Philadelphia-area school applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just checked my TUportal and I was accepted to Temple.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted 9/15 .... I guess I should be hearing back soon. Did you learn of the decision thru tu portal or the mail/email?

My decision was posted on TUportal, when I logged in I had a new notification and my decision was posted on my application where it stated "Completed-Ready for Review" previously.

My decision was posted on TUportal, when I logged in I had a new notification and my decision was posted on my application where it stated "Completed-Ready for Review" previously.

Cool, Congrats to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! when did you submit your application?

I submitted my application/was verified by OTCAS on October 16th. TUportal dates were updated to 11/21 - when I assume they began reviewing my materials.

I submitted my application/was verified by OTCAS on October 16th. TUportal dates were updated to 11/21 - when I assume they began reviewing my materials.
what were some of your stats? if you don't mind me asking

what were some of your stats? if you don't mind me asking

Graduated from Virginia Tech in May 2014
Bachelor of Science Psychology
Bachelor of Science Human Development

Undergraduate GPA: 3.62
OTCAS GPA: 3.65
Last 90 hours: 3.95
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: Verbal Reasoning: 155; Quantitative: 156; AW: 4.5
OTCAS submitted 9/24, verified 10/16

OT Observation:
8 Hours in a Pediatric Outpatient Hospital Setting
40 Hours in an Adult Acute Inpatient Hospital Setting
90 Hours at a Private Pediatric Facility (included Handwriting camps, constraint camps, and social groups)
48 Hours in a SNF/Rehab center

-360 hours as a Crisis Hotline Volunteer
-Member of a service sorority for 4 years - held leadership 2 years
-Member of other organizations and held leadership positions including my university's Undergraduate Honor System and music ensembles.
-Served as a teaching assistant for 1 semester
-2 years of research experience (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th author on posters at Virginia and National conferences)

Applied: VCU, Ohio State, Washington University at St. Louis, Temple
Accepted: VCU (11/20), Temple (12/10)

So TUportal was updated this morning, but I also received an acceptance email from Temple at 11:30am.

Good luck to everyone else!!

I submitted 9/15 .... I guess I should be hearing back soon. Did you learn of the decision thru tu portal or the mail/email?

i heard back via email, they never updated my portal it still says complete ready for review

Anyone who's had they're Thomas Jefferson interview, what kinds of questions did they ask? if you don't mind letting me know that is. I have my interview on Friday and I'm trying to prepare for it

Anyone who's had they're Thomas Jefferson interview, what kinds of questions did they ask? if you don't mind letting me know that is. I have my interview on Friday and I'm trying to prepare for it

Hi! I guess no one responded to you. :(

Could you let me know how your interview went? I have one next month! I hope you hear good news!

Has anyone heard from Temple since the new year? Originally when I called and asked when I would hear, I was told I would hear around new years. Then when I called a little over a week ago I was told I would hear "within a week" but still no update.. I'm wondering if it's the whole group that hasn't heard or if I fell through the cracks somehow

Has anyone heard from Temple since the new year? Originally when I called and asked when I would hear, I was told I would hear around new years. Then when I called a little over a week ago I was told I would hear "within a week" but still no update.. I'm wondering if it's the whole group that hasn't heard or if I fell through the cracks somehow
Yeah I haven't heard a thing either and my application was verified in the beginning of September

Yeah I haven't heard a thing either and my application was verified in the beginning of September

Have you both been checking TUportal or are you just on the lookout for an email? My TUportal was updated before I received the email, but I did receive the email the same day, which was much sooner than students from last year. Hope you hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard anything since early Dec. Just emailed them

They said I should hear a decision in the next month

I have been checking my TUportal and e-mail regularly :/ Waiting is definitely the hardest part!

I called today and found out I was waitlisted :( I never got an e-mail and TUportal never changed though.. Anyone who is still waiting might want to call and check in

Temple is really disorganized right now. I just contacted them and they told me that they haven't begun to review my application because I lacked a grade for a prerequisite that I did in fact complete and do have a grade for.... its great that if I hadn't have contacted them that they also wouldn't have bothered to let me know about this discrepancy in my application

Temple is really disorganized right now. I just contacted them and they told me that they haven't begun to review my application because I lacked a grade for a prerequisite that I did in fact complete and do have a grade for.... its great that if I hadn't have contacted them that they also wouldn't have bothered to let me know about this discrepancy in my application

What kind of bothers me is that they don't even bother to review your application until your done your prerequisites. I was completing two in the fall semester but was OTCAS verified 9/12 and supplemental done before that… and yet didn't get my complete/ready for review email until 1/9, and no notification that they wait on prerequisites, I only know because I know a professor in the program who told me. But nowhere does it say that they won't review your application until your done your prerequisites… which is a shame for people who are completing prerequisites in the spring… waste of money for them.

