Postdoc Interview Invitation Thread 2022-2023/2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have a sense of when offers start to come out for non-match sites? The "wild west" aspect of applying to both match and non-match programs is... stressful lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have a sense of when offers start to come out for non-match sites? The "wild west" aspect of applying to both match and non-match programs is... stressful lol
They have started. I’ve received a “we have made offers” email, from one site I interviewed with last week, early today.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I know someone who accepted a non-match offer at a peds neuro site at an academic medical center around Christmas time but I think it's super variable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from:
-Memphis VA-Neuro
-MEDVAMC Neuro
-VA St. Louis -Neuro

Reactions: 1 user
Has anybody heard from Mayo Clinic postdoc yet? Interviewed this past week and still nothing.

A site I interviewed with last week said they would make an offer this week. I have yet to hear anything (as of Thursday evening), would it be safe to say they made an offer to someone else?

I’m thinking of reaching out to ask about my status. Has anyone reached out to sites to explicitly ask where they are in the rank? Any tips on how to proceed? 😬

Official Site Name: University of New Mexico
Date Invitation Received: 1/14/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal(?) email (had my name on it, but message sounded generic)
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Forensic
Interview Dates Offered: 2/4, 2/11
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: getting excited for the playoffs this weekend

Official Site Name: Northshore University health system
Date Invitation Received: 1/13/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult neuro
Interview Dates Offered: several

Is it a fair assumption that if I haven’t heard back from the Manhattan VA PTSD program (deadline to notify is today) then most likely got rejected?

Official Site Name: MEDVAMC (Houston VA)
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): neuropsych
Interview Dates Offered: will follow up with email and doodle poll to pick interview dates for next week

Official Site Name: Maryland VA Healthcare System (VAMHCS) Trauma Recovery Program
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Email (I think mass email?)
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Emphasis in PTSD in Returning Veterans
Interview Dates Offered:1/28

Anyone hear from VA Puget Sound or Kaiser Northern California?

Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: Minnesota Forensic Services
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): mass email
Interview Dates Offered: 2/2, 2/3, 2/4

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! Don't know why I'm just joining this site (this woulda been nice for internship), but has anyone heard from CHOC ASD track yet?

Anyway, here are my interview offers so far - I applied to 13 sites and I appreciate everyone's transparency:

Official Site Name: Baylor/TCH
Date Invitation Received: 1/4/22
Method of Invitation: Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Autism Track
Interview Dates Offered: 1/21, 1/24, 1/28, 1/31, 2/4

Official Site Name
: Nemours Children's Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 1/7/22
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): ASD Fellowship
Interview Dates Offered: Asked for my availability in last week of Jan

Official Site Name: NYU/CUIMC
Date Invitation Received: 1/8/22
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsych of Learning Disabilities/PROMISE
Interview Dates Offered: 1/14
Interview format:
Two, 1-hr interviews with director and faculty

Official Site Name: Kennedy Krieger Child Clinical
Date Invitation Received: 1/12/22
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Assessment Track
Interview Dates Offered: Like a 100 dates in early Feb

Official Site Name: Emory University
Date Invitation Received: 1/12/22
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neurobehavior and Exposure Clinic
Interview Dates Offered: Asked for my availability

Last edited:
Is it a fair assumption that if I haven’t heard back from the Manhattan VA PTSD program (deadline to notify is today) then most likely got rejected?
I heard from them last week, but you never know! Could be on a rolling basis

Official Site Name: University of Utah School of Medicine
Date Invitation Received: 1/14/22
Method of Invitation: Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: January 25-27; TBD with specific times

Official Site Name: Northwest Forensic Institute
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): mass email
Interview Dates Offered: 1/28, 1/31

Last edited:
Official Site Name: Jesse Brown VA
Date Invitation Received: 1/14/2021
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): PTSD-SUD-Pain
Interview Dates Offered: 2/2 and 2/9 but flexible with the individual interviews
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: going to go ice skating tonight!

Has anyone heard from Stanford Adult General Psych track?

Official Site Name: Alpert Brown Medical School
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): CPP- PVAMC
Interview Dates Offered: 1/24 and 1/28

I got an interview for VA puget sound 12/17 for primary care and I got an interview for Kaiser west bay so maybe Norther California is behind.
Ah I applied for a different track. Did the email seem like it was for all tracks?

