PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a facebook group for PCOM PA Biomed 2015-2016?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. Congrats on your acceptances! I was a former biomed and now currently an M1 at pcom ga. If anyone have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

I'm so confused. Who is going to make a decision after you finish? The school, if so why are they waiting? When you say you heard back exactly what do you mean?!

PCOM PA is going to make a final decision and honestly idk why they're waiting, i guess maybe to see how i do in my finial grades. And when i mean heard back, i was referring to receiving my letters from both schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM PA is going to make a final decision and honestly idk why they're waiting, i guess maybe to see how i do in my finial grades. And when i mean heard back, i was referring to receiving my letters from both schools.

Do you mind me asking your stats? I'm supposed to hear back today or monday from GA PCOM and I'm so nervous lol

Do you mind me asking your stats? I'm supposed to hear back today or monday from GA PCOM and I'm so nervous lol
Are you talking about because they mailed letters Friday and that's when the mail should have them there??

Are you talking about because they mailed letters Friday and that's when the mail should have them there??

Ya that was my line of reasoning. I'm like 30 minutes from PCOM GA so I figure if they mail it Friday I should get it by Saturday or Monday at the latest.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm currently a junior thinking of applying to post bacc programs next year and PCOM is on my list. For those accepted for 2015-2016, congratulations! I'd like to know what were your stats and general EC outlook?

Yeah no prob, i was the one who went to Penn State for undergrad, 3.4 cgpa, under a 3 science gpa and a really low GRE score (I'm considered educationally disadvantaged since english isn't my first language so i think they gave me some leniency.)

@jas_szn As for EC, on the application they don't really seem to put an emphasis on it since they give you like only like four lines to fill out. But I've tutored for 3 programs at PSU, TAed 2 classes, over 500 hrs of volunteering, and did research under a professor for two years. Idk which programs you're looking at, GA or Philly but i was deferred from Philly (they're going to wait for my end of the semester grades) and accepted to GA.

Applied to the Philly campus and received a letter today about deferral. Seems to be a common theme with this campus however, they didn't say pending any other documentation but simply stated that the committee will review my application credentials from time to time and I will be notified once a decision is reached. Would anyone be able to shed some light on this?

Got the same response at the end of February and am still waiting :/ at least therea still hope though. Heard they sent out decisions again on Friday so im hoping for the best
Applied to the Philly campus and received a letter today about deferral. Seems to be a common theme with this campus however, they didn't say pending any other documentation but simply stated that the committee will review my application credentials from time to time and I will be notified once a decision is reached. Would anyone be able to shed some light on this?
m

I just got the same waitlist letter from philly. I don't even know what to do but waiting for the GA letter to see what happens.

I just got the same waitlist letter from philly. I don't even know what to do but waiting for the GA letter to see what happens.
I'm just wondering if they send out any denial letters or if it's either you get in or you get deferred for right now...anyone know?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
No worries... 2.5 GPA, even lower sGPA (extenuating circumstances including death in the family and having to take time off) and 30 MCAT (08 PS, 12 VR, 10 BS). Seems my GPA is just too atrocious. Oh well it's not the end of the world. The way I see it, I'm getting into medical school so if they don't give me a shot it's their loss! Going to apply to GA State's program if they every get it up and running and apply to Barry U and some other programs.
Sorry to hear about the death. My mom passed away March 1st of this year. Very recent. So I understand how hard that can be and how it can affect you. Your MCAT is way better than mine and its strong. Not sure exactly what they are looking for when they choose candidates. My science GPA is a 2.9 I believe, and overall might be 3.0. So we will see how that works out! Good luck to you! I have an interview for another program so I'm hoping that goes well! Didn't know Georgia state had a program! Maybe I'll look into that!

Sorry to hear about the death. My mom passed away March 1st of this year. Very recent. So I understand how hard that can be and how it can affect you. Your MCAT is way better than mine and its strong. Not sure exactly what they are looking for when they choose candidates. My science GPA is a 2.9 I believe, and overall might be 3.0. So we will see how that works out! Good luck to you! I have an interview for another program so I'm hoping that goes well! Didn't know Georgia state had a program! Maybe I'll look into that!

