RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GRRR! F***ing roommates show up at 3 am with a bunch of people I've never met and kick me out of the living room where I've been trying to pack for move-out for the past 3 hours and then turn the living room into a party zone, blaring music and all.I thought at least if i wasn't going to be able to continue packing I could get some sleep... guess not:boom:

GRRR! F***ing roommates show up at 3 am with a bunch of people I've never met and kick me out of the living room where I've been trying to pack for move-out for the past 3 hours and then turn the living room into a party zone, blaring music and all.I thought at least if i wasn't going to be able to continue packing I could get some sleep... guess not:boom:

That really sucks!

On another note, I feel nervous and sick. I am scarred to find out about my cat's kidney failure. I am hoping/wishing/praying for the best, but I am just so nervous to see where she is at.

Members don't see this ad :)
I meant to add that your tattoo came up in my search. I clicked on it and it brought me to this thread and a post you made about stepping on an ant hill. You took a pic of your feet.

Somehow totally missed you put this up. That is really special. It is also special I took I pic of my feet...

Orgo. II was the only class in my undergraduate career that I tanked.

It's f*cking Wizard Math, as far as I'm concerned.

Right? Freakin orgo. It took me three tries (with extenuating circumstances, but really) to get through orgo II. I ended up taking it as a 6 week summer course and dropped my hours to part time so I had enough time to study. And that is ALL I did. I hated that class.

I hated orgo as well, but I surprisingly understood it. Well, that is with vast amounts of insane studying, going to a group held by the TA twice a week who would walk through everything and basically not having a life outside of orgo for 2 semesters. I managed to pull B's in both classes. I was so mad with orgo II, I worked my ass off to get an A, I walked into the final with a 95% in the class and the ACS standardized orgo final kicked my butt and dropped my grade to a B. :(

I was hoping to show the adcoms that I could get at least one A in a chem course, but it was not to be.

I wouldn't worry about the C. I had all A's and B's the first 2 years I applied to vet school and then all A's, B's, one C and a W this last year and was accepted this year.

The only reason I did well in Orgo II was my insanely hot professor. I never missed a class thanks to his insanely good looks. Plus, he was a really great professor! ;)

Just wanted to update about bengal kitten. I posted about her in starwars WW, but in case anyone is curious who isn't following that thread...
Re-looked at her x-rays with another vet today, somehow we missed that her heart is pretty significantly enlarged. Like twice the size it should be large. So she has a 3/6 heart murmur, probably all due to some sort of defect. And this is probably in addition to her pneumonia. We're not sure now if her difficulty breathing is because of the heart or pneumonia, but she seems to be feeling better on antibiotics so there's that. Prognosis is definitely not good with a heart so enlarged by 6 weeks. We're thinking probably a month. Likely less if this isn't pneumonia causing the breathing problems. So sad that this is finally a kitten I decide to keep and this is what happens. The vet that took her at the very beginning says she'll take her so I can detach and don't have to deal with it. But I think I'm just going to keep her until she either dies (please dear god just drop dead) or have to euthanize her. It's probably going to kill me, but I love her and want her to be happy for whatever time she has left.

Just wanted to update about bengal kitten. I posted about her in starwars WW, but in case anyone is curious who isn't following that thread...
Re-looked at her x-rays with another vet today, somehow we missed that her heart is pretty significantly enlarged. Like twice the size it should be large. So she has a 3/6 heart murmur, probably all due to some sort of defect. And this is probably in addition to her pneumonia. We're not sure now if her difficulty breathing is because of the heart or pneumonia, but she seems to be feeling better on antibiotics so there's that. Prognosis is definitely not good with a heart so enlarged by 6 weeks. We're thinking probably a month. Likely less if this isn't pneumonia causing the breathing problems. So sad that this is finally a kitten I decide to keep and this is what happens. The vet that took her at the very beginning says she'll take her so I can detach and don't have to deal with it. But I think I'm just going to keep her until she either dies (please dear god just drop dead) or have to euthanize her. It's probably going to kill me, but I love her and want her to be happy for whatever time she has left.
I'm so sorry wildcatj :( so devastating to hear. Cherish the time you have and snuggle the crap out of that kitty. She is so lucky to have someone as caring and as dedicated as you to be with her!! Hang in there :(

Oh no. I'm so sorry wildcatj. I agree with Katie "snuggle the crap out of that kitty." :hugs:

So sorry to hear wildcatj :(. Unless I'm meshing together stories, this is the kitten produced by a vet "breeder" right? From the litter with other kittens that died, and she still wanted you to keep this kitten unaltered so she could breed again? Were necropsies done on the other kittens? Wondering if they all might have had congenital heart defects...

