PRP spine…?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drd105

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a tricare patient with facet mediated lumbar pain, wants PRP for the discs. Can anyone advise me of a few phsyicians doing this procedure regularly to make my life easier when someone is determined to have it done?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a tricare patient with facet mediated lumbar pain, wants PRP for the discs. Can anyone advise me of a few phsyicians doing this procedure regularly to make my life easier when someone is determined to have it done?
Lower yourself to no standards?

Just say no.

Reactions: 1 users
you have a patient you are saying you've diagnosed with facet mediated pain.

the patient is asking for a treatment for their disc.

why even entertain that request?

Members don't see this ad :)
did you do mbb to rule out facets…to confirm your suspicion and possibly shut the patient up?

If so then punt him/her anywhere else.

Send them to Greg lutz, his pricing alone will scare that patient straight

Reactions: 1 user
if they are only interested in PRP for discs - or any such unique and specific treatment that you do not offer - then it is best to send them on their way. you arent going to change their mind.

they could google regenexx or centeno...

Colleague's request and good procedural experience for fellows.
Why don’t you just tell your colleague that it doesn’t work and do something that, idk, really works…like intracept …🤦🏽‍♂️

did you do mbb to rule out facets…to confirm your suspicion and possibly shut the patient up?

If so then punt him/her anywhere else.

Send them to Greg lutz, his pricing alone will scare that patient straight
How much does he charge?

Why don’t you just tell your colleague that it doesn’t work and do something that, idk, really works…like intracept …🤦🏽‍♂️
Because in their own experience they think it works and I'm not going to undermine my colleagues' decision-making.

Sometimes I'm the doc making the decisions, sometimes I'm the guy doing the procedure.

Because in their own experience they think it works and I'm not going to undermine my colleagues' decision-making.

Sometimes I'm the doc making the decisions, sometimes I'm the guy doing the procedure.
Ah, the joy of academics...

Ah the joy of outcomes based primarily on subjectivity…

Should have done cardiology..

Reactions: 2 users
I've done PRP in one facet joint (severe L5-S1 facet OA s/p L3-5 fusion), after doing ESI, RFA, SIJ. Hated this guy. Despised him. Saw his name on my schedule and I'd get super annoyed. Total psychopath with delusional ideas about life in general. Wouldn't let me leave the exam room.

Saw him one time after that PRP injxn and he had no more complaints. Haven't seen him since.

He's either (1) better, (2) tired of my failures and has found himself a new doctor or he's (3) dead.

Reactions: 1 user
I've done PRP in one facet joint (severe L5-S1 facet OA s/p L3-5 fusion), after doing ESI, RFA, SIJ. Hated this guy. Despised him. Saw his name on my schedule and I'd get super annoyed. Total psychopath with delusional ideas about life in general. Wouldn't let me leave the exam room.

Saw him one time after that PRP injxn and he had no more complaints. Haven't seen him since.

He's either (1) better, (2) tired of my failures and has found himself a new doctor or he's (3) dead.
KOL!

• Haha
Thanks everyone - I told him no one anywhere around here is doing that and I would ask around - but you’re right I shouldn’t have offered that. I’m sure he won’t call back. But if he does I asked around and will rec generic second opinion. And then he can move on to that and then third, etc.

ive had plenty of success with facet prp too(including myself)....not sure what baron is doing. I havent done intradiscal in awhile.....usually the things i do before intradiscal work, so they dont get to that point.