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother... They say people who've experienced loss make the best doctors. As with actual med school admissions I'm sure the GPA component is by far the most important. MCAT scores can be improved. GA State has a brand new program they may not even be up and running by Fall. I've heard horror stories about the inefficiencies and disorganization of new programs, but hey gotta start somewhere! Going to apply to Barry U and Hampton and if I don't get in either then Drexel it is! Taping this rejection letter to my room wall as motivation. Good luck everyone!

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother... They say people who've experienced loss make the best doctors. As with actual med school admissions I'm sure the GPA component is by far the most important. MCAT scores can be improved. GA State has a brand new program they may not even be up and running by Fall. I've heard horror stories about the inefficiencies and disorganization of new programs, but hey gotta start somewhere! Going to apply to Barry U and Hampton and if I don't get in either then Drexel it is! Taping this rejection letter to my room wall as motivation. Good luck everyone!
You got into a program at drexel?

Got the rejection letter today :(
I'm sorry to hear about this! :/ I'm sure things will work out in some way! This makes me really nervous because I received a waitlist letter and my GPA is around 3.0ish both cGPA and sGPA but your mcat score kicks mine out the ballpark.

You got into a program at drexel?

That depends on your definition of "got into". I applied to the IMS and was funneled into the mandatory 2-year IHS program, which is like the remedial IMS lol. In the first year you take some graduate level science courses to prove you can handle the curriculum (I already know I can, just a matter of being mature and putting in the study hours). The second year of the program is identical to the IMS minus the immunology option and, consequently, the guaranteed interview if you meet a certain GPA req. I feel like it's a program where you get what you put into it but if you bomb out they don't give a ****, still make their money, and don't tarnish the stats of their premier programs. Also I'm currently applied to the drexel DPMS, but seeing as I was funneled from IMS and rejected from PCOM'S program, I seriously doubt my chances.

@jas_szn Yeah! My GPA and all that stuff is right above where i answered your question about EC. And I wouldn't say Philly is better than GA but Philly does have a pretty good name up here in the northeast. I don't know too much about the GA campus but one of friends who lives down in ATL said it was also well regarded.

@DocJuan So sorry to hear about their decision but i'm sure you'll get in somewhere with that awesome MCAT score! I have a a friend a Drexel right now doing a post bacc program (don't know which one he's in, sorry for not being too helpful) but he's really happy he did it!

@jas_szn
according to the PCOM ppl both campuses are regarded identically. The GA campus is much smaller but the degree (or certificate) carries the same weight at either campus I would think.

@Shotapp
Like I said, they haven't announced whether or not they'd have the program together by Fall.
http://biomedical.gsu.edu/academics/

Oh ok yea I know exactly what you're talking about. At least you were offered the ihs, I just got denied from the ims which i knew I would be but I had the fee waiver so I figured it wouldn't hurt. And still waiting on DMPS too, saw some got invited. Hopefully in May we'll get ours!! :)
That depends on your definition of "got into". I applied to the IMS and was funneled into the mandatory 2-year IHS program, which is like the remedial IMS lol. In the first year you take some graduate level science courses to prove you can handle the curriculum (I already know I can, just a matter of being mature and putting in the study hours). The second year of the program is identical to the IMS minus the immunology option and, consequently, the guaranteed interview if you meet a certain GPA req. I feel like it's a program where you get what you put into it but if you bomb out they don't give a ****, still make their money, and don't tarnish the stats of their premier programs. Also I'm currently applied to the drexel DPMS, but seeing as I was funneled from IMS and rejected from PCOM'S program, I seriously doubt my chances.

Are there any recent stats on DO/MD acceptances into med schools after completion of this program and where they went?

