Rank your In-State Medical Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. UF
2. UM
3. USF
4. UCF
5. FAU
6. FSU
7. FIU

(Don’t know much about DO schools)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting selection. Agree with most of the order but would place San Antonio above Galveston and Dell below SA.

Baylor
UTSW
Houston
San Antonio
Dell
Galveston
... agreed on the remaining schools ...

Curious as to why Dell on same par with Houston and both (including Galveston) ahead of San Antonio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of it is that it’s not a particularly ‘popular’ school (in my experience, Galveston is better-known), their research funding is far below UTMB - which is either close to or barely exceeds McGovern, I forget -, UTMB has significantly higher board scores (10ish points(?) higher), and they have an awesome BSL4 lab in which some of the medical school faculty works (hinting at world-class faculty).

It’s also worth remembering that, before Galveston stopped allowing USNWR to rank them, they were basically tied with McGovern (~#50). I believe that figure is from...2012ish? I can dig it up if you’d like!

Edit: I've also realized that I forgot to answer about Dell. Dell, even though it's a new school, has a tremendous reputation and is affiliated with a powerhouse, highly ranked undergraduate university (which comes with ridiculous resources and a reputable name to go with it). Regardless of their not having any graduates yet, the caliber of students they have been attracting - and will continue to attract - is far exceeding many other schools and is likely to continue doing so. Logically, within a couple decades, I see them being a contender for the top spot in the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
What made you rank MSU over Wayne? I don't know enough to decide which are better but I've heard many storied of people picking MSUCOM over MSU CHM. Also a few stories about MSUCOM over CMU. I always thought Wayne was a pretty well established school.

You're right in my opinion, but unfortunately Wayne just doesn't have the extra oomph like UMich to pull away from the pack. Here are my rankings for MI medical schools with my feelings. I hope this helps any OOS interested in MI schools.

Tier 1
1. UMich -National reputation, Patients travel from all over the state to have their care solved. Very academic center with high research output and Ann Arbor's a nice city too.
Tier 2a
2. Wayne State SOM - Great ties to Henry Ford/DMC/Karmanos/Childrens/Kresge., and its Detroit location means the clinical experience and service opportunities are unparalleled. It's also very well established. The school's investing a tremendous amount in student education coming off LCME probation. If you want to do EM or Peds, Wayne is a millions times better than any non-UMich place.

3. OUWB- Impressive early match list, but that will be somewhat skewed off of merit (full rides for the 1st class affords a competitive class with a decent match list). The school still puts out a match list that equals WSUSOM's and I would consider the school more or less equal and Beaumont Hospital is one of the nation's largest medicare billers with a great statewide reputation. What hurts it slightly is the predominantly suburban population, newer rep, and private tuition. WSUSOM v. OUWB is splitting hairs. I'd have been happy to attend both.

Tier 2b
4. MSUCHM- This school has no ties to any reputable hospitals in the state. Its clinical sites are spread all across Michigan from places like the Medical Mile in Grand Rapids to Saginaw/UP. It's still a solid MD school with good IS tuition and a decent match list, but its research rank is definitely not up there compared to the three schools above. Also, the notion that this school will be great in the future is baseless. It's a Big 10 school that's been around for a while and it has 2 medical schools and a vet school and it is not focused on as much on medical science as it is other areas like education, environmental science, and supply-chain.
5. Western SOM- A pleasant surprise on this list. With the results of its match lists out and given its decent clinical infrastructure that didn't need to be built from the ground up, this school has transitioned to a new to respectable MD school in almost as well as OUWB. Similar to MSUCHM with the only difference being establishment.
MSUCHM has been around for a while but really hasn’t done much with research.

