PCOM post bac/MSBS 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man getting into med school seems like such a game of numbers and money.

Just got accepted.

Anyhow, can someone shed light on how well the program caters to nourishing future med school applicants? Do they guarantee an interview? admission? what are the previous numbers of past classes? Same professors as med school? How is campus? How is community? Anything...

if i can get in, anyone can get in.

Members don't see this ad.

Man getting into med school seems like such a game of numbers and money.

Just got accepted.

Anyhow, can someone shed light on how well the program caters to nourishing future med school applicants? Do they guarantee an interview? admission? what are the previous numbers of past classes? Same professors as med school? How is campus? How is community? Anything...

if i can get in, anyone can get in.

Were you taken off the wait-list or you just recently applied?

Hi there! I got my letter back saying I got on the wait-list. Does anyone know of how long does it take to put anyone of the list to say whether they are accepted or not? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and emailed them yesterday, I was told they have until the first day of classes in August to take you off the waitlist. Which is a bummer , I hate this limbo period.

Oh man I am not sure if I can wait until August. I have gotten into two other schools but they told me I have three weeks to respond back whether I want admission to their schools or not? this is nerve-wracking! :(

It is my last top choice. I didn't get into BU MAMS. :( or else I have the option of attending either TCMC or Barry. Still waiting on USF.

Last edited:
Just talked to admissions for PCOM and they said a 3.0 in the postbac and a min MCAT of 24 guarantees you an interview for their DO school. Look forward to seeing you all in august.

Reactions: 1 user
i was placed on the waiting list about 2 weeks ago also. Does anyone know when the first day of classes is? Because I was accepted to the drexel program and their first day of class is the 4th of august.

I think orientation is August 15 and classes begin the following Monday.

Hey guys! I'm on the wait-list for this program and was wondering if anyone has gotten in off the wait-list so far?

just called the office. the classes aren't full yet. they didn't stop taking apps either. and they're not going to start taking people off the waitlist until they stop taking apps. I asked her when they would stop taking apps. she said she doesn't know....

don't know about you guys. but that seems a little unfair.

Hey! I'll be a second year MS student this fall. If anyone has any burning questions, feel free to fire away- I'd be happy to help out where I can.

Btw, for those that may be wait listed: a few of my friends didn't get their "official acceptance" and taken off of the list until after orientation mid-August last year. Just throwing that out there if any of you are anxiously watching the calendar.

Members don't see this ad :)
just called the office. the classes aren't full yet. they didn't stop taking apps either. and they're not going to start taking people off the waitlist until they stop taking apps. I asked her when they would stop taking apps. she said she doesn't know....

don't know about you guys. but that seems a little unfair.

That reallly sucks. Wow :eek:

Hope those of you on the waitlist get some good news...at some point.

Orientation is Thurs, Aug 15 and classes begin Monday, August 19.

we should have mandate that says classes can't begin until after labor day and have to end by new years. having school in the summer is un-American. surely the schools can restructure their delivery of the material to shave off a couple of weeks. work hard and play hard.

Is orientation really the 15th? I saw on Nucleus it's all three days, with the exception of Monday and Tuesday. Can anyone confirm this? I called Student Affairs and she also stated its three days but she had to ask someone else from the dept for the info.

I can't officially confirm anything, but Wednesday the 14th we are supposed to pick up our IDs. Trena said that it won't take all day. I'm pretty sure orientation is on Thursday and Friday times unspecified.

I can't officially confirm anything, but Wednesday the 14th we are supposed to pick up our IDs. Trena said that it won't take all day. I'm pretty sure orientation is on Thursday and Friday times unspecified.

Thank you ! :) hopefully we will receive an email about this soon.

Hey guys! Is there a facebook group for 2013-2014 group??

There is one for GA campus that was just set up this week. Not sure about the PA campus one.

I applied a week before June and just received an acceptance letter. I'm currently looking for an apartment, so if anyone needs a roommate feel free to message me. See y'all in a month :)

Does anyone know if the PCOM DO program require that you finish the first year of the biomed program if you get accepted to their DO program mid-year?

I'm not sure about that. I don't see why you wouldn't just finish the year and collect your certificate. I know each semester costs more money, but I would personally want something tangible to show for my efforts.

Does anyone know if the PCOM DO program require that you finish the first year of the biomed program if you get accepted to their DO program mid-year?

If offered a spot into their next matriculating class, you are expected to complete your certificate year.

I applied roughly 3 weeks ago and received my decision today. How accessible is the campus and surrounding area without a car? Does anyone know?

