Question for People with Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stickgirl390

I tell chemistry jokes periodically.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some friends who have already been rejected from multiple schools. Aside from one II, it's been crickets for me from 12 other schools. I'm fine with "no news is good news", but I'm wondering if anyone who has been rejected already wouldn't mind sharing their MCAT/GPA scores. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This depends less on your statistics and more on the schools that you have applied to- some schools give out early cycle rejections, and some don't.

Reactions: 1 users
This depends less on your statistics and more on the schools that you have applied to- some schools give out early cycle rejections, and some don't.
Do you know which schools tend to give out early rejections? Is it like, only higher-rated schools or is it more/less arbitrary?

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected from OUWB 3.8/510. One II from my state school and silence from the rest of the MD schools I applied to.

not sure how helpful this thread will be seeing as stats are just one aspect of the application.

rejected from OUWB 3.8/510. One II from my state school and silence from the rest of the MD schools I applied to.

not sure how helpful this thread will be seeing as stats are just one aspect of the application.
That is why I'm asking. My friend seems to think she got rejected just from her MCAT score. Your answer alone proves otherwise. 510 is obviously a great score.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know which schools tend to give out early rejections? Is it like, only higher-rated schools or is it more/less arbitrary?

I would say more arbitrary. I would suggest looking through the school specific threads of the ones you have applied to. Of the schools I applied to, I can think of Tulane, Jefferson, and VCU off the top of my head as schools that have sent out rejections. My one rejection so far was from Tulane.

EDIT: 3.7 gpa / 509 MCAT

Last edited:
It's definitely more than just scores (although obviously if your friend's scores aren't up to snuff for the schools she applied to, it could be scores as well)

Rejected from OUWB and Indiana - 3.88/513, have 3 IIs so far

Also from the OUWB + UPitt reject pile :laugh: LizzyM 70-ish depending on how the school looks at my MCAT retake.

Yeah, and I agree there's definitely more than just stats and many aspects are school specific.

Rejected OUWB + UW-Madison LizzyM 78. Based on the few shared experiences in this thread, OUWB appears to offer very early rejections.

It could very well be that your friend was extremely middle of the pack in terms of academic metrics and did not have anything else that stood out to adcom. Doesn't mean she had a bad score, just that nothing was special enough for that school to warrant her an acceptance.

Check the school-specific threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected from Indiana, UW-Madison, Lerner, and Pritzker. 515 MCAT and 3.9 sGPA. (3 II).

LizzyM ~71-73 rejected from Pitt and UC Irvine post-secondary (I guess didn't fit with their missions). I was also rejected from Case Western 48 hours after being complete which I thought was pretty impressive :laugh:

(7 II, 1 acceptance)

Oh my, I have so many. LizzyM=73ish, but this number is deceptive as I have a low GPA. Rejected from Oakland, Pitt, Tulane, VCU ( :vamp: pre-secondary!!), and many more. The one that really hurt was the Pitt rejection, since I loved the school and thought my secondary was really good. Ugh.

Reactions: 6 users
Oh my, I have so many. LizzyM=73ish, but this number is deceptive as I have a low GPA. Rejected from Oakland, Pitt, Tulane, VCU :)vamp:pre-secondary!!), and many more. The one that really hurt was the Pitt rejection, since I loved the school and thought my secondary was really good. Ugh.

This is exactly me but with different schools. :(

I like this thread. Helps for those of us with multiple rejections and 0 acceptances!

Reactions: 2 users
This is exactly me but with different schools. :(
:( Low GPA really sucks.
PS - would you mind editing your quoted post to reflect the vampire emoticon in my original post? It fits a lot more with my feelings than the one you quoted ;)

LizzyM 72.4

1 II from very low tier school (rejected post-interview), 2 pre-II rejections from mid tier schools

Silence from other 17 schools, including state school

:( Low GPA really sucks.
PS - would you mind editing your quoted post to reflect the vampire emoticon in my original post? It fits a lot more with my feelings than the one you quoted ;)

I just tried, but it gave me an SDN error message! I'm sorry! I'm sure people will get the vampire message from your original point!

Rejected from Pitt, UW-Mad, OUWB, and Tulane.

1 MD II 1 DO II... LM 70

Silence from 20 other MD schools. Being rejected at 2 of my 'fit' schools (ouwb and tulane) makes me start to question if I am going to get any more II..

Oh my, I have so many. LizzyM=73ish, but this number is deceptive as I have a low GPA. Rejected from Oakland, Pitt, Tulane, VCU ( :vamp: pre-secondary!!), and many more. The one that really hurt was the Pitt rejection, since I loved the school and thought my secondary was really good. Ugh.
Pitt - same
Tulane - same
VCU - same (also pre-secondary) :confused:

Pitt - same
Tulane - same
VCU - same (also pre-secondary) :confused:
I think someone at VCU must have had a stroke the day they rejected you pre-secondary. I mean, no one but Harvard should even think about rejecting a 78 LizzyMer pre-secondary.

rejected from Indiana, UW-Madison, Lerner, and Pritzker. 515 MCAT and 3.9 sGPA. (3 II).
Geeze I can't believe they rejected you with those stats. I hope they at least interviewed you first.