Tier 3
6. Central Michigan University College of Medicine (still MD): Tends to have the significantly lower admissions standards, most clinical sites are new and not in the most well-known places. The match list wasn't bad, but still definitely a bit below the rest.
Tier 4
7. MSUCOM- DO school, enough said. I don't care what people say about the vast connections (which is true) or the fact that its the "best" DO school based off a survey that looks at the # of students who do Primary Care. I also know where this whole MSU DO > MD notion started and its based off one person saying something at an event that people latched onto. The overwhelming disparity in match lists b/n COM and the rest can't be ignored. You might be fine if you want to do EM which is becoming an increasingly friendly DO field, but if you're interesting in Derm, Academic IM or Surgical fields, I would recommend going anywhere in the country that will grant you an MD over the best DO school, sadly. Even if the merger helps, it will take time to take effect. In addition, there's a large part of the curriculum dedicated to unnecessary OMM, a separate board exam you have to take, and a separate match process (the merger will get rid of this, but that only means that MDs will start flowing into the DO programs too). DO students act like once the merger

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got exact same order. This would be including the other schools on reputation IMO:

1. Baylor
2. Utsw
3. Dell
4. McGovern
5. Utmb
6. Uthsa
7. Lubbock
8. El Paso
9. A&M
10. TCOM
11. Utrgv
12. Uiw

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This is how I think as well for Texas! This exact order. But I'm teetering on switching El Paso and A&M just for my own personal reasons.

This is how I think as well for Texas! This exact order. But I'm teetering on switching El Paso and A&M just for my own personal reasons.

Curious - why is Dell being ranked so high? There are factors that would absolutely lend to it being more highly ranked, but since it is so new, it’s hard to reason why, for me any way.

Part of it is that it’s not a particularly ‘popular’ school (in my experience, Galveston is better-known), their research funding is far below UTMB - which is either close to or barely exceeds McGovern, I forget -, UTMB has significantly higher board scores (10ish points(?) higher), and they have an awesome BSL4 lab in which some of the medical school faculty works (hinting at world-class faculty).

It’s also worth remembering that, before Galveston stopped allowing USNWR to rank them, they were basically tied with McGovern (~#50). I believe that figure is from...2012ish? I can dig it up if you’d like!

Edit: I've also realized that I forgot to answer about Dell. Dell, even though it's a new school, has a tremendous reputation and is affiliated with a powerhouse, highly ranked undergraduate university (which comes with ridiculous resources and a reputable name to go with it). Regardless of their not having any graduates yet, the caliber of students they have been attracting - and will continue to attract - is far exceeding many other schools and is likely to continue doing so. Logically, within a couple decades, I see them being a contender for the top spot in the state.

Thanks for replying. This is fantastic information. Agreed with your thoughts on Dell and see it taking the thrown in years to come.

You're right in my opinion, but unfortunately Wayne just doesn't have the extra oomph like UMich to pull away from the pack. Here are my rankings for MI medical schools with my feelings as someone going thru the residency match now with friends Arbor other schools. I hope this helps any OOS interested in MI schools.

Tier 1
1. UMich -National reputation, Patients travel from all over the state to have their cases solved. Very academic center with high research output and Ann Arbor's a nice city too.
Tier 2
2. Wayne State SOM - Great ties to Henry Ford/DMC/Karmanos/Childrens, etc. and its Detroit location means the clinical experience and service opportunities are unparalleled. It's also very well established. Coming off the recent LCME probation, the school's investing a tremendous amount in student education and the difference in quality of the curriculum from M4s to M1s is night and day with the biggest changes still to be made.
3. OUWB- Impressive early match list, but that will be somewhat skewed off of merit (full rides for the 1st class affords a competitive class with a decent match list). The school still puts out a match list that equals WSUSOM's and I would consider the school more or less equal and Beaumont Hospital is one of the nation's largest medicare billers with a great statewide reputation. What hurts it slightly is the predominantly suburban population, newer rep, and private tuition. WSUSOM v. OUWB is splitting hairs. I'd have been happy to attend both.
4. MSUCHM- This school has no ties to any reputable hospitals in the state. Its clinical sites are spread all across Michigan from places like the Medical Mile in Grand Rapids to Saginaw/UP. It's still a solid MD school with good IS tuition and a decent match list, but its research rank is definitely not up there compared to the three schools above. Also, the notion that this school will be great in the future is baseless. It's a Big 10 school that's been around for a while and it has 2 medical schools and a vet school and it is not focused on as much on medical science as it is other areas like education, environmental science, and supply-chain.
5. Western SOM- A pleasant surprise on this list. With the results of its match lists out and given its decent clinical infrastructure that didn't need to be built from the ground up, this school has transitioned to a new to respectable MD school in almost as well as OUWB. Similar to MSUCHM with the only difference being establishment.
Tier 3
6. Central Michigan University College of Medicine (still MD): Tends to have the lower admissions standards, most clinical sites are new and not in the most well-known places. The match list wasn't bad, but still definitely a bit below the rest.
7. MSUCOM- DO school, enough said. I don't care what people say about the vast connections (which is true) or the fact that its the "best" DO school based off a survey that looks at the # of students who do Primary Care. I also know where this whole MSU DO > MD notion started and its based off one person saying something at an event that people latched onto. The overwhelming disparity in match lists b/n COM and the rest can't be ignored. You might be fine if you want to do EM which is becoming an increasingly friendly DO field, but if you're interesting in Derm, Academic IM or Surgical fields, I would recommend going anywhere in the country that will grant you an MD over the best DO school, sadly. Even if the merger helps, it will take time to take effect. In addition, there's a large part of the curriculum dedicated to unnecessary OMM, a separate board exam you have to take, and a separate match process (the merger will get rid of this, but that only means that MDs will start flowing into the DO programs too)

