Quote of the Day

slacker :p

It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.
William Shakespeare
I am not!!! :b

"If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want."
- Zig Ziglar

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
- Zig Ziglar

"The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty."
- Zig Ziglar

"Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will."
- Zig Ziglar

Members don't see this ad.

Ok...So I am slacking...but (and here is my excuse) it's getting harder to find more and more quotes that I haven't used....

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."
- Stephen Hawking

"People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining."
- Stephen Hawking

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny."
- Stephen Hawking

"My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all."
- Stephen Hawking

"We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet."
- Stephen Hawking

"It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival value."
- Stephen Hawking

"One cannot really argue with a mathematical theorem."
- Stephen Hawking

Complete and Utter Slacker = ME ....My excuse (getting my midterms and studying like crazy)....

"Open your closed mind, close your open mouth."

"What you do today, can improve your overall tomorrow."

"The only problem with dreaming is waking."

"Be the type of person you want to meet."

"Joy is not in things; it is in us."

"What matters most is how you see yourself."

"Spend your life with someone who makes you happy, not someone you have to impress."

And....

"Live in the moment."

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had some personal issues....and I am now finally dealing with them.....= my absence...

..so here are my quotes:

"I wanna be the reason behind your smile, because surely you're the reason behind mine."

"I thought watching you leave was hard, but knowing you weren't coming back was even harder."

"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up."

"Distance doesn't matter if you really love the person, what matters most is your honesty and trust for that relationship to work out."

"Never start what you don't want to continue."

"Some people avoid problem, they want to enjoy their life. Some people seek problem, they want to grow."

"Be crazy. Be stupid. Be silly. Be weird. Be whatever. Because life is too short to be anything but happy."

ohmygod how did we let this thread die? :cry:

^ there we go! :D

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Oscar Wilde

Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.
Steve Jobs

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
Albert Einstein

ohmygod how did we let this thread die? :cry:
I am so, so sorry....I've been on a little hiatus from SDN....but, I'm back now...If I don't post anything, I'll make sure @Arijos0222 does....so this thread won't die :)

Thanks for posting in my absence :)

"The past speaks to us in a thousand voices, warning and comforting, animating and stirring to action."
- Felix Adler

"My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out."
- Timothy Leary

"Civilization is unbearable, but it is less unbearable at the top."
- Timothy Leary

"A human being is not attaining his full heights until he is educated."
- Horace Mann

Lol it's cool.. but srsly tho

the balance in the world is restored :')

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius

"Materialism is only but a deception, let it not blind you from the true value of life." - Unknown

Your notion severely breaks the laws of physics.

...... :cool:
I don't mind :) Let the balance of the world be determined by me :) :)

Chinese Proverbs

"If you don't change the direction of the road, you will end up where you are headed."

"Not hearing is not as good as hearing, hearing is not as good as seeing, seeing is not as good as mentally knowing, mentally knowing is not as good as acting; true learning continues up to the point that action comes forth"

"You can only understand something by trying it yourself."

"A pound of practice is worth more than an ounce of theory."

"When the wind of change blows, some build walls, while others build windmills."

Members don't see this ad :)
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush "

"A room without books is like a body without a soul"

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"

"Cut off your nose to spite your face "

' *****h, you can stop right there. Just because I have no wish to murder you in front of your daughter doesn't mean that parading her around in front of me will inspire sympathy. You and I have unfinished business. And not a godd****d thing you've done in the subsequent four years including getting knocked up is going to change that.'
~Beatrix Kiddo
'So when do we do this?'
Venita Green A.K.A copperhead
'It all depends. When do you want to die? Tomorrow? The day after tomorrow?'
~Beatrix Kiddo
'How about tonight, b****?'
~Venita Green A.K.A copperhead
'Splendid. Where'
~Beatrix Kiddo

Last edited:
welp, since we're adding in and it's graduation season..

A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success.
Robert Orben

Being considerate of others will take your children further in life than any college degree.
Marian Wright Edelman

Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
Malcolm X

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again."*

* - If this is your motto skydiving is not for you, nor is defusing bombs.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

It's not easy to cut through a human head with a hacksaw.
Michael Crichton - Author of Jurassic Park and Graduate of Harvard Medical School

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
Albert Einstein

"ain't NObody got time fo DAT"

What I got out of it - stop BSing others and yourself

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
Steve Jobs

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. ... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful -- that's what matters to me."
Steve Jobs

Sorry guys D: I graduated finally :soexcited: so i was kiiiinnnda busy, but back to business :D

"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the heck she is."
― Ellen DeGeneres

"Parents are like God because you wanna know they're out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something."
― Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

"What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family."
― Mother Teresa

“Parents are like God because you wanna know they're out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

As a corollary I've heard somewhere that God made teenagers so that humans will know how it feels when they make something in their own image, guide it, and nurture it, and then it turns around and rejects their existence.

As a corollary I've heard somewhere that God made teenagers so that humans will know how it feels when they make something in their own image, guide it, and nurture it, and then it turns around and rejects their existence.

lol that is hilarious :thumbup::laugh:

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
Buddha

Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
Muhammad Ali

“Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with.”
― Brodi Ashton, Everneath

“Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me. ”
― Fred Rogers

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.”
― Barack Obama

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Hungry man, reach for the book: it is a weapon.”
― Bertolt Brecht

Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good.
― Joe Paterno

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Lincoln

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi

"Whoever of you is upset, let him sit down. If he is still upset, let him lie down" - Beloved

Last edited:
“Just to show my dad that I think he's number one, I bought him a urinal cake for his birthday.”
― Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

― Satchel Paige

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not seek revenge?
William Shakespeare

The best revenge is massive success.
Frank Sinatra

just saw the purge, so here's a few on murder :laugh:

"There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for."
― Tom Robbins, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

"Killing is not so easy as the innocent believe."
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

"Suddenly I grasped what was happening- they were all trying to save me. I never thought I was worth saving."
― Albert Borris, Crash Into Me

"And it's funny how when somebody saves you, the first thing you want to do is save other people. All other people. Everybody. The kid never knew the man's name. But he never forgot that smile. "Hero" isn't the first word, but it's the first word that comes to mind."
― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

"I am not particularly interested in saving time; I prefer to enjoy it."
― Eduardo Hughes Galeano

I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
Michael Jordan

My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.
Abraham Lincoln

Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
Michael Jordan

Yesterday's home runs don't win today's games.
Babe Ruth

"Happiness is only real when shared"
― Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

Sarcasm doesn't translate in print at all.
Megan Fox

“Seven Deadly Sins

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
― Lao Tzu

“After you find out all the things that can go wrong, your life becomes less about living and more about waiting.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

“Each patient carries his own doctor inside him.”
― Norman Cousins, Anatomy Of An Illness

“Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.”
― Orson Welles

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own

“Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart.”
― Erma Bombeck

"All rats gotta die, even masta splinter"- Wayne

"I see your girl when I want, I got that ho* tivo'd"- Wayne

"Hi, I am looking for molly."- tyga

I think that's enough quotes for me today!

“Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself.”
― Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

“The ultimate test of man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.”
― Gaylord Nelson

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”
― Robert Frost

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Narcotics Anonymous

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Leo Buscaglia

"People are no damn good"
William Steig, The Lonely Ones