R & B Mafia Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm good with that

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If we're starting tomorrow I'm good. I misread it and thought we were playing tonight.
I was seeing if we possibly could, but doubt people are going to get checked in by 6 EST tonight. We shall see what happens. If not, I will be starting tomorrow at 8 am and hope I have a pull from list if there are MIA.

I don't think I could do the 5 or 6 pm start (I'm back in London and I won't be able to stay up too late), but I can do the 8am game for sure!

Not going to be able to do it if its speed WW, sorry

Welp, if the folks who are playing don't mind a double game, I can make this an extended affair that lasts into BIs necromancy game. Like I said, I have minimal to do with it. You all have to participate and play the game pretty much solely on BS detection. I can send roles now with current roster and have it be night till 8 am. Day cycles would be 12 hours so end 8 pm eastern.

Members don't see this ad :)
Welp, if the folks who are playing don't mind a double game, I can make this an extended affair that lasts into BIs necromancy game. Like I said, I have minimal to do with it. You all have to participate and play the game pretty much solely on BS detection. I can send roles now with current roster and have it be night till 8 am. Day cycles would be 12 hours so end 8 pm eastern.
i dont mind.

In fact, you know what? I am sick of trying to get everyone on the same schedule. Roles going out now. If you have a protest or need to drop out, I would still like a list of understudies. Feel free to PM me should any observers wish to qualify as a replacement if needed. Extended Day cycle to start when all roles have been completed and game opening post is well, posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
GAME THREAD

Welcome one and all to Frost Bite Falls, MN!! The adventures begin with our heroes, Rocket J. Squirrel and Bullwinkle J. Moose, in their home with Bullwinkle baking a cake using his Grandma Moose's
recipe. Little does he know just how important this attempt at culinary art would be!!! A blast to the moon and back garnered the attentions of the world, from the evil lurking in the shadows to the craters of the supposedly dead rock orbiting the earth and beyond! This of course is the setting for our story as the ensuing tale shall follow the battle for this new rocket fuel recipe!!

Rules will be strictly enforced. They include
1. No PMs, except for wolves, who can PM during night cycle only.
2. Game chat shall only occur during day cycle, ending at 8PM deadline each day, and opening as soon as I have posted night results.
3. No chatter from the dead
4. No editing/deleting posts
5. No PM quotes/screen shots for any reason
6. It would be most excellent if everyone participates as to ensure a quality and truly entertaining and complex who dun it murder mystery.

Please direct any questions to me via PM only.

Format is as promised: 13 players: 3 Mafia, 9 vanilla villager, and 1 cop

Cop has been given a sneak at 1 player prior to game play.

The adventure begins with an extended day cycle which will end in a Lynch at 8PM EST tomorrow. Votes after this time will not be allowed nor will any more posts. After that, cycles will be regularly scheduled with night actions due by 8am and lynch votes due by 8pm every day. All times eastern.

1. @DocEspana
2. @Jilary
3. @dyachei
4. @StartingoverVet
5. @LetItSnow
6. @WildZoo
7. @touchpause13
8. @Mad Jack
9. @kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12. @Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man

lynch SOV
really? Sour grapes from last game?

We can't quote from PMs if I read the rules correctly but I paraphrase from my role PM and add comments below. :
*I am the Moon Man Gidney, a vanilla villager. WTF is a Gidney?
* Me and my green partner, Cloyd, keep the moon safe ....whatever that means.
*We lend a hand to Rocky and Bullwinkle when we can. whatever that means.
*I am the good looking one with a snazzy mustache that is the envy of all. Well, I don't have a snazzy mustache but i am the envy of all.

lynch cyndia.

cause random choice to hear what she has to say

really? Sour grapes from last game?

We can't quote from PMs if I read the rules correctly but I paraphrase from my role PM and add comments below. :
*I am the Moon Man Gidney, a vanilla villager. WTF is a Gidney?
* Me and my green partner, Cloyd, keep the moon safe ....whatever that means.
*We lend a hand to Rocky and Bullwinkle when we can. whatever that means.
*I am the good looking one with a snazzy mustache that is the envy of all. Well, I don't have a snazzy mustache but i am the envy of all.

lynch cyndia.

no, but way to assume. I just randomly picked.

lynch madjack

It is something I'm going to think over for a while.... but in my mind this is where I want to go with this. We should target the person with the least experience in older games. Older games did rely more on the subtlety of conversation. Even though almost no one here remembers games that only had a handful of roles, they definitely have become prohibitively complex in the last 12 months or so. This is going to be a simple game and if I have to make a decision based only on who I want in my corner, its gonna be the people with the most experience, especially with very old games.

