number and it sends you a text message where you can download the ringtone and save it.

It does mp3s up to only 40 seconds. I was gonna upload one that is 41 seconds.

I do it another way.

I use a program called Audacity. I import the mp3, cut out the parts I don't want, change the fades, etc and viola its done.

Then I connect the BB to the computer via the usb cable and put it on the phone.

Where should I go to school guys? :(

Ahhh, I'm debating the same issue myself........ :( While it's a fortunate position to be in, decision making SUCKS.

Ahhh, I'm debating the same issue myself........ :( While it's a fortunate position to be in, decision making SUCKS.

You should not even be thinking about this.The answer to your question is come here. :smuggrin:

Lea, congrats on another acceptance and on becoming a mod !

I missed where else you got accepted to, share with us so we can help you make a decision. :love:

Bob, are you going to AMCP conference in San Diego ? Is anyone besides me going from SDN ?

You should not even be thinking about this.The answer to your question is come here. :smuggrin:

I missed where else you got accepted to, share with us so we can help you make a decision. :love:

Bob, are you going to AMCP conference in San Diego ? Is anyone besides me going from SDN ?

Minnesota. And yes, making the decision SUCKS!

It does mp3s up to only 40 seconds. I was gonna upload one that is 41 seconds.

It lets me upload the entire song and then I chose a 40 second clip. All you have to do is cut one second off and then you've got a ring tone. My phone only rings for about 30 seconds anyway I think before it cuts off though.

I have the same question.. but me.

Where are you choosing between? Did you get accepted to Maryland? If not Maryland you should go to Mercer duhhh. LOL

:laugh: That's what all my friends keep saying. Logically, there's a little voice in my head going, of course in state! You save all that tuition money! But there's another much larger part of me going, are you CRAZY??? You GOTTA go to UCSF!

I'm so excited to have my phone back I took its first picture on the way home from getting it!

blvd.jpg

Ditto here! :scared:

I got another week before the deposit deadlines start to end!

I agree with Pharm B - The money comes and goes, but your school experience will be with you forever!

Pretty much what I thought, even thought could have saved big bucks by going to OSU instead since you gain residency after first year and then pay only 17 k a year after that. Plus the living expenses vary drastically.

Come where you will feel the happiest and where you feel like you'll be able to realize your potential to the fullest extent.

Pretty much what I thought, even thought could have saved big bucks by going to OSU instead since you gain residency after first year and then pay only 17 k a year after that. Plus the living expenses vary drastically.

Come where you will feel the happiest and where you feel like you'll be able to realize your potential to the fullest extent.

Yep!

Great minds, you know. :D

I feel the same way... UF still has over half their interview dates out, but I honestly don't think I would be as happy staying here even with the tuition if I got in. I want to go to a place I know I will be less stressed and be able to learn the most and make the best grades and decisions. If the more expensive school is that, then go for it. Both are good schools so that really shouldn't matter. It sounds like it just comes down to the place that makes you the most happy. Will you be sad away from home or will you regret staying in state ( we both complain about Fl and Az a lot lol ). Which curriculum do you like better? Facilities? City? Etc

Don't get me wrong, UofA has an amazing program. It is top-notch, has great faculty, the students are super nice, and the opportunities are endless. I would love the program. I just don't know if I would like living in Tucson. I am so ready for a change...the summers have become almost unbearable. The one thing that Minnesota does have that UofA doesn't is the optional research track (like an additional 25 credits). However, it seems like there are better rotation sites at UofA. Even if I get into the nitty gritty, in the end, the programs themselves come out equivalent (IMO). So, it comes down to location vs. cost.

This is offtopic, but my dad was so excited he sent me pictures I wanted to share. He went to a premier of this Russian new hit movie and aparently, Miss World 2008 was starring as a main herroine and he got to take pictures with her:

IMG_83862.jpg

IMG_83881.jpg

IMG_83872.jpg