Members don't see this ad :)
She is so cute, and so lucky to have you. I hope knowing you have been able to help her, helps you as well. Enjoy your time with her and spoil her rotten :love:

So sorry to hear wildcatj :(. Unless I'm meshing together stories, this is the kitten produced by a vet "breeder" right? From the litter with other kittens that died, and she still wanted you to keep this kitten unaltered so she could breed again? Were necropsies done on the other kittens? Wondering if they all might have had congenital heart defects...

Yup that's the same one. I think the other ones are still in the freezer. Might see if we can necropsy them because I would bet that is the case with them. She still has two more surviving litter mates, but apparently they are smaller than she is and she's even small for her size. I'm so mad because she is breeding these cats with apparently little regard for genetic selection (as indicated by the fact that she wants to breed my kitten that was seizuring). I don't know, the whole situation is just so crappy. I haven't talked to the vet who bred her yet, I'll be interested to see what she has to say.

Purebred cat breeders have really little excuse to be propagating genetic disorders - less so than dog breeders IMO. At least with (working...which also happen to be some of the only dogs I think should be breeding....) dogs, usually it's more of weighing the risk of disease against qualities that improve the breed's ability to do their job. With cats (and toy breeds, a whole nother can of worms ;)) it's usually just "x is a nice cat" or "x has really nice markings" and those to me are both unacceptable reasons to consider a cat with high potential for passing along inherited problems as breeding stock. Not to mention the cat registries are less stringent about maintaining a closed studbook, particularly in a breed like the Bengal where outcrosses to a line that came from a different ALC could probably basically alleviate the issue of too much inbreeding.

Purebred cat breeders have really little excuse to be propagating genetic disorders - less so than dog breeders IMO. At least with (working...which also happen to be some of the only dogs I think should be breeding....) dogs, usually it's more of weighing the risk of disease against qualities that improve the breed's ability to do their job. With cats (and toy breeds, a whole nother can of worms ;)) it's usually just "x is a nice cat" or "x has really nice markings" and those to me are both unacceptable reasons to consider a cat with high potential for passing along inherited problems as breeding stock. Not to mention the cat registries are less stringent about maintaining a closed studbook, particularly in a breed like the Bengal where outcrosses to a line that came from a different ALC could probably basically alleviate the issue of too much inbreeding.

I really think they just choose who to breed based on markings. The worst part is she's a freaking vet and breeding so many freaking cats. The joke earlier with the other vet was wait... but I can still breed her right? The damn vet asked me AGAIN on Thurs if I would breed her. I guess she forgot we already had the convo once.

Sitting at work, day 3 of wisdom teeth recovery :annoyed:, completely nauseous from pain meds and anti-biotics on a rather empty stomach since I can't eat... looking like Fat B*stard from Austin Powers,
View attachment photo.JPG

listening to my co-worker crunch on my favorite snack ever (Popcorners :love:) and talk about the steak dinner he had with his mom yesterday while I spoon-feed myself applesauce :bang:

Yikes Emiloo!

My dogs will not quit farting. It's so bad. I think they are getting me back for boarding them while we went to Vegas. It's to the point that I have had to turn on the scentsy and spray air freshener.

Emiloo, I hope you feel better soon. I also had a bad wisdom tooth removal experience. I compared my selling to a dog we had at work recently that had a severly swollen face. My face also bruised from below my jaw to just below my eyes.

Wildcat that story just keeps breaking my heart and makes me so angry about the vet. Of course I can't judge bc I'm not there, but she sounds like the gazillions of customers we have that won't spay their yorkiepoo or bulldog (like, out of all the breeds possible, why the bulldog!) bc they want to breed them.

My aunt's a dog breeder and she shut down her kennel for a while bc she found out they were carrying a congenital disease of some kind. She's the exception I feel (especially bc she keeps on sendig me medical articles. Thanks auntie!!! I haven't started yet though!!). I just wish people would stop pulling this crap though.

