OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let me just pop in to say... Pokemon X is simply amazing. It is the pokemon game we have all been waiting for. They definitely worked to make this one superior, I love it! Only about 3 hours in (since now I have to study) but I can't wait to dive back in.

That's my problem. I have self-control enough not to start, but once I get going there's no way :laugh:

I've been fighting an internal debate for months now whether to buy a 3DS or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That's my problem. I have self-control enough not to start, but once I get going there's no way :laugh:

I am the same way. :laugh:

In a lot of aspects of life, I've noticed. All or nothing.

Zelda concert was awesome and I really want to dig out the N64, but I dare not...

I love my 3DS. I mostly just play Animal Crossing: New Leaf, though... I've never really played any Pokemon games.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm kind of a beginner PC gamer...haven't completed many games yet and I only have my laptop to play on, but I love what I have played. BioShock is my favorite franchise (ok...those three games are the only ones I've completed other than Portal and The Walking Dead :oops: ), I've also played L4D a lot and Minecraft is probably the game I play most frequently these days. I just started Half-Life a couple days ago.
I probably spend more time watching Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter videos than actually playing games myself :p

I've been fighting an internal debate for months now whether to buy a 3DS or not.

I wasn't going to get a 3DS, but I have to get the new pokemon game. I have to hold out though...

I've been doing the exact same thing. I might cave after this semster once I see how much money I have left over.

Just discovered Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum is on sale for $9.99 on Steam right now. Sooooooo tempting!

I have been addicted to this IPad game Puzzles and Dragons. It is sneakily addicting.
It is FREE.

Here is the description... (which doesn't give it justice)
Puzzle & Dragons combines the key elements of a puzzle game, a dungeon-crawling RPG, and a monster-collecting adventure!
Players command a team of monsters as they explore dungeons, collect treasure and battle powerful foes along the way. Attack foes by sliding colorful orbs across the screen to make 3-in-a-row matches. Strategize team building and make full use of the opponents' elemental weaknesses to deal massive amounts of damage.

Swap ID codes with friends and recruit each others' monsters as invaluable helpers. With hundreds of monsters to collect, players can build the perfect team to conquer any dungeon!

I finished up A Link Between Worlds over break. Really enjoyed it! I should hopefully be getting a new game or two tomorrow, so I'll be playing those :D *hoping for Super Mario 3D World* I'm still like 10 years old at heart.

Steam sales, whyyyyyy?

I bought it. I regret nothing.

:laugh:

I keep going back and forth. On the one hand, I loved the old RCT, I'm bored right now, and since this is a holiday deal it probably won't be this cheap again for a while. On the other hand, I reeeeaaaaalllyy don't need something that's going to encourage me to waste time when school starts again. Decisions, decisions.

:laugh:

I keep going back and forth. On the one hand, I loved the old RCT, I'm bored right now, and since this is a holiday deal it probably won't be this cheap again for a while. On the other hand, I reeeeaaaaalllyy don't need something that's going to encourage me to waste time when school starts again. Decisions, decisions.

Understandable. But I figure if I'm going to waste time when I should be working I'm going to waste time either way even if I have to find something else to do. My break just started so I've got a whole month to get over the "omg new game I must play it" urge. I got Bioshock Infinite as a gift also (that ones for my xbox).

I got a pretty turquoise 3DS and Pokemon X. I know exactly what I'll be doing for the rest of break!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't going to get a 3DS, but I have to get the new pokemon game. I have to hold out though...
That's how I feel. Was hoping to get one for Christmas, but the boyfriend didn't get the hint... :p He did give me Skyrim, Portal merchandise, and a Pokémon belt, so I guess he isn't all that bad. I also recently bought Dragon Age.

If anyone is interested, there is apparently a veterinary group on Steam. I can make one for SDN gamers.

Edit: Done! I'll make it look nicer later. Look up Student Doctor Network Gamers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
On the 3ds I typically only play Pokemon or harvest moon (if you play pokemon, you should give me your friend ID!)

On 360/PS3 I typically play first person shooters or RPGs (pretty much anything bethesda or bioware). The only thing I play on the computer is MMORPGs or Sims...whatever category Sims is in. :D

BAM Done ;) Friend code:
1118 0726 5253
I do play Pokemon. Right now, I just started Mario and Luigi: Dream Team!!

That's how I feel. Was hoping to get one for Christmas, but the boyfriend didn't get the hint... :p He did give me Skyrim, Portal merchandise, and a Pokémon belt, so I guess he isn't all that bad. I also recently bought Dragon Age.