Yea there are others with close to similar levels of experience. I admit. But MJ tends to be... shall we say... a bit of a complicated schemer. Might distract us from a wolf with his ideas if hes a villager. And might just be so wacko as a wolf that we hesitate to pull the trigger on him when we should. I love me some mad jack, but right now he is the weakest link in my mind.

But I'm going to think this over for almost a full day.

****lynch FFM*****

Lynch dyachei

This game is a bit different from what we are used to in that it starts out with a villager lynch. Completely blind (not that we get a ton of info at all this game), and without much to work on. The old school games started this way. Well what do you do in this situation? you talk. Talk merits.

I see no one has yet. Which is fine. we have almost a full day left to do so. But Im gonna start by saying, for all that I do not trust the cyborg... if all things are equal (and they arent. but lets make believe), she is someone I want around. She knows how to smell the BS. She may end up being a wolf, but I think taking her out first is a mistake. She can actually engage people in conversaton and suss out little details and inconsistencies pretty well. She can use her brain (something I only pretend to do), and for that she deserves a few rounds to prove her worth.

Its obviously a crap shoot, but I'd say dont blindly shoot her way, if my opinion matters at all to you.

This game is a bit different from what we are used to in that it starts out with a villager lynch. Completely blind (not that we get a ton of info at all this game), and without much to work on. The old school games started this way. Well what do you do in this situation? you talk. Talk merits.

I see no one has yet. Which is fine. we have almost a full day left to do so. But Im gonna start by saying, for all that I do not trust the cyborg... if all things are equal (and they arent. but lets make believe), she is someone I want around. She knows how to smell the BS. She may end up being a wolf, but I think taking her out first is a mistake. She can actually engage people in conversaton and suss out little details and inconsistencies pretty well. She can use her brain (something I only pretend to do), and for that she deserves a few rounds to prove her worth.

Its obviously a crap shoot, but I'd say dont blindly shoot her way, if my opinion matters at all to you.
i...I'm speechless...

This is gonna be a weird ****ing game isn't it.

I'm going back and forth about how difficult this will be. On one hand I'm familiar with everyone's play style and there's going to be less n00b bull****, on the other hand we aren't trying to figure out the puzzle of mechanics, we are trying to figure out each other. Very curious indeed.

Oops, forgot to bold that lynch TP

And since I think getting the talking going now will be best for ferreting out wolves - I'll rise to your request, SOV. I'm Mr. Peabody, and I was specified to be a doggy genius and vanilla villager (colored in green). My role PM also had a few sentences explaining my backstory, although pretty sure that was all just creative license. It mentioned that I traveled around with Sherman in the Way Back Machine and that I help make sure history happens as it should.

Vote

MJ (3)- Doc, dy, kdubs
Cyndia (1)- SOV
kdubs (1)- jilary
FFM (1)- TP
Chillbo (1)- FFM
jilary (1)- DVMD
DVMD (1)- WZ
TP (1)- Cyndia

no vote: Mad Jack, chillbo baggins, LetitSnow

Deadline 8PM EST

I would be careful about having too many people reveal their roles specifically too early without strong reason to. Makes it too easy for the mafia to ferret out who the cop is based on process of elimination. We should all be providing cover for the cop as long as we can, in the hopes that they won't get killed early. Just my two cents.

I would be careful about having too many people reveal their roles specifically too early without strong reason to. Makes it too easy for the mafia to ferret out who the cop is based on process of elimination. We should all be providing cover for the cop as long as we can, in the hopes that they won't get killed early. Just my two cents.

That's true, but unless it's a role that seems obviously cop-ish, I'd assume they would just lie and claim vanilla villager as well. It's not like there are any other roles to protect in this game - and so I think it's good that they get some idea of who they can trust if they need to reach out to disseminate information if they happen to find a wolf. Not to mention I think they'll get a better idea of whom to try to investigate as well if there is a lot of chatter on the thread.

That's true, but unless it's a role that seems obviously cop-ish, I'd assume they would just lie and claim vanilla villager as well. It's not like there are any other roles to protect in this game - and so I think it's good that they get some idea of who they can trust if they need to reach out to disseminate information if they happen to find a wolf. Not to mention I think they'll get a better idea of whom to try to investigate as well if there is a lot of chatter on the thread.

They can't "reach out" to anyone. There is no PMing this game.

In games like this, I would expect the cop role to be just as obvious as the mafia roles.