Also for you non-Michiganders the UP means the Upper Peninsula.

Last edited:
New York
1. Columbia
2. Weill Cornell
3. NYU
4. Sinai
5-6. Rochester and Einstein (tie)
7. Hofstra
8. Buffalo
9-10. Downstate and Stony Brook
11. Upstate
12-13. NYMC and Albany (tie)
14. NYCOM
15. TouroCOM

I'm stateless at the moment, but let's just pretend I'm still a PA resident:

1. Penn. Not much nuance here, it's a great school with a fresh approach to medicine in a great location.

2. Pitt. Very good school, hamstrung by being in the inferior Pennsylvania city (Yinzers, come at me).

3. Jefferson. Of all the Philadelphia schools, Jeff has the nicest location. Seriously gorgeous neighborhood, very yuppie-ish if that's your thing. I also think the PhillyU-Jefferson merger is going to be very good for the school.

4. Temple.
Again, I like Philadelphia. Temple is in North Philly, which is rough, no question about it, but also really needs doctors, and if Emergency Medicine interests you, you're going to see everything here.

5. Drexel.
Of the Philly MDs, this is the newest and least established, and it suffers from having teaching hospitals/rotation sites scattered all over the city. Still, it leads the nation's MD schools in applications for a reason.

6. Penn State.
Expensive for a state school, and low yield. California folks complain, but Pennsylvania folks have it just as bad. In the middle of nowhere. Association with Joe Paterno, even indirectly, is not a good thing.

7. Geisinger Commonweath.
Unreasonably high tuition offsets low CoL. In Scranton.

8. PCOM.
The better of the two DO options in PA. Its location is nice, if a bit out of the way (by Philly standards at least). The one caveat is that Philly proper has five medical schools — seven if you count Cooper MD and DO, which are in Greater Philadelphia — and thus there is a bit of crowding.

9. LECOM.
Unquestionably second in reputation to PCOM. Enormous class size, but it is located in Erie so a huge class size might actually be advantageous in this case. Take Rochester, NY, shrink it by half, take away what economic engine it has, and you've got yourself Erie, PA. Decent if you are interested in rural medicine, but if not, not.

Reactions: 2 users
1. Ohio state
2. Case Western
3. Cinci
4. Toledo
5. Wright State
6. OU (DO)
7. NEOMED

Last edited:
What makes you rank Jefferson over Temple other than location? Just curious

Not much, honestly. Jefferson seems to have a slightly better reputation for specialized care in the Philadelphia area, whereas Temple has a reputation for being Trauma 101, but they're very comparable schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. CCLCM
2. Case Western
3. Ohio State
4. Cinci
5a. Toledo
5b. Wright State
5c. NEOMED
8. OUHCOM

Rhode Island:

1) Brown
2) Youtube

(There were some grumblings about a 'Rhode Island College of Osteopathic Medicine' but lmao, no, just no)

