RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone stole a pit bull from my dog rescue:mad:. Police found the guy and asked him about it, but he no longer had the dog. I am really worried about his safety. He is such a sweet boy.

Members don't see this ad.

Someone stole a pit bull from my dog rescue:mad:. Police found the guy and asked him about it, but he no longer had the dog. I am really worried about his safety. He is such a sweet boy.

Aww! I hope you'll find him! :scared:

Dumb decision for the semester: slacking off for the first two biochem exams because, whatever, if the final exam is my highest grade, that will be the semester grade, so I'll just do awesome on that.

WHY did I think like that?!?! I hate HATE cumulative finals, especially when I need to consider it 100% of my grade and I seriously slacked off studying until this weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dumb decision for the semester: slacking off for the first two biochem exams because, whatever, if the final exam is my highest grade, that will be the semester grade, so I'll just do awesome on that.

WHY did I think like that?!?! I hate HATE cumulative finals, especially when I need to consider it 100% of my grade and I seriously slacked off studying until this weekend.
Ugg, bad situation to be in. I always do the opposite: do really well in the beginning of the course so I have some slack come finals. I'm just usually so burned out by the time finals come around that I will barely study.

We attempted a splenectomy today on my best friend's mom's dog. Turns out the tumor was much bigger than we thought. It was the size a cantaloupe (in a Pomeranian!) and involved the stomach, pancreas, intestines, and possibly a kidney. It was so knobby and hard and big we couldn't tell. Had to call my friend's mom and tell her to come quick to say goodbye. I felt so bad, she just lost her other best friend to CHF 1 month ago.

That was 1 of 5 euthanasias we did today. Rough Monday....

Last edited:
Ugg, bad situation to be in. I always do the opposite: do really well in the beginning of the course so I have some slack come finals. I'm just usually so burned out by the time finals come around that I will barely study.

That's what I normally try to do... Did mediocre on the first exam, put off studying for second exam and did slightly less than mediocre, and, well, it's over now, so, I'll see in a week, but whatever.

Done with the semester!

Slightly less climatic when I'm only taking one class rather than full-time. Sigh.

Currently reading a dogs purpose by w Bruce Cameron. Totally made me cry in a part where the dog character dies because it totally reminded me of when I had to euthanize my dog. Last Friday was the one year anniversary. I was totally bawling my eyes out a few minutes ago and I'm quite sad.......more than I've let on to my friends and family....can't stop thinking about it and wondering what I could have done differently......sigh

I am so mad at my husband. He NEVER has forethought. Ever. My car is in the shop because the check engine light is on. He rides his bike to work so I drove his at his suggestion. Well crap. The check engine light is on in his too. So after bootcamp and heading to the grocery store his POS car leaves me stranded. Call him to see how long the light has been on. "It's because the gas gauge doesn't work." So you're telling me you sent me out in a car devoid of gas? "Maybe." Are you kidding me?! He's like this all the time! Can't think more than 10 minutes ahead!!! Refused to consider coming with me to vet school and when asked if he'll visit me he says that may not be doable but that that is too far in the future.

Sorry. This car thing just set me off. :mad:

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

I am so mad at my husband. He NEVER has forethought. Ever. My car is in the shop because the check engine light is on. He rides his bike to work so I drove his at his suggestion. Well crap. The check engine light is on in his too. So after bootcamp and heading to the grocery store his POS car leaves me stranded. Call him to see how long the light has been on. "It's because the gas gauge doesn't work." So you're telling me you sent me out in a car devoid of gas? "Maybe." Are you kidding me?! He's like this all the time! Can't think more than 10 minutes ahead!!! Refused to consider coming with me to vet school and when asked if he'll visit me he says that may not be doable but that that is too far in the future.

Sorry. This car thing just set me off. :mad:

My first thought was: Whoa! You're married? Cool.

Then it was, dang this rant has multiple things that I feel bad about. The whole not coming/visiting vet school sucks a lot! The car! I would be so mad. The check engine light always freaks me out and then to be stranded?! Ugh! I hope your day gets better.

My first thought was: Whoa! You're married? Cool.

Then it was, dang this rant has multiple things that I feel bad about. The whole not coming/visiting vet school sucks a lot! The car! I would be so mad. The check engine light always freaks me out and then to be stranded?! Ugh! I hope your day gets better.

Thanks :oops: I don't really talk about being married because many, many things over the last couple of years have left us VERY shaky.

Thanks :oops: I don't really talk about being married because many, many things over the last couple of years have left us VERY shaky.