You are in my thoughts.

this dog i am dog sitting (slash was *volunteered* to dog sit by my sister) completely got into a dog fight with one of my sisters dog. The last time we dog sat said dog, it got in a fight with my sisters OTHER dog, who now is at my parents this time because of said incidence. They are completely going at it, and the dog is a burnese moutain dog so its a little hard for me to tear the two apart. So I walk away with a bite to the hand. It's completely swollen and blue and i am PISSED. I did not want to watch his dog in the first place because she's a total b**tch and basically terrorizes the cat the entire time she's here anyway. ARRGGHH!!!

Jeez! Was the dog bite from the Bernese Mountain dog? That's a big mouth! I hope your hand feels better. :(

Sick. Back at work. Too many sadsadsad PTS's this week. No appetite. Can't sleep. Dog is going downhill fast. Can't form sentences anymore. Burnout.

Sick. Back at work. Too many sadsadsad PTS's this week. No appetite. Can't sleep. Dog is going downhill fast. Can't form sentences anymore. Burnout.

:(:( What is the matter with your pup? I am just a wreck with my cat being in kidney failure. I am so happy she is home, though she is weary of me atm. Last night was just the best night sleep I have gotten in the past couple of night because she was next to me.

:(:( What is the matter with your pup? I am just a wreck with my cat being in kidney failure. I am so happy she is home, though she is weary of me atm. Last night was just the best night sleep I have gotten in the past couple of night because she was next to me.

Aw, I'm sorry.:( It's so hard. I wish they could live forever. Hugs.
She is 17 years old and 3-legged lame. She has severe arthritis in her front right leg, and barely uses it. She can barely walk anymore and never has an appetite. Right now, we are just feeding her whatever she wants to eat (spreadable SPAM at the moment) to give her her pain medication and for meals. It's about time, and my parents are telling me to make the decision of "when". And I just can't. I'm not ready, but I know she is. I wish we could make a family decision. I just love her- she means everything to me.:(

Aw, I'm sorry.:( It's so hard. I wish they could live forever. Hugs.
She is 17 years old and 3-legged lame. She has severe arthritis in her front right leg, and barely uses it. She can barely walk anymore and never has an appetite. Right now, we are just feeding her whatever she wants to eat (spreadable SPAM at the moment) to give her her pain medication and for meals. It's about time, and my parents are telling me to make the decision of "when". And I just can't. I'm not ready, but I know she is. I wish we could make a family decision. I just love her- she means everything to me.:(

Hugs for you. :(

Yeah, me and my family are just looking at her quality of life. Right now SQ fluids once a day and k/d diet is manageable. She is spunky (growling and hissing and putting up a fight at the vet's) and she has a big appetite. She purrs a lot and is very mobile (jumps up to the bed, etc). Making that final decision is so hard. I am the exact way as you psilo, not ready to say good bye. I love her just so much and can't not have her with me.

Gah! today just sucks!!!!

Roommates did it to me again, came back drunk off their @$$es last night, which would have been understandable and just fine (since they just graduated) if we didn't have to move out of the dorm by 12 today. I hardly got any sleep last night because I was worried they wouldn't get up in time to help with all the cleaning. Even with me staying up and them having the help of their parents and one boyfriend to help them move out we were still late! And I had to guilt them into taking out all their trash and cleaning out the fridge:mad:.

Then after we finally get completely out of the apartment I get to the new place I've been slowly moving into and find my fishy dead at the bottom of his tank:(. Poor beautiful boy, RIP. http://i.imgur.com/hOmz5.jpg

Sorry for everyone's sick babies :(

I have the hardest lumps in between my lower jaw and cheeks that are painful to the touch. Not sure what they are, but I'm praying they're just clotted blood and will absorb soon. It just freaks me out that they're hard as rocks and painful :confused:

Thought I'd share some good news about my dog since everyone else is having such bad luck. Maybe he's the start for everyone else...

Mr. Idiot Dog is finally feeling better. He has not gagged or burped in almost 36 hours. He even ran to grab a toy yesterday to play. Thank goodness. He scared the crapola out of me.

Thought I'd share some good news about my dog since everyone else is having such bad luck. Maybe he's the start for everyone else...

Mr. Idiot Dog is finally feeling better. He has not gagged or burped in almost 36 hours. He even ran to grab a toy yesterday to play. Thank goodness. He scared the crapola out of me.