1. CCLCM (free tuition, awesome school)
2. CWRU (awesome curriculum, pretty well known)
3. OSU (great campus, not as good curriculum as case)
4. Cincinnati (awesome children's hospital)
5. Toledo (decent, don't know much about though)
6. Wright State (primary care focus)
7. Neomed (mainly low because they accept so many from feeder programs that it's limited for others)
8. OU (don't know much about, but generally DO not as favored)

You're right in my opinion, but unfortunately Wayne just doesn't have the extra oomph like UMich to pull away from the pack. Here are my rankings for MI medical schools with my feelings. I hope this helps any OOS interested in MI schools.

Tier 1
1. UMich -National reputation, Patients travel from all over the state to have their care solved. Very academic center with high research output and Ann Arbor's a nice city too.
Tier 2a
2. Wayne State SOM - Great ties to Henry Ford/DMC/Karmanos/Childrens, etc. and its Detroit location means the clinical experience and service opportunities are unparalleled. It's also very well established. The school's investing a tremendous amount in student education coming off LCME probation.
Tier 2b
Tier 3
6. Central Michigan University College of Medicine (still MD): Tends to have the lower admissions standards, most clinical sites are new and not in the most well-known places. The match list wasn't bad, but still definitely a bit below the rest.
Tier 4
7. MSUCOM- DO school, enough said. I don't care what people say about the vast connections (which is true) or the fact that its the "best" DO school based off a survey that looks at the # of students who do Primary Care. I also know where this whole MSU DO > MD notion started and its based off one person saying something at an event that people latched onto. The overwhelming disparity in match lists b/n COM and the rest can't be ignored. You might be fine if you want to do EM which is becoming an increasingly friendly DO field, but if you're interesting in Derm, Academic IM or Surgical fields, I would recommend going anywhere in the country that will grant you an MD over the best DO school, sadly. Even if the merger helps, it will take time to take effect. In addition, there's a large part of the curriculum dedicated to unnecessary OMM, a separate board exam you have to take, and a separate match process (the merger will get rid of this, but that only means that MDs will start flowing into the DO programs too). DO students act like once the merger

This post must be the handiwork of a University of Michigan alumnus. The notion that no reputable hospitals in the state are tied to MSU is patently absurd. The Spectrum hospitals, including the Devos Children's hospital, in Grand Rapids are the primary clinical sites for MSU students. US News ranks the Spectrum Hospitals third in the State of Michigan.
https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/mi/spectrum-health-6440021
These training sites in Grand Rapids are the principal reason that MSU moved its medical school to Grand Rapids.

This post must be the handiwork of a University of Michigan alumnus. The notion that no reputable hospitals in the state are tied to MSU is patently absurd. The Spectrum hospitals, including the Devos Children's hospital, in Grand Rapids are the primary clinical sites for MSU students. US News ranks the Spectrum Hospitals third in the State of Michigan.
https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/mi/spectrum-health-6440021
These training sites in Grand Rapids are the principal reason that MSU moved its medical school to Grand Rapids.

MSUCHM has lower admissions standards than those above it based on MSAR, only half the students rotate in Grand Rapids, the other half are in Lansing and go to Sparrow as MSU has two main campuses with a lottery system. Meanwhile WSUSOM have students rotating at HF/DMC as primary sites both nationally ranked in multiple specialties. The patients who are in Detroit are some of the nation's most underserved and Beaumont is starting to gain a national reputation in many major specialties and is one of the nation's largest medicare billers (if anything, they're on the rise). Name me any MSU residency program in any field that's more reputable than the three programs above it whether it's in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine, etc. etc. Look at the match lists of the three programs above Michigan State. I guess look at US News rankings for the medical schools and MSUCHM's ranked below most of them too.