If anyone is interested, there is apparently a veterinary group on Steam. I can make one for SDN gamers.

Edit: Done! I'll make it look nicer later. Look up Student Doctor Network Gamers.

Joined yo group.

Joined!!

WW (edit - nickname of the old man for those who don't know) and I play a lot of L4D and L4D2. Usually at least Expert or Expert Realism, but we're willing to date down to Advanced :D

Joined as well! Only have a couple games and don't play overmuch though.

I joined too! Yay for steam friends!

I'm thinking about just giving in and buying a 3DS soon...

Anyway, thanks to everyone who joined the group! I haven't had much computer access lately, so I won't really be able to play any Steam games until I get back to MS. :( I think it says I own about 81 games. Most I received when buying the Valve complete set in a sale a few years back or from donating in the occasional Humble Bundle. I usually play Portal, Audiosurf, or a few other games, but I just got Dragon Age and Skyrim as well. I do like Unreal Tournament though it's been a while since I played.

My boyfriend surprised me by buying me the Brave New World expansion for Civilization V. So many new things to play with! Now I'm not getting anything done. . .

The Wii U has been bad for my New Year's Resolution routine. It is more fun with a friend though.

Just started playing Path of Exile via Steam and I am addicted! I have vowed to keep as a weekend only thing so I do go down the rabbit hole :D

Pretty hardcore gamer when not in school. Started when I was really young with our Sega Genesis or our PS1, cause my Dad is a gamer. We had LAN parties all through middle school and high school. Now we do the same without the wires. lol. We'll have 7 TVs with 7 XBOXes in my friend's basement playing on the same Minecraft world for over 12 hours straight during breaks. Have a PS1, PS2, N64, several 360s (cause one for my dad and sister at home and one here), and a Gameboy Advance SP. Pokemon, Mario, Tomb Raider, Halo, Assassin's Creed, Minecraft, Bioshock are my favorites (especially Halo!).

Huge pokemon fan here. Have been playing since Red/Blue and own a huge pokemon toy collection.
I also enjoy tabletop games like Zombies, D&D and Arkham Horrors.
Occasionally will play ps3, 360, and PC games. Right now im playing the Harry Potter Lego series with the boyfriend, playing Psychonauts on PC, and Zelda on N64.
Still trying to complete my Pokemon X game but i play mostly for fun and get bored when i beat the elite 4 :p

would love to exchange friend codes with you guys! :)

Huge pokemon fan here. Have been playing since Red/Blue and own a huge pokemon toy collection.
Occasionally will play ps3, 360, and PC games. Right now im playing the Harry Potter Lego series with the boyfriend, playing Psychonauts on PC, and Zelda on N64.
Still trying to complete my Pokemon X game but i play mostly for fun and get bored when i beat the elite 4 :p

Psychonauts is great! I'm about at the elite 4 on X but haven't had time to play pretty much since break ended.

2981-5903-3701

For anyone interested in supporting charity through videogames:
https://www.humblebundle.com/
The current bundle is Sid Meier games!

Oh soooooo tempting. I'm probably going to buy it.

And I'm going to throw this out there: EVERYONE SHOULD BUY THIS! 'Cause as long as you pay more than $9.30 you'll get Civilization V, and we could all have a giant SDN Civ V game and it would be nuts!

And I'm going to throw this out there: EVERYONE SHOULD BUY THIS! 'Cause as long as you pay more than $9.30 you'll get Civilization V, and we could all have a giant SDN Civ V game and it would be nuts!

This would be awesome. However, I only have a 360 and I don't think it is available on 360, is it?

Secondly, I would love to get a team of four together for the Fight Like A Girl Halo tournament that's in October if any of you might be interested.

I bought all of them, but I haven't played Civilization yet. I think my boyfriend and I might play it this coming weekend. If all goes well, I'm possibly up for a massive game if school doesn't get in the way. I've been putting my time in Skyrim and another game on Steam recently.

Still no 3DS yet...my birthday isn't too far off, so if I haven't gotten one by then, I'm just going to buy one.

This would be awesome. However, I only have a 360 and I don't think it is available on 360, is it?
It's for the PC.

The bf keeps trying to get me to play Civ. A SDN Civ V game might help convince me even more.

I bought all of them, but I haven't played Civilization yet. I think my boyfriend and I might play it this coming weekend. If all goes well, I'm possibly up for a massive game if school doesn't get in the way. I've been putting my time in Skyrim and another game on Steam recently.

Still no 3DS yet...my birthday isn't too far off, so if I haven't gotten one by then, I'm just going to buy one.

It's for the PC.
Mmm Skyrim. So delicious. I'm going to buy it for PS3 with game of the year edition so I can get all the achievements for the DLC. When I first got it (for 360), I played it for like a week straight to get all 50 achievements lol

The bf keeps trying to get me to play Civ. A SDN Civ V game might help convince me even more.

I originally bought it because my bf suggested that it would be a good game for us to play together online while I'm away. Problem is that the games are long and super addicting so I only allow myself to play a couple times a semester.

I paid $40 for Gods and Kings and that was an awesome deal at the time. Then my bf got me the Brave New World expansion for another ~$10 through a deal on Steam. So all other games in the bundle aside, just getting Civ V and all the expansions to date for only $10 is an absolute steal.

I originally bought it because my bf suggested that it would be a good game for us to play together online while I'm away. Problem is that the games are long and super addicting so I only allow myself to play a couple times a semester.

I paid $40 for Gods and Kings and that was an awesome deal at the time. Then my bf got me the Brave New World expansion for another ~$10 through a deal on Steam. So all other games in the bundle aside, just getting Civ V and all the expansions to date for only $10 is an absolute steal.
yeah, humble bundle has taken a lot of my money... but its for a good cause, so even if i don't play most of any of the games i purchase...

they have weekly deals and bigger ticket bundles frequently... There was an EA one (Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Crysis, Battlefield 3, Command and Conquer, Populous all for $6), WB one (Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman Arkham City GOTY, F.E.A.R 1-3, Scribblenauts Unlimited, also all for $6), another cool random one (Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack, Magicka, Serious Sam 3: BFE $6)... And now this Sid Meier one (I splurged and spent $16 to get Brave New World expansion on top of entire Civ 4 and Civ 5)...

I just got the Civ humble bundle at my brothers request because he wanted to play with me, and I had never played before. It's a lot to take in never having played it before. Haha. I think I'm getting the hang of it though.

I've always wanted to play the Civ games... Looks like now would be a good time to try them!

Anyone play Dark Souls? :p

I've always wanted to play the Civ games... Looks like now would be a good time to try them!

Anyone play Dark Souls? :p
I don't, but my friend has been playing it recently. He says after Binding of Isaac it's perfectly fair. Or as he puts it:
My point is don't start ****ing about hard games until you have had to do battle with the devil using nothing but your own tears and a handful of cherry bombs.

yeah, humble bundle has taken a lot of my money... but its for a good cause, so even if i don't play most of any of the games i purchase...

they have weekly deals and bigger ticket bundles frequently... There was an EA one (Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Crysis, Battlefield 3, Command and Conquer, Populous all for $6), WB one (Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman Arkham City GOTY, F.E.A.R 1-3, Scribblenauts Unlimited, also all for $6), another cool random one (Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack, Magicka, Serious Sam 3: BFE $6)... And now this Sid Meier one (I splurged and spent $16 to get Brave New World expansion on top of entire Civ 4 and Civ 5)...
Same here! I've barely played any of the games I've bought. However, that WB bundle was awesome. It tried out the Batman ones, and they were fun. I also splurged on the Sid Meier one. :)

Here's another bundle:
http://groupees.com/bm11
I usually use this site to track them (there are a few games I'd like to try that I'm hoping go into a bundle one day - some of them have previously):
http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/

I don't, but my friend has been playing it recently. He says after Binding of Isaac it's perfectly fair. Or as he puts it:

Binding of Isaac is awesome. I'm not sure if you guys already talked about whether people play it or not. But I love it.

I finally got a 3DS because my boyfriend is awesome! I was debating between the original and XL, but I went with the XL Mario & Luigi edition since it came with a game already (and I thought the bigger screen might be better for the eyes). I think the original looks better, but the XL was more convenient for gameplay. If you are debating whether to get the system, now might be the time. When you buy a new 3DS and a game for it (there's a specific list of games that qualify), you get a free copy of Pokemon X or Y! The promotion is only this month, though.

I'm a pretty big gamer when I'm not really busy with school. Lately I've been really into Diablo 3 and I'm super excited about Reaper of Souls coming out soon. I play PC and XBox 360 mainly but I did also recently get a 3DS so I have Pokemon X and Harvest Moon for that :)

Dark souls 2 is out. From a complete addict of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1:

It needs to be summer because I need this in my life.
Ahhh I'm so happy you said this. I was thinking it was coming out in the nebulous future, I didn't realize they had a release date(and that it was so soon!!). Can't wait to play it!