That is good!!!:)

Sorry for everyone's sick babies :(

I have the hardest lumps in between my lower jaw and cheeks that are painful to the touch. Not sure what they are, but I'm praying they're just clotted blood and will absorb soon. It just freaks me out that they're hard as rocks and painful :confused:

Emiloo, I feel so bad, that is so much worse than my tongue. I am so sorry you are going through all of that.

Why are all our animals doing poorly?!

I know! It is insane! I hope your baby is doing okay.

I was amazed my cat let me give her SQ fluids by myself. I just sort of trapped her in my lap and she let me admin them.

HOOOOLY Crappers I almost just died. By gas explosion.

Here I am, working fervently locked up in my bedroom on my laptop. I sense a headache... and then I realize the smell.

So I go out of my room to the kitchen. Automatically start scanning the dials for the gas stovetop. Dial on High, no flame. Roommate nowhere in sight. Quickly turned the damn thing off. Yelled for my roommate and when she comes walking out of the office I tell her what happened. She goes "oh well that's really weird, I had it all the way on high."

"Well that puddle of water tells me whatever you had in the pot violently boiled over and took the flame out" I say. To which she answers, "oh" and starts REACHING OUT TO TURN THE FLAME BACK ON!!!!!! "NOOOOOOO DON'T do that" I plead. Does she not smell the noxious gas fumes? They add that nasty smell to natural gas for a reason ya kno? I was so scared we'd all either just die or my kitty's whiskers would be like singed off her face or something.

So... all the fire alarms in this apt (including the one in my bedroom) have been ripped out of the ceiling. I know the firemen came knocking on the door after the insurance inspectors came and saw that this year. That was a few months ago and there is still no fire alarm. Soooo cannot wait to move out of here next month.

6th move in 4 years... glad I'm very portable...

My dog here in Germany isn't doing very well. She has had trouble with a herniated disk (I think that's what it's called?!) for a while now. Really bad. She finally got better. My grandparents tried really hard to keep her from jumping up everywhere. She gets really excited quickly. Lives on everybody. When they weren't looking, she jumped up on a chair outside. When they came back, she tried to jump down, but her paw got stuck on the chair. Now her back leg is hurting really bad. We're not sure what it is exactly and they're going to the vet tomorrow.

She must really be hurting. There is no other dog that gets more excited when she sees us than her. Seeing her not even get up from her bed when we come in breaks my heart. That means she must really be hurting.

It's hard to see her like that. I think she's almost 13 now and you can see she's getting old. It's scary to think that next time I come here, she might not be living anymore. My other one here, a German Shepherd, my absolute favorite, had to be put down while I was gone two years ago. It hurts to not be there in the last moments.

This dog always gets upset when my grandma comes to the US to visit us and barely eats, if at all, when she is gone. My grandma might come for 3 months in the fall to take care of my sister, because maybe my mom has to go back to Germany for that long because of her job. I'm so worried that that might be what really drags down my dog. She's gonna be so upset. :(

Trying to eat healthy and lose some weight...

Craving junk food soooo bad. Theres cookie dough in my freezer...
Here's a solution: give it to me! Especially if it is the kind of cookie dough I think it is...:love:

Here's a solution: give it to me! Especially if it is the kind of cookie dough I think it is...:love:

Yup. it's THAT cookie dough. And it's taunting me. Unless you can get here in the next ten minutes, I'm not sure I can resist its siren call.
Cookies + the wine in the fridge sounds like an awesome night to me...

(I'm a bad dieter)

Got called into work early today because another coworker called out "sick".

Come to find out, she wasn't really sick she just had an emotional break down yesterday at work and did not want to come in today because this one doctor was working.. :mad:

I'm sorry but...suck it up!! I don't care for the guy much either but she was dealing with 2 parvo pets yesterday, finished the treatments, came out of the iso room and asked where this dr. was, the other techs told her that he had gone home for the night and she just broke down and starting cyring. Then she started to complain about how she can't stand the dr. and that she still had questions for him.
If she had questions for him...call HIM!! His number is posted, as are all employee phone numbers, so that we can get in contact with them if we need to. It is not that difficult. Not only that but he writes up all of his charts before he leaves, look in the patient history!