Last edited:
Anyone please feel free to respond to this question. I have not much experience with school ranks and basically just follow what's widely available online. It seems the consensus on PA on SDN is as such:

UPenn
Pitt
Jeff/Temple
Drexel/Penn State (some people have one above the other, others rank them as tied - really this is irrelevant to the question overall)
GCSOM
PCOM
LECOM

Finally, my question: what are the general thoughts on GCSOM (TCMC) moving up in rank since being purchased by Geisinger? This now allows the school an (relatively large) affiliated hospital system which I figured would vastly improve (or maintain) clinical year experiences. Anyway, thoughts? Soon to be GCSOM student. I don't really care about rank, mostly just curious!

Thanks!

1. CCLCM (free tuition, awesome school)
2. CWRU (awesome curriculum, pretty well known)
3. OSU (great campus, not as good curriculum as case)
4. Cincinnati (awesome children's hospital)
5. Toledo (decent, don't know much about though)
6. Wright State (primary care focus)
7. Neomed (mainly low because they accept so many from feeder programs that it's limited for others)
8. OU (don't know much about, but generally DO not as favored)
I put OSU higher than Case cuz the tuition is 1/2 and you get to be in cbus instead of cle and they both have similar rank and huge hospital systems.

EDIT: OSU also has Wendys, Panera, and Cheryls cookies in the hospital which is right next to the med school.

Last edited:
I put OSU higher than Case cuz the tuition is 1/2 and you get to be in cbus instead of cle and they both have similar rank and huge hospital systems.

I agree about the price. If it came down to both I'd go with the cheaper one. But if both were the same price (case gives some decent amounts of scholarships that can bring the price way down, but not everyone gets them) I'd choose case. OSU is definitely a nicer campus but I've heard nothing but amazing things about cases curriculum. I've spoken to a few med students there who all love it, especially because they still have a good amount of time for a life other than just classes and studying. I don't know as much too about OSU's though so it might be just as good, but from what I've seen online it didn't appeal to me as much. I haven't spoken to actual med students there so not sure if that would change my opinion.

I agree about the price. If it came down to both I'd go with the cheaper one. But if both were the same price (case gives some decent amounts of scholarships that can bring the price way down, but not everyone gets them) I'd choose case. OSU is definitely a nicer campus but I've heard nothing but amazing things about cases curriculum. I've spoken to a few med students there who all love it, especially because they still have a good amount of time for a life other than just classes and studying. I don't know as much too about OSU's though so it might be just as good, but from what I've seen online it didn't appeal to me as much. I haven't spoken to actual med students there so not sure if that would change my opinion.
Ive heard good things about the curriculum (my mentor was the assistant dean of curriculum and just went to UCSF so he did a really good job) but Ive heard mixed things about the students being pretty competitive. My friend said his class is chill and low key but the class under him is (gunner^2)x132.

I'm stateless at the moment, but let's just pretend I'm still a PA resident:

1. Penn. Not much nuance here, it's a great school with a fresh approach to medicine in a great location.
2. Pitt. Very good school, hamstrung by being in the inferior Pennsylvania city (Yinzers, come at me).
3. Jefferson. Of all the Philadelphia schools, Jeff has the nicest location. Seriously gorgeous neighborhood, very yuppie-ish if that's your thing. I also think the PhillyU-Jefferson merger is going to be very good for the school.
4. Temple. Again, I like Philadelphia. Temple is in North Philly, which is rough, no question about it, but also really needs doctors, and if Emergency Medicine interests you, you're going to see everything here.
5. Drexel. Of the Philly MDs, this is the newest and least established, and it suffers from having teaching hospitals/rotation sites scattered all over the city. Still, it leads the nation's MD schools in applications for a reason.
6. Penn State. Expensive for a state school, and low yield. California folks complain, but Pennsylvania folks have it just as bad. In the middle of nowhere. Association with Joe Paterno, even indirectly, is not a good thing.
7. Geisinger Commonweath. Unreasonably high tuition offsets low CoL. In Scranton.
8. PCOM. The better of the two DO options in PA. Its location is nice, if a bit out of the way (by Philly standards at least). The one caveat is that Philly proper has five medical schools — seven if you count Cooper MD and DO, which are in Greater Philadelphia — and thus there is a bit of crowding.
9. LECOM. Unquestionably second in reputation to PCOM. Enormous class size, but it is located in Erie so a huge class size might actually be advantageous in this case. Take Rochester, NY, shrink it by half, take away what economic engine it has, and you've got yourself Erie, PA. Decent if you are interested in rural medicine, but if not, not.

