Philadelphia-area school applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just checked my online application status for Temple university and it says: university acceptance! I guess that means I got in?!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ahh yayyy, CONGRATS! :) What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
dfishy91, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!
Hi... So I don't have all my stats in front of me right now but...

-My overall GPA is a 3.7
-GRE (ugh) V-149, Q-154 W-4

-Around 300 hours of OT volunteering/ job shadowing
-I was just offered/accepted a job at MossRehab as a Therapy Aide, I work at a pediatric therapy center as a clinical assistant, work for the JFCS as a Direct Care Associate working with individuals with disabilities, a Therapy Aide for a women with Alzheimer's, and I am apart of a group working with stroke patients with an Occupational Therapist.

So I am pretty busy right now! I am hoping my experience helps me in this application process!!

We can possibly hear from Temple by the end of the week?!

I just checked my online application status for Temple university and it says: university acceptance! I guess that means I got in?!!

Congrats!! That is amazing!! Where can you check the status? Can you post the link in here and describe how you got there? I believe I have been checking in the right place but I just want to make sure. Is it the application menu and then you click to view your processed application and view the summary?

For the temple application... what does it say for everyone in the box that states, "application preference"?

Hi everyone. Here is the link to the Admissions Login page where you can enter your Login ID and PIN to access your application status page for Temple OT.
https://prd-wlssb.temple.edu/prod8/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

You can look under "Application Status" and "Decision" a bit down the page.

dfishy91: mine says "not entered" so I don't think you should worry about that.

My Temple application has also been updated as accepted (no email or anything yet)! Good luck everyone!!

Congrats everyone!
Still only "complete and ready for review" for me. Actually extremely nervous and sad now.:( Hopefully the rest of us hear some news either way soon.

My Temple application has also been updated as accepted (no email or anything yet)! Good luck everyone!!

Congrats to all of you who got in! ALH OT, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks! :)

Hi... So I don't have all my stats in front of me right now but...

-My overall GPA is a 3.7
-GRE (ugh) V-149, Q-154 W-4

-Around 300 hours of OT volunteering/ job shadowing
-I was just offered/accepted a job at MossRehab as a Therapy Aide, I work at a pediatric therapy center as a clinical assistant, work for the JFCS as a Direct Care Associate working with individuals with disabilities, a Therapy Aide for a women with Alzheimer's, and I am apart of a group working with stroke patients with an Occupational Therapist.

So I am pretty busy right now! I am hoping my experience helps me in this application process!!

We can possibly hear from Temple by the end of the week?!

Thanks for sharing, thats great that you have so much related work experience! I was wondering, do you have any advice on how to find and get these kinds of jobs in the Philly area? I have a lot of related volunteer experience but no direct work experience, so been having a hard time getting a position, at least just by searching/applying online to "Rehab Aide" "Therapy Aide" and "Rehab Tech." :( Thanks!

Thanks for sharing, thats great that you have so much related work experience! I was wondering, do you have any advice on how to find and get these kinds of jobs in the Philly area? I have a lot of related volunteer experience but no direct work experience, so been having a hard time getting a position, at least just by searching/applying online to "Rehab Aide" "Therapy Aide" and "Rehab Tech." :( Thanks!

Many of these places I volunteered with for a while. Additionally I just called millions of different practices asking if they have any open positions instead of searching online. That's how I got two of those jobs. Do you think my stats are okay? I was nervous about my GRE score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear back from Temple today?
I talked to TJ today and asked about the decision timeline. Decisions should be out mid to late January. :dead:

My app is still "Complete and Ready for Review" as well, but I am also still completing prereqs so I sorta expected it. For those of you who were accepted, did you have all your prereq classes complete already? Thanks!

Many of these places I volunteered with for a while. Additionally I just called millions of different practices asking if they have any open positions instead of searching online. That's how I got two of those jobs. Do you think my stats are okay? I was nervous about my GRE score.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try calling places! I really can't give an opinion on stats though since each school has their own way of weighing/ranking them. Guess we just have to wait and see. Good luck! :)

Oh good point lcs2074, I am currently completing my last prereq, which is physiology. That's a big one, so that would make sense.

Here are my stats sorry took me a while.

Overall GPA: 3.3
Prerequisite GPA: 3.5-3.7
GRE : V 162 Q 150
MAT: 430
Ob hours: around 250 or so in three areas
OTCAS verified: EARLY SEPT
APPLIED: Temple, Jefferson, Salus, D'youville college, Puget Sound, Midwestern univ-IL
Acceptances: Temple, D'youville
Rejections: None
Waiting: Jefferson, Salus, Puget Sound, Midwestern-IL

Did anyone hear back from Temple today?
I talked to TJ today and asked about the decision timeline. Decisions should be out mid to late January. :dead:

are you serious??? TJ said January????
no........................you gotta be kidding.

I completely wish I was kidding. haha. Definitely expected them sooner.. and it's not even early January, but mid to late January. The wait continues..:arghh:

My app is still "Complete and Ready for Review" as well, but I am also still completing prereqs so I sorta expected it. For those of you who were accepted, did you have all your prereq classes complete already? Thanks!
Actually I still have anatomy and physiology to complete so it can't be the only factor...don't lose hope I thought I had no chance!!

Gotcha. My situation is a little different since my school only offers anatomy and physiology separately. I know Pitt won't look at my app because I only have anatomy done and am working on physiology. Anyway, I decided the best way to figure anything out anymore is to email. haha. So I emailed about the prereq question and the timeline for decisions. I'll let you guys know when I get a response. Happy weekend everyone!:):)

Has anyone heard anymore from Temple? For those of you accepted, (I know many of you checked your application status, and it had been switched to accepted), but did you receive an official email too?
Still anxiously waiting.......
Also: Has anyone heard anything about the PhillyU decision timeframe?