Hi all - I'm having a little dilemma. All of my sites follow the UND. Yesterday, I interviewed at a site, and they mentioned that they often fill slots before the UND (although they follow it) because they engage in the reciprocal offer process. However, at the end of the interview, they told me they were highly interested in bringing me on (and I feel the same). But- now I'm worried that their slots will fill simply because I won't get an offer prior to the UND, and thus, be able to request a reciprocal offer from them. Any thoughts on this?

Hi all - I'm having a little dilemma. All of my sites follow the UND. Yesterday, I interviewed at a site, and they mentioned that they often fill slots before the UND (although they follow it) because they engage in the reciprocal offer process. However, at the end of the interview, they told me they were highly interested in bringing me on (and I feel the same). But- now I'm worried that their slots will fill simply because I won't get an offer prior to the UND, and thus, be able to request a reciprocal offer from them. Any thoughts on this?
In theory, sites that follow the UND would rank their applicants and give them offers according to that order on the UND. If you were ranked top by that site, they wouldn't just give your spot to the applicants ranked below you because they requested a reciprocal offer. It was probably additional info they wanted to give you when they discussed reciprocal offers. There were also applicants who were told they were top choices at the interviews but ended up not getting an offer (because you never know who you are up against). Your best bet is to do well in the upcoming interviews and finalize your ranking for when the UND comes so you are prepared for whatever offers you get.

In theory, sites that follow the UND would rank their applicants and give them offers according to that order on the UND. If you were ranked top by that site, they wouldn't just give your spot to the applicants ranked below you because they requested a reciprocal offer. It was probably additional info they wanted to give you when they discussed reciprocal offers. There were also applicants who were told they were top choices at the interviews but ended up not getting an offer (because you never know who you are up against). Your best bet is to do well in the upcoming interviews and finalize your ranking for when the UND comes so you are prepared for whatever offers you get.
Thank you for this @niceman - trying to remain logical and hopeful!

Has anyone heard about the Hines PTSD track? I know someone who heard back from 2 of their health focused tracks but nothing for PTSD.

Official Site Name: VA New York Harbor Healthcare System, Margaret Cochran Corbin campus (Manhattan).
Date Invitation Received: 1/6/22
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): PTSD clinic
Interview Dates Offered: Wednesday, January 19th, 8:30am to 12:00pm , Wednesday, January 19th, 12:30pm – 4:00pm, Friday, January 21st, 8:30am to 12:00pm , Friday, January 21st, 12:30 – 4:00pm

Official Site Name: Boston College
Date Invitation Received: 1/9/22
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): n/a
Interview Dates Offered: 1/24, 1/25, 1/28, 1/31, 2/1, 2/4, 2/7, 2/8, and 2/11.

Official Site Name: Bedford VA (Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital in Bedford, MA)
Date Invitation Received: 1/10/22
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Interprofessional Mental Health
Interview Dates Offered:

Official Site Name: Hamptom VAMC
Date Invitation Received: 1/13/22
Interview Dates Offered:2/7, 2/8, 2/9

Has anyone heard from the IPV track at Bedford VA?

Posting on behalf of another applicant..

Official Site Name: Loyola University Medical Center Health Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship
Date Invitation Received: 1/11/22
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): health psychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/19, 1/20, 1/26, 1/27
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Friends reruns

Official Site Name: University of Wisconsin (Madison) Hospital and Clinics
Date Invitation Received: 1/5/22
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): phone call
Interview Dates Offered: 1/12, 1/26

Official Site Name: VA Puget Sound, Seattle Division
Date Invitation Received: 1/6/22
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): bmed and pain psychology
Interview Dates Offered: various times throughout week of 1/11

Official Site Name: Louis Stokes Cleveland VAMC Health Psychology Residencies
Date Invitation Received: 1/7/22
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Specialty Clinics
Interview Dates Offered: 1/28, 1/31

Official Site Name: Henry Ford Health Center Health Psychology Fellowship
Date Invitation Received: 12/16/21
Interview Dates Offered: 1/12, 1/14, 1/19

Has anyone heard back from Portland VA on whether they've made an offer?

Official Site Name: VA Maryland Healthcare System
Date Invitation Received: 1/18/22
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): PC-MHI
Interview Dates Offered: 2/3 or 2/7 - you can rank these dates and they require your ranking by 1/21

Official Site Name: Baylor TIRR Memorial Hermann
Date Invitation Received: 1/18/22
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Person Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsych
Interview Dates Offered: 1/31-2/4

Official Site Name: South Carolina Department of Mental Health
Date Invitation Received: 1/18/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal(?) email (had my name on it, but message sounded generic)
Interview Dates Offered: a bunch of time slots available beginning on 1/28

Reactions: 3 users