A fine list - at least from 1 to 5. I have no idea from 6 to 9. Hershey doesn't sound too exciting, though. I've been to Temple area several times - okay-ish place, but can't beat the vibe of centre city. Location alone would be enough to place Jeff over Temple.

Ive heard good things about the curriculum (my mentor was the assistant dean of curriculum and just went to UCSF so he did a really good job) but Ive heard mixed things about the students being pretty competitive. My friend said his class is chill and low key but the class under him is (gunner^2)x132.

Yeah I'm all for trying hard but when it gets to the point of where people are just doing whatever they can to be above everyone else I think it'll make for a crappy learning environment. I guess you can get a feel for all that at interviews and second look dates and all that though.

Yeah I'm all for trying hard but when it gets to the point of where people are just doing whatever they can to be above everyone else I think it'll make for a crappy learning environment. I guess you can get a feel for all that at interviews and second look dates and all that though.
Also OSU has a ranking system by quartile and has a kinda F/P/HP/H system which is kinda a turnoff.

MSUCHM has lower admissions standards than those above it based on MSAR, only half the students rotate in Grand Rapids, the other half are in Lansing and go to Sparrow as MSU has two main campuses with a lottery system. Meanwhile WSUSOM have students rotating at HF/DMC as primary sites both nationally ranked in multiple specialties. The patients who are in Detroit are some of the nation's most underserved and Beaumont is starting to gain a national reputation in many major specialties and is one of the nation's largest medicare billers (if anything, they're on the rise). Name me any MSU residency program in any field that's more reputable than the three programs above it whether it's in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine, etc. etc. Look at the match lists of the three programs above Michigan State. I guess look at US News rankings for the medical schools and MSUCHM's ranked below most of them too.

I challenged your prior post which stated that no reputable hospital had ties to Michigan State CHM. You didn't support your argument because you can't. Now you bring up admission standards.
Why don't you bring up the fact that the DMC has been an absolutely filthy hospital for years?
Detroit Medical Center submits corrective action plan on sterile surgical problems
Why don't you mention that Wayne's medical school was placed on probation?
Wayne State medical school probation lifted, but program placed on 'warning' status

You must have a Mark Dantonio voodoo doll at home. Are you running out of pins?

I challenged your prior post which stated that no reputable hospital had ties to Michigan State CHM. You didn't support your argument because you can't. Now you bring up admission standards.
Why don't you bring up the fact that the DMC has been an absolutely filthy hospital for years?
Detroit Medical Center submits corrective action plan on sterile surgical problems
Why don't you mention that Wayne's medical school was placed on probation?
Wayne State medical school probation lifted, but program placed on 'warning' status

You must have a Mark Dantonio voodoo doll at home. Are you running out of pins?

#1.) Wayne was on probation because the basic science program is slow to change given its long legacy and size in addition to a few other things which were quickly fixed. Regardless, it doesn't change the basic science education which is very rigorous.
#2) Classy move calling a safety net hospital filthy there. Regardless, this does not impact the quality of training of a center, we're all taught to use sterile technique.
#3) Regarding reputable hospitals, ok, cool you have a hospital that's high performing in fields but if you're in Western Michigan and looking for a referral center you're either going to go to Ann Arbor or Chicago, not Spectrum Health

Lastly, your jest could be further from the truth. Mark Dantonio is an idol of mine and an embodiment of how to act in public and prepare for challenges and I have watched every single Michigan State game since '10 as an alumni now. I am very proud of the university, but it is just not a significant player in the medical field. It's probably the weakest medical school in the B1G 10 academic alliance. I actually had the decision to make about Wayne State and MSUCHM and it would have been so easy choosing the latter because of familiarity, but the difference was large enough.

