PCOM (Philadelphia) Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But they do preinterview rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Duon - I would imagine they do pre-interview rejections.....for a school that gets over 6k applicants they would have to....or flat out just dont give an interview.

Actually, if I remember right, they don't do any pre-interview rejections until the end of the cycle, where they send out a mass amount of rejections. Only about 95% positive on that though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if you don't get invited to an interview by April, its pretty much a rejection

Did everyone who interviewed either get an Acceptance or Waitlist by now?

Is there anyone who got waitlisted long time ago feb or jan and still waiting??

ACCEPTED!!!! needless to say i'm flippin stoked!!!

keep your chins up for the fellow waitlisters.....best of luck to all!

Looking for housing near PCOM or in Manyunk--any suggestions??

Accepted!!:) . Now looking for housing, need help!

congrats man....

but i was thinkin the same thing now that i need to worry about housing....can anyone let us know if they give us access to some sort of roommate finder type of thing or any help for looking for housing after they receive our check?....

any help would be awesome!

thanks

I think once you have access to Nucleus there is a posting on the groups page about potential roommates. That's what we did.

Also, there is probably a FB page with your incoming classmates you can look at.

So this may sound like a silly question, but humor me.

For all those applicants that were accepted, what kind of letter of acceptance was sent to your home? Was is a thin envelope with a single document in it? Or was it a fat envelope with several pamphlets and pieces of literature? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
So this may sound like a silly question, but humor me.

For all those applicants that were accepted, what kind of letter of acceptance was sent to your home? Was is a thin envelope with a single document in it? Or was it a fat envelope with several pamphlets and pieces of literature? Just curious.
Its a thin envelope (normal size) with about 2 sheets of paper.

To be honest, I have no idea where my acceptance letter is. I would keep something like that, haha. I have my LECOM and VCOM letters though :confused:.

The dean's certification I sent from UCI had the same basic information and was enough to fulfill that requirement. You should be fine

Can you tell me what the dean's certification is? How can I request it? I went to UCI too

Hi everyone....I hope my post helps with the anxiety of WL. I know the wait/hearing people have been accepted can be extremely stressful, but wanted to post so you keep the faith that there will be movement!

I was accepted 4/13
Interviewed 1/25 - Deferred Decision - 2/1

I am finishing the biomed masters program this year and can say even my 2 year wait is worth having the opportunity to become a PCOM - D.O.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats!!! :)

i assume many of you got the alternate list update email this morning and was wondering if anyone has received acceptance letters recently since they said they sent some out in the last few days

Can you tell me what the dean's certification is? How can I request it? I went to UCI too

It's just a letter from the dean of your college saying you completed the degree requirements or are on track to. If you have a pre-health committee letter, it's my understanding that you will be fine.

Hey guys, I recently met this person who had an ID card from PCOM. but the top right corner said UofS NEuroscience. I have never seen that before is he a DO student or a grad student at PCOM. I was really confused but didn't quite know how to ask him without sounding to nosey -___- Any thoughts?

Accepted off the wait list!!
Letter was dated 6/18 but just got it today! :):):)

Congrats!! Did you receieve the alternate list email update on Tuesday? And would you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats!! Did you receieve the alternate list email update on Tuesday? And would you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks! I did receive an email on tuesday about some kind of online info session for people on the waitlist.

3.9 science GPA. my MCAT score was nothing to write home about; 9V, 10BS, 8PS. My overall is only a 3.0- I didnt do very well in undergrad my first time around, but went back to school when i was 25 to take all my science classes (at UCONN). :)

now I just need to find a place to live!!

Thanks! I did receive an email on tuesday about some kind of online info session for people on the waitlist.

3.9 science GPA. my MCAT score was nothing to write home about; 9V, 10BS, 8PS. My overall is only a 3.0- I didnt do very well in undergrad my first time around, but went back to school when i was 25 to take all my science classes (at UCONN). :)

now I just need to find a place to live!!
Congrats!! I got in off the waitlist last Monday, the letter was dated 6/7/2012. So excited! I too am looking for housing as well.

Congrats!! I got in off the waitlist last Monday, the letter was dated 6/7/2012. So excited! I too am looking for housing as well.

Have you found anything yet and if so, what area? I found a potential apartment in East Falls. I'm not sure what the good areas are though.

Have you found anything yet and if so, what area? I found a potential apartment in East Falls. I'm not sure what the good areas are though.
I'm still waiting on my binder to get my nucleus login and not sure whether to look for a roomate or live by myself. I need to make a decision quickly though, orientation is coming up fast.

I'm still waiting on my binder to get my nucleus login and not sure whether to look for a roomate or live by myself. I need to make a decision quickly though, orientation is coming up fast.

I know, I'm in the same boat. I'd really like to find something walking distance. If you're looking for a roommate (same goes for anyone else on this site!) I'd be interested. Let me know!

To all people looking for housing this upcoming year,

I found a house with three bedrooms on west country club road, which is within walking distance to PCOM! I've just started talking to the owner and I'm awaiting some more pictures, but it sounds like a good deal. $450 per person.

Is anyone interested?

To all people looking for housing this upcoming year,

I found a house with three bedrooms on west country club road, which is within walking distance to PCOM! I've just started talking to the owner and I'm awaiting some more pictures, but it sounds like a good deal. $450 per person.

Is anyone interested?
I just sent you a PM.

Hey all,

I got into the MS Bioscience program, still on the DO WL, but looking for housing.

I spoke to a current student, he said these are the top 3 apartments PCOM students live at...

Presidential
Lincoln Green
Beekman Place

They run around 950-1100 for a 1Bdr

If anyone if looking for a roomate, PM me, I am a 26 Male, nonsmoker, have no pets.

Hey all,

I got into the MS Bioscience program, still on the DO WL, but looking for housing.

I spoke to a current student, he said these are the top 3 apartments PCOM students live at...

Presidential
Lincoln Green
Beekman Place

They run around 950-1100 for a 1Bdr

If anyone if looking for a roomate, PM me, I am a 26 Male, nonsmoker, have no pets.
I sent you a PM

Hi
I am leaving my apartment at presidential city apartment. It is ready from today. It is one bedroom/one bathroom and a kitchen with oven and refrigerator. All amenities (water, heat, gas for cooking) are paid except the electricity. It is big enough for 2 people. The monthly rent is $ 895.
If anybody interested I am ready to transfer the lease any time from tomorrow.

Acceptance mail received around 2 PM today...

With my current schedule, I can not attend the orientation, which starts on Aug. 13th.

Can anyone tell me how important the orientation is?????

Thanks

Last edited:
just got in... got the call today around 230pm. i love you SDN couldnt have done it without you guys!

I was complete in early September but still haven't gotten any love from PCOM yet :(. Anybody have insight into why that might be? My stats are c3.5/s3.5 mcat 28O Cali resident. Anything would help, thanks!