Regarding the Philadelphia campus: everything you need is within a short walking distance of the campus. There are also several Septa bus routes in the area, and the R5 train station isn't far (this will take you from Center City, all the way down the Main Line and into Exton).

Hi all, I JUST received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday, and sent in the confirmation today! Is anyone else getting a late start like me?! I am also wondering if there is a facebook group for the program?

I look forward to meeting everyone:)

Hi all, I JUST received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday, and sent in the confirmation today! Is anyone else getting a late start like me?! I am also wondering if there is a facebook group for the program?

I look forward to meeting everyone:)

Hi! Welcome to the PCOM family :)! Here's the GA campus Facebook link https://www.facebook.com/groups/GAbiomed2013/

To help you get started on things, here are some of the main priorities that came with the official booklet after the acceptance and deposit.

1. Background check

2. Medical questionnaire that can be access at nucleus

3. Proof of health insurance form at nucleus

Last edited:
Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet? I was accepted into Drexel's Molecular Medicine program but PCOM is my top choice. This is so frustrating. Sorry needed to vent.

Hey everyone,

Just got accepted to the GA-PCOM biomed program and am coming from out of state. If anyone is looking for a female roommate for the year message me. Thanks

Hey,

I am turning down my offer so hopefully that makes room for you. Good luck!!

Hi! Welcome to the PCOM family :)! Here's the GA campus Facebook link https://www.facebook.com/groups/GAbiomed2013/

To help you get started on things, here are some of the main priorities that came with the official booklet after the acceptance and deposit.

1. Background check

2. Medical questionnaire that can be access at nucleus

3. Proof of health insurance form at nucleus

Thanks! I am actually going to PCOM-Philly!
How long did it take to receive your booklet and nucleus information?

Let me get some facts cleared up for you guys. I finished 1st year of biomed at GA-PCOM.
With atleast 3.5 gpa in the biomed year AND 24 MCAT you are given an interview (there's other things they'll look at based on class performance in each term). There's obviously other factors from your application that is also considered like every other medical school.
Once you get accepted (say midway thru term 2 which is winter term), the condition of your acceptance will say that you are expected to finish the biomed year in good standing.
During orientation admissions will clarify this for you in detail, the biomed program is not a linkage program and does not really guarantee any sort of admissions into the DO school.

With atleast 3.5 gpa in the biomed year AND 24 MCAT you are given an interview (there's other things they'll look at based on class performance in each term).

Interesting.. PCOM-Philly only requires a 3.0 GPA for a guaranteed interview (not that the bare minimum holds much weight). I wonder how the two campuses came to such a difference.

To each their own..

Just received acceptance at PCOM-Philly this afternoon. Thought I'd share for those of you still waiting to hear back...I was under review for almost a month. My base stats were 3.1 gpa/23 mcat.

Just received acceptance at PCOM-Philly this afternoon. Thought I'd share for those of you still waiting to hear back...I was under review for almost a month. My base stats were 3.1 gpa/23 mcat.

Did you get the acceptance in the email or through the mail? Congrats!

Anyone know what deposit was for this?

I haven't heard back either. Getting worried.. :-/

I hope you guys hear back soon. I think it's crazy that some of you still haven't heard back.

I'll be applying early for Fall 2014 and PCOM is my first pick. I'm also pretty sure I'll most likely be waitlisted considering GPA is below their average even with (I'm hoping) an adequate MCAT score.

I just find it weird that it seems the criteria for acceptance into PCOM's postbacc seems scattered-- at least judging by this thread. For those who were accepted can you tell about what other strengths you had on your application besides meeting the usual (MCAT and GPA) requirements?

Also, any helpful tips for those of us who will be applying to this program in the future would be greatfully appreciated.

I hope you guys hear back soon. I think it's crazy that some of you still haven't heard back.

I'll be applying early for Fall 2014 and PCOM is my first pick. I'm also pretty sure I'll most likely be waitlisted considering GPA is below their average even with (I'm hoping) an adequate MCAT score.

I just find it weird that it seems the criteria for acceptance into PCOM's postbacc seems scattered-- at least judging by this thread. For those who were accepted can you tell about what other strengths you had on your application besides meeting the usual (MCAT and GPA) requirements?

Also, any helpful tips for those of us who will be applying to this program in the future would be greatfully appreciated.

They really like clinical work/volunteer experience. I'm pretty sure there's a bit of regional bias with PCOM too. Apply early.

Anyone heard back from Ga-PCOM? Is there any move on those waitlisted?