Last edited:
Anyone please feel free to respond to this question. I have not much experience with school ranks and basically just follow what's widely available online. It seems the consensus on PA on SDN is as such:

UPenn
Pitt
Jeff/Temple
Drexel/Penn State (some people have one above the other, others rank them as tied - really this is irrelevant to the question overall)
GCSOM
PCOM
LECOM

Finally, my question: what are the general thoughts on GCSOM (TCMC) moving up in rank since being purchased by Geisinger? This now allows the school an (relatively large) affiliated hospital system which I figured would vastly improve (or maintain) clinical year experiences. Anyway, thoughts? Soon to be GCSOM student. I don't really care about rank, mostly just curious!

Thanks!

UPenn
Pitt
Jeff>=Temple (they're both comprehensive centers, but Temple is known for trauma/acuity while Jefferson is known more for specialty stuff...so if you wanted to do Emergency Medicine or IM --> PCCM you may want to go to Temple so that's effectively your home program come application time).
Drexel=Penn State = Geisinger
LECOM (very strong showing on the residency trail, not sure if it's due to the # of people there or what...keep hearing their name along with TCOM, MSUCOM, etc).
PCOM

UPenn
Pitt
Jeff>=Temple (they're both comprehensive centers, but Temple is known for trauma/acuity while Jefferson is known more for specialty stuff...so if you wanted to do Emergency Medicine or IM --> PCCM you may want to go to Temple so that's effectively your home program come application time).
Drexel=Penn State = Geisinger
LECOM (very strong showing on the residency trail, not sure if it's due to the # of people there or what...keep hearing their name along with TCOM, MSUCOM, etc).
PCOM

Thank you!

Only thing I don't like about LECOM is the fact that I've spoken to numerous students who seem to despise their education there. LECOM may have a promising match list but I think student opinion is really important and I haven't really had the opportunity to speak with anyone who genuinely liked LECOM as an institution, of course, other than their match list.

Florida:

UF=UM
USF
UCF=FAU=FIU
FSU
Nova MD
Nova DO
LECOM-B

Are you talking about CWRU or OSU here?
And in regards to your other post, OSU is pass/fail now although I think they do still internally rank. At least that’s what I was told on my interview day.

Are you talking about CWRU or OSU here?
And in regards to your other post, OSU is pass/fail now although I think they do still internally rank. At least that’s what I was told on my interview day.

They're talking about OSU. And yes they do still rank according to the msar. Although the msar also says they still have honors/pass/fail or something like that as well.

UVa
EVMS
VCU
VT

EVMS>VCU bc higher average step and better standardized patient experience. Though I can see the argument of a more diverse patient experience at VCU bc it’s in a city. Maybe VCU=EVMS.

Wyoming...

20 spots at U of Washington. Luckily there are only 90 applicants per year. More cows than people I guess.

UMich
MSUCHM
OUWB
Wayne
WMU
CMU
MSUCOM

Personal preference and I'm not a fan of huge class sizes, lol

0/Undefined because there is not a single MD or DO program in my state of residency:/ This is something that needs to change. Alaska needs a medical school.

Yeah, this thread just kinda made me realize that the West doesn’t have a lot of allopathic love

0/Undefined because there is not a single MD or DO program in my state of residency:/ This is something that needs to change. Alaska needs a medical school.

I'll bet you whichever school you get accepted to will be your number 1. Rankings are stupid especially the ones compiled on SDN.

I'll bet you whichever school you get accepted to will be your number 1. Rankings are stupid especially the ones compiled on SDN.

Not always.

n=1.

Got into #1 and #2. Although #1 gave me a scholarship and I loved everything about it, I had familial reasons why I choose to attend #2.

Yeah I mostly agree with that. I think Texas is moreso in tiers because we have a large amount of schools (leading to equivalency). The hardest ones to rank are UTHSCSA and UTMB and they could probably jump up and down between tiers for certain reasons.

Tier 1: UTSW, Baylor
Tier 2: McGovern, Dell, UTMB
Tier 3: UTHSCSA, A&M, TTUHSC-Lubbock, TTUHSC-El Paso
Tier 4: UTRGV
Tier 5: TCOM (DO)
Tier 6: UIW (DO)

Minnesota:

1) Mayo
2) University of MN Twin Cities
3) University of MN Duluth
4) Minnesota College of Osteopathic Medicine