Reactions: 1 users
I officially think my letter is lost
Lol just because they made decisions Friday doesn't mean for our applications lol because I didn't get mine either and I should have. So yea I think we'll have to wait :/

Well I was told via email it was on review April 1 and would have a decision in 2 weeks

I'm sorry to hear about this! :/ I'm sure things will work out in some way! This makes me really nervous because I received a waitlist letter and my GPA is around 3.0ish both cGPA and sGPA but your mcat score kicks mine out the ballpark.
Yea I'm just worried because I got deferred but it's not like I have anything else to send in since I graduated last year and won't take my mcat again till the Summer :/ I would rather be rejected than get false hope then rejected lol the limbo period really sucks. Not knowing! :/

Well I was told via email it was on review April 1 and would have a decision in 2 weeks
Oh ok yea maybe you could call again? Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday for you! They may have sent it out late Friday and idk how long it would take to get to Texas, you should google it.

Yea I'm just worried because I got deferred but it's not like I have anything else to send in since I graduated last year and won't take my mcat again till the Summer :/ I would rather be rejected than get false hope then rejected lol the limbo period really sucks. Not knowing! :/
Yeah I am basically in the same boat as you lol except I am taking a few classes this semester so maybe they are waiting on that for me? I have no idea since they didn't mention it in the letter. I'm waiting impatiently too but hopefully things work out for the best for the both of us! Did you apply to other post bacc programs or just pcom?

Yeah I am basically in the same boat as you lol except I am taking a few classes this semester so maybe they are waiting on that for me? I have no idea since they didn't mention it in the letter. I'm waiting impatiently too but hopefully things work out for the best for the both of us! Did you apply to other post bacc programs or just pcom?
Well that's good that you have that lol but like you said they said no further action is needed so it's not required but Ateast you have that to help you. And kt to drexel DMPS because those are the only ones I wanted to really go to and saw worth the money but now I'm regretting it. So I think I'm going to apply to some more not to put all my eggs in one basket.

Well that's good that you have that lol but like you said they said no further action is needed so it's not required but Ateast you have that to help you. And kt to drexel DMPS because those are the only ones I wanted to really go to and saw worth the money but now I'm regretting it. So I think I'm going to apply to some more not to put all my eggs in one basket.
What about you?

Exactly so now I'm thinking of calling them (if I can find their number) to see if the waitlist is pending anything or just as they review other applicants. DMPS is a good program from what I have heard! Did you hear back from them? I applied to a bunch of others. So far I got into LMUDCOM PMSP program and waiting on a few others like VCOM, Nova, Rowan (no linkage or anything or sort with this school). We'll see how it all works out

Oh look at you! That's great congrats! And I should hear if I get an interview from them by the first week of May. They already started to invite others for invites that applied a little earlier than me. Where do you think you really want to go?
Exactly so now I'm thinking of calling them (if I can find their number) to see if the waitlist is pending anything or just as they review other applicants. DMPS is a good program from what I have heard! Did you hear back from them? I applied to a bunch of others. So far I got into LMUDCOM PMSP program and waiting on a few others like VCOM, Nova, Rowan (no linkage or anything or sort with this school). We'll see how it all works out

I've applied with a 19AA DAT score and a 3.1 GPA! My application was officially submitted and was under review a few days ago. It seems like PCOM-PA takes about a month to give you feedback. For now- I'm just patiently waiting!

Is there a deadline to apply? And does anybody know how many people have been accepted to the GA campus

Got acceptance letter yesterday to GA. I'm in Texas and the mail is super slow here.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in Texas, called GA, and they said my application is still under review. STILL UNDER REVIEW. I was told three weeks ago I was getting a letter, and now it's in committee. But ftw, I don't think the mail is slow at all! But I guess I've just had better experiences. And also, I've about had it with PCOM lol

For those of whom completed their application at the end of March/early April (or even earlier than march) to Philly campus, did anyone receive a letter of acceptance/wait-listed/rejection yet? Are we suppose to receive only a letter or also an email?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

I was complete March 10th and got an acceptance letter a few days later in the mail. I live pretty close to the Philly campus.

For those of whom completed their application at the end of March/early April (or even earlier than march) to Philly campus, did anyone receive a letter of acceptance/wait-listed/rejection yet? Are we suppose to receive only a letter or also an email?

Thanks in advance for your answer.