I'm so sorry abney. that does not sound like a very fun situation and even more sad about the not visiting/going with to vet school :( grrr why do men have to be so difficult! I hope you guys work things out, and things get better :)

The behaviorist I work with is only at my vet hospital 2 days a week. Every other week for one day she works at a different location and there's very little room for an extra person. So, it's basically once a week on one day and every other week on another day. I love behavior appointments. I missed 4 appointments last week because Idiot Dog decided to get a foreign body. She had one appointment today and is at her other location tomorrow. Her appointment for today cancelled :( BOOOO. So that means no appointments all week. And I'm leaving in a couple of months. I'm sad. She is such a huge influence for me and has really become my mentor throughout this whole process.

It's kind of a minor thing, but I'm still sad. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
So over working where I do. I'm over being the only person that does their job. I'm over knowing we'll be short staffed and not calling anyone in and being lectured about how I don't do enough. I'm over other doctors giving subpar care to animals (making a dog that is bleeding out the nose and mouth and can't walk in wait 10 minutes before seeing it).

So over working where I do. I'm over being the only person that does their job. I'm over knowing we'll be short staffed and not calling anyone in and being lectured about how I don't do enough. I'm over other doctors giving subpar care to animals (making a dog that is bleeding out the nose and mouth and can't walk in wait 10 minutes before seeing it).

I am angry at the place you work at Dyachei!!!! I wish you were in a better circumstance:(! And I cannot believe the dog that had to wait!:eek::mad: that sounds horribly cruel!!!!! When can you get out of there?!?!?!

I am angry at the place you work at Dyachei!!!! I wish you were in a better circumstance:(! And I cannot believe the dog that had to wait!:eek::mad: that sounds horribly cruel!!!!! When can you get out of there?!?!?!

I need a job offer. I can't leave loans unpaid.

So the full situation is this: my husband hates his job and I hate mine. This new Dr., Dr. B is sapping my will to work there. My husband is sapping my energy at home talking about his job. He finds out at the end of the week if he has a new job that he would start in July. I've interviewed with 3 places and am waiting for more. I interview again with one of them Sunday. Dr. B is so freaking stupid sometimes I want to pull my hair out. On a regular day with both of us working, I typically end up seeing twice the pets she does because a lazy slob. She constantly tried to undermine me. She treats our clients and their pets like crap. She is super shady and has now (thankfully) attracted the attention of higher ups. I was looking at buying a practice in GA, but think I will pass on it if my husband gets the new job (no good opportunities for him there).

Today, she saw a vaccine allergic pet. The owner was coming in at 3:15 with another pet and wanted to pick up then. Because shes a lazy slacker, Dr. B didn't have time to go to lunch until 2:45. I reminded her the dog's owner would be here at 3:15.

1st response: Why don't you just put your name on it? The owner hasn't met me yet. I told her hell, no, I won't put my name on a pet I've never seen.

2nd response: Well, I can't wait another 30 minutes for my lunch.

As you can see, her priorities are out of whack.

I need a job offer. I can't leave loans unpaid.

So the full situation is this: my husband hates his job and I hate mine. This new Dr., Dr. B is sapping my will to work there. My husband is sapping my energy at home talking about his job. He finds out at the end of the week if he has a new job that he would start in July. I've interviewed with 3 places and am waiting for more. I interview again with one of them Sunday. Dr. B is so freaking stupid sometimes I want to pull my hair out. On a regular day with both of us working, I typically end up seeing twice the pets she does because a lazy slob. She constantly tried to undermine me. She treats our clients and their pets like crap. She is super shady and has now (thankfully) attracted the attention of higher ups. I was looking at buying a practice in GA, but think I will pass on it if my husband gets the new job (no good opportunities for him there).

Today, she saw a vaccine allergic pet. The owner was coming in at 3:15 with another pet and wanted to pick up then. Because shes a lazy slacker, Dr. B didn't have time to go to lunch until 2:45. I reminded her the dog's owner would be here at 3:15.

1st response: Why don't you just put your name on it? The owner hasn't met me yet. I told her hell, no, I won't put my name on a pet I've never seen.

2nd response: Well, I can't wait another 30 minutes for my lunch.

As you can see, her priorities are out of whack.
That is just an awful situation to be dealing with. I really hope both you and your husband find something much better and soon!

That is just an awful situation to be dealing with. I really hope both you and your husband find something much better and soon!

seriously. I'm sorry dyachei :( :xf::xf: for better jobs coming you and your hubbies way!

This is actually a rave, but ...They found the stolen pitty, and he has been returned to the shelter! Now if we can only get him adopted by someone great!

