Physics at the University of Sussex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socscipremed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I found this awesome program at the University of Sussex through UC EAP where I can take 12 quarter credits (8 semester credits) of physics in 8 weeks. I was wondering if medical schools look down on completing premed prereqs abroad.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this program before? Was this program and its experiences worth the money? I love England and it has been a dream to study abroad there since high school and I thought this program was a good fit for me. I would really appreciate any answers or opinions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I found this awesome program at the University of Sussex through UC EAP where I can take 12 quarter credits (8 semester credits) of physics in 8 weeks. I was wondering if medical schools look down on completing premed prereqs abroad.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this program before? Was this program and its experiences worth the money? I love England and it has been a dream to study abroad there since high school and I thought this program was a good fit for me. I would really appreciate any answers or opinions. Thanks!
AMCAS doesn't accept foreign transcripts. But if you take the class through an official study abroad program and the grade will appear on your official US college transcript (not a pass/fail), then AMCAS will include it. Still, historically most US med schools would like you to take prerequisite classes in the US or Canada. You'd have to call your target schools individually (if you can't find pertinent information on their website) and check on their policy in this regard, so you don't end up having to retake the classes.

Reactions: 1 users
AMCAS doesn't accept foreign transcripts. But if you take the class through an official study abroad program and the grade will appear on your official US college transcript (not a pass/fail), then AMCAS will include it. Still, historically most US med schools would like you to take prerequisite classes in the US or Canada. You'd have to call your target schools individually (if you can't find pertinent information on their website) and check on their policy in this regard, so you don't end up having to retake the classes.
Thank you for your insight! I will contact my interested medical schools accordingly!