I just got an email saying I was waitlisted for Temple. Has anyone heard if the class is full already?

I just got into Temple today, has anyone accepted there offer there yet? I have heard good and bad things about the program I'd love to hear what others think.

I just got into Temple today, has anyone accepted there offer there yet? I have heard good and bad things about the program I'd love to hear what others think.

I was accepted to Temple in December and declined the offer. I have a friend who is in her first year there and she has only good things to say about the program. They are revamping their program so some of her favorite things will no longer be an option to new students - that was her understanding at least. I did really like the curriculum at Temple but I was accepted at programs that were cheaper, had more things speak to me and were ranked higher also. I still do think temple is a great school. When making your decision maybe attend the accepted students day or talk to faculty about the changes in the program. Talking to current students will only be so effective since the program will be changing a bit.

I was accepted to Temple in December and declined the offer. I have a friend who is in her first year there and she has only good things to say about the program. They are revamping their program so some of her favorite things will no longer be an option to new students - that was her understanding at least. I did really like the curriculum at Temple but I was accepted at programs that were cheaper, had more things speak to me and were ranked higher also. I still do think temple is a great school. When making your decision maybe attend the accepted students day or talk to faculty about the changes in the program. Talking to current students will only be so effective since the program will be changing a bit.
Thanks for the info! I am actually going to the open house for the program tonight, hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the info! I am actually going to the open house for the program tonight, hopefully that helps.
Do you mind sharing the info from the open house?

Do you mind sharing the info from the open house?
The open house was good, a bunch of current students were there and spoke so that was helpful. They all really like the program but said it was demanding. One thing I found out that was interesting is that all of your classes are with the entire group of students in your year and in the same room. Hope that helps.

The open house was good, a bunch of current students were there and spoke so that was helpful. They all really like the program but said it was demanding. One thing I found out that was interesting is that all of your classes are with the entire group of students in your year and in the same room. Hope that helps.
Do you know what makes their program different or stand out compared to others ?

Has anyone heard back from PhilaU? I got an email at the end of October to say they received my application but haven't heard anything since. I'm wait listed at Temple.

Has anyone heard back from PhilaU? I got an email at the end of October to say they received my application but haven't heard anything since. I'm wait listed at Temple.

I heard from them three weeks ago with an acceptance, so maybe they're sending them out in waves

I emailed them a few months ago (nov maybe) and they said they would begin to offer a few spots in Dec. but that most offers wouldn't go out until after 2/1 soooo I expect to hear from them soon. I emailed them Mon or Tues and have not heard anything back yet. By the way when did you hear from Temple? They still have not said anything to me.

I called PhilaU today and they said that the next bunch of acceptance/rejection emails and packets would be sent out very soon.

Has anyone else got an interview request from Temple? It was my understanding that they didn't do interviews… but I was just requested for an interview by phone.

I had a phone interview with Temple as well. I was told they were doing them with select applicants.

Those of you who had phone interviews---when did you apply? I'm wondering why I have not heard anything yet. I applied back in mid sep.

I also applied mid September... So maybe you'll hear soon! I just got the email this morning

I applied end of Oct/early Nov and was contacted in mid Jan for a phone interview.

I emailed them a few months ago (nov maybe) and they said they would begin to offer a few spots in Dec. but that most offers wouldn't go out until after 2/1 soooo I expect to hear from them soon. I emailed them Mon or Tues and have not heard anything back yet. By the way when did you hear from Temple? They still have not said anything to me.
Sorry I'm just seeing this now. Thanks for the insight. I heard back from Temple on 2/5 and ended up hearing back from PhilaU on 2/16. Waitlisted for both :/

I was wait listed at Temple today also. Though I was already accepted to and will be attending PhillyU.

Has anyone on this thread heard back from University of the sciences in the past week or two?

I was just offered a phone interview. I am currently on the waitlist so I guess they are looking at wait list applicants now. Can someone tell me what the phone interview was like? Never had one so I don't know what to expect!

I was just offered a phone interview while on the waitlist as well. If anyone could tell me what to expect I would be eternally grateful! I've never heard of a school doing something like this.

I was just offered a phone interview while on the waitlist as well. If anyone could tell me what to expect I would be eternally grateful! I've never heard of a school doing something like this.
Is your phone interview for university of the sciences or for temple?

Got in to Temple today! So excited!
Congrats on your acceptance! I have a phone interview with Temple as well. Could you give me any insight into what the interview was like?

Congrats on your acceptance! I have a phone interview with Temple as well. Could you give me any insight into what the interview was like?
Thanks! The phone interview is really short, only about 15 or 20 minutes. The questions they ask are mainly just to get a feel for your personality and are not your standard formal interview questions. Just relax and be yourself and you'll be fine. Good luck!