This is actually a rave, but ...They found the stolen pitty, and he has been returned to the shelter! Now if we can only get him adopted by someone great!

Yay!! I literally just got all pissed off again when I opened this thread and saw your original post about it at the top! So glad to hear that!

And Dyachei... did you ever hear back from the place you went back to a few times???:xf::xf:

Yay!! I literally just got all pissed off again when I opened this thread and saw your original post about it at the top! So glad to hear that!

And Dyachei... did you ever hear back from the place you went back to a few times???:xf::xf:

Yet another interview Sunday.

Hoping things start to look better for you Dyachei!!!!

And my rant is about financial aid forms. They're just a pain in the butt to fill out. Asking me how much undergrad aid I got per year. I can tell you my direct loans but hell if I remember when my Perkins/other institutional aid was taken out. I can just tell you the amount and how much I'm going to owe but not the year. I used to be able to pull it up on Webadviser through my school but I no longer have access to that.

Hoping things start to look better for you Dyachei!!!!

And my rant is about financial aid forms. They're just a pain in the butt to fill out. Asking me how much undergrad aid I got per year. I can tell you my direct loans but hell if I remember when my Perkins/other institutional aid was taken out. I can just tell you the amount and how much I'm going to owe but not the year. I used to be able to pull it up on Webadviser through my school but I no longer have access to that.

Institutional forms of any type are a huge old pain in the butt.
Just had to deal with filling out insurance forms yesterday. Spent a while yelling at the forms and the computer search system and the directions that tell you to choose a search option that doesn't exist. I think someone purposefully designs these things like this just so they can laugh at everyone going crazy trying to fill them out.

Also, best of luck to you on Sunday, dyachei. Really hope one of these interviews works out for you!

Institutional forms of any type are a huge old pain in the butt.
Just had to deal with filling out insurance forms yesterday. Spent a while yelling at the forms and the computer search system and the directions that tell you to choose a search option that doesn't exist. I think someone purposefully designs these things like this just so they can laugh at everyone going crazy trying to fill them out.

Also, best of luck to you on Sunday, dyachei. Really hope one of these interviews works out for you!

Luckily my mom saved the day and dug out a huge folder with all the information. Still don't want to fill the forms out...wahhhh.

So I'm going to use this thread to make a confession...

I actually have no freaking clue what a WW game is, or about, or how its played.

There. I said it! Lol. I feel like such a n00b!

I'm excited to be playing again when I get back from Germany! :laugh:

So I work with kids, and one kid is trying to convince his Mom to get him a cellphone (he's in foster care, this is his bio Mom). He's going on a field trip next week and wants it for that.

Mom pointed out there was a chaperone with him.

His response: "Mom, do you seriously think a 55-year-old would have a cellphone or even know what it is?"

:eyebrow::smack::uhno::whoa::poke:

My 70-year-old GRANDPA has a cellphone.

Geezus.

And now he's lecturing the mother on the difference between a debit and credit card.

Kids these days.

:uhno:

My grandma isn't quite that old, but age doesn't always mean people can't deal with electronics (right SOV?). :laugh:

My grandma regularly skypes with us, has a cellphone, uses the fax machine, has a facebook, emails us and recently figured out "you can do anything with that google thing!"

She loves figuring that stuff out! haha She does so many things on her computer. haha

Really sad day :(

Last night I did the overnight at the emergency clinic I work at at home. I got to work with one of my favorite co-workers, we've always gotten along and work really well together, I really look up to her and we are two of only three people left who still work here from when the clinic opened.

While we were catching up she told me that she had been butting heads with our office manager and one of the vets and techs from the day-time practice. From her side of the story (the only side I've heard so taken with a grain of salt) it sounded like she had no idea why these people were being difficult with her and that she was trying to fix it. She said she had spoken to one of the co-owners of the practice, who is also one of the emergency vets and thought that the situation would soon be fixed. I listened to her and gave her my good lucks and then didn't think much of it.

Well When I woke up from my nap this afternoon and checked my facebook her status was all about her being fired! She then proceeded to go into detail about how "so and so is a B**** and their day will come and such and such" I was totally shocked 1. because I never thought she would be fired and 2. because of the way she was conducting herself about it. I mean she outright called out one of our other co-workers on her facebook blaming her for getting her fired and lots of other bad stuff.

