Post Doc Interviews (Neuro/Rehab)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhDInsanity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have several post doc interviews coming up in peds neuropsych/rehab training sites. Most of these interviews appear to be all day long. What can I expect? Any topics/questions I should especially prepare for? I feel like I had much more insight into what the pre-doc interview process looks like and now I feel a bit lost. Nervous!!

Members don't see this ad.

Rehab sites will want to know why rehab specifically, as they are a slightly different animal than most neuro sites. This is one of the most important questions I ask every applicant, and I think most/all other rehab sites will ask this to during their interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is really helpful as I prepare for an interview at a more rehab-focused neuropsych site!

I just had my first interview -- I didn't get any crazy questions. I was asked to present a case (different from the work samples that I submitted), questions about my dissertation and research interests, fit (why here, what are your training goals for fellowship) and exactly how independent I am with aspects of a neuropsych eval. I also went through a case, i.e., was given the history and talked through diagnosis options out loud, and then was given the summary sheet and talked through the data until reaching some final diagnostic conclusions.

Sorry for double-posting this, but I realized that this was a better thread for me to post this in. For anyone who has participated in the APPCN match process in the past, what time did you receive the email on the day of the match? Thank you!!