I think someone at VCU must have had a stroke the day they rejected you pre-secondary. I mean, no one but Harvard should even think about rejecting a 78 LizzyMer pre-secondary.
It's that yield protection... Idk though...

Adcoms at Pitt be like, "ugh ANOTHER 519?? Dang, why can't we get any 525+ people."

I swear, Pitt is insane.
I can only imagine that they are looking for something very specific that i didnt fit the bill for. it was one of my top choices too :(

Geeze I can't believe they rejected you with those stats. I hope they at least interviewed you first.
Nope, no interview at the schools that rejected me. I've heard from a UW-Mad medical school alum that UW is accepting VERY FEW OOS applicants this year. I was not surprised by my OOS rejections (Wisconsin and Indiana), or my Pritzker rejection (I assume my MCAT wasn't high enough, as ridiculous as that sounds). I was, however, bummed about my Lerner rejection. I am a non-trad career changer (previously a special education teacher), and thought I really fit well with Lerner's mission etc. But I got over it, I'm just hoping from some love from the schools I'm interviewing at!

LizzyM ~71-73 rejected from Pitt and UC Irvine post-secondary (I guess didn't fit with their missions). I was also rejected from Case Western 48 hours after being complete which I thought was pretty impressive :laugh:

(7 II, 1 acceptance)

How many clinical hours did you have? I heard that really matters for UC Irvine

I can only imagine that they are looking for something very specific that i didnt fit the bill for. it was one of my top choices too :(
Same, was really upset that day and it was my first rejection. I know a person from my town who interviewed there this cycle. We went to the same high school and he was two years ahead of me. I feel like Pitt really likes the super nerdy type of people (like MIT/CalTech type nerds), but that is based in my impression. That person was also an engineering major.

Rejected from Albany, LizzyM around 73. It feels pretentious to say this, but yield protection?

This thread is making me feel better about my Pitt rejection.

Last edited:
You were complete significantly late, not to mention that they care a lot more than just GPA and MCAT
Committee letter in by mid September isn't significantly late, but it doesn't really matter at this point, I have other options that worked out :)

Last edited:
So.... My LizzyM is terrible (62-63) so I expected a ton of rejections, but I can add to the fact that stats aren't everything!

Rejections: Albany, GT (where I interviewed last year - boo), MSU, Quinnipiac, USUHS, WVUSOM, and U of Wash.
But I do have 3 MD interviews & I haven't heard back from OUWB yet!

I have some friends who have already been rejected from multiple schools. Aside from one II, it's been crickets for me from 12 other schools. I'm fine with "no news is good news", but I'm wondering if anyone who has been rejected already wouldn't mind sharing their MCAT/GPA scores. Thanks!
Rejected from two DO schools pre interview. My other MDs are quiet so fingers crossed. 2.9X/506

Rejected from OUWB in a heartbeat. 3.95, 518. Have received II's since, however.

So.... My LizzyM is terrible (62-63) so I expected a ton of rejections, but I can add to the fact that stats aren't everything!

Rejections: Albany, GT (where I interviewed last year - boo), MSU, Quinnipiac, USUHS, WVUSOM, and U of Wash.
But I do have 3 MD interviews & I haven't heard back from OUWB yet!
Ayyy at least you'll be a doctor! :)

Rejected from: Dartmouth, Albany, GT, Quinn (this morning *cry* ) and Tulane

Interviewed at GW really early (first week of sept) but I got waitlisted post II (which really hurt because my interview went really well)

Still haven't heard from ~ 17 Schools

4 of those 17 are reach schools for me (Yale, Brown, UCONN since i'm OOS, and Colombia) So I'm gonna go ahead and assume those are rejections until proven otherwise

so all in all i'd say I have about 12 more chances at an acceptance. :cryi:

Rejected from: Dartmouth, Albany, GT, Quinn (this morning *cry* ) and Tulane

Interviewed at GW really early (first week of sept) but I got waitlisted post II (which really hurt because my interview went really well)

Still haven't heard from ~ 17 Schools

4 of those 17 are reach schools for me (Yale, Brown, UCONN since i'm OOS, and Colombia) So I'm gonna go ahead and assume those are rejections until proven otherwise

so all in all i'd say I have about 12 more chances at an acceptance. :cryi:
Ayyy banana if you get an II from UConn we could be classmates XD (Although I have yet to hear back myself...:oops:)

Haha but an acceptance from somewhere is better than nothing. Good luck on your MD apps~
Yes, that's true! I am very happy with my DO cycle! Just my in-state MD school would be A LOT cheaper lol
Thanks! you too! :)

Rejections from Albany, OUWB (shame, I really liked their program), VCU, Stony Brook, and USC-Keck with cGPA 3.3/MCAT 37 (last year of eligibility haha)
Grade hold at EVMS