I'm just so dissapointed in my work place right now, dissappointed that these disagreements went so far that they resulted in our losing a very good worker and dissapointed at her behavior afterwards :( and I'm also worried that I will somehow get dragged in to this drama. But above all I'm really sad to have lost such a great co-worker, I'm really going to miss working with her :cry:.

then to top off the day I took my car in for an oil change and ended up having to replace a bunch of parts (car illiterate, the mechanic (that i really trust) gave me a list of things that were broken and would result in me stranded on the side of the road) so my originally $45 bill turned into a $400 one :thumbdown: .

Sent my bengal to go live with my mentor vet (the one who took her from crazy breeder vet originally). She's breathing heavy even in her sleep and we had a long convo debating about when to pull the plug on her today. I feel so so guilty, but I just couldn't watch her dying anymore. I'm too emotionally attached and it's getting so hard to stay rational. The vet's going to give her a little more time since she's still playing a little bit. We also ordered an oxygen condenser for her to see if that helps with the breathing. I just really feel like I failed her. I should have been able to see her through. I think I could have, but it would have killed me. I don't know. I just feel so bad.

Sent my bengal to go live with my mentor vet (the one who took her from crazy breeder vet originally). She's breathing heavy even in her sleep and we had a long convo debating about when to pull the plug on her today. I feel so so guilty, but I just couldn't watch her dying anymore. I'm too emotionally attached and it's getting so hard to stay rational. The vet's going to give her a little more time since she's still playing a little bit. We also ordered an oxygen condenser for her to see if that helps with the breathing. I just really feel like I failed her. I should have been able to see her through. I think I could have, but it would have killed me. I don't know. I just feel so bad.

Don't feel bad at all. You've done everything you can so far and should definitely not feel like you've failed her. :hug:

Stopped at an Amish bakery on my way home from camping.
They had pies. Fresh out of the oven.

Hello chocolate cream, hello blackberry.

Goodbye diet :(

(re-directed to more appropriate RAVE tread)

So I'm actually graduating with a ba in psych .. went to our psych department head to get a signature for my degree (this was wayy before i got my academic relief from my horrible semester) and she basically told me "there's no way you are getting into vet school... these grades are sticking with you forever...you can't do anything" I was a little stunned. I tried explaining to her my plan on how to bounce back and let her know what I have been going through. She just spoke over me and told me to save it for someone else. I only got as far as telling her that I am taking summer school and she cut me off saying that I should just graduate and get out of the university since there really isn't anything that I can gain from attending more classes.

Made me even more depressed ... and now that I'm feeling better these days, I just want to succeed and one day just show her up.

IMO she crossed the line. I don't think this was a "harsh truth" .. I think she was careless and didn't think twice before speaking to me, a student, in that manner. Just thinking back on that moment makes me so angry :mad:

Currently reading a dogs purpose by w Bruce Cameron. Totally made me cry in a part where the dog character dies because it totally reminded me of when I had to euthanize my dog. Last Friday was the one year anniversary. I was totally bawling my eyes out a few minutes ago and I'm quite sad.......more than I've let on to my friends and family....can't stop thinking about it and wondering what I could have done differently......sigh

I know what you mean. I've done the exact same thing. I am wondering if I'll keep regretting not having a necropsy done.

Really sad day :(

Last night I did the overnight at the emergency clinic I work at at home. I got to work with one of my favorite co-workers, we've always gotten along and work really well together, I really look up to her and we are two of only three people left who still work here from when the clinic opened.

While we were catching up she told me that she had been butting heads with our office manager and one of the vets and techs from the day-time practice. From her side of the story (the only side I've heard so taken with a grain of salt) it sounded like she had no idea why these people were being difficult with her and that she was trying to fix it. She said she had spoken to one of the co-owners of the practice, who is also one of the emergency vets and thought that the situation would soon be fixed. I listened to her and gave her my good lucks and then didn't think much of it.

Well When I woke up from my nap this afternoon and checked my facebook her status was all about her being fired! She then proceeded to go into detail about how "so and so is a B**** and their day will come and such and such" I was totally shocked 1. because I never thought she would be fired and 2. because of the way she was conducting herself about it. I mean she outright called out one of our other co-workers on her facebook blaming her for getting her fired and lots of other bad stuff.

I'm just so dissapointed in my work place right now, dissappointed that these disagreements went so far that they resulted in our losing a very good worker and dissapointed at her behavior afterwards :( and I'm also worried that I will somehow get dragged in to this drama. But above all I'm really sad to have lost such a great co-worker, I'm really going to miss working with her :cry:.

then to top off the day I took my car in for an oil change and ended up having to replace a bunch of parts (car illiterate, the mechanic (that i really trust) gave me a list of things that were broken and would result in me stranded on the side of the road) so my originally $45 bill turned into a $400 one :thumbdown: .