So, I get called in early because someone else is not mature enough to handle their job, within the first 30 minutes of being at work we have a walk-in, a scheduled appointment, 2 emergencies and more appointments arriving with.... 1 doctor and now only 3 techs. Thanks, your immaturity has now personally affected me, the rest of the staff, and the clients/patients, way to go!

Just had Ben n Jerry's oatmeal cookie. I am supposed to go to the gym tonight but I woke up with a Charlie horse this morning and I can still feel it. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day!

I'm so sorry to hear about everyone's pets. I hope they all get better or that you give them the best life possible. I was just there at the end of last semester. There's still certain songs I can't listen to without crying because they remind me of my Boston. Just remember we've all been there are we are here for you if you need anything.

On a separate note I think I've been pissing off my future mother-in-law. I've been getting fed up with her trying to control my wedding. Yes it's her son, but that doesn't mean she can dress her daughter (a bridesmaid) to upstage me (whether because she looks prettier, or just sticks out like a sore thumb). So at graduation I was hungry and tired and we were going to take pictures and they asked where I wanted to take them. I thought they meant on campus and I was like we can drive to this part (she couldn't walk since she broke her toe by stubbing it) and then I didn't want to cooperate when we took them right by where we were. But my mom explained to her I get cranky when I get hungry and she told my mom that I'm always cranky. My mom talked to me about it on our drive home and was so mad at my future m-i-l. I also explained she didn't want to check on my sister and take her with us to get food after the fiance's graduation because she didn't come with us. My sister had to be out of the dorm and wasn't originally invited to the graduation because fiance's siblings were going to come, but then couldn't. I finally stood up for myself and it felt good, but I hate making people unhappy.

Also my dog leaked anal glands on the couch. Thankfully it's leather.

Got called into work early today because another coworker called out "sick".

Come to find out, she wasn't really sick she just had an emotional break down yesterday at work and did not want to come in today because this one doctor was working.. :mad:

I'm sorry but...suck it up!! I don't care for the guy much either but she was dealing with 2 parvo pets yesterday, finished the treatments, came out of the iso room and asked where this dr. was, the other techs told her that he had gone home for the night and she just broke down and starting cyring. Then she started to complain about how she can't stand the dr. and that she still had questions for him.
If she had questions for him...call HIM!! His number is posted, as are all employee phone numbers, so that we can get in contact with them if we need to. It is not that difficult. Not only that but he writes up all of his charts before he leaves, look in the patient history!

So, I get called in early because someone else is not mature enough to handle their job, within the first 30 minutes of being at work we have a walk-in, a scheduled appointment, 2 emergencies and more appointments arriving with.... 1 doctor and now only 3 techs. Thanks, your immaturity has now personally affected me, the rest of the staff, and the clients/patients, way to go!

I'm sorry because this is the rant thread and I totally get that it sucks to be called in... but it's okay to take a mental health day once in a while. It's not necessarily immaturity; she could have a mild mental illness that could spiral out of control if she gets way too stressed, or she could just need a day to get everything together so she can do a good job when she is at work. Unless this is a pattern, I feel like she deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sorry because this is the rant thread and I totally get that it sucks to be called in... but it's okay to take a mental health day once in a while. It's not necessarily immaturity; she could have a mild mental illness that could spiral out of control if she gets way too stressed, or she could just need a day to get everything together so she can do a good job when she is at work. Unless this is a pattern, I feel like she deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, she is like this often. She usually complains to me and I can calm her down but I was not there yesterday.

It probably does not help that she is pregnant either. And I completely get taking a mental health day, but sometimes it gets a bit out of hand when you are constantly breaking down and unable to handle your job.

ETA: I absolutely love this coworker. She is a really great person and cares for everyone. But just because I like someone doesn't mean that I can back them up every single time they break down at work or make a mistake. Sometimes, some people are just not cut out for certain jobs, it does not change how I feel about them as a person.

I am starving! I have no idea why. I ate breakfast (yogurt and strawberries) around 7 because I woke up ravenous (Was weird though because the idea of food sounded disgusting). My stomach just feels completely empty!

Sorry it was rough... Been there. But there is always hope until there is no more hope.

Thanks SOV.

It's just sad when you study your butt off and still feel like you know nothing because the profs seem to think that their topic is the most important and you need to know the tiny little details they skimmed over. Blah. Now I must go study for the last final.

Note: Sorry if my post was scary to pre-vetters, I didn't mean to be, I just needed an outlet to vent :oops: