Pacific University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not exactly sure... as the above posts are trying to figure that out as well, haha. When did you turn in your application?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

Holy crap am I happy I found this forum...

Does anyone know about how many students are interviewed total?
I'm going to the Feb 8 interview and got my email on Jan 21
Also, any new information on if there is any meaning behind getting a February interview vs. a March one?

hmm..seems like most people on here turned in their application early. I didn't because Jon said that they are not rolling admissions. So I only got an e-mail verifying that everything was received on Jan. 17. So I'm guessing that's why I didn't get notification for an interview on Feb. 8. gocougs2013 did you have interviews anywhere else?

Congrats. We are also trying to figure out why we weren't invited but all turned our stuff in early- seems crazy that none of us got an interview. They said it was priority for the Dec 5th. It would have been nice to have another month. It seems like I fussed about getting everything together for early deadline for nothing. I honestly don't think the day of interview matters. I know people that interviewed Feb and March and got on the waiting list. So, I hope that the first interview group is just because they reviewed those first. Fingers Crossed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application before Dec. 5 but I didn't have my letters of recommendation in for a few days after that, so I'm not sure if I'm considered priority applicant or not. I have a feeling the interview date doesn't matter either, it's probably just to break it all up to be less overwhelming with how many applicants they get. As for interviews at other schools, I have one at University of Mary in North Dakota in February. I haven't heard anything from any of the other schools. Fingers definitely crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone!

Holy crap am I happy I found this forum...

Does anyone know about how many students are interviewed total?
I'm going to the Feb 8 interview and got my email on Jan 21
Also, any new information on if there is any meaning behind getting a February interview vs. a March one?

I went to an open house at Pacific in November and they said they usually interview around 100 applicants. I don't think there is a meaning behind getting a February interview vs. a March one, but I'm not positive.

I submitted all of my materials early and didn't hear about an interview last week so I was bummed, but about an hour ago I received an email inviting me to the February 8th interview. I'm very excited but am surprised it came so late. Looks like I'll be seeing you there!

I went to an open house at Pacific in November and they said they usually interview around 100 applicants. I don't think there is a meaning behind getting a February interview vs. a March one, but I'm not positive.

I submitted all of my materials early and didn't hear about an interview last week so I was bummed, but about an hour ago I received an email inviting me to the February 8th interview. I'm very excited but am surprised it came so late. Looks like I'll be seeing you there!

Ahh, 100 people is daunting when there are only like 30 seats! I feel like pretty much everyone there will be incredible candidates with how competitive OT schools have become. Definitely freaks me out, Pacific is my top choice! Congrats on getting an interview, I'll be seeing you in February!

I submitted my online application on December 5th, but my letters of recommendation weren't in until probably the 10th or so. So my actual application was in by the priority deadline, but my whole packet wasn't totally complete yet. So I'm not really sure if I was considered a priority applicant or not.

Just wondering if the interviews were postponed because of our winterstorm.

Just wondering if the interviews were postponed because of our winterstorm.

They were not postponed. There were several people who couldn't make it or were delayed, so I heard they were going to do phone interviews for some people. My session ended at 12:30 pm but another session started then and it seemed like they had more people than the morning group did.

They were not postponed. There were several people who couldn't make it or were delayed, so I heard they were going to do phone interviews for some people. My session ended at 12:30 pm but another session started then and it seemed like they had more people than the morning group did.

Thank u for replying. I hope it went well. Was there a lot of people. How does it go?

Thank u for replying. I hope it went well. Was there a lot of people. How does it go?

I think there were supposed to be 51 people total for the day, not sure how many didn't make it due to the weather.

I was in the morning session from, there were about 13 of us broken into two groups. It was great, very informational. They started off with a presentation that talked about the program and the faculty. We then split up and half us did a 20 minute writing sample while other half did their interviews. We then switched. Interviews were about 25 minutes long and very comfortable. They do a great job of making you feel at ease. I interviewed with one of the professors and he was so nice, it was a great conversation. They had another session at 12:30 pm when our morning group was done, I'm not sure how many people were in that session. They are doing another interview day on March 8th and then said we should know of admissions decisions shortly after that interview.

Let me know if you have more questions about it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think there were supposed to be 51 people total for the day, not sure how many didn't make it due to the weather.

I was in the morning session from, there were about 13 of us broken into two groups. It was great, very informational. They started off with a presentation that talked about the program and the faculty. We then split up and half us did a 20 minute writing sample while other half did their interviews. We then switched. Interviews were about 25 minutes long and very comfortable. They do a great job of making you feel at ease. I interviewed with one of the professors and he was so nice, it was a great conversation. They had another session at 12:30 pm when our morning group was done, I'm not sure how many people were in that session. They are doing another interview day on March 8th and then said we should know of admissions decisions shortly after that interview.

Congratz on getting the interview. I am planning to apply to pacific university next year for the OT program. Wondering what kind of questions did they ask during the interview and how about the essay question? I am not confidence in my interviewing skills so hoping maybe I can get a sense of what their questions are before I apply because I know couple schools that do not do interviews. Thanks

THANK YOU!

Congratz on getting the interview. I am planning to apply to pacific university next year for the OT program. Wondering what kind of questions did they ask during the interview and how about the essay question? I am not confidence in my interviewing skills so hoping maybe I can get a sense of what their questions are before I apply because I know couple schools that do not do interviews. Thanks

They really personalize the questions they ask each person. My interviewer had a piece of paper, front and back, that looked like information he pulled from my application, and he had specific questions referencing my application material. For instance he pulled a statement from my essay and asked me a question about that statement. Some more questions he asked were about my history working in groups, my observation experiences, why I want to be an OT and what an OT does. My advice to you is show them how passionate you are about OT, and that you really understand what OT is and what OT's do. Before my interview I googled OT graduate program interview questions (or something along those lines) and made sure I prepared that way but like I said, they seem to personalize the questions they ask for each person. Don't stress about the interview, they really just want to get to know you as a person. Other than that just be yourself!

Our writing sample was to talk about a time we may have positively affected another person's well-being, but they probably change it every year. They do a great job of making everyone feel comfortable and welcome.

I applied to Pacific and got notification that they had received everything from me. Did y'all send them updated transcripts from the fall semester? I went ahead and sent a request to my school (already have BBA but taking pre-reqs) to send them and OTCAS my updated grades. Also, when should we start hearing back about interviews? I have only heard back from one school, Belmont (interviewing in March); but I read that most schools don't begin scheduling interviews until Jan/Feb.
I just applied to Belmont last Friday and received an invitation to interview this morning :D Have you heard anything about what their interview process is like or how many people they invite to interview? Good Luck! :highfive:

Hello,

I was wondering if others are attending the March 8th interview? Thanks for the tips on interviews... it is much appreciated for those who are worried!

@Canada133 Did you hear about the March 8th and if so when? When I spoke to Jon, he told me he was sending those out the 18th.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Pacific offers phone or skype interviews for those who are coming from a long distance, i.e. South Carolina?

@Canada133 Did you hear about the March 8th and if so when? When I spoke to Jon, he told me he was sending those out the 18th.

Hi, I heard on Friday... Maybe admissions are starting the emails and will be complete on 18th? I don't know anything about the interview times... Did anyone ever find out why some were in February and some in march? Is this a 2nd tier of applicants? Anyone else heard anything? Any information would help my sleepless nights. I know that they do make accommodations and do skype interviews. Have you interviewed anywhere else? Thanks

This makes me so nervous. Hopefully, we will both hear something this week. Pacific is still my top choice.

This makes me so nervous. Hopefully, we will both hear something this week. Pacific is still my top choice.
Ok, you too? I thought I was a good candidate. I don't know what I can do different for next year. But fingers crossed.

I just received an email from Pacific. I was invited to interview on March 8th... Too bad that is when a close family member is having her wedding. I wonder if they could have an interview with me on a different day or a phone interview. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that you should be receiving an email invite soon for the next round of interviews in March if you have not already.

This whole process is so stressful! Let me know that when I will be seeing you both at the interview! Wishing you luck- oh Misty- they do phone interviews... So you can go to the wedding and interview.

Has anyone recived a rejection letter? I've been anxiously awaiting an invite and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping that's a good thing... Congrats to everyone who got invites!! Thanks!

Latest email from jon: Yes you are correct a number of invitations have been sent out, but we are not finished with the process. The candidate pool is exceptional and has added time to the discussions. The weather also added some delays. We are hopeful that the we will be able to complete the discussions by the end of this week.

Latest email from jon: Yes you are correct a number of invitations have been sent out, but we are not finished with the process. The candidate pool is exceptional and has added time to the discussions. The weather also added some delays. We are hopeful that the we will be able to complete the discussions by the end of this week.

Thank you for keeping us all informed. Good luck everyone!

Any updates? I'm guessing that they were finished by today, Friday? Hopefully some good news.

I was excited to see they had a delay on sending invites. Now though- here we are at the end of the week and no interview invitation... I'm getting a little worried about this.

I was excited to see they had a delay on sending invites. Now though- here we are at the end of the week and no interview invitation... I'm getting a little worried about this.
I'm guessing you should have heard something... so they are probably still behind.

To be honest, at this point, I am assuming I didn't get in. I'm a pessimist like that. But it does make me feel better that I didn't see any new people... I'm guessing they r behind. March 8 is still two weeks away.

To be honest, at this point, I am assuming I didn't get in. I'm a pessimist like that. But it does make me feel better that I didn't see any new people... I'm guessing they r behind. March 8 is still two weeks away.

I received my invitation to the February 8th interview on January 28th. That was only a week and a half before my interview date, so there is still a chance they are sending out emails late!

Reactions: 1 users
I am hoping. I declined an interview with University of New England because I didn't want to move away from family. Pacific is sorta, my only focus right now. Jon did say they were behind. Another week for us local residents isn't too last min. So fingers crossed.

I didn't hear anything either. But by the looks of it they're behind and they let others know about the Feb. 8th interview really last minute too, so maybe we'll find out by the middle of next week?

Just got out of class and there was "the" email waiting.

Good news. Not sure if this matters, but, my interview time in the first round. Not sure if they fill those up then fill up second round. And then they wait for people to secure spots by 28th. So, I am sure this week there will be more emails. Some people have already been accepted into Puget and other places, so those people would probably decline an interview.

Hi all,
I received my notification for an interview on March 7th. I was reading here and it seems like most of you who have interviews in March have it on the 8th? Just wondering if anyone else is on the 7th. Also, is there any additional information you can give regarding the essay question? Any advice on how to prepare? Thanks again guys. :)

Wow, so they are doing 7th and 8th. Maybe instead of two on the 8th. And yes, information is always good. My friend interviewed the last two prior years and she said, as far as clothes go, people wear anything from suits to sweaters and skirts. She said that everything is laid back and comfortable. @jgorea21 gave some great info about the feb interview.

Good news. Not sure if this matters, but, my interview time in the first round. Not sure if they fill those up then fill up second round. And then they wait for people to secure spots by 28th. So, I am sure this week there will be more emails. Some people have already been accepted into Puget and other places, so those people would probably decline an interview.
What do you mean the first round? Do you mean the time from 8-1230? Great job on the interview!

I really don't know what I am saying. ahaha. Let me try again: My email said first interview option- so I was thinking there was two groups (different times). The Feb interviews had two groups and that is what I meant by rounds. So, If there are two groups then perhaps they slowly fill them and will be sending emails out all week. But someone said they are interviewing on the 7th and now I am wondering...
Are you at 8? I am at 10. So now I am even more confused. Seems like a lot of people will be interviewed.

Wow, so they are doing 7th and 8th. Maybe instead of two on the 8th. And yes, information is always good. My friend interviewed the last two prior years and she said, as far as clothes go, people wear anything from suits to sweaters and skirts. She said that everything is laid back and comfortable. @jgorea21 gave some great info about the feb interview.

Well, I had originally called Jon-Erik because I hadn't heard anything and he called me back saying that the next interview date was march 8th but when I got my interview invitation, it says the 7th. So. Yeah. I was confused that everyone up top was talking about the 8th. Looks like they're interviewing over a hundred people.

I really don't know what I am saying. ahaha. Let me try again: My email said first interview option- so I was thinking there was two groups (different times). The Feb interviews had two groups and that is what I meant by rounds. So, If there are two groups then perhaps they slowly fill them and will be sending emails out all week. But someone said they are interviewing on the 7th and now I am wondering...
Are you at 8? I am at 10. So now I am even more confused. Seems like a lot of people will be interviewed.
I interview on the 8th. But all I was told was the basic outline of the interviews/tours that occurred during 830-1230. I was not given an interview time, but I had to confirm by Feb. 18th.. what do you think that means?

I interview on the 8th. But all I was told was the basic outline of the interviews/tours that occurred during 830-1230. I was not given an interview time, but I had to confirm by Feb. 18th.. what do you think that means?
That's what my email was like too. It just says the basic outline :Check in, welcome, interview/writing sample, etc. So, I'm not sure what Lucy is referring too by "first interview option" cause that's not what my email said. I wish someone was on the 7th!! All of you are on the 8th! Have you guys used the discount at any of the hotels they recommended? The first one I called said they didn't know what I was talking about and I spoke with the manager...

I really don't know what my email meant by that. It probably means nothing. Because it seems that the group I am is the second group for Sat. 8th. But I did get the same information as everyone: overview of how the day will go but no exact interview time. I am local, so I haven't checked out any of the hotels but I do know there are a few right off the freeway over by the campus. looks like around 100 interviewed. and what, 40 spots? eeek.

Still have not heard a thing. Starting to think my e-mail is broken :(

Anyone coming from out of state that would consider sharing a hotel for the March 8 interview??