I relate with the car issues. I had my oil changed on Friday and the radiator needed to be flushed. The thing is they double filled my oil and didn't will the radiator all the way. Turns out too much oil is really back for your car. It started spewing white smoke out the exhaust within 10 miles. And it was a lot. I had to get it towed across town (cost me another $10 in addition to the $175 I spent earlier). Thankfully my car didn't freeze up. But even after draining 4 extra quarts of oil it took my dad driving it on the freeway for an hour or more before the oil finally burned out. And my car completely stopped on me before my dad took it out.

So I'm actually graduating with a ba in psych .. went to our psych department head to get a signature for my degree (this was wayy before i got my academic relief from my horrible semester) and she basically told me "there's no way you are getting into vet school... these grades are sticking with you forever...you can't do anything" I was a little stunned. I tried explaining to her my plan on how to bounce back and let her know what I have been going through. She just spoke over me and told me to save it for someone else. I only got as far as telling her that I am taking summer school and she cut me off saying that I should just graduate and get out of the university since there really isn't anything that I can gain from attending more classes.

Made me even more depressed ... and now that I'm feeling better these days, I just want to succeed and one day just show her up.

IMO she crossed the line. I don't think this was a "harsh truth" .. I think she was careless and didn't think twice before speaking to me, a student, in that manner. Just thinking back on that moment makes me so angry :mad:

There are so many non-believers out there. I had a vet that I worked with for a little while that told me I shouldn't apply to The Ohio State because I'd never get in. He obviously didn't know me because I got in there and 6 other schools. You apply and make your application wonderful you'll get into your pick. And then you can say "So there." :luck: I believe in you.

Yesterday was a day full of crappy cases. It was all HBC, cancer, GI stuff, and aggressive dogs. I am exhausted and all I want to do today (my day off) is sleep and relax. However, that is not going to happen because I have to go to a staff meeting this morning and then go to school with a friend for an hour. Hopefully once that's all done I can take a nap.

Screw her! I have a close friend in vet school at RVC that was told something very similar by our college's pre health adviser (we called her the dream crusher). Fast forward a year, my friend got in to RVC and the adviser wanted a copy of my friend's acceptance letter for HER success file! Of course my friend said no.

What does this psych adviser know about vet school admissions anyways?
Let your haters be your motivators:)

Screw her! I have a close friend in vet school at RVC that was told something very similar by our college's pre health adviser (we called her the dream crusher). Fast forward a year, my friend got in to RVC and the adviser wanted a copy of my friend's acceptance letter for HER success file! Of course my friend said no.

What does this psych adviser know about vet school admissions anyways?
Let your haters be your motivators:)
:thumbup: to this

So I'm going to use this thread to make a confession...

I actually have no freaking clue what a WW game is, or about, or how its played.

There. I said it! Lol. I feel like such a n00b!

She definitely crossed the line. If it helps at all, advisors, profs etc are notoriously bad at predicting who will or won't get into graduate schools. I won't bore you with my own story, but my adviser gave me VERY bad advice and I feel lucky to have survived the process. Go ahead with your plan! The best of luck to you!

I still am having issues getting a copy of my K State transcript. This is getting ridiculous.

ETA: They finally let me do it over the phone and didn't make me pay for it!

Last edited:
She definitely crossed the line. If it helps at all, advisors, profs etc are notoriously bad at predicting who will or won't get into graduate schools. I won't bore you with my own story, but my adviser gave me VERY bad advice and I feel lucky to have survived the process. Go ahead with your plan! The best of luck to you!

I'm happy I changed my advisor! He was very pessimistic and while he wasn't bad with choosing classes, he also wasn't very nice when talking about vet school and that I will have to do a ton better if I want to study vet med - but he won't help me in terms of tutors, which classes might be good to take, etc. Anything. I did everything myself.

I just changed advisors and picked my freshman orientation advisor. Already love the change! He already asked me to help him with research next semester, helped me get into two classes I really wanted for next semester and always send me emails with new opportunities (he's now trying to make it so I get credit for my practicum!). I'm so much happier with him.

Well, rant: My grandma's dog didn't hurt her foot. She's having trouble with a herniated disk again. The vet said if it gets worse, she might lose the ability to walk completely. I know she's old, but she's the first dog I remember getting as a puppy and it's hard to accept that she might not make it much longer. I know she's in pain, but still.. :( If she doesn't come up running to you when you come in the door, there's something wrong. Even with her age now, she always did that. Now she barely lifts her head, so she must really be feeling bad. She's already been to the vet twice this week and she's back on Saturday again. :(