Has anyone heard anymore from Temple? For those of you accepted, (I know many of you checked your application status, and it had been switched to accepted), but did you receive an official email too?
Still anxiously waiting.......
Also: Has anyone heard anything about the PhillyU decision timeframe?

I received an email today with an acceptance packet for Temple, probably around lunch time

Is there a timeline for when you need to let them know a decision by?
I feel like if we haven't heard from them by now, we may be on the waitlist, so I'm just wondering! :)

I feel like if we haven't heard from them by now, we may be on the waitlist, so I'm just wondering! :)

I don't think it necessarily means that were on the wait list. It's rolling admissions so they don't send all acceptances out at the same time you know?

I also received an acceptance welcome packet with deposit instructions around mid-day. The email and letter said different dates so I just went with the one in the acceptance letter which was two weeks from the date of the letter which was December 9th.

I agree with dfishy91, Temple is rolling admissions I don't think the class is all decided by mid-december. Plus, don't forget OT is an area where many MANY people get into programs off waitlists because of the oversaturation of applications.

I hope so! I guess I'm just trying to not get my hopes up too much. I've heard of about 6 people getting in that I know of..so it is just making me nervous I guess, especially since my OTCAS was verified in early Sept. And because on the website it says we should know in the fall semester and Temple's final week of classes are this week. All of this together is just bumming me out, but thanks for keeping positive. :)

I hope so! I guess I'm just trying to not get my hopes up too much. I've heard of about 6 people getting in that I know of..so it is just making me nervous I guess, especially since my OTCAS was verified in early Sept. And because on the website it says we should know in the fall semester and Temple's final week of classes are this week. All of this together is just bumming me out, but thanks for keeping positive. :)

Also I think they accept more people then there are spots because they know that people will end up going to other schools.

Hey ALH OT.... Would you mind telling us your stats?

University: Penn State University
Major: Human Development and Family Studies
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: not sure
GRE: 158, 156, 4.5

Extra-Curric: research experiences, OT club, gerontology club, honors clubs

Volunteer: 150+ hours at a variety of settings

Acceptances: Chatham, Rush, Temple

Waiting: UW Madison, Colorado State, Virginia Commonwealth

University: Penn State University
Major: Human Development and Family Studies
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: not sure
GRE: 158, 156, 4.5

Extra-Curric: research experiences, OT club, gerontology club, honors clubs

Volunteer: 150+ hours at a variety of settings

Acceptances: Chatham, Rush, Temple

Waiting: UW Madison, Colorado State, Virginia Commonwealth

Thank you for sharing!!! When did you submit your OTCAS?

No problem! I submitted end of July and was verified August 8th.
Congrats on your acceptances so far! Your stats are very impressive! Do you know which schools are your top choices?

Gotcha. My situation is a little different since my school only offers anatomy and physiology separately. I know Pitt won't look at my app because I only have anatomy done and am working on physiology. Anyway, I decided the best way to figure anything out anymore is to email. haha. So I emailed about the prereq question and the timeline for decisions. I'll let you guys know when I get a response. Happy weekend everyone!:):)

alg5443, have you received a response? Thanks!

how come most people did not apply to usciences? is ita bad school to apply to?

donno about school rep. just couldn't afford flight to PA for an interview.

alg5443,
Thanks so much for following up, please let me know when you hear back. Its so tough waiting on schools' decisions, I hope you receive some idea as to how many acceptances were sent and where the rest of us stand.

OT4me8412,
Honestly I didn't apply because they were the only Philly school not in OTCAS, they're all rolling admissions schools and I was rushing to get everything in ASAP, so just didn't have time to duplicate everything (LORs, transcripts, etc) for their application separately. Plus there is a thread on this forum I read stating they almost lost their accreditation for having very low NBCOT pass rates, which concerned me. And they are the only school I considered applying to that required Physics, which I don't have and would have to complete at a community college. In retrospect though, I wish I had applied and if I have to reapply next year I definitely will. I have a friend who is applying this year and has received a very good impression from them.

Last edited:
lcs2074, I will definitely keep you updated. :)

Also, I didn't apply to Usciences because of the cost of the program. $1,447 per credit is quite expensive compared to the other in state schools that I have applied to.

I applied to usciences in mid August and have not heard back at all. After reading many forums I decided not to post anything because I dont have no where near as many observation hours as everyone else. I will be more competitive next year. I hope everyone does well. Good luck.

When I called, the monday before thanksgiving, they told me that they were just looking over things (as stated in the forums).

Good luck to you as well. They told another applicant mid December possibly. It's hard not to think about it!

Hey guys,
I heard that PhillyU started sending out acceptance emailed today. Can anyone confirm this? :)
I haven't received anything yet, but that doesn't mean anything.....

Coolrunnins and Ics2074,

I have an interview with Salus as well- on December 12th! Im very excited to learn more about their program; hopefully they will become accredited soon. Does anyone know how to check their status for Thomas Jeffersons application? I cannot seem to find the link or page to do so!

I'm curious how the Salus interview went for all of you yesterday. I'm particularly interested in your impressions on the program and the parts you like/dislike. I'd appreciate any insights. Hope the interview went well for you all!

I received an email back from Temple. Apps without a decision are still under consideration right now. I don't think the prereqs have anything to do with it. Also, they do not have an idea about when we can expect decisions because of the significant increase in applications they have received this year. No news is good news for now.

Today I received a letter of acceptance from Usciences! I am going to accept it! :)