Post Office Screwed Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pomona2006

UC Davis SVM c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone have the post office screw up on you - like lose stuff?! I sent my transcripts to a few schools like 2 weeks ago and through the tracking number, it seems like 1 of them didn't get to its destination. I already called the post office and filed a claim regarding the package (who knows what that will do). Any ideas for how to handle this?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone have the post office screw up on you - like lose stuff?! I sent my transcripts to a few schools like 2 weeks ago and through the tracking number, it seems like 1 of them didn't get to its destination. I already called the post office and filed a claim regarding the package (who knows what that will do). Any ideas for how to handle this?

Call the school which did not receive and explain the situation. Ask them what you can do.

Yeah, I contacted the school as well as the post office. The school was much nicer than the post office. Of course they are going through thousands of apps right now, so they said they will let me know when they've sorted through everything if my transcripts are indeed missing (more likely that the post office didn't scan the package when they delivered it). However, if the transcripts are missing, the school says they will accept them whenever they do arrive without a problem. Yay! :)